Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

How Abia State Is Handling Road And Other Basic Infrastructure In The State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Abia State Is Handling Road And Other Basic Infrastructure In The State. (351 Views)

Bashir El-Rufai Condemns The Decay Of Infrastructure In Abia State / See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos / Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Abia State Is Handling Road And Other Basic Infrastructure In The State. by RolandAkachukwu(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2017
HOW ABIA STATE IS HANDLING ROAD AND OTHER BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE STATE.

In terms of roads infrastructure, if you ask me whether I have been able to cover grounds, I will leave it for the people to judge but I think we have not done badly. Going back to that, I will like to be remembered for the quality of jobs we do rather than the number. I am looking for roads that will outlive this administration and I am happy we have been able to establish that contract with the people. I will tell you something that happened a few days ago. There is a bad road called Port Harcourt road. It is federal road. I was touched because of the pains of the people in that area. I decided to go there. When I got there, I saw that it is really very bad. So, as we were moving, I overheard one poor old woman saying “if the governor has come to see us, then this road is as good as done.”

What it tells you, is that there seems to be an understanding by the common people that once I give attention to something; once I proclaim, somehow something will be done. As at that day, I couldn’t find the money. I don’t know where the money will come from but we had said we would do groundbreaking on that road to the glory of God soon. So, for the people to say “now that the governor has come that this road will be done”, I mean it puts it beyond me the consideration of whether it will be done or not.

-Governor Okezie Ikpeazu

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/07/okezie-ikpeazu-its-unfair-to-politicise-buharis-health/

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Gets Kudos Over ‘edo Clean-up’ Project / EFCC Re-arraigns Fani-kayode, Nenadi Usman / Whodunnit? Begging For Answers For Our Dear Beloved President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.