Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? (709 Views)

Is It Okay For Siblings Of Opposite Sex To Live Together Off Campus / Be Careful Of Opposite Sex Friendship. / How To Read Body Language Of Opposite Sex Correctly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by bamisepeters(m): 7:16am On May 06, 2017
Having an opposite sex as a best friend isn't an issue worth fighting over. This doesn't mean that they must have romantic affection towards each other if they know how to draw the lines.

The major reason some of such relationship ends in romantic affair is because the two lacks emotional control.

Many times, spouse of those two get bothered of the closeness between their man/woman and their opposite sex close friend due to what they probably have heard of the cause of some broken relationships which they will not want to experience.

When you cannot control your emotion you cannot and should not choose an opposite sex as a best friend.

At times, even those that are very strong emotionally fall victim let alone someone who is very weak.

If you must choose an opposite sex as a best friend, you must be able to draw the boundaries between that friendship so as not to make your spouse get jealous or be suspicious as a result of the fear of the unknown.

Having an opposite sex as best friend is not an issue, managing it is the issue which requires great caution as some circumstances can make you fall victim.

Source: http://bamisepeters..in/2017/05/do-you-have-best-friend-of-opposite-sex.html

Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by youngest85(m): 7:24am On May 06, 2017
Firebaby, ere kini aja nba ekun she?
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by olayinks007(m): 7:34am On May 06, 2017
youngest85:

Badt guy..

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by Joshrob(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2017
had one before thou she's married now..
i never asked out because she too like money and she use to tell me about other guys that do shower her with gift,the babe is very fair,pretty and hot
thou we had sex like 4 times in our 5 years of friendship,and it still the best sex i ever had.
We still keep in touch till now even as she's married but i avoid anything that will make us meet.
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by simplyhonest(m): 7:53am On May 06, 2017
I have...... and honestly, romance is not on the table. if as a human, we can't control our minds... then we are not much better than animals.
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by Laveda(f): 7:57am On May 06, 2017
grin

Lol. Yeah .... One I could tell just anything
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by Jaynom(m): 7:59am On May 06, 2017
simplyhonest:
I have...... and honestly, romance is not on the table. if as a human, we can't control our minds... then we are not much better than animals.
But we are animals sir! A man and a woman CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT be just friends for a long time, eventually one of them WILL fall for the other. Either both parties are *PRETENDING to be friends or one is.
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by gbegemaster(m): 8:01am On May 06, 2017
OP, in our village, we don't use to leave corn with chicken.

Thank you.
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by simplyhonest(m): 8:11am On May 06, 2017
Jaynom:

But we are animals sir! A man and a woman CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT be just friends for a long time, eventually one of them WILL fall for the other. Either both parties are *PRETENDING to be friends or one is.
well, this friendship has been going on for the last sixteen years and still, romance is not yet an item on the agenda... so, I guess maybe we are the exemption and not the rule
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by Jaynom(m): 9:31am On May 06, 2017
simplyhonest:

well, this friendship has been going on for the last sixteen years and still, romance is not yet an item on the agenda... so, I guess maybe we are the exemption and not the rule
My point is > if you're not tripping, she is. One of you is putting up an act or she has given up hope(since you've shown her no romantic interest) and your friendship is a sort of consolation. Or she's an undercover Lesbian
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by bamisepeters(m): 9:58am On May 06, 2017
youngest85:
bad dude lol.
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by Rukkydelta(f): 10:08am On May 06, 2017
Jaynom:

My point is > if you're not tripping, she is. One of you is putting up an act or she has given up hope(since you've shown her no romantic interest) and your friendship is a sort of consolation. Or she's an undercover Lesbian
Lol
Maybe they have start seeing each other as siblings so romance can't come in place
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by jworos(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2017
Bestie is what you use to console yourself when you're in the friendzone. tongue

Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by simplyhonest(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2017
Jaynom:

Lols... @ d lesbian issue, she got married last year
Re: Do You Have A Best Friend Of Opposite Sex? by simplyhonest(m): 10:26am On May 06, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Lol
Maybe they have start seeing each other as siblings so romance can't come in place
this is a closer estimate of what is happening

(1) (Reply)

Man Romantically Introduces His Girlfriend On Facebook With Mind Blowing Letter / I Used A Condom- Lecturer Rejects Nursing Student's Pregnancy / Photos: Pigeon Arrested In Kuwait After It Was Caught Smuggling 200 Ecstasy Pill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.