Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1248589 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 6:54am On Oct 11, 2017
Teegal42:

My agent said contacting them makes someone look desperate. Do u really think I should contact them?

If it has passed the processing timeline and the school is resuming soon. You should contact them.

Unless you applied recently.

Most people that got visa recently applied as far back as June and others for Feb also applied as far back June too
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 6:59am On Oct 11, 2017
fowlyansh181:
please can we talk privately? Can I get a link to your agent ? Seems genuine, I have met with a lot of agents that I don't even trust anyone anymore . .. they come with enticing offers but from the very start I already smell the lies

I don't really see any enticing offers except you get admission and hopefully you also get visa.

You might not necessarily need an agent, the process is straightforward and if you can take time to read this thread from beginning you will gain a lot.

Most people that used agent are always mandated by the school to use one.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by IkeNdiImo(m): 8:00am On Oct 11, 2017
Good morning people.... Pls What's ur take on using affidavit to state the relationship between your sponsor an you... May agent kinda warned me against and i think that's my last option for now. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2017
IkeNdiImo:
Good morning people.... Pls What's ur take on using affidavit to state the relationship between your sponsor an you... May agent kinda warned me against and i think that's my last option for now. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
if your agent warned you against this, he/she should have given you an alternative. Most of these guys end up doing all you can do by yourself and you end up providing all they need. Ask your agent this simple question.. "what is the alternative"? If no reasonable response... Mate run your affidavit. Nor be today dem de use am. In support of your affidavit, your sponsor may wanna write a letter to state why he/she is sponsoring you if the aforementioned isn't your parent.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 9:32am On Oct 11, 2017
IkeNdiImo:
Good morning people.... Pls What's ur take on using affidavit top state the relationship between your sponsor an you... May agent kinda warned me against and i think that's my last option for now. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

The agent is right. If the sponsor is your uncle or aunt or brother or sister, you should have evidence of the relationship

It is not good enough providing just affidavit and sponsor letter as evidence. You need to show futher documents like marriage certificates and birth certificates etc which are verifiable.

Without further evidence it will be too obvious that it was staged and you reduce your Chance.

All the best
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shevydinho(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2017
Asoasoaso:

Apply for another university
yes I applied to unisa and I was told to provide bank statement and sponsorship letter with other documents
do Al2 unis now ask for these documents or is it a new development.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2017
shevydinho:

yes I applied to unisa and I was told to provide bank statement and sponsorship letter with other documents

All the schools request for bank statement and sponsor letter.

It is a major GTE requirement .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shevydinho(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2017
zeemo2007:

thanks for your valuable time so I plan on submitting the following documents:
CV,
my letter of employment,pay slips,
sponsorship letter from my maternal aunt
my mom and aunt marriage certificates,
an affidavit stating she's my aunt,
and her soa
will this fly?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2017
zeemo2007:

All schools bawo? Not all schools request for bank statement for admission na, but might be requested for visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2017
shevydinho:

thanks for your valuable time so I plan on submitting the following documents:
CV,
my letter of employment,pay slips,
sponsorship letter from my maternal aunt
my mom and aunt marriage certificates,
an affidavit stating she's my aunt,
and her soa
will this fly?

The relationship you need to prove, you should submit your mum certificate and your aunt birth certificate.

Generally the chance of getting visa grant is lower using aunt or uncle instead of the primary relative like your parents, siblings or spouse.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 11:45am On Oct 11, 2017
foreverkind1:

All schools bawo? Not all schools request for bank statement for admission na, but might be requested for visa.

Maybe you should list the schools so that people can know them.

The only I know then was RMIT and they have started requesting too.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 12:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
zeemo2007:

Maybe you should list the schools so that people can know them.

The only I know then was RMIT and they have started requesting too.
Bond university
University of western Australia
Macqaurie university
University of Newcastle
Ecu
University of Queensland
Etc

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
shevydinho:

Some universities ask for SOA now even AL1, I applied to RMIT and asked me for SOA and also a friend of me applied in the same RMIT they don't ask him for SOA, but try to get ur SOA ready incase, wish u the best and we are all get our visa grant very soon
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
foreverkind1:

Bond university
Macqaurie university
University of Newcastle
Ecu
University of Queensland
Etc

Okay then. That's good information to applicant.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aragonbaba(m): 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
foreverkind1:

Bond university
Macqaurie university
University of Newcastle
Ecu
University of Queensland
Etc
Newcastle requested i send my statement of account Last two weeks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
Tbaykaled:

I have good documents ....soo I should scale tru God grace

Bros, nor be by document oh, those dibp guys dey on serious drugs. How can someone see a degree of Doctor of Medicine, thats an M.D degree not nigerian MBBS and still be saying that it seems the degree is a diploma and doesnt see how one can apply for masters with it. If na documents half of the people here go don dey OZ by now bro. All na advice, no force oh, as you like last last
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
kelsy90:
Hi
For those we differed from July to Feb intake as anyone received his/her visa. We been patient enough.If you have received a response please let us know.

DIBP called last week for revised COE and other supporting documents. I am guessing they are getting around to attending to those who have been on ground since June/July now. #fingerscrossed

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fowlyansh181(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
zeemo2007:

I don't really see any enticing offers except you get admission and hopefully you also get visa.

You might not necessarily need an agent, the process is straightforward and if you can take time to read this thread from beginning you will gain a lot.

Most people that used agent are always mandated by the school to use one.
i will try my best to do just that . Most times I get skeptical reading a thread from day one of its birth because I can see the date go far back to 2016 to 2015 hence I randomly think the process certainly must have changed from the way it works now .. but my question actually is if you can guide , I will still read back from the thread . I am a graduate from a Nigerian university, but sadly with a 3rd class. I want to move from Nigeria to the werstern world for greener pastures, naija Mayer tire everyone . Thing is I don't know which visa to go for yet and a country that can be okay for me , I have my eyes on European countries, CanadA New Zealand or Australia . I am 24 going on 25 next year . Mom is willing to sponsor me with a budget of 3 to 4 million . Which visa do I go for and what's my best option?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
fowlyansh181:
i will try my best to do just that . Most times I get skeptical reading a thread from day one of its birth because I can see the date go far back to 2016 to 2015 hence I randomly think the process certainly must have changed from the way it works now .. but my question actually is if you can guide , I will still read back from the thread . I am a graduate from a Nigerian university, but sadly with a 3rd class. I want to move from Nigeria to the werstern world for greener pastures, naija Mayer tire everyone . Thing is I don't know which visa to go for yet and a country that can be okay for me , I have my eyes on European countries, CanadA New Zealand or Australia . I am 24 going on 25 next year . Mom is willing to sponsor me with a budget of 3 to 4 million . Which visa do I go for and what's my best option?

There are European countries that will match that budget of 3 to 4m.

The bottleneck is your 3rd class n
because they have low tuition and some are free, hence the high competition for admission.

Check study thread on Germany and other schengen countries. The countries are not bad if you have the right status.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fowlyansh181(m): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
zeemo2007:

There are European countries that will match that budget of 3 to 4m.

The bottleneck is your 3rd class n
because they have low tuition and some are free, hence the high competition for admission.

Check study thread on Germany and other schengen countries. The countries are not bad if you have the right status.

thank you so much for this, it helps narrow the search . Please what do you mean by if I have the right status ? Also , is Australia and or Canada out of the equation? Is studies the only available visa one can immigrate with ? Sorry for my little / much questions .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4peace4: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by matogbe: 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
4peace4:
Goodday friends in d house pls am new here n literally dnt no anything pls can someone pls help me with the link of part 1 and 2 thread so i can go through all of it.Godbless thanks!!

Part 1‎
https://www.nairaland.com/1032530/general-australian-visa-enquiries

Part 2 

https://www.nairaland.com/2338380/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
fowlyansh181:
thank you so much for this, it helps narrow the search . Please what do you mean by if I have the right status ? Also , is Australia and or Canada out of the equation? Is studies the only available visa one can immigrate with ? Sorry for my little / much questions .

Tuition fee in Australia is high. Channel your energy to the countries recommended and maybe after two years of master you can apply for PhD scholarship to Australia or Canada.

Make sure you do better this time.

Right status is you are not illegal immigrant.

We are only discussing study here. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kelsy90: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
phemmy28:

DIBP called last week for revised COE and other supporting documents. I am guessing they are getting around to attending to those who have been on ground since June/July now. #fingerscrossed
Crossing fingers mine was 30th May
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kelsy90: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
phemmy28:

When did you apply yours
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yeyen004: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
phemmy28:

Bros, nor be by document oh, those dibp guys dey on serious drugs. How can someone see a degree of Doctor of Medicine, thats an M.D degree not nigerian MBBS and still be saying that it seems the degree is a diploma and doesnt see how one can apply for masters with it. If na documents half of the people here go don dey OZ by now bro. All na advice, no force oh, as you like last last

Good one. Have you gotten your updated CoE from Macquarie?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good day e'family, any RMIT student in the house
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fowlyansh181(m): 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
zeemo2007:

Tuition fee in Australia is high. Channel your energy to the countries recommended and maybe after two years of master you can apply for PhD scholarship to Australia or Canada.

Make sure you do better this time.

Right status is you are not illegal immigrant.

We are only discussing study here. Thanks.
thanks a lot, I do appreciate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4peace4: 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wendy97: 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good evening house,

I would like to share my testimony,
I applied for my student visa on the 8th of August.
I didnt submit an account statement with my application because of the university i chose (Deakin University).
I called the embassy yesterday and i was told that they were busy with july intake so my application was not yet treated.
I told my agent yesterday to defy my admission because i felt they wouldnt meet up. But she advised that i should be patient
I just got a mail this evening that my visa was granted.

9 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Wow, congratulations.
Wendy97:
Good evening house,

I would like to share my testimony,
I applied for my student visa on the 8th of August.
I didnt submit an account statement with my application because of the university i chose (Deakin University).
I called the embassy yesterday and i was told that they were busy with july intake so my application was not yet treated.
I told my agent yesterday to defy my admission because i felt they wouldnt meet up. But she advised that i should be patient
I just got a mail this evening that my visa was granted.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.