Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? (2561 Views)

Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by melzee: 11:00pm On May 05, 2017
Hi guys, I live in Edo state with my parents after graduation, I have searched for jobs for about two years before I secure a job, I get about hundred thousand (N100k) monthly as salary, I have worked for over a year and two months, and within that time frame that I have worked, I Cather for my immediate family, though my dad has his own building with tenants and have a little business fetching him something, mum have a business, I have only one of my younger sister in school and she's in her 300L, most of all, I am the eldest and on my early 30s

Furthermore, I need my own privacy, I have secretly finished buying all the stuff I need in a one bedroom apartment (I mean a room, parlor, kitchen and toilet), in other words, I am ready to park out,

Finally, here my fear lies, I want to tell my parent that am moving out, I hope am not making the wrong decision,? I need your advice if it's d right time after a year and some months in office, and my parents sound awful when I come up with a joke dat am moving out soon, they don't feel happy about it, they keep expecting me to remain in their house which am not comfortable with, I have to move on with my life, .....pls again, I am not perfect, did I make d wrong decision by moving out of my parents house for good? moreover, when do u think is right or wrong to start living on your own??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by skyoboy(m): 11:05pm On May 05, 2017
Age doesn't matter in this case but your ability to take d right decision at d right time. Parents always wish they can live with their children forever because of d love they have for them.
If you wish to make it big in Life, it is better you move on and always remember to get in touch with them to show them you miss & love them.

7 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:07pm On May 05, 2017
If you're beginning to feel the need to move out and you have the means to do so,don't hesitate to move. It's only Natural for your parents to feel sad but deep down they'll be happy because it shows their son is becoming a man. They'll only feel sad for a short time, they'll be fine.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Cladez(m): 11:11pm On May 05, 2017
Are you going to live with them forever?? my brother since you are old enough and can cater for yourself i'll advise you to move out cuz you have your life to live.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by squarelead(m): 11:38pm On May 05, 2017
Am just 25 and am still living with my parents after graduation. Am planning to move out and be alone latest one year from now Gods willing . I believe early 30s is old enough to stand alnoe

3 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by dingbang(m): 11:55pm On May 05, 2017
I wonder who still lives with their parents ate age 30

4 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Nobody: 1:45am On May 06, 2017
If you feel it's the right time for you to move, then do so.
The important thing is not to rent a house you can't afford.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Gluthatione: 3:48am On May 06, 2017
Pls kindly don't do anything hurriedly but you ought to have moved out , the Lord will guide u as u take that important decision in Jesus name. I moved out of my parent house when i was 21 years old.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Pavore9: 12:29pm On May 06, 2017
You are over 30 and should be in the frame of mind of starting your own family and that can not be done living with your parents. You are already earning a stable income, you need to be on your own.

For Kenyans, when a 19 year old is earning about N35K monthly na to pack out of parents house remain.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Acidosis(m): 1:58pm On May 06, 2017
Leave your parents house, and get married.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Dicedpineapple(f): 2:39pm On May 06, 2017
skyoboy:
Age doesn't matter in this case but your ability to take d right decision at d right time. Parents always wish they can live with their children forever because of d love they have for them.
If you wish to make it big in Life, it is better you move on and always remember to get in touch with them to show them you miss & love them.
i agree wit u

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by ireneidiva(f): 2:40pm On May 06, 2017
Acidosis:
Leave your parents house, and get married.
lol. You have brought marriage here now

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 06, 2017
dingbang:
I wonder who still lives with their parents ate age 30
guy in ds useless country, many still do and i dnt blame dem

3 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Bisjosh(f): 7:59am On May 07, 2017
Oga you are overdue. ...move out and stop succumbing to emotional blackmail tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Acidosis(m): 12:25pm On May 07, 2017
ireneidiva:
lol. You have brought marriage here now
Yes, he's not getting any younger
Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by yvesboss(m): 6:50pm On May 07, 2017
Well, in as much yu can cater for your self and pay your rent..any time is fine but you should endeavour to pay them visit at least once a while..mine too was like a night mare some years ago and i felt for them..but man gast live life right.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by MsFaith: 9:03pm On May 07, 2017
I am in ur shoes, man! It's just that I am a lady and people are telling me it's not adivceable for a lady to move out of her parents when still single. Except ofcourse, if her job is in another state.

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by baby124: 9:26pm On May 07, 2017
30 yr OLD MAN like you is living at home. Na wa oooo. SMH. Later you people will be insulting women that they don't want to struggle with you. Old man like you that cannot see when they are already giving you sign at home to park out. Abeg where that cow on bed pics. This OP deserve am.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 08, 2017
For a man, it should be the next step once you start working. Get your own place and move out.

For a woman, when you get married.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Nobody: 10:59am On May 08, 2017
baby124:
30 yr OLD MAN like you is living at home. Na wa oooo. SMH. Later you people will be insulting women that they don't want to struggle with you. Old man like you that cannot see when they are already giving you sign at home to park out. Abeg where that cow on bed pics. This OP deserve am.

LWKMDgringringrin

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by Trottle: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mr, I believe you are old enough to make independent decisions regarding your life. Why should you still ve deliberating on such at your age, when men even at 21 are already out of their parents house.

Whenever your parent become saddened ans ask you why you want to live, kindly ask them when they left their own parents house and why.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by skyoboy(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
Trottle:
Mr, I believe you are old enough to make independent decisions regarding your life. Why should you still ve deliberating on such at your age, when men even at 21 are already out of their parents house.

Whenever your parent become saddened ans ask you why you want to live, kindly ask them when they left their own parents house and why.

Thanks.
Wow! I Love this grin

3 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by mrphysics(m): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
Bros methinks it's time you leave. Leaving will help you take greater challenges and appreciate life the more.

When you are with them, you will be limited in thoughts. Please leave so that your sister can have a brother to visit.

Let your next thread on nairaland have the title "I have moved out"

4 Likes

Re: Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own? by lharstborn(m): 7:48am On Jun 24, 2017
Dude..if you don't move out into your own place how are you going to prove to your parents that you're old enough and nature to cater for yourself? Mind you,what I meant by "cater for yourself" is not referring to your financial ability rather I'm referring to your emotional, psychological and spiritual well-being.

You need to move out of your comfort zone so that you can discover who and what you really are. Trust me your parents are also looking ahead to you moving out but they won't broach the idea with you at first because as the saying goes.."a grown up is still viewed as a child in a parent's sight"

So, man up and take that step bro..and you'll d glad you did.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

He R@ped My Sister - What Can We Do? / Do You Think This Is The Right Thing To Do / Closed Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.