Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1249451 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 7:08am On Oct 10, 2017
zeemo2007:
Hello people,

To motivate others still waiting for their visa.

I got my Grant on the 2nd october and I applied for visa since June.

I am going to melbourne and school starts October 30.

Firstly it is God and destiny.

Importantly, I submitted all kind of evidences to proof GTE and i really took my write the sop.

Who is going to Melbourne this October, we can book flight and travel together.
Yes we can after I get ny visa grant. Congratulations to you. I am also resuming Oct 30.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Abbey1987: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2017
skydon:

Flinders
We are on flinders train together... Course please??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 8:47am On Oct 10, 2017
Teegal42:

Yes we can after I get ny visa grant. Congratulations to you. I am also resuming Oct 30.

I wish you the best. It will also happen for you.

Try to call them and notify them of your intake.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by skydon(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2017
Abbey1987:

We are on flinders train together... Course please??

Cool...Master of IT
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kelsy90: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2017
aragonbaba:

Please are you going for masters or Diploma?
Mine is masters
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrFuckallday: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2017
Teegal42:

That is around 500 or 600k in naira
Yes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bodyco: 11:42am On Oct 10, 2017
babajigga:

Yea dey accept 2.2 especially does one offering diploma programs ..it's to help dem step up their grades.Deakin university takes one week ...
Hi guys, I have a B.sc in Medical Laboratory Science here in Nigeria. Can I travel for any science Associate program in Australia (TAFE)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by IkeNdiImo(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
Good afternoon everyone, I already got an offer letter from Torrens University (Melbourne campus). Please anyone here that's already in Torrens I'd really need ur help.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Officialcomo: 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm new here. I just came across this page and I seek advice from the gurus because I have no idea how to go about this. To be honest, my main aim is to leave Nigeria and have a better life somewhere. I've tried Canada once and my application was denied. I don't want to try again. So I prefer to change my focus to Australia which I believe is a good option for me too. Here's my profile;

BEng Civil Engineering (water resources engineering option) Graduated in 2013
NYSC 2014
Currently work as a Project Manager in a private company from 2015- till date.

I applied for Master of Engineering (professional) at Deakin University and was offered admission. Looking at the tuition fees for the 2 years course, it's quite high but I have funds to cover the first semester. But since my main aim is to get a PR, find a good job and work there. I am bothered because I read somewhere that there's no guarantee that you will get the job that will help you to gain experience so that you can apply for PR. I don't know what I should do at this point because sometimes stress in Nigeria mentally breaks you down and you feel you're not doing well for yourself.

Help a brother out with the best advice on how to achieve my aim.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ucpaker13: 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
skydon:

You are not alone. It's quite disheartening and enervating. Mine is exactly 4 months. Don't give up, just be positive and get busy. It will surely come to fruition. Hopefully in Nov/Dec.
Did you get a revised coe?

Yes bro, I recently go it and just like you said, I will be positive about it, I pray its works soonest.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ucpaker13: 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
Solitin40:

Hahaha don’t fight your Agent not his/her fault yesterday my Agent told me something she said she applied for visa for two applicants same day the result of one of them came 6weeks and few days and the other person is still waiting for his grant she said the funniest thing is that the application of the applicant with grant is not straight forward like the other person

My advice is take your mind off it and pray your application is successful

Thanks bro.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shaffy19: 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
morning able gurus in da house please i need some clarification concerning this tafe program. already had Hnd in public Administartion 3.56gp. please which course can i go for that can last for two years and if possible any university that waive ielts because i dont have and am in dubai presently i dont have that time.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
Officialcomo:
Hi guys,

I'm new here. I just came across this page and I seek advice from the gurus because I have no idea how to go about this. To be honest, my main aim is to leave Nigeria and have a better life somewhere. I've tried Canada once and my application was denied. I don't want to try again. So I prefer to change my focus to Australia which I believe is a good option for me too. Here's my profile;

BEng Civil Engineering (water resources engineering option) Graduated in 2013
NYSC 2014
Currently work as a Project Manager in a private company from 2015- till date.

I applied for Master of Engineering (professional) at Deakin University and was offered admission. Looking at the tuition fees for the 2 years course, it's quite high but I have funds to cover the first semester. But since my main aim is to get a PR, find a good job and work there. I am bothered because I read somewhere that there's no guarantee that you will get the job that will help you to gain experience so that you can apply for PR. I don't know what I should do at this point because sometimes stress in Nigeria mentally breaks you down and you feel you're not doing well for yourself.

Help a brother out with the best advice on how to achieve my aim.
you may wish to start your PR now because you are qualify already since ur aim is the PR. Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
bodyco:

Hi guys, I have a B.sc in Medical Laboratory Science here in Nigeria. Can I travel for any science Associate program in Australia (TAFE)
you may wish to check the pr thread for australia. It seems you are qualify.

There is really no need for TAFE program. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Officialcomo: 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mcdion:
you may wish to start your PR now because you are qualify already since ur aim is the PR. Cheers

Thanks for your warm response.
Please how do I go about this?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
Officialcomo:

Thanks for your warm response.
Please how do I go about this?
there is a thread for it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident. Start from the 0 page. And thereafter ask any question.

There are so many engineers there who have sailed through and are still given back.cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
skydon:

Flinders
Okay bro, all d best man

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaffy19:
morning able gurus in da house please i need some clarification concerning this tafe program. already had Hnd in public Administartion 3.56gp. please which course can i go for that can last for two years and if possible any university that waive ielts because i dont have and am in dubai presently i dont have that time.
I don't think you can get admission into msc directly, your best bet is pdg or start afresh from bsc
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shaffy19: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
foreverkind1:

I don't think you can get admission into msc directly, your best bet is pdg or start afresh from bsc
thanks bro really appreciate did you have any clue about their pdg or if am to start afresh can any university offer direct entry
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaffy19:

thanks bro really appreciate did you have any clue about their pdg or if am to start afresh can any university offer direct entry
Am not sure with d direct entry, with hnd , but it should be possible since you are transferring credit. You could start from bsc ( its your choice)

If it's bsc just apply for nursing or social works. They are good courses in Aussie
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shaffy19: 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
foreverkind1:

Am not sure with d direct entry, with hnd , but it should be possible since you are transferring credit. You could start from bsc ( its your choice)

If it's bsc just apply for nursing or social works. They are good courses in Aussie
i think you right about this two course, same thing someone like a brother staying in Australia told me. if i want to apply fro bsc and university that waive ielts and also bro cheap one
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by oknee: 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
bodyco:

Hey, i am a med lab scientist and i came to aussie through pr. So my advice is to chase pr and forget tafe, i did it and so can you.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaffy19:
If school waive it for you just know that it’s part of the required documents for Visa application unless the university is Assessment Level 1
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaffy19:

i think you right about this two course, same thing someone like a brother staying in Australia told me. if i want to apply fro bsc and university that waive ielts and also bro cheap one
For you to have more chances with admissions I will advise you write IELTS not difficult at all so far you can read,write and you understand English you are good to go

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shaffy19: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=Solitin40 post=61289202]
For you to have more chances with admissions I will advise you write IELTS not difficult at all so far you can read,write and you understand English you are good to go [/quot
bro thanks i really appreciate but please what the difference between Al1 from others
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=shaffy19 post=61291188][/quote]
List of Australian Universities got AL1 status under SSVF (Updated on 3rd April 2017)

Following is the list of Universities got AL1 status under SSVF. Al1 is is risk rating and indicator of managing immigration risk rating.

Australian National University
Bond University
Carnegie Mellon University
Deakin University
Macquarie University
Monash University
Queensland University of Technology
The University of Adelaide
The University of Melbourne
The University of New England
The University of New South Wales
The University of Notre Dame Australia
The University of Queensland
The University of Sydney
The University of Western Australia
Torrens University Australia Limited
University of South Australia
University of Technology Sydney
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology

How SSVF Assessment level will effect student visas Requirement:

Visit http://www.border.gov.au/Educationproviders/Pages/education-providers.aspx for more information on SSVF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Risk Rating as on 3rd April 2017 under SSVF (Simplified student visa framework, Australia)

AL1

Australian National University
Bond University
Deakin University
Macquarie University
Monash University
Queensland University of Technology
RMIT University
The University of Adelaide
The University of Melbourne
The University of Notre Dame Australia
The University of Queensland
The University of Sydney
The University of Western Australia
University of New England
University of Tasmania
University of Technology, Sydney
UNSW Australia

AL2

Australian Catholic University
Central Queensland University
Charles Darwin University
Charles Sturt University
Curtin University
Edith Cowan University
Flinders University
Griffith University
James Cook University
La Trobe University
Murdoch University
Southern Cross University
Swinburne University of Technology
TORRENS UNIVERSITY
University of Newcastle
University of South Australia (Unisa)
University of Southern Queensland
University of the Sunshine Coast
University of Wollongong
Victoria University
Western Sydney University

AL3

Federation University Australia
University of Canberra
Link: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
foreverkind1:

What's up dear, nothing from d embassy yet?
No. I am hoping to get something soon.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
zeemo2007:

I wish you the best. It will also happen for you.

Try to call them and notify them of your intake.
My agent said contacting them makes someone look desperate. Do u really think I should contact them?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
Teegal42:

U can get an affidavit on how u r related n ask ur agent before uploading it with the bank statement.

Thanks alot
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
Teegal42:

No. I am hoping to get something soon.
Okay dear, it's well, all d best

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.