Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) (68499 Views)

Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / Inside Putin's N180b Presidential Plane That Includes Gold-plated Toilet & A Gym / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by helphelp: 3:03pm On May 04, 2017
wow
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Pacotdc(m): 3:03pm On May 04, 2017
God have mercy. If it's in Nigeria it would have been a different story

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by 2shure: 3:03pm On May 04, 2017
Uf it were naija.
Things widbaf been bleeped up
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 04, 2017
thank God for life

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 3:04pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:
Forced landing due to engine failure most likely. Good airmanship if you ask me.

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. grin

Wasn't a forced landing , it's was shallow angle of attack on take off so the plane went into a stall which the pilot couldn't recover ..watched the footage and I am suprised he survived that ball of flame
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 3:05pm On May 04, 2017
webincomeplus:
Waiting for some people to blame this on Buhari.

The Nigerian-Americans who are more American than the actual Americans will rather sympathise with "their" country and hold Bubu responsible. grin grin
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by holatimmy(f): 3:07pm On May 04, 2017
If it's my Nigeria,that area will not have light for 3 months.

Rainfall sef light dey go for 3 days angry
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 04, 2017
"The damaged power lines led to a brief power cut."
the statement above got me wowed. if ordinary pole fall lasan in Nigeria, its goodbye to electricity for the rest of that month.

2 Likes

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by isahsalee: 3:07pm On May 04, 2017
Some wailers will surely blame it on Buhari
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by kunlegboye(m): 3:07pm On May 04, 2017
Trump why now?
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Marvel1206: 3:08pm On May 04, 2017
soberdrunk:
'Led to a "brief" power cut', if nah Nigeria by this time next year dem still fit never get light for that area....... angry
I was about to say that.
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Turks: 3:10pm On May 04, 2017
Shallow AOA? shocked

He he a trainer pilot? That's serious o. How did he get his license btw?
SalamRushdie:

Wasn't a forced landing , it's was shallow angle of attack on take off so the plane went into a stall which the pilot couldn't recover ..watched the footage and I am suprised he survived that ball of flame
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 04, 2017
okay.
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 3:14pm On May 04, 2017
isahsalee:
Some wailers will surely blame it on Buhari

Some Nigerians who are more American than the Americans are already using "if" against our Nigeria.

I wonder what they are still doing in Nigeria when US allows change of nationality.

2 Likes

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by sunnyeinstein(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:
Forced landing due to engine failure most likely. Good airmanship if you ask me. Most people don't know that All landings are crashes only that they're controlled. The uncontrolled ones are most often than not the fatal ones.

Meanwhile: "Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing" grin

Captain skipper! Welcome to madagascar cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 04, 2017
prettyboi1989:
"The damaged power lines led to a brief power cut."
the statement above got me wowed. if ordinary pole fall lasan, its goodbye to electricity for the rest of that month.

I swear.....if na Nigeria...Say goodbye to power for the next 2yrs

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by gurunlocker: 3:18pm On May 04, 2017
The damages power lines led to a brief power cut

That will take 8 months to fix in Naija
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 3:20pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:
Shallow AOA? shocked

He he a trainer pilot? That's serious o. How did he get his license btw?

You can never tell what went wrong because there a few force majeure factors that can distort your angle of attack in the blink of an eye e.g micro burst ..and if you plane doesn't have the commensurate power , space and skill to overturn it Na ground get you be that

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Orlins: 3:25pm On May 04, 2017
"The damaged power lines led to a brief power failure" no plane has crashed in my street yet our lights is like the plane crashes erryday... smh wink

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Mcreloaded(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2017
After the flame the plane still has its white paint lol

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by holluphemydavid(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2017
tank God for their lives
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by beewhy009(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2017
Brief power cut indeed... If na naija, d power cut go rch 6 months before electricity will be restored...
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by gqboyy(m): 3:35pm On May 04, 2017
If it's in Naija many could have died
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by SlyCharlie(m): 3:43pm On May 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You can never tell what went wrong because there a few force majeure factors that can distort your angle of attack in the blink of an eye e.g micro burst ..and if you plane doesn't have the commensurate power , space and skill to overturn it Na ground get you be that
I was thinking micro burst too.
Every aviator's worst nightmare. Landings and Takeoffs..
Well all is well that ends well

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by mejai(m): 3:44pm On May 04, 2017
a whole america no get sewage truck extinguisher
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by ephi123(f): 3:46pm On May 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Hmm.

I thought everything about US is perfect.

Anyway, wetin koinsyne me? I'm a Nigerian.

Topic for the Nigerian-Americans.

haha! maybe not
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by jamesbridget13(f): 3:50pm On May 04, 2017
Brief power cut
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by VIPERVENOM(m): 3:53pm On May 04, 2017
They​ have that traffic light to thank. As soon as it hit thar traffic light all the jet fuel drained out. It could have been worse
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by mosez346(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2017
mmmmmh this is a sign DAT Jesus has already arived........ prepared....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) / Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Trailer Loses Brake In Imo, Crushes 20 Women To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.