Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? (1436 Views)

Mustapha Suleiman And Fatima Abdullahi Tuge: Ex Lovers Take Case To Police / become Good At Conversation With Ladies by doing this. / Nigerian Ex-lovers Melt Hearts With Their Emotional Exchange On Facebook. - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 6:36pm On May 04, 2017
After a breakup , its normal for the used-to-be-couple to either stop talking, cut ties or even hate themselves.
What im confused about is when after falling madly in love with each other, quarrelling and then breaking up , both individuals actually become friends again and act like nothing ever happened. Is that feasible? I tend to question the love they had in the first place.
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by dtruth50: 6:42pm On May 04, 2017
YEA is possible but is either dey are still in love or never be in love before

4 Likes

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by NelsonNeo(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2017
Marisol911:
After a breakup , its normal for the used-to-be-couple to either stop talking, cut ties or even hate themselves.
What im confused about is when after falling madly in love with each other, quarrelling and then breaking up , both individuals actually become friends again and act like nothing ever happened. Is that feasible? I tend to question the love they had in the first place.
never worked fr me! We become total strangers after a failed relationship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:44pm On May 04, 2017
If they want, yeah. undecided

©YBR
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by ctex4real(m): 6:44pm On May 04, 2017
I dont think its necessary for them to be good friends. It would only incite emotions that may restore the relationship. Dont give chances unless you are ready to take chances. #mytake
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Nickizoe(f): 6:53pm On May 04, 2017
I have seen ex lover's become real friends again....

The guy is married now to the Lady that bears his child

They act so friendly that the guy even visits the girl in her family home..

They gist , laugh abuse them selves like two fresh love birds

Friends and both families even get confuse about them

He still gets her stuffs

The guy knows the Lady is really in a real relationship that will soon lead to marriage

The question we keep asking is, Are they Insane??

Is their something still fishing ?

Are they still in love??

The girl is my cousin..

2 Likes

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 04, 2017
Of course,yes.
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 7:03pm On May 04, 2017
NelsonNeo:
never worked fr me! We become total strangers after a failed relationship
works differently for me.. we dont necessarily become total strangers,, but we wont be good friends anymore.. maybe just d "hi hi " friends.. but nothing more
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 7:05pm On May 04, 2017
Nickizoe:
I have seen ex lover's become real friends again....

The guy is married now to the Lady that bears his child

They act so friendly that the guy even visits the girl in her family home..

They gist , laugh abuse them selves like two fresh love birds

Friends and both families even get confuse about them

He still gets her stuffs

The guy knows the Lady is really in a real relationship that will soon lead to marriage

The question we keep asking is, Are they Insane??

Is their something still fishing ?

Are they still in love??

The girl is my cousin..

un my opinion, they are still in love. what they have is still there. its glaring

1 Like

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 7:07pm On May 04, 2017
ctex4real:
I dont think its necessary for them to be good friends. It would only incite emotions that may restore the relationship. Dont give chances unless you are ready to take chances. #mytake
Right? i think so too.. unless youre willing to take on whatever results from becomin close again, DO Not be close friends with exes
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 7:08pm On May 04, 2017
Tiny23:
Of course,yes.
Really? why?

1 Like

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 04, 2017
It's called being emotionally and mentally mature. Things did not work out between my ex and I, I will most certainly not hate him on that account. Further more not every one fights and calls each other all sorts of names when they split up.If you had the foresight to see that you had become parallel lines in the relationship and took time to see if this can be rectified and that was not possible then you part ways. It's when you both pretend ( or one of you does) that all is only to have one head on collision in the end , this is when bitterneee and anger fester. They exist because one of you was not honest and forthright. I have no hatred or anger towards my ex, I would not describe us as friends but when we do meet we are able laugh and joke and have rich conversations.

1 Like

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 7:38pm On May 04, 2017
Raine80:
It's called being emotionally and mentally mature. Things did not work out between my ex and I, I will most certainly not hate him on that account. Further more not every one fights and calls each other all sorts of names when they split up.If you had the foresight to see that you had become parallel lines in the relationship and took time to see if this can be rectified and that was not possible then you part ways. It's when you both pretend ( or one of you does) that all is only to have one head on collision in the end , this is when bitterneee and anger fester. They exist because one of you was not honest and forthright. I have no hatred or anger towards my ex, I would not describe us as friends but when we do meet we are able laugh and joke and have rich conversations.

Kudos! thanks!
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Splinz(m): 7:49pm On May 04, 2017
Marisol911:

A breakup brings into question the genuinity of the love in the first place.

Marisol911:

What im confused about is when after falling madly in love with each other, quarrelling and then breaking up , both individuals actually become friends again and act like nothing ever happened.

There's no such thing like the bold. What happened was infatuation, which manifested in its due time.

Marisol911:

Is that feasible? I tend to question the love they had in the first place.

Well, that people were once blinded by infatuation leading to their own hurt, doesn't necessarily means that when they breakup, then they must be sworn enemies. And yes, the so-called love is exposed for what it is- infatuation! smiley
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 7:55pm On May 04, 2017
Splinz:

A breakup brings into question the genuinity of the love in the first place.

There's no such thing like the bold. What happened was infatuation, which manifested in its due time.

Well, that people were once blinded by infatuation leading to their own hurt, doesn't necessarily means that when they breakup, then they must be sworn enemies. And yes, the so-called love is exposed for what it is- infatuation! smiley

Yea, i agree with ur analysis , i agree it's most times infatuation but do you mean falling madly in love can never happen? or that people who actually fall genuinely in love cant break up?
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 04, 2017
There are wounds that can never heal. Especially if one party is the cheated one. He would forever feel bad.

Been in a situation like this, you give in your all to a relationship, the girl and her family just waste your time, and in the end, they marry her off to someone else, in the name of, she's a big girl,she knows what she wants. Those chilling words, the mother said to me... today was her traditional wedding, they didn't even tell me, a friend of hers who didn't like what she did told me and asked me to leave.. all will be fine.

The girl and her family still added me to their Facebook accounts, I wonder why.. I know with time, this wound will heal.

We can never be friends again, I even plan on opening a new Facebook account so I forget them on the first one.

3 Likes

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Splinz(m): 8:06pm On May 04, 2017
Marisol911:

Yea, i agree with ur analysis , i agree it's most times infatuation...

Cool. smiley

Marisol911:

but do you mean falling madly in love can never happen? or that people who actually fall genuinely in love cant break up?

Here, I agree with this Bible verses: “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil... Love never fails” (1 Corinthians 13:4-5, 8 ).

2 Likes

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 8:23pm On May 04, 2017
gimakon:
There are wounds that can never heal. Especially if one party is the cheated one. He would forever feel bad.

Been in a situation like this, you give in your all to a relationship, the girl and her family just waste your time, and in the end, they marry her off to someone else, in the name of, she's a big girl,she knows what she wants. Those chilling words, the mother said to me... today was her traditional wedding, they didn't even tell me, a friend of hers who didn't like what she did told me and asked me to leave.. all will be fine.

The girl and her family still added me to their Facebook accounts, I wonder why.. I know with time, this wound will heal.

We can never be friends again, I even plan on opening a new Facebook account so I forget them on the first one.

Wow.. i can tell you really loved her... all the same , move on bro! im sure theres someone better deserving of your love.. what will be will be...what isnt, wasn't meant to be

1 Like

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 8:25pm On May 04, 2017
Splinz:

Cool. smiley

Here, I agree with this Bible verses: “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil... Love never fails” (1 Corinthians 13:4-5, 8 ).

Smiles., he even has biblical backup
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Safiaa(f): 8:27pm On May 04, 2017
My ex is my best friend.
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 10:16pm On May 04, 2017
Safiaa:
My ex is my best friend.
Y'all most definitely still have feelings for each other
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Safiaa(f): 10:21pm On May 04, 2017
Lol nahhh
Look at him like my brother now.
Marisol911:

Y'all most definitely still have feelings for each other
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 04, 2017
Marisol911:
well I'll never agree for any girl of mine to still be friends with her ex... Nah, you either stay with me or I'll assume you're against me and walk away. You can't stand it when I'm friends with my ex trust me... Jealousy and insecurity issues will bring u down.

1 Like

Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 3:57pm On May 05, 2017
Safiaa:
Lol nahhh Look at him like my brother now.
hmm.! b deceiving yaself nw oo
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 3:57pm On May 05, 2017
Safiaa:
Lol nahhh Look at him like my brother now.
hmm.! b deceiving yaself there oo
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by brownlolly(m): 8:35am On May 06, 2017
Marisol911:

Well, I'm going thru the exact same situation now. I still wake up some mornings (like today) and chat her up. Truthfully I'm not over her but it's just like a love story that was never meant to be. Yet, I can't let go and we both understand that. With time things should play out well enough to define whatever relationship we will have
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 10:24am On May 06, 2017
brownlolly:

Well, I'm going thru the exact same situation now. I still wake up some mornings (like today) and chat her up. Truthfully I'm not over her but it's just like a love story that was never meant to be. Yet, I can't let go and we both understand that. With time things should play out well enough to define whatever relationship we will have
I guess the major factor here is TIME
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by akaahs(m): 10:36am On May 06, 2017
Having an ex as ur friend is like using a surger cane as a walking stick. Once u feel thirsty u 'll eventually chew it.
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Marisol911(f): 10:40am On May 06, 2017
akaahs:
Having an ex as ur friend is like using a surger cane as a walking stick. Once u feel thirsty u 'll eventually chew it.
Hehehe.. akaahs, you think?
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by brownlolly(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2017
Marisol911:

I guess the major factor here is TIME

I guess so
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by Ladyfranzy(f): 12:37pm On May 06, 2017
Yes but the feeling could still be there
Re: Can Ex Lovers Become Good Friends Again? by FreeSpirited: 12:41pm On May 06, 2017
Yea.....They can always come back to bang themselves.Its a natural thing

(1) (Reply)

Important Notification For All (Pictures) / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers / You Must Carry This Huge Stone If You Want A Second Wife In Pakistan (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.