Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC (37961 Views)

Yahaya Bello In Bourdillon, Meets Tinubu (Photo) / Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) / Ekiti Election: Fayemi Meets Tinubu And Akande (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by 48noble(m): 7:49pm On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
On the contrary,Koro joined those against Jagaban from information at my disposal.

I expect Jagaban in APDA

observation continues...
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by ipobbigot7: 8:13pm On May 07, 2017
pdp is completely deflated only the shaft is infusing into apda.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by RosaConsidine: 8:18pm On May 07, 2017
No. Just no.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by roeb1987(m): 8:38pm On May 07, 2017
koro want to become an innocent man! You're a criminal before you join Almagamation of Political Criminals (APC), but an innocent after joining the party! mtccchew! Man U, how market?
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by Caseless: 9:48pm On May 07, 2017
SillyMods:
Nigeria's politics is not good for nation building.
There should be a law prohibiting this cross-carpeting at will.
of all people sef, na koro wan join apc. Too bad. There should be a law that when decamp, you must stay in that party for 8 years b4 contesting in an election.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by GoodGovernance: 9:53pm On May 07, 2017
banmee:

You obviously do not understand politics in America or anywhere else for that matter. Nice of you to pick apart the points you think you understand but don't. Yes, not all republicans believe in the right to bear arms and the reason for this is because not all republicans/democrats are hardcore republicans/democrats. I for instance am a moderate democrat which means i lean a lot to the left but not all the way. Same applies with republicans. And, Trump is not a politician. He was an outsider who tapped into the anger and disappointment the citizens of America were feeling towards the government and the establishment. The concept of "for every rule there is an exception" applies to trump in this case. Are you trying to tell me that the real politicians in America like Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, etc can one day decide to switch parties all of a sudden and people will still look at them the same way? Every political system in the world is built on the same concept except in Nigeria and you all wonder why you have problems. Ok. Make una continue.

''Trump is not a politician.'' Hmm I hear you.

Perhaps you had forgotten that Trump passed through Republican primaries.So what government and the establishment are you talking about.

If ideology is so sacrosanct,a non hardcore ideological politician like Trump could not have won the republican primaries,at the detriment of those you regard as hardcore.Or are you suggesting that liberals that voted for Trump,are more than hardcore ideological republicans,then that supports my stance that ideology is dynamic and not sacrosanct!

Otherwise if hardcore are more than liberal democrats and a non hardcore like Trump could win the primaries,then what does that suggest?Ideology to the dustbin isn't?

The way you see Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, is the same way I see GEJ,Alex Ekweme,Tinubu,Buhari,Lai Mohammed,Fashola,Aregbesola,Oshiomole,etc,as politicians that would hardly cross carpet.

However in politics anything can happen,who says Paul Ryan or GEJ ,cannot cross carpet?

I do not think you understand politics,even american,more than me.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by banmee(m): 10:31pm On May 07, 2017
GoodGovernance:

Perhaps you had forgotten that Trump passed through Republican primaries.So what government and the establishment are you talking about.

If ideology is so sacrosanct,a non hardcore ideological politician like Trump could not have won the republican primaries,at the detriment of those you regard as hardcore.Or are you suggesting that liberals that voted for Trump,are more than hardcore ideological republicans,then that supports my stance that ideology is dynamic and not sacrosanct!

Otherwise if hardcore are more than liberal democrats and a non hardcore like Trump could win the primaries,then what does that suggest?Ideology to the dustbin isn't?

The way you see Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, is the same way I see GEJ,Alex Ekweme,Tinubu,Buhari,Lai Mohammed,Fashola,Aregbesola,Oshiomole,etc,as politicians that would hardly cross carpet.

However in politics anything can happen,who says Paul Ryan or GEJ ,cannot cross carpet?

Do you know what i hate more than anything, people who do not live, have lived or understand a system will somehow claim to understand the system. Google cannot give you all answers you know. You have to live it to understand it. Obviously you did not understand nor read my response to your initial comment. Trump capitalized on the anger of the populace with government and establishment. This is widely known in America. And for you to ask who or what is the establishment points to the fact that you have no knowledge of American politics. Plus, i don't know where you are getting your facts from but liberals never voted for trump in the primaries; conservatives did. Democrats cannot vote in a republican primary. Smh. Also, He never won the election per se. He won the electoral votes and lost the popular votes so claiming that liberals voted for him in the general elections is false. Guy, stick with what you know. Oya, start googling. cool
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by GoodGovernance: 11:20pm On May 07, 2017
banmee:

Do you know what i hate more than anything, people who do not live, have lived or understand a system will somehow claim to understand the system. Google cannot give you all answers you know. You have to live it to understand it. Obviously you did not understand nor read my response to your initial comment. Trump capitalized on the anger of the populace with government and establishment. This is widely known in America. And for you to ask who or what is the establishment points to the fact that you have no knowledge of American politics. Plus, i don't know where you are getting your facts from but liberals never voted for trump in the primaries; conservatives did. Democrats cannot vote in a republican primary. Smh. Also, He never won the election per se. He won the electoral votes and lost the popular votes so claiming that liberals voted for him in the general elections is false. Guy, stick with what you know. Oya, start googling. cool

I did not ask for what is establishment,I thought my English was simple enough.I was implying that the issue of government and establishment does not apply to Republican primaries.

Being a moderate democrat is in my own use of English,the same as being a liberal democrat.I was writing about liberal(moderate) republicans please.Nothing in my comments suggested any democratic votes.

So where did I state that democrats voted in a republican primary?Perhaps you need to read my comments again:

You have put credence to my stance that ideology is dynamic and not sacrosanct,by stating that conservatives ,with all their ideology,voted for Trump,a non politician,former democrat.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by solopumpy: 11:33pm On May 07, 2017
I knew from the beginning that this bastard called Obainikoro is a betrayal, i know for sure you will never go free and if ur children will also taste from ur punishment, One day u or ur son will be use to cleanse ur sin..Bastard Obanikoro
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by banmee(m): 12:22am On May 08, 2017
GoodGovernance:

My first question to you is where do you live? Have you ever lived in the U.S for more than a year? How would you know the temperament of a society unless you have lived there. I already told you that Trump tapped into the mood of the republican grievances which is why he won. Unless you live in the U.S, you will never understand this. People were fed up of politicians which is why Trump and Bernie Sanders dominated both parties. They wanted an outsider. And like i said; unless you live in the U.S, you are just using google to butress your own opinions. Also, Paul Ryan cannot just decide that he want's to be a democrat today. It is political suicide. You are used to the rubbish way Nigerian politics is so you would not understand. Unlike Nigeria, American and most normal countries, vote based mostly on ideals and not the individual while in Nigeria it is other way around. Think about it, how has your system been working for you after half a century?
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by Annie939(f): 12:56am On May 08, 2017
I don't blame him. carpet cross and have your peace
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by biggie73(m): 3:35am On May 08, 2017
There will never be such law. We are all at liberty to choose.,good or bad..
SillyMods:
Nigeria's politics is not good for nation building.
There should be a law prohibiting this cross-carpeting at will.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by Akpoxy(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2017
When will this our policians be sincere with what they want. Just like some one leaving house for another mean while he decides to sleep in the frontage....
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by GoodGovernance: 8:33am On May 08, 2017
banmee:

My first question to you is where do you live? Have you ever lived in the U.S for more than a year? How would you know the temperament of a society unless you have lived there. I already told you that Trump tapped into the mood of the republican grievances which is why he won. Unless you live in the U.S, you will never understand this. People were fed up of politicians which is why Trump and Bernie Sanders dominated both parties. They wanted an outsider. And like i said; unless you live in the U.S, you are just using google to butress your own opinions. Also, Paul Ryan cannot just decide that he want's to be a democrat today. It is political suicide. You are used to the rubbish way Nigerian politics is so you would not understand. Unlike Nigeria, American and most normal countries, vote based mostly on ideals and not the individual while in Nigeria it is other way around. Think about it, how has your system being working for you after half a century?

You keep on contradicting yourself and giving credence to my stance.Here yourself:

''People were fed up of politicians which is why Trump and Bernie Sanders dominated both parties. They wanted an outsider''

This gives credence to my fact that ideology was not the main factor in voting for Trump,a non hardcore republican,a former democrat!

In essence ,ideology was not sacrosanct.

If Paul Ryan or GEJ or PMB,commit ''political suicide'' by cross carpeting,will they be the first to do so? But of course that would be big news and issue for me,because I consider them as hardcore.

I beg, enough of all these ideology craps.Non-hardcore or moderates,will continue to defect,whether in USA or Nigeria.

My worry remains the quality and pedigree of defections and defectors.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by banmee(m): 10:33am On May 08, 2017
GoodGovernance:

You keep on contradicting yourself and giving credence to my stance.Here yourself:

''People were fed up of politicians which is why Trump and Bernie Sanders dominated both parties. They wanted an outsider''

This gives credence to my fact that ideology was not the main factor in voting for Trump,a non hardcore republican,a former democrat!

In essence ,ideology was not sacrosanct.

If Paul Ryan or GEJ or PMB,commit ''political suicide'' by cross carpeting,will they be the first to do so? But of course that would be big news and issue for me,because I consider them as hardcore.

I beg, enough of all these ideology craps.Non-hardcore or moderates,will continue to defect,whether in USA or Nigeria.

My worry remains the quality and pedigree of defections and defectors.

Apart from Trump give me some names of people who have defected to other parties and survived it. If to you it is a normal thing. If it was, you would hear of it on a normal basis like it does in Nigeria. I will bet my last dollar you can't. You seem not to understand that you don't live here and you can never understand the climate. Don't judge our system with the rubbish politics you are used to. It does not work in normal countries. The fact that you can change your ideology at will shows you as a politician do not hold any convictions in the first place and your motives should be questioned.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by kjhova(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2017
IAMDUTCHBRAH:

Give PDP or APC 50 years their vision will never come to fruition. They are only in power to loot and share resources.

Yet to figure how KOWA or any other "by the side" party is saintly than thou in this country.
Re: Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 08, 2017
kjhova:

Yet to figure how KOWA or any other "by the side" party is saintly than thou in this country.
Better than the current thieves in APC and PDP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ballot Boxes Destroyed As Armed Thugs Storm Polling Unit In Lagos. Photos / Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) / Wike Lobbying To Join APC, Since Atiku Isn’t Allowing Him To Take Over PDP - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.