Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Is It Like To Have An Arranged Marriage? My Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It Like To Have An Arranged Marriage? My Story (767 Views)

“no Sex Till After Marriage, My Body Is Temple Of The Holy Spirit — Slay Queen / I Wish I Had An Arranged Marriage / Arranged Marriage For My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is It Like To Have An Arranged Marriage? My Story by nusto: 7:50pm On May 07, 2017
In 2014, I was a very happy person. Out of university, high performer, my research efforts led to the set up several industry standards for huge corporations, during my education. I was in my thirties. obviously pretty late for Indian wedding scenario. I had to relocate to India for my “so-called” high profile job.

It was an arranged marriage in 2015, I had two break ups in the past. All was fine until the honeymoon period. Almost within a week my wife would block communications with me. Any discussion would end up in she taking a massive offence. I thought it was normal, but soon cracks started to appear.

She doesnt have a father, so I took it up as a responsibility to spend most of my savings into the wedding. My parents also were supportive of this and spent a fair share into it. They asked my wife not to spend her savings on the wedding. Instead, my mother gave away her gold to her.

My parents and I had made it clear to her and her mother that I would be moving to another country in a couple of months after the wedding. She had agreed to it, but after honeymoon it became a bone of contention. She would repent for hours, how big a deal it was for her to move with me to another country. I would spend a lot of time trying to explain to her that it means a lot of good things for her career and mine as well. I explained her, how she could support her mother. I explained her how she could save money to provide for her mother in the times of need, from the job at a foreign country. I told her, we need to start working towards common goals, which boils down to financial stability of our respective families.

In the following two months from that explanation, she started playing victim game. Would blame me for everything; She would complain to her mother and in turn, her mother would call me and try to counsel me. I explained her my predicament and asked my MIL to help me out in whatever way possible. My MIL called me my parents and complained about the situation and expressed her dissatisfaction. As a result I get reverse accused by my wife for involving parents into “our” affairs. Funnily, this feeling of “we” didnt make sense to her earlier.

Soon, my wife started accusing me of having an affair over social media with a bunch of women. As a result I started losing feelings for her, I felt extremely ashamed of myself. I was in a strange state of mind, to this day I donot know to whom to speak about this to.

Source: https://www.trendiee.com/relationship/like-arranged-marriage-story/

Will you consider an arranged marriage with your crush?
Re: What Is It Like To Have An Arranged Marriage? My Story by lalanice(f): 8:05pm On May 07, 2017
Better

(1) (Reply)

Independent Girls In Nigeria?? Tell Me Why I Should Believe In Love?? / This Incredible Wedding Invitation Card Will Make Your Day (photo) / Apart From Sex,what Should A Guy Ask For In Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.