Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1249567 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 12:50am On Apr 29, 2018
sollej:
good evening nairalanders. I'm new here. I am a nurse with 5 years experience. I've already applied to university of Newcastle to study MPH before I got to know of this forum. I've read a lot here concerning PR and SOL. The MPH is for a year. Can I apply for masters in nursing after my MPH for me to qualify for 2years post study visa. Also, what are the job opportunities that one can get in Newcastle. Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Just apply for PR from Nigeria and free yourself from school fees and other fees students pay
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideamaster(m): 7:33am On Apr 29, 2018
sollej:
good evening nairalanders. I'm new here. I am a nurse with 5 years experience. I've already applied to university of Newcastle to study MPH before I got to know of this forum. I've read a lot here concerning PR and SOL. The MPH is for a year. Can I apply for masters in nursing after my MPH for me to qualify for 2years post study visa. Also, what are the job opportunities that one can get in Newcastle. Thanks for your anticipated responses.

I would suggest you just apply for Master's of Nursing directly. There is really no need for the MPH.

Just confirm the Masters of Nursing from whatever Uni you choose would qualify you to register as a Nurse.

Masters of Nursing is 2 years so you can apply for your Post Study visa and have enough time to complete your RN process and wait for Nomination.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by oamronnie(f): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
Got visa for a family of 2 with the wife as main applicant on Thursday.
chigrad:
Is DIBP giving study permits for people who apply as family? Or is family application not flying at the moment?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by oamronnie(f): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
Some schools such as UNSW, RMIT and University of Queensland don't accept 4 year degrees except from a few Federal Nigerian universities.
nowpresence:

alright thanks for your input, I will check out the schools.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Femidrummer: 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
Can you share the documents you submitted . Congrats

fobak203:
Timeline for visa
Immi account creation: 3rd November 2017
Medicals: 23rd November 2017
IELTS: 25th November 2017
IELTS Result: 8th December 2017 (LRWS:6.0,7.0,6.5,7.0, overall 6.5) My mind skip when I saw my result on that day sha
CoE: 13th December 2017
Visa application submitted: 15th December 2017.
At this point, I believed I had taken the shortest cut to resuming on January 1st 2018. First, by doing medicals before application. At that point, I was still speaking English with Macquarie University that I have a University of Manchester Masters, dem just dey look me dey laugh. Looking above, I was only giving the CoE after submitting my english test. Also, miracle did not happen so by 20th January, I already knew I would have to defer. Let me continue my timeline, my story.
CO contact: 26th January (Late commencement date letter)
For a second, I did not understand what the case officer wanted from me, but I had to logicalize that since I am doing a Masters by research, DIBP believed I could resume anytime apart from January 1st. My brothers and sisters, hope rose by DIBP and dashed by Macquarie when they said I can only get late commencement for straight Ph.D. Dont forget I have a bundle offer of MRes+Ph.D and 1 year MRes scholarship only for now anyways. Instead, in place of late comemencement, I submitted updated CoE
updated CoE: 10th February 2018
No further contact until 8.18am today when I got news of my visa grant
Visa grant: 26th April 2018.
Resumption date: 1st July 2018
School: Macquarie University
Course: Materials Engineering under Mechanical Engineering Department

Note: I suceeded the waiting game by indulging and becoming engrossed in my office duties. That has proven to be a very good antidote for waiting for your visa. Oluwa has done it. It finally ended in praise.

Do not hesitate to ask me any questions!

God's hands is not too short to reach out to us to deliver your visa grant, it will be delivered in due time. To all visa hopefuls, it will come out soonest.

Cheers ALL

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foliat: 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
Please when is your start date? Could you share your timeline please. Congrats.

oamronnie:
Got visa for a family of 2 with the wife as main applicant on Thursday.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Femidrummer: 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
Hello House, I need some light here i beg , agent told me no need of Test of English when applying to an Al1 school and i have just gotten my Coe after paying the first semester fees and again said no need to submit SOA when applying to the embassy . How true is this i beg
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
Femidrummer:
Hello House, I need some light here i beg , agent told me no need of Test of English when applying to an Al1 school and i have just gotten my Coe after paying the first semester fees and again said no need to submit SOA when applying to the embassy . How true is this i beg
Don’t worry if the Embassy need it they will contact you but make sure you have it ready because of the time frame they will give you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Femidrummer: 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
Thanks but will the Embassy request for the Test of English since i got the Coe already ?
Solitin40:

Don’t worry if the Embassy need it they will contact you but make sure you have it ready because of the time frame they will give you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by apostlejuly(m): 12:47am On Apr 30, 2018
Thank you all...ur contributions av been helpful .
I applied for a diploma program in early childhood education and care @New are institute sidney.
While and waiting for my admission and trainee visa 407,
I want to know if securing a PR in Aussie is obtainable during my 2 1/2 years stay/schooling in Aussie?....and hw can i achieve this?...thanis
I anticipate ur reply
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jolanrewaju: 4:38am On Apr 30, 2018
Femidrummer:
which university?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foliat: 6:00am On Apr 30, 2018
Very True....but the Co might ask for soa if beed be. It is discretional

(quote author=Femidrummer post=67140908]Hello House, I need some light here i beg , agent told me no need of Test of English when applying to an Al1 school and i have just gotten my Coe after paying the first semester fees and again said no need to submit SOA when applying to the embassy . How true is this i beg [/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 11:10am On Apr 30, 2018
Femidrummer:
Thanks but will the Embassy request for the Test of English since i got the Coe already ?
If your COE states that you have satisfied the English requirements they might not ask. But if you have and it is a good result, include it. My COE stated that I have satisfied the English requirements for the course.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KellaKella(f): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2018
fobak203 Please don't forget to patronize your nairaland sister for your Australian airline ticket
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by oamronnie(f): 4:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
Start date is 23rd July. Application was lodged 8th December
foliat:
Please when is your start date? Could you share your timeline please. Congrats.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foliat: 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
Pls i sent you a pm kindly reply need to ask some question.

oamronnie:
Start date is 23rd July. Application was lodged 8th December
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by buzu84: 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hi Guys,

I really need help and advise now on my next step...

I have a BSC in computer science and have about 10 certified year in the IT domain.

I had early tried applying for the Aussie PR, but i had my points cut (especially for degree verification by ACS because i had my degree from a Nigerian Private university i was given an Advanced Diploma equivalent and also they cut my years of experience to just 2), which made my overall points depreciate. I was quite upset that i gave up. By the way profession opted for was IT Business Analyst.

I have recently rekindled my zeal to pursue this (by force we must relocate from this naija). Please what do you advise and what are my options. Do i opt for a masters in IT (if yes which schools do you advise, also how much should i budget for tuition and living costs especially if i'm to go with wifey and 2 kids, well generally what do you advise)

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Google63(m): 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hi guys, I've really learnt a lot here, and I've decided to apply to a school. However, I'll be going with my wife. I want to know how I can pove that I still have strong ties with Nigeria, in order not to have my visa rejected. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 6:22am On May 01, 2018
buzu84:
Hi Guys,

I had early tried applying for the Aussie PR, but i had my points cut (especially for degree verification by ACS because i had my degree from a Nigerian Private university i was given an Advanced Diploma equivalent and also they cut my years of experience to just 2), which made my overall points depreciate. I was quite upset that i gave up. By the way profession opted for was IT Business

I really do not know why your assessment by ACS was AQF Diploma, I went to a Private Uni too and got equivalent AQF Bachelors Degree with a major in computing.

The occupation you nominated and applied for assessment on, is it the same occupation you have 10 years experience in?

I’ll advise you to explore all your options for PR properly before you think of coming in as a student.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by CIADeepCover2: 7:26am On May 01, 2018
gunpoint:

Don't do it. Read up on this thread. Its not a PR course
Bro, thanks for your help here. Please, I have a masters degree in Public Administration in Nigeria but currently running another masters degree in International Trade in a South Korean National University but my plan is to apply for a PhD in one of the Australian Universities after my graduation. Please, how do I know the course or programme that will qualify me for a PR? Bear in mind my area is in the Social sciences. What I just want to know is how to find out which course or programme qualifies one for a PR. Can I also get a fully funded scholarship in any Australian Universities? I know my questions might have been addressed here before, but I beg you to answer me in a possible way you can. Thanks bro.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by buzu84: 11:52am On May 01, 2018
samge:

I really do not know why your assessment by ACS was AQF Diploma, I went to a Private Uni too and got equivalent AQF Bachelors Degree with a major in computing.

The occupation you nominated and applied for assessment on, is it the same occupation you have 10 years experience in?

I’ll advise you to explore all your options for PR properly before you think of coming in as a student.

Thanks a lot for the feedback...Please what private Uni did you attend, and what year did you do your accessment, maybe it has changed

My Nominated occupation was ICT Business Analyst

I graduated from Babcock university, In the ACS assessment, My degree was actually assessed as "Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Technology) from Babcock University completed June 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a Major in computing"

Also i had worked in the IT domain since 2007, My first employment (2007 - 2009) was not assessed as closely related to nominated so i had 0 years to claim.

But subsequent years of experience which spans from 2009 to 2017 (totaling about 8 years was assess as closely related).

However due to the fact that my University degree was assessed as AQF Associate degree, for me to claim points 5 years was subtracted from my work experience.

Consequently i could only claim 10 points for education and 5 points for work experience

Age....25
Degree----10
Work Exp----5
English---10 (IELTS 7,7,8.5,8.5)

Total was 50.....

Only way i could get a minimum of 60 which is not enough cos ICT business Analysis is Prorated with invites high at 70 and min 65... was to get and 8 0verall in English (20 points) and get a Province nomination...

That got me discouraged and i gave up...

Any advise or options.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by meelife: 12:35pm On May 01, 2018
Proof of Fund,
If one is using Fixed deposit as proof of fund is there any minimum number of days the money must be fixed before visa application.
An agent said it has to be fixed for at least 2-3 months prior to the application.
Someone else said one can fix a week prior to visa application but let the tenure of the fixed deposit be for like 60-90 days(like 2-3 months) from the date fixed.
Please your advise will be appreciated.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neks001(f): 1:30pm On May 01, 2018
I think you should re-assess as a systems analyst, it has the same JD as an Ict B.A...and go for 489 instead. One of those regional areas in Nsw nominates Systems analyst. It's better than going to waste all those $$$ in tuition payment

quote author=buzu84 post=67181558]

Thanks a lot for the feedback...Please what private Uni did you attend, and what year did you do your accessment, maybe it has changed

My Nominated occupation was ICT Business Analyst

I graduated from Babcock university, In the ACS assessment, My degree was actually assessed as "Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Technology) from Babcock University completed June 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a Major in computing"
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2018
i have an conditional offer from torrens univerity, i have since submitted my financial docs since 10th april but have not heard from them since.it usually does not take more than 2weeks to get a response from them. but this is getting to a month now. am all tensed and worried. my agent says to give them more time.anyone in my shoes advice pls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nogara: 4:33pm On May 01, 2018
Hello house, I am conjuring my SOP as I intend to apply for my study visa this month. My concern is my immigration history vis-à-vis previous Visa denials to UK and USA.
- how do I go about explaining this denials since they were both visiting visas.
- am I supposed to narrate this denials in my SOP or is there any field for this during the online application.
- The US denial was the normal blue paper, please what can I state as the actual reason owing to the fact that the reasons stated on the paper is generic.
- The UK was based on insufficient funds and my circumstances in home country. This denials followed chronologically from 2016 and 2017. However, I have a visa and have travelled out to Southafrica after these denials.
House, kindly lend your view as regards my situation as I would like to tackle this issue critically and as such get my study Visa granted.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nogara: 5:22pm On May 01, 2018
Kindly ask your agebt to write the school to get the true position of your application.
chimax1:
i have an conditional offer from torrens univerity, i have since submitted my financial docs since 10th april but have not heard from them since.it usually does not take more than 2weeks to get a response from them. but this is getting to a month now. am all tensed and worried. my agent says to give them more time.anyone in my shoes advice pls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nonsam1: 9:03pm On May 01, 2018
Good evening all,
I am new here.Thanks for all your advise and guidance on this thread.
I have a BSc. in Chemistry and intend doing a Masters programme.
Do you think Masters in Environment or Environmental Management will be deemed as related to my first degree especially before the embassy officers?Is it suitable?
What is minimum amount of money one needs to show as proof of funds (Statement of account)
Please advise
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 9:51pm On May 01, 2018
I submitted a lot of documents, would write the ones I remember now.
Results: BSc, 2 MSc certificates and transcript, IElTS, SOP, Int'l Passport and Birth Certificate of myself, wifey and son, Employment Letter and Payslips, CoE, Proof of Scholarship, Marriage Certificate, CV. LGA of Origin, Staff ID Card, Promotion Letter. Proof of Awards as stated in the SOP. In a nutshell, I submitted every document that can substantiate my claims on the SOP. I think it works that way. Also, it is better to have surplus rather than deficit. My Int'l had just 4 months validity and I was still given 22months visa. As against the popular believe that you are given visa based on the expiry of your Intl passport. If I remember any other relevant docs submitted, I would post it here
Femidrummer:
Can you share the documents you submitted . Congrats

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 9:57pm On May 01, 2018
School requirements is different from DIBP requirements. However, DIBP would check the conditions satisfied by applicant from the CoE, so your school would ave done well to inform them you are proficient in English. I doubt if DIBP would not ask you for IELTS. If you have it, tender it and pls if not, apply for IELTS immediately. It would be painful to wait for three weeks to 2months only to learn that you need IELTS which does not come in handy. I had to defer to July mainly because of IELTS. My one cent
Femidrummer:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 9:59pm On May 01, 2018
I have sent you a PM. Let's have a chat
KellaKella:
fobak203 Please don't forget to patronize your nairaland sister for your Australian airline ticket
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 10:05pm On May 01, 2018
Based on the current trend of things. Can I beg you to apply alone. The strongest ties to your how country is leaving your spouse and child(ren). Next to that is Landed properties. Forget Uncles and brothers. Another one, is investment shares/bonds. Study leave with a stated date of return is another option. In all, Leaving your nuclear family in Nigeria ranks highest. Hope you understand and this helps
Google63:
Hi guys, I've really learnt a lot here, and I've decided to apply to a school. However, I'll be going with my wife. I want to know how I can pove that I still have strong ties with Nigeria, in order not to have my visa rejected. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:54am On May 02, 2018
meelife:
Proof of Fund,
If one is using Fixed deposit as proof of fund is there any minimum number of days the money must be fixed before visa application.
An agent said it has to be fixed for at least 2-3 months prior to the application.
Someone else said one can fix a week prior to visa application but let the tenure of the fixed deposit be for like 60-90 days(like 2-3 months) from the date fixed.
Please your advise will be appreciated.
2 to 3 months is the best presenting ”weeks old” won’t convince enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.