Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1261802 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Femidrummer: 10:21am On May 05, 2018
Hello my People , What are the implications studying a Master in IT course that is not accredited by the ACS Australia ? Will that affect getting jobs afterwards or PR applications . Gurus in the house please help , i'm just only trying to do my findings so as to decide if i'm on the right path
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 3:36pm On May 05, 2018
Its been a while...Greetings from Australia (Some of you might still remember me from way back)

For those peeps coming to Australia for their Masters...(Their school system here no be beans pie).

Firstly, learn how to use a computer and internet system. Be well grounded in Microsoft word, excel and power-point. Also learn how to surf the net for general information, peer reviewed articles, journals and so on

Secondly, learn how to write essays and research papers.(From 3000 to 9000 words on a topic). Practice critical readings and know how to play with words while bringing out the information you need from different search engines on the web. (Most people from Nigeria are only familiar with google)

Learn how to speak well and do presentations using power point slides because you will be doing loads of it in front of your course mates and lecturers.

Learn how to do referencing (Harvard referencing) and if you can get acquainted with the Endnote software, life will be a bit easy for you.

Lastly, learn how to paraphrase... (Very important)

Thanks me later....Stay woke.

8 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nogara: 3:43pm On May 05, 2018
Hello guys, please I need your input. How do I specify or better still narrate my visa denials in my SOP, if you are experienced in this kindly lend me your help as I am on the verge of filing my application. Remain blessed.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:01pm On May 05, 2018
engrcollinz:
Hello house. Please anyone in sydney? i need a place to lay my head when i land, while i try and sort out accommodation ...anybody male or female. Please pm me your details. I'm departing next week wednesday ....please help a brother .God bless. One love
While some people wanna help, some people Handa re just tied cos of house owner agreement upon tenancy.
Google for backpackers in Sydney. Find the cheap /affordable ones and spend a couple of nights there while you actively search for accommodation.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peterdaniels: 10:41pm On May 05, 2018
Thanks everyone on this special platform..am a silent follower here and am so glad to announce to you guys that my visa has been granted..
Medical 5th April
Visa submission 9th April
Biometrics 10th April..
Visa grant 5th May
Documents submitted as follows
COE
SOP
Transcript
Police report
Polio vaccine
Neco result
SOA of 11.65M
Sponsors letter
Sponsors data page of international passport
Sponsors baptism certificate for show ties with the applicant
Reference letter from employer
Nysc certificate
Bsc certificate
Medical referral letter
NPC attestation letter
Sponsors change of name on the news paper
My CV
IELTS certificate I got 6.5 overall
Please note: sponsor is my sister and there was no contact from the CO..God it’s indeed wonderful..am short of words..to all visa expectant
This coming week will be week of many testimonies..thank you guys..
My school is Macquarie University Sydney
Resuming July
Course is professional Accounting

8 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cangrejo: 11:06pm On May 05, 2018
peterdaniels:
Thanks everyone on this special platform..am a silent follower here and am so glad to announce to you guys that my visa has been granted..
Medical 5th April
Biometrics 10th April..
Visa grant 5th May
COE
SOP
Transcript
Police report
Polio vaccine
Neco result
SOA of 11.65M
Sponsors letter
Nysc certificate
Bsc certificate
Medical referral letter
NPC attestation letter
My CV
Please note: sponsor is my sister and there was no contact from the CO..God it’s indeed wonderful..am short of words..to all visa expectant
Resuming July

Congrats Sir....

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 12:19am On May 06, 2018
Congrats on your grant
peterdaniels:
Medical 5th April
Biometrics 10th April..
Visa grant 5th May
COE
SOP
Transcript
Police report
Polio vaccine
Neco result
SOA of 11.65M
Sponsors letter
Nysc certificate
Bsc certificate
Medical referral letter
NPC attestation letter
My CV
Resuming July

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nogara: 12:26am On May 06, 2018
Wow, wow, wow just in one month. God is really involved. I tap into your testimony. I will testify same.
peterdaniels:
Medical 5th April
Biometrics 10th April..
Visa grant 5th May
COE
SOP
Transcript
Police report
Polio vaccine
Neco result
SOA of 11.65M
Sponsors letter
Nysc certificate
Bsc certificate
Medical referral letter
NPC attestation letter
My CV
Resuming July

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peterdaniels: 1:51am On May 06, 2018
Femidrummer:
Hello House, I need some light here i beg , agent told me no need of Test of English when applying to an Al1 school and i have just gotten my Coe after paying the first semester fees and again said no need to submit SOA when applying to the embassy . How true is this i beg
I will suggest if you have strong SOA,please kindly add it to your application to avoid unnecessary delays..I think regardless of whether Al1 and stuff,SOA is important..my agent told me same but I insisted she add it up..in fact I uploaded every document myself in there office.it worked for me,..good luck..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foliat: 6:53am On May 06, 2018
Amen!!!!!

nogara:
Wow, wow, wow just in one month. God is really involved. I tap into your testimony. I will testify same.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foliat: 7:02am On May 06, 2018
Congrats dear, awaiting mine also. MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY. Please i sent you a pm kindly respond.

peterdaniels:
Medical 5th April
Biometrics 10th April..
Visa grant 5th May
COE
SOP
Transcript
Police report
Polio vaccine
Neco result
SOA of 11.65M
Sponsors letter
Nysc certificate
Bsc certificate
Medical referral letter
NPC attestation letter
My CV
Resuming July

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cangrejo: 7:15am On May 06, 2018
Morning, is there any student or prospective student of Western Sydney here.....I have an important question....Did anyone submit the GTE form of the school with the visa app form....
Also, any graduate entry nurse in the house...we need to talk..

This thread has gone dry...what is happening, we are in May already and people are not asking questions....abeg, make we rub minds
@peterdaniels I tap into your testimony, my grant is coming too this year in Jesus name...Amen

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peterdaniels: 7:30am On May 06, 2018
[quote author=foliat post=67318777]Congrats dear, awaiting mine also. MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY. Please i sent you a pm kindly respond.

I dunno how the pm thing works but I think I messaged you back..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peterdaniels: 7:32am On May 06, 2018
[quote author=Cangrejo post=67318980]Morning, is there any student or prospective student of Western Sydney here.....I have an important question....Did anyone submit the GTE form of the school with the visa app form....
Also, any graduate entry nurse in the house...we need to talk..

This thread has gone dry...what is happening, we are in May already and people are not asking questions....abeg, make we rub minds
@peterdaniels I tap into your testimony, my grant is coming too this year in Jesus name...Amen Amen bro..I lack words because I was expecting the grant by June or July based on other people experiences..it’s well
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:26am On May 06, 2018
engrcollinz:
Hello house. Please anyone in sydney? i need a place to lay my head when i land, while i try and sort out accommodation ...anybody male or female. Please pm me your details. I'm departing next week wednesday ....please help a brother .God bless. One love
My advice for you is have a backup plan sha check out hostels in Sydney
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:35am On May 06, 2018
Something just happen right now Congratulations to guys who just got there grants anyway if you are going to make use of South African Airways please before you book the ticket ask where you want to get it that is the free hotel booking at Johannesburg part of the package and if NO make use they book and get you the hotel voucher at least 10days before travel date the best place to get the ticket is to go to there offices at the airport

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 06, 2018
ideamaster babajigga

Thanks for the good work you are doing. God bless y'all
I've been trying to read through the entire thread to see if you have responded to similar concerns like what I have stated below but its not easy since the pages are a lot.
I'm just seeking enquiry on two simple issues :

I have received an offer to study Masters in international business at a Uni in Sydney. the school did not require any English test scores like ielts.
Will I still need to provide English test scores for my visa application if the school is not requiring it ?

also the starting date for the course is the 25th of July.
Am I too late to apply for a visa since I'm waiting for my sponsor to provide his bank statement which will take about 2 weeks.

thanks in advance.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by engrcollinz(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2018
Cottyekundayo:

While some people wanna help, some people Handa re just tied cos of house owner agreement upon tenancy.
Google for backpackers in Sydney. Find the cheap /affordable ones and spend a couple of nights there while you actively search for accommodation.
Thanks man will check it out
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 4:20pm On May 06, 2018
Good evening everyone.
I appreciate the good work going on here. The amount of very relevant information regarding study in Australia here is so heart warming. Thank you so much guys.

I have applied to UNSW to study Masters Information Technology. For those who have gotten admission offer from UNSW please help me with answers to the following questions:

1. How long does it take for UNSW to process admission after application. I applied since last week.

2. What are the chances that i will be able to get a visa before the resumption date (23rd July 2018)

3. What are the things I should or should not do in order to avoid delay in getting visa.

I look forward to your kind responses.
God bless you all.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideamaster(m): 11:36pm On May 06, 2018
Arcasie:
ideamaster babajigga

Thanks for the good work you are doing. God bless y'all
I've been trying to read through the entire thread to see if you have responded to similar concerns like what I have stated below but its not easy since the pages are a lot.
I'm just seeking enquiry on two simple issues :

I have received an offer to study Masters in international business at a Uni in Sydney. the school did not require any English test scores like ielts.
Will I still need to provide English test scores for my visa application if the school is not requiring it ?

also the starting date for the course is the 25th of July.
Am I too late to apply for a visa since I'm waiting for my sponsor to provide his bank statement which will take about 2 weeks.

thanks in advance.

On page 252, someone asked a similar question. Yeah, the school would give you a COE stating that you have satisfied the requirements of English but then, it's at the discretion of the case officer to ask for your English test scores or not. The time frame they give you may not be enough to book, write and get the results of English tests like Ielts and then CO contact asking for English test scores would further delay your application.

No one can really say if it's too late or not as it depends on the backlog of student visa applications. June/July is really busy for them so the earlier you submit your application, the better for you. You should also make your application decision ready. I would suggest you register and write any of the English tests. If there is a chance they would ask for a document, include it while submitting your application. Go through the document checklist and also check out the documents people who have gotten their grants submitted. Don't also forget to frontload your medicals. All the best!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nonsam1: 12:02pm On May 07, 2018
Congrats.
God was really involved.
Please what agent did you ue?
For the SOA an agent said it must be 15 mllion.
I dont know if it is safe appy with less than 15M or is there any advise from anyone as regards what the SOA should be at least.

peterdaniels:
Medical 5th April
Biometrics 10th April..
Visa grant 5th May
COE
SOP
Transcript
Police report
Polio vaccine
Neco result
SOA of 11.65M
Sponsors letter
Nysc certificate
Bsc certificate
Medical referral letter
NPC attestation letter
My CV
Resuming July

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ramcie(f): 4:12pm On May 07, 2018
Please I
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peterdaniels: 4:53pm On May 07, 2018
[quote author=nonsam1 post=67352792]Congrats.
God was really involved.
I dont know if it is safe appy with less than 15M or is there any advise from anyone as regards what the SOA should be at least.

I think it depends on your tuition fee,when mine was calculated with living expenses, the remaining balance of the tuition fee for the year and personal travel allowance,it summounted to 10.5m..so the SOA covers the total amount required..although I have a valid work visa in South Africa..that also a plus for me..I hope this helps..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peterdaniels: 5:17pm On May 07, 2018
[quote author=nonsam1 post=67352792]Congrats.
God was really involved.

PFL
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nonsam1: 6:24pm On May 07, 2018
Thanks.[quote author=peterdaniels post=67360685][/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nonsam1: 6:24pm On May 07, 2018
Thank you.I asked because the agent did not explain what made the figure 15 M.
[quote author=peterdaniels post=67360063][/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Slingshot: 7:42pm On May 07, 2018
What kinda partner visa? 300 or 309?
Ramcie:
Please I need a ask a question.
How long does it take to grant a partners visa please note that the male partner in Australia hasn’t been granted a PR but he wants to take his wife along. Application was made in January but no reply form the embassy up till today.
Please someone would help with answers. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aamstih: 8:01pm On May 07, 2018
Congrats to you peterdaniels...

Heard some Dec apps are yet to be finalised, are this grants not a serial kind of stuff?

nogara:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ilias2: 2:44pm On May 08, 2018
Hello guys.is anyone. Coming to perth soon or next month,
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by IamphilVitalis: 6:02pm On May 08, 2018
Ilias2:
Hello guys.is anyone. Coming to perth soon or next month,

By the grace of the ALMIGHTY GOD, THE ALPHA AND OMEGA i am.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 8:26pm On May 08, 2018
peterdaniels:
Medical 5th April
Biometrics 10th April..
Visa grant 5th May
COE
SOP
Transcript
Police report
Polio vaccine
Neco result
SOA of 11.65M
Sponsors letter
Nysc certificate
Bsc certificate
Medical referral letter
NPC attestation letter
My CV
Resuming July

Congrts bro
please this 11.65m is it closing balance for 3months or daily balance upto 11.65m for 3months.what is the daily/monthly inflow like.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by oobidike(f): 9:51pm On May 08, 2018
Typical aussie assignment. Lol

[

quote author=cheekynero post=67305215]Its been a while...Greetings from Australia (Some of you might still remember me from way back)

For those peeps coming to Australia for their Masters...(Their school system here no be beans pie).

Firstly, learn how to use a computer and internet system. Be well grounded in Microsoft word, excel and power-point. Also learn how to surf the net for general information, peer reviewed articles, journals and so on

Secondly, learn how to write essays and research papers.(From 3000 to 9000 words on a topic). Practice critical readings and know how to play with words while bringing out the information you need from different search engines on the web. (Most people from Nigeria are only familiar with google)

Learn how to speak well and do presentations using power point slides because you will be doing loads of it in front of your course mates and lecturers.

Learn how to do referencing (Harvard referencing) and if you can get acquainted with the Endnote software, life will be a bit easy for you.

Lastly, learn how to paraphrase... (Very important)

Thanks me later....Stay woke.
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.