Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250725 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 6:46am On May 23, 2017
Please which banks form A pays faster
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hardinno: 7:10am On May 23, 2017
babajigga:
Please which banks form A pays faster
Try stanbic ibtc.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 7:10am On May 23, 2017
Stanleyelege:
Hello guys.
I arrived Australia 1 month ago and til today no job. Pls my advice to those coming in is to make it a must that u know how to drive .
Every job here requires certification. Even if it's to pack shit.
Again, Pls any guy who wishes to get a sustaining job must be physically fit. When I say fit, I don't mean boxing or fighting skill with Lagos conductor . U must be ready to stand and work at least 8hours.

White people are very strong. I mean they work out alot
I got a job and I was to offload containers. I did it for 3days and I ran. This was because I wasn't used to hard labour back home.

One good thing about this place is that once u ve finished ur certifications u start getting jobs.
.under 1month I have done up-to 5 certifications to increase my chances.

Pls whosoever is coming here should have at least 2000aud. Because e no easy o at first o. E no easy o. I repeat e no easy.

Bro, please which city are u in??

Is it that before you left naija, u didn't know how to drive??

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 7:15am On May 23, 2017
Hardinno:

Try stanbic ibtc.

Does it pay faster
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ogolikpo1(f): 8:14am On May 23, 2017
Stanleyelege:
Hello guys.
I arrived Australia 1 month ago and til today no job. Pls my advice to those coming in is to make it a must that u know how to drive .
Again, Pls any guy who wishes to get a sustaining job must be physically fit. When I say fit, I don't mean boxing or fighting skill with Lagos conductor . U must be ready to stand and work at least 8hours.

I got a job and I was to offload containers. I did it for 3days and I ran. This was because I wasn't used to hard labour back home.

One good thing about this place is that once u ve finished ur certifications u start getting jobs.

Pls whosoever is coming here should have at least 2000aud. Because e no easy o at first o. E no easy o. I repeat e no easy.
bros u no tell us ur city naa and your course but anyway, thats a wonderful advice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 9:48am On May 23, 2017
Stanleyelege:

1) I arrived Australia 1 month ago and till today no job.

2) Pls my advice to those coming in is to make it a must that u know how to drive.

3) One good thing about this place is that once u ve finished ur certifications u start getting jobs.
Under 1month I have done up-to 5 certifications to increase my chances.

I'm sure things will get better for you soon bro.

1) Pls what's ur location? (School, City).

2) What advantage(s) does knowing how to drive bring according to ur experience so far?

3)
a) The certifications U did were in which area/field?
b) How did U combine it with ur normal classes?
c) What's the duration of each and the cost?

I anticipate your response bro., God bless Ur hustling.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ropodinho3633(m): 9:55am On May 23, 2017
Pls house I need info about how to write ....
Introduction letter to the embassy, I'm a student in China thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yeyen004: 10:57am On May 23, 2017
Howoheye:

Thanks boss, I'll check the list as you suggested. I studied Microbiology at first degree. Do you have an idea of any course I can study that'll kind of "bridge" so I can proceed to doing MSc Nursing. I understand I can't do MSc Nursing direct with my Microbiology.

Once again, I appreciate you and look forward to more of your advice.

Hello, am also a graduate of Microbiology. Pls have u gotten any offer in any Australian school?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by juddytee: 10:57am On May 23, 2017
please how did u go about the tofel registration
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 11:09am On May 23, 2017
yeyen004:

Hello, am also a graduate of Microbiology. Pls have u gotten any offer in any Australian school?
Apply into nursing, Graduate entry.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 11:34am On May 23, 2017
Stanleyelege:
Hello guys.

At the bolden, most ppl think that right at the airport they will be begging them to come and work, this was my thought and some of other Nigerians we arrived almost same time last February, only few ppl will be fortunate to secure a job in the first month of arriving which will not be even regular, I know about 5ppl still looking for job up till now, was fortunate to secure a permanent job 3weeks ago since arriving and the job is very hard as you rightly said. Another factor is student visa will restrict you from getting certain jobs, my visa status restricted me from getting two juicy jobs.
The job that pays a little high for students is aged care/disability and will took you months to start working due to certification, training and own vehicle is at times required.
Regarding the figure you quoted above AUD2000, to be candid it's too small, half of it will go for accommodation (bond and a month rent for an average rent) and the other half won't last for a month for someone that just arrive.
In short Australia is a nice place but if you don't want to suffer prepare very well for your first 4 to 6 months my two cents.

8 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 12:54pm On May 23, 2017
bligs:

At the bolden, most ppl think that right at the airport they will be begging them to come and work, this was my thought and some of other Nigerians we arrived almost same time last February, only few ppl will be fortunate to secure a job in the first month of arriving which will not be even regular, I know about 5ppl still looking for job up till now, was fortunate to secure a permanent job 3weeks ago since arriving and the job is very hard as you rightly said. Another factor is student visa will restrict you from getting certain jobs, my visa status restricted me from getting two juicy jobs.
The job that pays a little high for students is aged care/disability and will took you months to start working due to certification, training and own vehicle is at times required.
Regarding the figure you quoted above AUD2000, to be candid it's too small, half of it will go for accommodation (bond and a month rent for an average rent) and the other half won't last for a month for someone that just arrive.
In short Australia is a nice place but if you don't want to suffer prepare very well for your first 4 to 6 months my two cents.

Thanks for this eye opener, but i would like to know, how long does it take to get the certification for the aged care/disability
Also, are there other certifications one can do to help one get job ontime so that one can plan for it alongside, cost of getting a car and so on. All these will really help those of us planning resume by July. thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tchimatic(m): 12:54pm On May 23, 2017
bligs:

Bros.....which city r u studying in?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 1:18pm On May 23, 2017
juddytee:
please how did u go about the tofel registration
I do Tofel registration send me a pm
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 1:25pm On May 23, 2017
cassareknow:

Thanks for this eye opener, but i would like to know, how long does it take to get the certification for the aged care/disability
Also, are there other certifications one can do to help one get job ontime so that one can plan for it alongside, cost of getting a car and so on. All these will really help those of us planning resume by July. thanks.

I can say something about this anyway. The age care certification is about 6weeks and cost about 650AUD. That's for Perth ooo. That's what I intend to do as well as I resume July. My fiancé work at the nursing home so many African mostly Nigerians work there as carer and earn minimum of $24 per hour. But car is important in all o. It will cost u $1500 to get Camry tiny light while up to $2500 to get big daddy Camry. Learn driving here in Naija and explore everywhere so there won't be problem for u to drive in Australia. Retain ur Naija license as u can use it to drive there. I hope this help.... God will answer us soon that are waiting for visa grants

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 1:41pm On May 23, 2017
Hardinno:

Try stanbic ibtc.
I am using first bank and it takes two days

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by claryk: 2:08pm On May 23, 2017
Pls I will like to know if someone can enrol for the age care certification regardless of any field of study

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 2:15pm On May 23, 2017
Fishlink:

I can say something about this anyway. The age care certification is about 6weeks and cost about 650AUD. That's for Perth ooo. That's what I intend to do as well as I resume July. My fiancé work at the nursing home so many African mostly Nigerians work there as carer and earn minimum of $24 per hour. But car is important in all o. It will cost u $1500 to get Camry tiny light while up to $2500 to get big daddy Camry. Learn driving here in Naija and explore everywhere so there won't be problem for u to drive in Australia. Retain ur Naija license as u can use it to drive there. I hope this help.... God will answer us soon that are waiting for visa grants

Nice one @fishlink, can anyone in Melbourne and other cities share more light about job accessibility for students. We can as well share our experiences on how we moved through the hurdles so we can all learn.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 2:16pm On May 23, 2017
cassareknow:

Depending on the agency you register with usually btw 2 to 3months, cost of getting a car varies depending on what you want but with AUD2500 to AUD3000 you should get a good car. Nearly every job need certification as the guy i quoted rightly said and the most annoying thing is that most do ask for Australian experience even if you wanna work in a carwash, be prepare to compete with Asians and Indians for the limited job available because na them full this place and they engage in all sorts of work even the least expected. Another lucrative industry here is the construction industry, very hard to enter just like our oil and gas industry, blacks in this sector are countable.
tchimatic:

Bros.....which city r u studying in?
Talking base on my experience in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Graceee: 3:54pm On May 23, 2017
please any one knows the required amount of deposit for masters accounting in bond university before e coe is issued??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 5:04pm On May 23, 2017
Please how much is visa fee in naira
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 7:25pm On May 23, 2017
yeyen004:

No bro., I'm even yet to apply. What course/school(s) do U have in mind?
Majority of those who've gone through the process here suggested Nursing (Graduate Entry).
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 7:29pm On May 23, 2017
Graceee:
please any one knows the required amount of deposit for masters accounting in bond university before e coe is issued??
I think your best bet is to contact the school to be sure of the exact fee + probably your OSHC.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iloveutd: 8:03pm On May 23, 2017
My advise for those been scared of how life is going to be when you get there ... the truth of the matter is no matter hiw difficult it is there , it can neva be worse than naija at the moment , exceot you have a good paying job in nigeria....its not easy in australia i agree ,but ask yourself is it easy in nigeria?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2017
iloveutd:
My advise for those been scared of how life is going to be when you get there ... the truth of the matter is no matter hiw difficult it is there , it can neva be worse than naija at the moment , exceot you have a good paying job in nigeria....its not easy in australia i agree ,but ask yourself is it easy in nigeria?
how much salary can be classified good paying job? wink

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HAdeIdris: 9:35pm On May 23, 2017
Good evening respected nairalanders.
I'm feeling your tiredless effort regarding the betterment of the life all NL users on this trend.
Am new on this trend, i am civil engineering graduate, and i wish to pursue master course in civil engineering and also hustle in Australia and how best i can work my way there.
Kindly, help me with list of cheap schools and good location for hustlers.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iloveutd: 10:17pm On May 23, 2017
tobe4real:
how much salary can be classified good paying job? wink

My brother if u ask me na who i go ask..:the matter when you de see so e heavy for mouth ...but have heard some people say if they have a 200k/month paying job, they dont see any reason travelling out..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yeyen004: 10:30pm On May 23, 2017
Howoheye:

No bro., I'm even yet to apply. What course/school(s) do U have in mind?
Majority of those who've gone through the process here suggested Nursing (Graduate Entry).

i have courses like mph, master of environmental health in mind and propably graduate entry into Bsc Nursing cos it's very very competitive. U can try schs lyk flinders university, deakin and macquarie.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kingbukaz: 12:05am On May 24, 2017
HAdeIdris:
I'm feeling your tiredless effort regarding the betterment of the life all NL users on this trend.
Am new on this trend, i am civil engineering graduate, and i wish to pursue master course in civil engineering and also hustle in Australia and how best i can work my way there.
Thanks in anticipation.
you do not need to go through school as you are qualified for Permanent Residence. You can go through that route as it is cheaper.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/283
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 12:29am On May 24, 2017
HAdeIdris:
Thanks in anticipation.
Use google donur research
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:19am On May 24, 2017
HAdeIdris:
Thanks in anticipation.
Nigga, there are no cheap schools in Australia. The word is affordable!. However, I recommend you sort the or route instead if you have some experience. Also, with regards to hustle, Bros, NA grace o. But I strongly recommend Sydney.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:28am On May 24, 2017
cassareknow:

If you ask me, I think aged care is a trap. I got the cert and I have never used it for once. Hope to someday, cos it is a back up plan. They require experience to give you job, another thing is student visa work limitations.
My recommendation, take a look at Chinese, Vietnamese and Indians, you find them almost In every sector here in WA. Africans, mostly Nigerians and Kenyans NA aged care, if you ask me.... That industry is crowded and what yh can't we be everywhere. ?
On arrival, I can recommend you get a white card, forklift ticket, working at elevated work platforms and some other relevant tickets, ... Not like these stuffs are golden job tickets, but you have more options with more recruitment agencies. Compared to aged care or disability.., but then the bulk of it de God hand and what you can handle, but aged care ba woman e fit well. Also, it depends on where you go. Also learn a skill before you comot naija o. Whether NA tiling, barbing or hairdressing or something else .... Sha no come here empty handed. NA mistake wey a lot of students make be that.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.