Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) (68500 Views)

Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / Inside Putin's N180b Presidential Plane That Includes Gold-plated Toilet & A Gym / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by MARKone(m): 4:04pm On May 04, 2017
The 30 year old pilot did not sustain any injury although 2 other people were injured.

The damaged power lines led to a brief power cut.

Led to a brief power cut, let it be in Nigeria, one year them never get light.
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2017
All thanks to God and Quick recovery to the injured
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Turks: 4:16pm On May 04, 2017
Na true sha. Wind shear, microburst etc. plus it's a single engine plane.
SalamRushdie:

You can never tell what went wrong because there a few force majeure factors that can distort your angle of attack in the blink of an eye e.g micro burst ..and if you plane doesn't have the commensurate power , space and skill to overturn it Na ground get you be that

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by burkingx(f): 4:52pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:
Forced landing due to engine failure most likely. Good airmanship if you ask me. Most people don't know that All landings are crashes only that they're controlled. The uncontrolled ones are most often than not the fatal ones.

Meanwhile: "Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing" grin
.....Gbammn!!! gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Some Nigerians who are more American than the Americans are already using "if" against our Nigeria.

I wonder what they are still doing in Nigeria when US allows change of nationality.

God bless you all those saying "if" don't have sense, their inferiority complex is embarassing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Turks: 5:05pm On May 04, 2017
Nice one! Was looking for this pic!
burkingx:
.....Gbammn!!! gringringrin
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by stevebond007(m): 5:05pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:
Forced landing due to engine failure most likely. Good airmanship if you ask me. Most people don't know that All landings are crashes only that they're controlled. The uncontrolled ones are most often than not the fatal ones.

Delta Alpha Delta Alpha
How do you read sir?
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Turks: 5:06pm On May 04, 2017
I read you Charlie Sir.
stevebond007:

Delta Alpha Delta Alpha
How do you read sir?
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by stevebond007(m): 5:10pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:
I read you Charlie Sir.
Information Xray
Request taxi
Holding point
Runway 04
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by hatchy(f): 5:11pm On May 04, 2017
You see, it landed and caused a brief power cut because it hit a power structure hmmm. In Nigeria,such would have led to 2 months power outage before the aviation ministry will inspect the damage caused for investigation to commence will take another 2 months before a report is written and a panel set up,then power hold-them(phcn) will ask for the residents of that area where the crash occurred to contribute for the damaged cables and high tension transformer,that is after collecting huge sum from the airline operator.

In Nigeria every event is an opportunity for someone somewhere to be rich. After all the out break of meningitis have made some people rich in some states in the North.

Nigeria my country...

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Turks: 5:14pm On May 04, 2017
Start up granted
Taxi Runway 04
Hold at runway 04 due to Traffic on Short final
Confirm you copy?
stevebond007:

Information Xray
Request taxi
Holding point
Runway 04
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by pamcode(m): 5:14pm On May 04, 2017
Even with the explosion no life was lost. Thank God. He does not sleep neither does he slumber.
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by stevebond007(m): 5:17pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:
Start up granted
Taxi Runway 04
Hold at runway 04 due to Traffic on Short final
Confirm you copy?
Copy
Nairaland Tower
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Turks: 5:20pm On May 04, 2017
Rooooooooger!
stevebond007:

Copy
Nairaland Tower
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by lillaowow(m): 5:32pm On May 04, 2017
FAKE!!!!!!!!!
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by stevebond007(m): 5:35pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:
Rooooooooger!

NOTAM
Get radio freuency on profile in case of Blind transmission
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Abdul124(m): 6:06pm On May 04, 2017
If it were to be in Nigeria ppl would have gather at d scene.
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Caseless: 6:19pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:

brilliant.
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by brendan007: 6:21pm On May 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Wasn't a forced landing , it's was shallow angle of attack on take off so the plane went into a stall which the pilot couldn't recover ..watched the footage and I am suprised he survived that ball of flame
He most likely forgot that he was flying a fixed wing and not a rotary wing grin Thanks goodness they are safe.

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 7:20pm On May 04, 2017
soberdrunk:
'Led to a "brief" power cut', if nah Nigeria by this time next year dem still fit never get light for that area....... angry
Bros na d first thing wey enter my mind as i read d post finish.if na naija Na him b say make that whole area just firget about light till only God know.
I just note d word "brief". Naija will soon reach here in another 200 to 300 years
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Ssshyne(m): 7:24pm On May 04, 2017
one thing that interest me is the term "brief power cut"..if na naija that area won't have electricity for the next 2yrs
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by wizod(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2017
Thank God no life was lost but as for d affected power lines if it is in dis contraption called Nigeria, sorry, there will be no light 4 2yrs and above.
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Kamamchukwu(m): 7:52pm On May 04, 2017
Turks:

are You A Pilot
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Kamamchukwu(m): 7:56pm On May 04, 2017
stevebond007:
Copy Nairaland Tower
are You A Pilot Sir
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Galantsantana(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2017
``The damaged power lines led to a brief power cut.`` is the most captivating to me. The ``brief`` thing shows how developed US is. If it were to be Nigeria, they should not expect it fixed for the next few weeks( if not months) except that it interrupts government house!!!!!! However, despite all this naija factors & challenges, I stil believe in the workability of Nigeria. We shall rise & be great again!!!! I believe.

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Kamamchukwu(m): 8:04pm On May 04, 2017
Please Pilots In The House I Am An Nd1 Mechanical Engineering Student Of A Federal Polytecnic Is It Still Possible For Me To Accomplish My Dream Of Becoming A Pilot If Yes, Please What Are The Procedures And Criteria To Accomplish That Thank You
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 8:17pm On May 04, 2017
Awon cone heads shud know that its aeroplane that crashed o and not kite..because cone heds heard 'small' plane,they are betting their amala that its a kite grin
op,thank God jawe,no life was lost
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2017
Did I hear brief power cut? Hmm if na my beloved country Nigeria those people in that neighbourhood must make a contribution of #5000 per household before they will fix it in 6 months time.

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by KingOfThePay(m): 8:48pm On May 04, 2017
Game oF Thrones. KING's LANDING!
Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 04, 2017
if this happened in nigeria everyone would have died including people who rushed to the accident spot to scoop the spilled fuel. grin

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by stevebond007(m): 9:17pm On May 04, 2017
Kamamchukwu:
are You A Pilot Sir
A student getting all my licenses soon sir.

1 Like

Re: Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) by Kamamchukwu(m): 9:49pm On May 04, 2017
stevebond007:

A student getting all my licenses soon sir.
pls Sir I Am An Nd1 Mechanical Engineering Student Of A Federal Polytecnic Is It Still Possible For Me To Become A Pilot If Yes Please What Are The Procedures And Criteria Required And Like How Much Will It Cost

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) / Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Trailer Loses Brake In Imo, Crushes 20 Women To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.