Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Boko Haram: Nigeria Winning The Battle But Losing The War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Nigeria Winning The Battle But Losing The War? (378 Views)

I congratulate Amosun for losing the guber election of his political son -Fayose / How Buhari Won The Battle But Lost The War / Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Nigeria Winning The Battle But Losing The War? by Naijiant: 9:13pm On May 05, 2017
People make a community, and the need for healing is the unaddressed challenge of reconciliation, says psychologist Fatima Akilu . She favours a truth and reconciliation process as one way to help move a fractured society forward. “People keep telling me: ‘Nobody has allowed me to tell my story until now’.”

She has sunk her savings into opening the first dedicated child trauma centre in Nigeria, in Maiduguri, and provides counselling services in the community. But Akilu, who set up Nigeria’s deradicalisation programme when she was a director at ONSA, worries about the future.

“The fundamental reasons for joining Boko Haram are not being addressed: the lack of access to justice, marginalisation… [to name a few],” she says. “The ideology has been seeded.”

The authorities still seem unprepared. There is no comprehensive early warning system for people to report to; no certainty there will be a security response, or that whistle-blowers will be protected. Imams are not registered, and the northeast remains educationally stunted.

“We are not good at long-term planning,” says Akilu. “But this insurgency calls for long-term planning, and for us to hold our nerve.”
More: https://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/boko-haram-nigeria-winning-battle-losing-war/
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Winning The Battle But Losing The War? by hopara1(m): 9:21pm On May 05, 2017
funny but partially truth
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Winning The Battle But Losing The War? by Flexherbal(m): 9:23pm On May 05, 2017
“The fundamental reasons for joining Boko Haram are not being addressed: the lack of access to justice, marginalisation… [to name a few],” she says. “The ideology has been seeded.”
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Winning The Battle But Losing The War? by adedayo3193(m): 9:52pm On May 05, 2017
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! Office-cleaners / Imo State Workers Are Grossly Exploited - Ezeani / Remaining Chibok Girls Will Be Freed – Shittu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.