Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,288 members, 7,850,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

Imo State Workers Are Grossly Exploited - Ezeani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Workers Are Grossly Exploited - Ezeani (378 Views)

Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated / Oyo State Workers Get August Salary 2 Days Ahead Of Schedule / Only 135 Of 12,000 Borno State Workers Turnout To Welcome New Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Workers Are Grossly Exploited - Ezeani by obibc(m): 9:40pm On May 06, 2017
*Flays Okorocha’s administration

One time Member of the Federal House of Representatives, Hon ThankGod Ezeani, has frowned at the Imo State government's treatment of civil servants in the State, even as he dismissed Gov Rochas Okorocha’s administration as a total failure.

Hon. Ezeani made his feelings known while fielding questions from newsmen in Owerri the Imo State capital, Tuesday, on the condition of Imo State workers as the nation observed Workers Day last Monday.

Ezeani, who was the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) Senatorial candidate for Imo West Senatorial district in the 2015 general elections, said that he was perturbed and unhappy about the plight of workers in the State.

"How can I be impressed? He asked, when asked if he was impressive on the welfare of Imo workers. "I am not impressed with the State government's handling of workers welfare, because I am an employer of labour, I know what it is to engage a staff and what it means when at the end of the months they don't get their remuneration."

"I can't be impressed when Imo workers are paid 40% of their salary. It's unfortunate that Imo workers are grossly exploited. Even with the high rate of inflation, the minimum wage is still 18,000. I think the reason for governance should be to cater for the welfare of the citizens," he reasoned.

The economist and academician, however, advised Imo workers to be careful before electing who rules the State in future. He urged them to thoroughly assess the governorship candidates with special attention to their pedigree and antecedents. According to him, this would help avert a repeat of what he feels was a mistake in 2011, which enthroned the present Okorocha administration in the Eastern Heartland.

Commenting further, the PDP stalwart opined that the opposition party remains the one to beat in 2019. He posited that PDP is a party made up of experienced people with better ideologies. The former lawmaker stated that PDP, now the opposition party catered for the need and entitlements of workers when in power, unlike the ruling party, APC, which he said was an emergency party consisting of inexperienced politicians that are bereft of clear cut ideologies and the ability, as well as will power to perform creditably.

Hon. Ezeani however called on the Gov Rochas Okorocha led Imo State government to as a matter of necessity and responsibility start showing sensitivity to the plight of workers and pensioners, by paying them their salaries and pensions in full, and promptly too.
Re: Imo State Workers Are Grossly Exploited - Ezeani by obibc(m): 9:41pm On May 06, 2017
Pics

(1) (Reply)

Remaining Chibok Girls Will Be Freed – Shittu / Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu And His Supporters / BUHARI Will Not Address Nigerians On Democracy Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.