Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250738 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 3:40pm On May 24, 2017
claryk:

Submit The SOA they ask of You will get ur visa....thesame happen to me and have been granted my visa

Boss, which school did you apply into? Is it Al1

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ogolikpo1(f): 3:42pm On May 24, 2017
claryk:

Submit The SOA they ask of You will get ur visa....thesame happen to me and have been granted my visa

was it UNSW u applied
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 4:20pm On May 24, 2017
claryk:

Were you granted your within end of April and this may. If yes good. But if No it might not play out as you've said. Cos I can still remember someone on this thread also complaining about been told to submit a document and after his app has been on queue for them for long and psssibly till now without been finalized. I think that persons submission date was 16th of April and he got an iformation request 11 days after according to him if I'm not mistaken. Till now no answer from them. The person is active I think on this thread. Jegz or so
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 24, 2017
Ok
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vickglam: 4:46pm On May 24, 2017
SOA ke, abeg ooo, I didn't plan for that oo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 4:53pm On May 24, 2017
seyo99:
Please any one in the house who recently got RMIT offer ??

Still waiting, hopefully they wil get back to m this week
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 5:11pm On May 24, 2017
iloveutd:
UNSW IS REQUESTING FOR MY BANK STATEMENT WEEKS AFTER THEY HAVE ISSUED ME MY COE, is there anyone or did any one here experience such thing...and please how much bank statement?

Why they ar asking for SOA, am processing RMIT hope they will not going to ask m SOA
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2017
Ogolikpo1:

how were u able to defend using the account as the norwegian isnt ur relative

He is my relative.. maternal uncle so have to swear an affidavit at the court to clarify my relationship with him as my sponsor
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 7:18pm On May 24, 2017
Asoasoaso:

Why they ar asking for SOA, am processing RMIT hope they will not going to ask m SOA
Am thinking is the school @ Unsw.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ogolikpo1(f): 7:43pm On May 24, 2017
Fishlink:

He is my relative.. maternal uncle so have to swear an affidavit at the court to clarify my relationship with him as my sponsor

ok thats nice and u have gotten ur grant. because I have a maternal uncle now who is willing to give me a SOA.
so I shld go on with him?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yeyen004: 8:03pm On May 24, 2017
Haliru001:
yeah. Dt is true. Some universities in Australia accept a 4 year degree from jus some selected universities in Nigeria. You can apply to Macquarie Univ. They have that same course and would most likely give u admission, as far as ur result is good. They also give students from Africa, a discount of 2500aud per semester

Thanks for the info. Does macquarie university requires Bank statement before given admission?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 8:08pm On May 24, 2017
BADNEAT:
Nigerians wan finish UNSW, over 90% of students that get visa using UNSW change school on arrival,sacrificing part of the initial payment
Sir why?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 8:13pm On May 24, 2017
jackson2dye4:

Refund from who?? That's not an option at this stage.
Gurus, at some point last week my sponsor had about 9m in his account. Please what is the main requirement in assessing SOA? Closing balance? Or i need the 9m to be in for 3months
Not necessary 3 months if you can provide proof of the deposit it's clearly stated on the border website

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 8:16pm On May 24, 2017
yeyen004:

Thanks for the info. Does macquarie university requires Bank statement before given admission?
No, it's an Al1.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 24, 2017
UNSW is expensive ..and their policy on leaving is quite easy...you forgo 3000Aud of the initial deposit ,and move to way cheaper schools ..

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jackson2dye4: 9:03pm On May 24, 2017
Solitin40:

Not necessary 3 months if you can provide proof of the deposit it's clearly stated on the border website

Proof of deposit?? I don't think I follow, please elaborate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 9:28pm On May 24, 2017
Ogolikpo1:

ok thats nice and u have gotten ur grant. because I have a maternal uncle now who is willing to give me a SOA.
so I shld go on with him?

Yes you can go on with him! As for me I haven't received my grant yet cos I just lodge my application on 12 May... hopefully soon I will get it
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:31pm On May 24, 2017
jackson2dye4:

Proof of deposit?? I don't think I follow, please elaborate

Home

Menu

Student visa (subclass 500)

Features

This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.​

Requirements

​You must have:

applied for and been accepted to study in a registered full-time course at an educational institution in Australiaorganised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.

Apply Now

Global visa processing times

​Stream​75 per cent of applications processed​90 per cent of applications processedForeign Affairs or Defence Sector16 days23 daysPostgraduate Research Sector48 days73 daysNon-Award Sector8 days15 daysSchools Sector28 days50 daysIndependent ELICOS Sector41 days56 daysVocational Education and Training Sector36 days56 daysHigher Education Sector36 days50 days

Last updated 17 May 2017 (for month ending 30 April 2017)

For more information see Global visa and citizenship processing times

About this visa

This visa is for students who want to come to Australia to study at a registered education institution.

Expand all

What this visa lets you do

Before you apply

How long this visa lasts

Cost

Eligibility

Before you apply for this visa, you must have:

been accepted to study full-time in a registered course at an educational institution in Australiaorganised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.

Expand all

Enrolment

Packaged courses

Students under 18 years of age

Genuine temporary entrant

English language requirements

Acceptable English language test score

Financial capacity requirements

Documentary evidence of financial capacity

If you need to provide evidence of financial capacity, you will be able to demonstrate this by providing one of the following:

evidence of funds to cover travel to Australia and 12 months’ living, course and (for school aged dependants) schooling costs for the student and accompanying family membersevidence that you meet the annual income requirementan Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students (AASES) form (secondary exchange students only)a letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or Department of Defence.

Subsequent entrants – family members who apply after the primary applicant has been granted their visa must also provide documentary evidence of financial capacity. This must be one of the options above.

Twelve months' funds option

Evidence of funds can include money deposits, financial institution or government loans, scholarships or sponsorships. You can calculate the total amount of funds you will need by adding living costs, course fees, schooling costs and travel costs. Use the information below to calculate the total amount of funds you will need.

Living costs

From 1 July 2016, the 12 month living cost is:

student or guardian -  AUD 19,830partner or spouse - AUD 6,940child - AUD 2,970.

Course fees

Calculate the first 12 months of your course fees or include the total cost of your course if it is for a duration of 12 months or less. Deduct any prepaid costs and provide evidence of these payments (this should be on your Confirmation of Enrolment or provide receipts).

If you are in Australia and your course has already commenced, calculate the course fee payable for the 12 month period commencing from the date on which you lodge your application.

Example 1: if your course fee is AUD 50,000 for three years, determine the fee for one year (12 months) by dividing the total amount by the number of years. The amount will be AUD 16,666. Deduct any pre-paid amounts.

Example 2: if your course fee is AUD 15,000 for 10 months, and you have already paid AUD 5,000, deduct this prepaid amount from the total amount. The amount will be AUD 10,000.

Example 3: if your course fee is AUD 20,000 for 18 months, determine the fee for one year (12 months) by dividing the total amount by the number of months, then times by 12 (20,000 / 18 x 12). The amount will be $13,333. Deduct any pre-paid amounts.

Schooling costs

Where school aged children are included in your student visa application, schooling costs of at least AUD 8,000 per year for each child will need to be added to the amount of funds required. You are responsible for researching schooling costs, which vary between states, territories and schools in Australia.

You do not have to provide evidence of schooling costs if you are:

a PhD student and can show you have enrolled your child in an Australian government school where the fees have been waivedreceived an Australian Commonwealth Government scholarship, including Foreign Affairs and Defence sponsored students, and you can show you have enrolled your child in a government school where the fees have been waived.

Travel costs

If applying outside Australia, include AUD 2,000.

If applying in Australia, include AUD 1,000.

Annual income option

The annual income option requires a student to provide evidence of personal annual income of at least AUD 60,000. For students accompanied by family members, the requirement is at least AUD 70,000. The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not coming with you) or parents. Where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement. Evidence must be in the form of official government documents such as tax assessments. Evidence in the form of bank statements or information directly from an employer is not acceptable.

Genuine access to funds

You and your accompanying family members must be able to access the funds shown while you are in Australia.

When considering whether the funds will be genuinely available, we will take into account additional information and supporting evidence you provide, such as:

the nature of the relationship between you and the person who is providing the funds, where applicable your income, assets and employment or those of the person providing the funds evidence of financial support history source of funds for any lump sum deposits.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 9:34pm On May 24, 2017
BADNEAT:

UNSW is expensive...and their policy on leaving is quite easy...you forgo 3000Aud of the initial deposit ,and move to way cheaper schools.
I see! Thanks bro.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by claryk: 10:59pm On May 24, 2017
lakola:

Were you granted your within end of April and this may. If yes good. But if No it might not play out as you've said. Cos I can still remember someone on this thread also complaining about been told to submit a document and after his app has been on queue for them for long and psssibly till now without been finalized. I think that persons submission date was 16th of April and he got an iformation request 11 days after according to him if I'm not mistaken. Till now no answer from them. The person is active I think on this thread. Jegz or so
I applied 17th April and got granted yesterday 23rd May ....Macquarie university.... Bank statement was ask for by the visa officer.....have been denied twice by Canada DEC 12-2016,Feb 27-2017.....God is a merciful God .....am new here and read every page here from page 1 part 1 to this part 3

9 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 11:11pm On May 24, 2017
claryk:

I applied 17th April and got granted yesterday 23rd May ....Macquarie university.... Bank statement was ask for by the visa officer.....have been denied twice by Canada DEC 12-2016,Feb 27-2017.....God is a merciful God .....am new here and read every page here from page 1 part 1 to this part 3

How much did you pay as tuition deposit to macquarie and how much was in your statement of account? This one strong o
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kingbukaz: 11:15pm On May 24, 2017
Wheres oga Westafrica ooo, Lusen. Hope all is well with you guys!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 11:45pm On May 24, 2017
claryk:

God is really merciful. What day was the bank statement requested for? Also meaning we will hear good news from jegz since he applied almost same time with you

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PHUMEELAYO(f): 11:49pm On May 24, 2017
Thanks... Well true UQ is the cheapest of the three (AUD 30,189) but it's still expensive fa. Please I would appreciate if anyone can suggest a cheaper school offering MS nursing (graduate-entry). Most schools I researched offer the bachelor route.
foreverkind1:

University of Melbourne tuition fee is on d high side, very expensive. I think admission will be very competitive in that school, UQ is okay too

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jegz1: 12:03am On May 25, 2017
I tap intoyour grace oo, applied 15th April additional information requested 26th April yet to receive anything.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jegz1: 12:06am On May 25, 2017
I tap into your grace oo, applied 15th April, additional information requested 26th April, still yet to receive anything from them
claryk:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diego2015(m): 12:31am On May 25, 2017
claryk:

does it mean that AL1 schools now require bank statement?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 12:44am On May 25, 2017
diego2015:
does it mean that AL1 schools now require bank statement?

I think it might be at the discretion of the case officer, sad
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 3:04am On May 25, 2017
claryk:

Congrats man! Please share your timeline nd documents uploaded with the house.

How much was in ur SOA, who is your sponsor? What course...?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bblessed: 6:38am On May 25, 2017
claryk:

Congrats dear,i tap into your testimony.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 7:30am On May 25, 2017
PHUMEELAYO:
Thanks... Well true UQ is the cheapest of the three (AUD 30,189) but it's still expensive fa. Please I would appreciate if anyone can suggest a cheaper school offering MS nursing (graduate-entry). Most schools I researched offer the bachelor route.

Pls let me knw if u eventually get one. I think flinders fee is almost same as that of UQ too.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ogolikpo1(f): 7:38am On May 25, 2017
claryk:

pls what is your relationship with the owner of the statement of account u presented. did u had to add additional documents to support the statement of account

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.