Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,432 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot (1951 Views)

Buhari Mourns Ex-SGF, Ufot Ekaette / Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job / Soyinka To Expose Obasanjo, The 'Most Hypocritical' Former Leader In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nku5: 11:01pm On May 08, 2017
PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, OLUSEGUN OBASANJO AND THE TINUBU YORUBA PARADOX

Let me point out once again from the outset as I have maintained in several fora here that I am NOT in the least interested in any discourse relating to the health or otherwise of President Buhari.
Indeed, just as I indicated in the Yar' Adua case in 2010, I find all the current idle speculations about Buhari's indisposition, as well as the accompanying agitation for his resignation, absolutely needless, irreverent and abhorrent.

The reason is that it is Buhari/Tinubu Yoruba tribalism, religious bigotry, maladministration and Godlessness, rather than Buhari's health, which are threats to Nigeria's corporate existence at present.
Thus, all the flippant speculations and naïve agitations are, in my opinion, the clearest indicators yet that Nigerians on both sides of the political divide have learnt absolutely nothing from the Yar' Adua episode.
However, I could not but be attracted to the following excerpt from the recent sycophantic and hypocritical media posturing by Bisi Akande, former APC chairman, and a key Tinubu Yoruba slave functionary in the Godless conspiracy to oust former President Jonathan from power in 2015. Akande said inter alia:
'...Let me warn today that those who wish to
harvest political gains out of the health of the
president are mistaken. This is not Nigeria of
1993. We are in a new national and global era
of constitutionalism and order. We hope
Nigerians have enough patience to learn
from history...'.
Now, what does one make of this absolutely silly statement, especially the reference to 1993 and history? It appears to me that virtually all the discourse on Akande's statement completely missed that part.
The reference to 1993 is absolutely intriguing considering that the only event for which 1993 has become a notorious milestone in Nigeria's annals of political infamy is the criminal annulment by Ibrahim Babangida's regime of the June 12 election putatively won by MKO Abiola.
Since that annulment and its tragic fall out leading to the eventual murder of Abiola in 1998 were rightly seen as a brazen act of injustice by northern Muslim military leaders against Yorubas, it is not particularly clear why Akande is drawing a parallel between that event and the present case in which he claims some people are attempting to 'harvest political gains out of the health of the President'.
President Buhari is a northern Muslim, and those who may wish to 'harvest political gains' from his health challenges are believed to be his kinsmen from the Muslim North as well.
And so in what precise manner does the current Buhari 'health crisis' recall the June 12, 1993 crisis? Pray, how does the perceived 'politics' swirling around the man's health today adversely affect Yoruba interest reminiscent of Abiola's debacle?
The answer obviously is in the current status of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the most potent symbol today of the success of Tinubu Yoruba tribalist mischief and conspiracy against the Goodluck Jonathan government.

It appears that in the above busybody Freudian slip, Akande merely gave voice to the tribalist anxieties currently ravaging the hearts of ALL Tinubu slaves in Yoruba land, who, despite their thin veneer of pretended support for President Buhari, are actually secretly wishing that he would step aside or, 'better still', pass on in order for their kinsman, Osinbajo, to take over.

Thus, in the thinking of Akande, all the Buhari loyalists who are 'concealing Buhari's illness' and encouraging him to remain in power, and, therefore, depriving Osinbajo of political power are the enemies of Tinubu Yorubas just like the 1993 annulment protagonists.
Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear! It is astonishing what tribal bigotry is doing to Nigeria. Prominent Nigerian citizens now flaunt Godless tribalism like a badge of honour.
I find it particularly intriguing in this case that the Tinubu Yoruba slave in the South West of Nigeria --- after endorsing and enlisting in the most iniquitous, pernicious and mendacious tribally motivated political propaganda and conspiracy in history against Dr Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 because of raw vicious tribal hatred for Igbos --- now believes that he can justifiably stake a claim to equity, rather than Nemesis. Astonishing!
You helped to prevent a minority Ijaw man from securing a legitimate second term, after your own kinsman, Obasanjo, had served out his own second term. Now you want yet another kinsman of yours, Osinbajo, to be handed power so soon after Obasanjo! Dear Lord!

I am absolutely flabbergasted that these agents of tribalism such as Akande in the Tinubu circles of Yoruba land and elsewhere in Nigeria have so far been incapable of reading the current momentous events in Nigeria accurately as the commencement of divine wrath on their 2015 sleight of hand.

Let me jolt their weak memories with a bit of recent history in order to properly exemplify the tragic paradox that they represent at the moment.
In the 1999 Presidential election, Nigeria was presented with two Yoruba candidates, Olu Falae of the AD/APP alliance(admittedly the far better candidate of the two) and Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP(who had just been released from prison where the then Head of State, Sani Abacha, had left him to rot).

The Yorubas in the South West completely rejected Obasanjo for Falae. But Obasanjo won on the strength of the votes of the North(Central, West and East), South East and South South, with a total of 18,738,154 (62.7%) votes to Falae's 11,110,287 (37.2%) votes.

The total votes from the five South East States of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo were as follows:
i. OLUSEGUN OBASANJO = 2,404,739 (71%)
ii. OLU FALAE = 978,997(28.9%)
Those from the six South South States of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Rivers were as follows:
i. OLUSEGUN OBASANJO = 6,065,197(83.4%)
ii. OLU FALAE = 1,205,087(16.5%)
From the six South West States of Ekiti, Lagos, Ondo, Ogun, Osun and Oyo came the following results:
i. OLUSEGUN OBASANJO = 1,092,216(20%)
ii. OLU FALAE = 4,366,993(79.9%)

Obasanjo won all the states in the three zones of the North except Kebbi, Sokoto, Yobe and Zamfara States won by Falae, three of which were possibly on account of the influence of Falae's running mate, Umaru Shinkafi, a Sokoto prince.
But hardly had Obasanjo settled down as President when he began to fight everybody in the PDP including the Senate Presidents Chuba Okadigbo and Adolphus Nwabara, House of Representatives Speaker Ghali Na Abba and Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
Obasanjo employed brazen bribery to serially remove the Senate Presidents and attempt to remove the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Huge sums of money were often displayed on the floor of the two Houses of the National Assembly as the bribe given by Obasanjo for the impeachment of their leaders.

In 2001, in order for PDP to win elections in the South West, against the threats of Bola Ige to ensure that only President Obasanjo without the other PDP elective positions would succeed in the South West, Obasanjo presided over the murder of Bola Ige, his own sitting Attorney General, the first time such a heinous crime would be committed in Nigeria.
The same fate later met other opponents of Obasanjo such as Harry Marshall, and A.K. Dikibo, a PDP member.
Yet the Yorubas who had rejected him in 1999 were now Obasanjo's staunch supporters.
By 2002, Obasanjo had completely lost the support of the Muslim North who perceived him to be working against their interest by favouring the South West who had rejected him in the election.
They began to engineer opposition to him through such officials as Chuba Okadigbo, Ghali Na Abba and Imo State APP Senator Arthur Nzeribe.

When in 2002 Nzeribe of the APP tabled a motion of impeachment on the basis of 19 impeachable offences against Obasanjo of the PDP on the floor of the Senate, the South West, despite being ruled by AD Governors Niyi Adebayo(Ekiti), Bola Tinubu(Lagos), Segun Osoba(Ogun), Ade Adefarati(Ondo) and Bisi Akande(Osun), was thrown into an uproar against Nzeribe.
Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State declared Nzeribe persona non grata and warned him not to step into the South West.
The North began to campaign against Obasanjo employing deadly Shari'a riots resulting in the loss of thousands of lives between 2000 and 2003.

By this time, despite claims of monumental corruption and maladministration against Obasanjo especially in the North, the South West, including the present tribalistic apologists of Tinubu who are determined not to allow former President Jonathan to move on with his life after they and their tribalistic media houses fabricated Godless falsehood and propaganda to oust him, mobilised support for Obasanjo towards the 2003 election.
They all joined forces with the South East, South South and North Central to re-elect the same Obasanjo that they had rejected in 1999.

By the time the 2003 election came, despite Obasanjo's shenanigans against the South East, as seen in his marginalising them in military appointments, and the South South, as seen in his reintroducing the offshore/
onshore dichotomy in the sharing of oil revenue resulting in the loss of revenue for states like Akwa Ibom and Delta, the two zones defied the kind of tribal bigotry which Tinubu Yoruba slaves engaged in in 2015 and re-elected him in a landslide. The South East even rejected their own Ojukwu for Obasanjo.
The 2003 Presidential election results in the three zones were as follows:
SOUTH EAST
i. Olusegun Obasanjo = 3,161,019 (71.3%)
ii. Muhammadu Buhari = 253,143 (5.7%)
iii. Odumegwu Ojukwu = 1,018,966 (22.9%)
SOUTH SOUTH
i. Olusegun Obasanjo = 7,056,434 (94.6%)
ii. Muhammadu Buhari = 371,749 (4.9%)
iii. Odumegwu Ojukwu = 24,218 (0.3%)
SOUTH WEST
i. Olusegun Obasanjo = 5,042,678 (93.6%)
ii. Muhammadu Buhari = 196,169 (3.6%)
iii. Odumegwu Ojukwu = 146,214 (2.7%)

Obasanjo lost all the northern Muslim states to Buhari but managed to win all the North Central(Middle Belt) States including the mixed religious states such as Adamawa, Kaduna and Niger.
Thus, with the votes of the four zones of South East, South South, South West and North Central behind him, Obasanjo won the 2003 elections in a landslide with the following national total:
i. Olusegun Obasanjo = 24,109,157 (67.8%)
ii. Muhammadu Buhari = 12,495,326 (32.0%)
iii. Odumegwu Ojukwu = 1,111,933 (02.8%)

The point of all this is that with the complete rejection of Obasanjo by northern Muslim states in this election, if the South East and the South South had behaved towards Obasanjo's re-election the same way that the Tinubu Yoruba South West behaved towards Jonathan in 2015, here is what would have happened:
SOUTH EAST TOTAL = 4,433,128
SOUTH SOUTH TOTAL = 7,452, 401
TOTAL =11,885,529
Now, Obasanjo's total of 24,109,157 votes minus South East/South South total of 11,885,529 leaves Obasanjo with 12,223,628 votes.
Now, add all those South East/South South votes of 11,885,529 to Buhari's 12,495,326, and you get the following result:
i. Olusegun Obasanjo = 12,223,628
ii. Muhammadu Buhari = 24,380,855
Indeed, even if the votes of the two zones were split equally between Buhari and Obasanjo, Buhari would still have won as follows:
i. Olusegun Obasanjo = 18,166,392
ii. Muhammadu Buhari = 18,438,090

Therefore, would Obasanjo have won re-election in 2003 if the South East and the South South had been bitten by the vicious anti-Jonathan, anti-Igbo tribal bug of Tinubu Yoruba slaves in 2015?
And in case these slaves of Bola Tinubu are still deluding themselves about how Jonathan could not have won the election in 2011 without their votes, here is what happened then:
NATIONAL TOTAL:
i. Goodluck Jonathan = 22,495,187
ii. Muhammadu Buhari =12,214,853
iii. Nuhu Ribadu = 2,079,151
iv. Ibrahim Shekarau = 917,012
v. Others = 104,837.
SOUTH WEST TOTAL:
i. Goodluck Jonathan = 2,786,417
ii. Muhammadu Buhari =321,609
iii. Nuhu Ribadu =1,369,943
iv. Ibrahim Shekarau =30,906
The total votes cast in the South West for ALL the candidates = 4,613,712.
Jonathan's 22,495,187 minus South West's 2,786,417 = 19,708,770.

Now, if all Jonathan's votes in the South West, together with those of Ribadu, Shekarau and others also in the South West = 4,613,712 had been added to Buhari's 12,214,853, Buhari's total = 16,828,565 votes. Thus, in 2011:
1)GOODLUCK JONATHAN (WITHOUT ANY YORUBA VOTE) =19,708,770
2)MUHAMMADU BUHARI(WITH ALL THE YORUBA VOTES)=16,828,565.

That was the reality in the 2011 Presidential election.
In addition, the destruction of the PDP was started by Obasanjo as far back as 2005. Once upon a time, a man like Chris Ngige, former Anambra State Governor whose kidnap by Chris Uba was engineered and endorsed by then President Obasanjo, was a member of the PDP.

Audu Ogbe, Buhari's Minister of Agriculture was also a member of the PDP. Today, they are both pillars of the APC. Who drove them out of the PDP? Olusegun Obasanjo.
Even Atiku Abubakar had to run to the ACN to contest for the Presidency in 2007 because of Obasanjo's malicious shenanigans.

Yet the Yorubas did not hold Obasanjo accountable in 2003 by working against his re-election despite the murder of Obasanjo's political opponents, the destruction of PHCN, and even afterwards, the fraudulent Presidential library and Bells University in Otta, the unConstitutional Third Term agenda, as well as the destruction of Odi and Zaki Biam.
At a point, even Obasanjo's first son, Gbenga, accused him in court of having sex with his(Gbenga) wife and sought divorce on that basis claiming that the paternity of his children could not be guaranteed.
Yet this monstrously irresponsible Egba 'agbaya' is strutting all over the place today fouling the air that Nigerians breathe and exhorting and accentuating the anti-Jonathan tribalist hysteria in the Tinubu Yoruba South West.
People like Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, and even the low quality 'market place' poet(pun intended), Niyi Osundare, have now enlisted fully in the pernicious Tinubu tribalist slavedom with the worst form of ethnic bigotry.

Thankfully, I have never ever reckoned with the inferior quality of writing of the Osundares of this world. I am only thoroughly ashamed of Wole Soyinka who has always been my role model but who has now been rubbished with a lethal mixture of Tinubu Yoruba tribalism and senility.

IF OBASANJO COMMITTED ALL THE ABOVE ATROCITIES AND STILL RULED NIGERIA FOR EIGHT UNBROKEN YEARS, EVEN HAVING THE EFFRONTERY TO SEEK AN UNCONSTITUTIONAL THIRD TERM, HOW CAN THE TINUBU YORUBA MAN OR WOMAN WHO ENDORSED HIM FOR SECOND TERM IN 2003 BUT CONDUCTED A VICIOUSLY FALSE AND GODLESSLY TRIBALISTIC CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE SECOND TERM ASPIRATION OF A PERFECT GENTLEMAN LIKE DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN IN 2015 BE COMPLAINING ABOUT BETRAYAL FROM BUHARI'S LOYALISTS OVER OSINBAJO?
Yes, anyone can fall ill at anytime and this is especially so for an old man like President Buhari who is believed to be well into his eighties. That cannot and must not become the subject of undue speculation and misplaced agitation.
But when a man has spent twelve years of tension- and blood-soaked struggle coveting with lies and threats the highest office in the land, and he finally ascends that office with deadly tribal and religious conspiracy such as the Boko Haram Chibok Girls scam but is immediately unable to concentrate on governance and savour the spoils of office on account of ill health, ONLY a Godlessly blind and dishonest Tinubu Yoruba slave will fail to recognise that that is God's way of punishing robbers who not only robbed an innocent man but persist in lying against him.

Only a characteristically blubbering and Godlessly tribalistic Tinubu Yoruba slave illiterate would in the same breath ascribe the President's illness(which medical experts say is related to geriatric complications of Crohns and prostate diseases) to his 'fight against corruption' and complain of loyalists seeking to prevent his kinsman Vice President from taking over the leadership of the country a la 1993.
To those of you non Yorubas who are engaged in the busybody agitation for Vice President Osinbajo to take over the running of the country from Buhari, I am astonished at what I am about to say now:
I am supremely contemptuous of Muhammadu Buhari in all ramifications and will forever be because Buhari represents for me all the evil that can be found in an individual, but given a choice between Buhari and Osinbajo (the very symbol of vicious Tinubu Yoruba tribalism at present),
I shall without hesitation prefer Buhari a hundred times. I cannot believe I just said that about Buhari but it is true!
And to Olusegun Obasanjo and all the tribalistic Tinubu Yoruba slaves in the South West, who are currently labouring under divine punishment because they will not leave Dr Goodluck Jonathan alone, know this:
GOD IS HERE AND THERE AND EVERYWHERE, AND HE KNOWS WHEN YOU PLAY THE GAME UNFAIR!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by VirginFinder: 11:37pm On May 08, 2017
shiorr!

You yEasterners will NEVER recover from the GEJ's 2015 election loss.

What a pity!!

GEJ sidelined Yorubas in his administration so much so that there was no Yoruba man from no 1 to no 10.

And you were expect we Yorubas to siddon look?

What of appointments? Whatever was due the Yoruba was given as extra mainly to the yEasterners.

Come on, Osinbajo is your Ag President once again and in God's time he'll become substantive President.

Next time you wont toy with the most sophisticated tribe in Nigeria.

Go and die!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by deedeedee1: 1:09am On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:
shiorr!

What a pity!!

GEJ sidelined Yorubas in his administration so much so that there was no Yoruba man from no 1 to no 10.

What of appointments? Whatever was due the Yoruba was given as extra mainly to the yEasterners.

Come on, Osinbajo is your Ag President once again and in God's time he'll become substantive President.

Go and die!!!

Exactly! The main reason why majority of yoruba did not vote gej was simply because of marginalization! You need to see what stella oduah(former minister of aviation) did against yoruba in favor of her tribesmen. Even when she was accused of embezzling public funds, her people were like: leave our daughter alone. It is our time to "chop". Lols but how come is it that this writer believe that not voting for gej was as a result of "hatred against igbo"? Is gej igbo? Gej thought yoruba were not needed forgetting that he will meet the same yoruba people at the poll. Only for him to be running to yorubaland few weeks to election. Every ethnic group(small or big), will always complain of being marginalized. Especially when it is a diverse country like nigeria. The writer should get over an election that took place 2 years ago but instead push for the total disintegration of this british experiment called niger-area!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by limeta(f): 2:07am On May 09, 2017
OP bless .
If all this did not happen the zoo will not fall
Shame on the devil.
The zoo must fall

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by lenghtinny(m): 4:58am On May 09, 2017
I really love what's going on...
This is what happens when you are over ambitious like Tinubu... Let's see how they wiggle out of this unholy union

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by Nobody: 5:28am On May 09, 2017
nku5:
PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, OLUSEGUN OBASANJO AND THE TINUBU YORUBA PARADOX

Let me point out once again from the outset as I have maintained in several fora here that I am NOT in the least interested in any discourse relating to the health or otherwise of President Buhari.
Indeed, just as I indicated in the Yar' Adua case in 2010, I find all the current idle speculations about Buhari's indisposition, as well as the accompanying agitation for his resignation, absolutely needless, irreverent and abhorrent.

The reason is that it is Buhari/Tinubu Yoruba tribalism, religious bigotry, maladministration and Godlessness, rather than Buhari's health, which are threats to Nigeria's corporate existence at present.
Thus, all the flippant speculations and naïve agitations are, in my opinion, the clearest indicators yet that Nigerians on both sides of the political divide have learnt absolutely nothing from the Yar' Adua episode.
However, I could not but be attracted to the following excerpt from the recent sycophantic and hypocritical media posturing by Bisi Akande, former APC chairman, and a key Tinubu Yoruba slave functionary in the Godless conspiracy to oust former President Jonathan from power in 2015. Akande said inter alia:
from history...'.
Now, what does one make of this absolutely silly statement, especially the reference to 1993 and history? It appears to me that virtually all the discourse on Akande's statement completely missed that part.
The reference to 1993 is absolutely intriguing considering that the only event for which 1993 has become a notorious milestone in Nigeria's annals of political infamy is the criminal annulment by Ibrahim Babangida's regime of the June 12 election putatively won by MKO Abiola.
Since that annulment and its tragic fall out leading to the eventual murder of Abiola in 1998 were rightly seen as a brazen act of injustice by northern Muslim military leaders against Yorubas, it is not particularly clear why Akande is drawing a parallel between that event and the present case in which he claims some people are attempting to 'harvest political gains out of the health of the President'.
President Buhari is a northern Muslim, and those who may wish to 'harvest political gains' from his health challenges are believed to be his kinsmen from the Muslim North as well.
And so in what precise manner does the current Buhari 'health crisis' recall the June 12, 1993 crisis? Pray, how does the perceived 'politics' swirling around the man's health today adversely affect Yoruba interest reminiscent of Abiola's debacle?
The answer obviously is in the current status of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the most potent symbol today of the success of Tinubu Yoruba tribalist mischief and conspiracy against the Goodluck Jonathan government.

It appears that in the above busybody Freudian slip, Akande merely gave voice to the tribalist anxieties currently ravaging the hearts of ALL Tinubu slaves in Yoruba land, who, despite their thin veneer of pretended support for President Buhari, are actually secretly wishing that he would step aside or, 'better still', pass on in order for their kinsman, Osinbajo, to take over.

Thus, in the thinking of Akande, all the Buhari loyalists who are 'concealing Buhari's illness' and encouraging him to remain in power, and, therefore, depriving Osinbajo of political power are the enemies of Tinubu Yorubas just like the 1993 annulment protagonists.
Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear! It is astonishing what tribal bigotry is doing to Nigeria. Prominent Nigerian citizens now flaunt Godless tribalism like a badge of honour.
I find it particularly intriguing in this case that the Tinubu Yoruba slave in the South West of Nigeria --- after endorsing and enlisting in the most iniquitous, pernicious and mendacious tribally motivated political propaganda and conspiracy in history against Dr Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 because of raw vicious tribal hatred for Igbos --- now believes that he can justifiably stake a claim to equity, rather than Nemesis. Astonishing!
You helped to prevent a minority Ijaw man from securing a legitimate second term, after your own kinsman, Obasanjo, had served out his own second term. Now you want yet another kinsman of yours, Osinbajo, to be handed power so soon after Obasanjo! Dear Lord!

I am absolutely flabbergasted that these agents of tribalism such as Akande in the Tinubu circles of Yoruba land and elsewhere in Nigeria have so far been incapable of reading the current momentous events in Nigeria accurately as the commencement of divine wrath on their 2015 sleight of hand.

Let me jolt their weak memories with a bit of recent history in order to properly exemplify the tragic paradox that they represent at the moment.
In the 1999 Presidential election, Nigeria was presented with two Yoruba candidates, Olu Falae of the AD/APP alliance(admittedly the far better candidate of the two) and Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP(who had just been released from prison where the then Head of State, Sani Abacha, had left him to rot).

The Yorubas in the South West completely rejected Obasanjo for Falae. But Obasanjo won on the strength of the votes of the North(Central, West and East), South East and South South, with a total of 18,738,154 (62.7%) votes to Falae's 11,110,287 (37.2%) votes.

The total votes from the five South East States of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo were as follows:
Those from the six South South States of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Rivers were as follows:
From the six South West States of Ekiti, Lagos, Ondo, Ogun, Osun and Oyo came the following results:

Obasanjo won all the states in the three zones of the North except Kebbi, Sokoto, Yobe and Zamfara States won by Falae, three of which were possibly on account of the influence of Falae's running mate, Umaru Shinkafi, a Sokoto prince.
But hardly had Obasanjo settled down as President when he began to fight everybody in the PDP including the Senate Presidents Chuba Okadigbo and Adolphus Nwabara, House of Representatives Speaker Ghali Na Abba and Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
Obasanjo employed brazen bribery to serially remove the Senate Presidents and attempt to remove the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Huge sums of money were often displayed on the floor of the two Houses of the National Assembly as the bribe given by Obasanjo for the impeachment of their leaders.

In 2001, in order for PDP to win elections in the South West, against the threats of Bola Ige to ensure that only President Obasanjo without the other PDP elective positions would succeed in the South West, Obasanjo presided over the murder of Bola Ige, his own sitting Attorney General, the first time such a heinous crime would be committed in Nigeria.
The same fate later met other opponents of Obasanjo such as Harry Marshall, and A.K. Dikibo, a PDP member.
Yet the Yorubas who had rejected him in 1999 were now Obasanjo's staunch supporters.
By 2002, Obasanjo had completely lost the support of the Muslim North who perceived him to be working against their interest by favouring the South West who had rejected him in the election.
They began to engineer opposition to him through such officials as Chuba Okadigbo, Ghali Na Abba and Imo State APP Senator Arthur Nzeribe.

When in 2002 Nzeribe of the APP tabled a motion of impeachment on the basis of 19 impeachable offences against Obasanjo of the PDP on the floor of the Senate, the South West, despite being ruled by AD Governors Niyi Adebayo(Ekiti), Bola Tinubu(Lagos), Segun Osoba(Ogun), Ade Adefarati(Ondo) and Bisi Akande(Osun), was thrown into an uproar against Nzeribe.
Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State declared Nzeribe persona non grata and warned him not to step into the South West.
The North began to campaign against Obasanjo employing deadly Shari'a riots resulting in the loss of thousands of lives between 2000 and 2003.

By this time, despite claims of monumental corruption and maladministration against Obasanjo especially in the North, the South West, including the present tribalistic apologists of Tinubu who are determined not to allow former President Jonathan to move on with his life after they and their tribalistic media houses fabricated Godless falsehood and propaganda to oust him, mobilised support for Obasanjo towards the 2003 election.
They all joined forces with the South East, South South and North Central to re-elect the same Obasanjo that they had rejected in 1999.

By the time the 2003 election came, despite Obasanjo's shenanigans against the South East, as seen in his marginalising them in military appointments, and the South South, as seen in his reintroducing the offshore/
onshore dichotomy in the sharing of oil revenue resulting in the loss of revenue for states like Akwa Ibom and Delta, the two zones defied the kind of tribal bigotry which Tinubu Yoruba slaves engaged in in 2015 and re-elected him in a landslide. The South East even rejected their own Ojukwu for Obasanjo.
SOUTH EAST
SOUTH SOUTH
SOUTH WEST

Obasanjo lost all the northern Muslim states to Buhari but managed to win all the North Central(Middle Belt) States including the mixed religious states such as Adamawa, Kaduna and Niger.
Thus, with the votes of the four zones of South East, South South, South West and North Central behind him, Obasanjo won the 2003 elections in a landslide with the following national total:

The point of all this is that with the complete rejection of Obasanjo by northern Muslim states in this election, if the South East and the South South had behaved towards Obasanjo's re-election the same way that the Tinubu Yoruba South West behaved towards Jonathan in 2015, here is what would have happened:
TOTAL =11,885,529
Now, Obasanjo's total of 24,109,157 votes minus South East/South South total of 11,885,529 leaves Obasanjo with 12,223,628 votes.
Now, add all those South East/South South votes of 11,885,529 to Buhari's 12,495,326, and you get the following result:
Indeed, even if the votes of the two zones were split equally between Buhari and Obasanjo, Buhari would still have won as follows:

Therefore, would Obasanjo have won re-election in 2003 if the South East and the South South had been bitten by the vicious anti-Jonathan, anti-Igbo tribal bug of Tinubu Yoruba slaves in 2015?
And in case these slaves of Bola Tinubu are still deluding themselves about how Jonathan could not have won the election in 2011 without their votes, here is what happened then:
NATIONAL TOTAL:
v. Others = 104,837.
SOUTH WEST TOTAL:

Now, if all Jonathan's votes in the South West, together with those of Ribadu, Shekarau and others also in the South West = 4,613,712 had been added to Buhari's 12,214,853, Buhari's total = 16,828,565 votes. Thus, in 2011:

In addition, the destruction of the PDP was started by Obasanjo as far back as 2005. Once upon a time, a man like Chris Ngige, former Anambra State Governor whose kidnap by Chris Uba was engineered and endorsed by then President Obasanjo, was a member of the PDP.

Audu Ogbe, Buhari's Minister of Agriculture was also a member of the PDP. Today, they are both pillars of the APC. Who drove them out of the PDP? Olusegun Obasanjo.
Even Atiku Abubakar had to run to the ACN to contest for the Presidency in 2007 because of Obasanjo's malicious shenanigans.

Yet the Yorubas did not hold Obasanjo accountable in 2003 by working against his re-election despite the murder of Obasanjo's political opponents, the destruction of PHCN, and even afterwards, the fraudulent Presidential library and Bells University in Otta, the unConstitutional Third Term agenda, as well as the destruction of Odi and Zaki Biam.
At a point, even Obasanjo's first son, Gbenga, accused him in court of having sex with his(Gbenga) wife and sought divorce on that basis claiming that the paternity of his children could not be guaranteed.
Yet this monstrously irresponsible Egba 'agbaya' is strutting all over the place today fouling the air that Nigerians breathe and exhorting and accentuating the anti-Jonathan tribalist hysteria in the Tinubu Yoruba South West.
People like Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, and even the low quality 'market place' poet(pun intended), Niyi Osundare, have now enlisted fully in the pernicious Tinubu tribalist slavedom with the worst form of ethnic bigotry.

Thankfully, I have never ever reckoned with the inferior quality of writing of the Osundares of this world. I am only thoroughly ashamed of Wole Soyinka who has always been my role model but who has now been rubbished with a lethal mixture of Tinubu Yoruba tribalism and senility.

IF OBASANJO COMMITTED ALL THE ABOVE ATROCITIES AND STILL RULED NIGERIA FOR EIGHT UNBROKEN YEARS, EVEN HAVING THE EFFRONTERY TO SEEK AN UNCONSTITUTIONAL THIRD TERM, HOW CAN THE TINUBU YORUBA MAN OR WOMAN WHO ENDORSED HIM FOR SECOND TERM IN 2003 BUT CONDUCTED A VICIOUSLY FALSE AND GODLESSLY TRIBALISTIC CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE SECOND TERM ASPIRATION OF A PERFECT GENTLEMAN LIKE DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN IN 2015 BE COMPLAINING ABOUT BETRAYAL FROM BUHARI'S LOYALISTS OVER OSINBAJO?
Yes, anyone can fall ill at anytime and this is especially so for an old man like President Buhari who is believed to be well into his eighties. That cannot and must not become the subject of undue speculation and misplaced agitation.
But when a man has spent twelve years of tension- and blood-soaked struggle coveting with lies and threats the highest office in the land, and he finally ascends that office with deadly tribal and religious conspiracy such as the Boko Haram Chibok Girls scam but is immediately unable to concentrate on governance and savour the spoils of office on account of ill health, ONLY a Godlessly blind and dishonest Tinubu Yoruba slave will fail to recognise that that is God's way of punishing robbers who not only robbed an innocent man but persist in lying against him.

Only a characteristically blubbering and Godlessly tribalistic Tinubu Yoruba slave illiterate would in the same breath ascribe the President's illness(which medical experts say is related to geriatric complications of Crohns and prostate diseases) to his 'fight against corruption' and complain of loyalists seeking to prevent his kinsman Vice President from taking over the leadership of the country a la 1993.
To those of you non Yorubas who are engaged in the busybody agitation for Vice President Osinbajo to take over the running of the country from Buhari, I am astonished at what I am about to say now:
I am supremely contemptuous of Muhammadu Buhari in all ramifications and will forever be because Buhari represents for me all the evil that can be found in an individual, but given a choice between Buhari and Osinbajo (the very symbol of vicious Tinubu Yoruba tribalism at present),
I shall without hesitation prefer Buhari a hundred times. I cannot believe I just said that about Buhari but it is true!
And to Olusegun Obasanjo and all the tribalistic Tinubu Yoruba slaves in the South West, who are currently labouring under divine punishment because they will not leave Dr Goodluck Jonathan alone, know this:
GOD IS HERE AND THERE AND EVERYWHERE, AND HE KNOWS WHEN YOU PLAY THE GAME UNFAIR!

Interesting. A whole tribe so so evil. smh.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by fergie001: 6:15am On May 09, 2017
As a nation,we are gone.

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nku5: 10:34am On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:
shiorr!

What a pity!!

Go and die!!!

No dey cry for here. Go ask Tinubu why he swore that a yoruba woman would not be speaker under GEJ. At least Jona gave solid cabinet and defence appointments to yorubas. Besides which region appointments epp? Obasanjo was president for eight years and the SW gained nothing.

The infrastructural projects that GEJ put in SW and the North will stand for the next generations to enjoy. But u cut your nose to spite your face because of bigotry and bitter politics

https://www.nairaland.com/1447691/gov-aregbesola-commends-fg-completing

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by VirginFinder: 10:42am On May 09, 2017
nku5:

No dey cry for here. Go ask Tinubu why he swore that a yoruba woman would not be speaker under GEJ. At least Jona gave solid cabinet and defence appointments to yorubas. Besides which region appointments epp? Obasanjo was president for eight years and the SW gained nothing.

The infrastructural projects that GEJ put in SW and the North will stand for the next generations to enjoy. But u cut your nose to spite your face because of bigotry and bitter politics

https://www.nairaland.com/1447691/gov-aregbesola-commends-fg-completing

Why a Yoruba woman?

What happened to Muraina Ajibola? Hadnt the reps already accepted him until GEJ came with his useless affirmative action policy? What a woman wrapper! Didn't the Patricia Etteh scenario teach us that men would never accept a woman leading them in National Assembly?

Yeye!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by latsy: 10:56am On May 09, 2017
What would have been an intelligent article was destroyed by the OP's lack of decorum and name calling. He didn't even try to hide his bigotry and he came across as an embittered looser
trying to empty his bottled up anger.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by Amarabae(f): 11:08am On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:

Why a Yoruba woman?

What happened to Muraina Ajibola? Hadnt the reps already accepted him until GEJ came with his useless affirmative action policy? What a woman wrapper! Didn't the Patricia Etteh scenario teach us that men would never accept a woman leading them in National Assembly?

Yeye!!
misogynism. Explain the bolded.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by ProWalker: 11:14am On May 09, 2017
This GEJ supporters will cry and wail till eternity. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by ProWalker: 11:15am On May 09, 2017
nku5:
[s]PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, OLUSEGUN OBASANJO AND THE TINUBU YORUBA PARADOX

from history...'.

SOUTH EAST
SOUTH SOUTH
SOUTH WEST

TOTAL =11,885,529

NATIONAL TOTAL:
v. Others = 104,837.
SOUTH WEST TOTAL:

GOD IS HERE AND THERE AND EVERYWHERE, AND HE KNOWS WHEN YOU PLAY THE GAME UNFAIR![/s]

Igbotic trash

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nku5: 12:43pm On May 09, 2017
ProWalker:

Igbotic trash
Very intelligent post grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by ProWalker: 12:44pm On May 09, 2017
nku5:

Very intelligent post grin grin

Una cry just dey start.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nku5: 6:14pm On May 09, 2017
ProWalker:

Una cry just dey start.

Nobody is crying more than Akande at the moment. Buhari no gree kpeme make una boy enter instead he was appointed Coordinator. Jokers grin grin
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by ProWalker: 6:38pm On May 09, 2017
nku5:

Nobody is crying more than Akande at the moment. Buhari no gree kpeme make una boy enter instead he was appointed Coordinator. Jokers grin grin

Losers and crying bigots like you forget there is a constitution grin
Your cry never start in Nigeria, until your Biafra quest hurts your ass out

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nku5: 6:54pm On May 09, 2017
ProWalker:

Losers and crying bigots like you forget there is a constitution grin
Your cry never start in Nigeria, until your Biafra quest hurts your ass out

Despite all your twisted, selfish, sub-human, bitter and petty scheming your gamble has at best earned you a glorified omo odo (domestic servant) supervised by Abba Kyari and regularly put in his place by El rufai. Water always finds its level grin grin grin

No be only constitution na co-ordinator grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by ProWalker: 7:22pm On May 09, 2017
nku5:

Despite all your twisted, selfish, sub-human, bitter and petty scheming your gamble has at best earned you a glorified omo odo (domestic servant) supervised by Abba Kyari and regularly put in his place by El rufai. Water always finds its level grin grin grin

While you are now No 6 in the pecking order in Nigeria.
Cry me a river, you biafrans are losers and will forever be crying for freedom grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nel123: 7:35pm On May 09, 2017
That was a lovely write up, very thoughtful and informative.. Haven't read such political opinion in a longtime so let me chip my own opinion .

Of a truth this is the status que in the mind of many yourbas esp the Tinubu machinery and let me say its not a bad thing to wish for in a political situation but the thing about these set of Yoruba leaders (Tinubu and co) is that they lack intelligence and over estimated.. Don't understand how they don't know that the SE and SS will be out for them in any political game from now on, cause the truth is this , the northerns understands politics and once they know the SW is all alone, they will not call them a threat.

Even if anything happens to Buhari, don't be surprise if they collide with the SE and SS to change the constitution to suit them cause SW wouldn't have much support to gain.

So my point is this , instead of Bisi Akande and other Tinubu's men crying foul, they should find a way to start reconnecting with their south brothers and thus have a solid weight to plead their case.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nku5: 7:37pm On May 09, 2017
Who pecking order epp? Upon all una betrayal, scramble and animalistic wetie fight for power how has it bettered SW? Dont make me post Osun WAEC rankings here o!

We are prospering as a group without government feeding bottle. We no be welfare case like you-know-who grin feeling sophisticated with nothing to show. Why my people no go demand freedom from such a marriage

ProWalker:

While you are now No 6 in the pecking order in Nigeria.
Cry me a river, you biafrans are losers and will forever be crying for freedom grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 09, 2017
nku5:

This is a fatality. Well done sister.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 09, 2017
Osibanjo will NEVER rule this country. His humiliation will be worse than that of Jonathan. The SS/SE + North will make it happen.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nku5: 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
nel123:
That was a lovely write up, very thoughtful and informative.. Haven't read such political opinion in a longtime so let me chip my own opinion .

Of a truth this is the status que in the mind of many yourbas esp the Tinubu machinery and let me say its not a bad thing to wish for in a political situation but the thing about these set of Yoruba leaders (Tinubu and co) is that they lack intelligence and over estimated.. Don't understand how they don't know that the SE and SS will be out for them in any political game from now on, cause the truth is this , the northerns understands politics and once they know the SW is all alone, they will not call them a threat.

Even if anything happens to Buhari, don't be surprise if they collide with the SE and SS to change the constitution to suit them cause SW wouldn't have much support to gain.

So my point is this , instead of Bisi Akande and other Tinubu's men crying foul, they should find a way to start reconnecting with their south brothers and thus have a solid weight to plead their case.

I tell you the Tinubu political machine is the worst thing to happen to SW. From Awolowo and his disciples to Tinubu and his short-sighted touts. If you are a student of history you can see a swift deterioration of relations between the yorubas and the SE/SS since Tinubu asserted his grip on the SW. A sharp departure from the paddy-paddy of the military era.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by nku5: 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
Realman87:

This is a fatality. Well done brother.
Fixed cool
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by ProWalker: 8:06pm On May 09, 2017
nku5:
Who pecking order epp? Upon all una betrayal, scramble and animalistic wetie fight for power how has it bettered SW? Dont make me post Osun WAEC rankings here o!

We are prospering as a group without government feeding bottle. We no be welfare case like you-know-who grin feeling sophisticated with nothing to show. Why my people no go demand freedom from such a marriage

Yourbaland is still better than igboland any day! The migration patterns speak volume
You can beat your empty chest all year round, not you get the chest grin
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 09, 2017
ProWalker:

Yourbaland is still better than igboland any day! The migration patterns speak volume
You can beat your empty chest all year round, not you get the chest grin

Continue displaying your ignorance. Migration to Lagos or to yorubaland? Ask Oba Akiolu?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by OAUTemitayo: 8:38pm On May 09, 2017
Yoruba betrayed GEJ?
You need to grow a brain. When Abiola contested for President did Ibos vote for him?
Did Ibos vote for Awolowo?.What then is the connection between us?
Suffice to say that we even voted for GEJ in 2011 and yet got nothing in return!

I don't know why Ibos keep crying betrayal, we are not Siamese twins for goodness sake.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by ProWalker: 8:43pm On May 09, 2017
Realman87:

Continue displaying your ignorance. Migration to Lagos or to yorubaland? Ask Oba Akiolu?

Oba Akiolu is now your reference?
You ipOb are classless grin
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by deedeedee1: 8:50pm On May 09, 2017
nel123:

yoruba people are not interested in forming any southern alliance with you. There is nothing like southern unity and there will never be. I support nigeria disintegration though but you guys should stay your lane while we stay on ours.
Simple!!!
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by deedeedee1: 8:54pm On May 09, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Yoruba betrayed GEJ?
You need to grow a brain. When Abiola contested for President did Ibos vote for him?
Suffice to say that we even voted for GEJ in 2011 and yet got nothing in return!

I don't know why Ibos keep crying betrayal, we are not Siamese twins for goodness sake.
Thank you! Out of the five eastern state, only one voted for abiola. While the four voted against him. The truth is we share nothing in common with these peole. Absolutely none! So what do they mean by betrayal? Mehn let this country split. I would not want my kids to grow up in this type of country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo & The Tinubu Yoruba Paradox By Garvey Ufot by joeyfire(m): 9:02pm On May 09, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Yoruba betrayed GEJ?

Open your eyes and read very well:

"The 2003 Presidential election results in the three zones were as follows:
SOUTH EAST
SOUTH SOUTH
SOUTH WEST

iii. Odumegwu Ojukwu = 1,111,933 (02.8%)"

Also did you know that when MKO Abiola declared himself President at Epetedo he was flanked on the stage by two Igbo men called Bobo Nwosisi and Ralph Obioha while yoruba Afenifere leaders were at Aso Rock negotiating their egunje from Abacha to sell out their brother Abiola? Do you know that NADECO the pro-democracy group formed over the Abiola affair at a point could only hold meetings at the house of Ndubuisi Kanu, an Igbo naval General?

Learn your history

(1) (2) (Reply)

News Updates From Akwa Ibom / Black Saturday In Owerri / I Am Nigerian By Nkiru Asika - A Beautiful Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 234
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.