Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit (1360 Views)

Photos Of The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee / These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel / What Is The Best Transmission And Engine Oil For Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by dany4life(m): 12:57am On May 09, 2017
Please kindly assist!!
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by dany4life(m): 12:58am On May 09, 2017
Please help my grand Cherokee jeep 2005 model, is consuming a lot of fuel 20 litres For 75 kilometers please help what might be the possible cause? Kind regards
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by ironheart(m): 1:43am On May 09, 2017
dany4life:
Please help my grand Cherokee jeep 2005 model, is consuming a lot of fuel 20 litres For 75 kilometers please help what might be the possible cause? Kind regards
yours try. I know a jeep compass that does 50km per 20litres
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by Nobody: 2:25am On May 09, 2017
dany4life:

Is the 75km highway driving or city with traffic and ac on or is it combined? Is urs the V8 trim? Do u have check engine light on. I think u might just be expecting too much from that truck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by sultaan(m): 3:22am On May 09, 2017
dany4life:

What has your mechanic done.

Turn the key from açc to on 3 times without starting and a DTC code will show up in your odometer section YouTube jeep diagnosis without scan tool and report back on the codes.I want to believe it is a V6 not a V8
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by Nobody: 5:26am On May 09, 2017
dany4life:
Olx it. Or commit Gazzuzz.
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by dany4life(m): 1:31pm On May 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Is the 75km highway driving or city with traffic and ac on or is it combined? Is urs the V8 trim? Do u have check engine light on. I think u might just be expecting too much from that truck.
its on highway, and its a v8
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by dany4life(m): 1:34pm On May 09, 2017
sultaan:

What has your mechanic done.

Turn the key from açc to on 3 times without starting and a DTC code will show up in your odometer section YouTube jeep diagnosis without scan tool and report back on the codes.I want to believe it is a V6 not a V8
its a v8
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by sultaan(m): 3:53pm On May 09, 2017
dany4life:
its a v8

The information center should give you the average miles per gallon what does it say so we can compare to rated mpg. Do you have a check engine light on?

And is it a 4.7 or 5.7 engine, the 5.7 has hemi written on the back of the car
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by dany4life(m): 5:42pm On May 09, 2017
sultaan:

The information center should give you the average miles per gallon what does it say so we can compare to rated mpg. Do you have a check engine light on?

And is it a 4.7 or 5.7 engine, the 5.7 has hemi written on the back of the car
thanks it's 4.7
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by erico2k2(m): 7:25pm On May 09, 2017
dany4life:
thanks it's 4.7
Oga Jeep dey drink fuel period, tehr is nothing wrong with your car, nah thier way,You see, petrol is very cheap in America so they like Big Engines.My car is heavy with 3 ltr engine, Ordinary Jeep liberty (smallJeep)3.7 ltr and its only %60 weight of the RRS.
But bro 4.7 is not for Nigeria, seriously in my book it makes no Economic sense.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Oga Jeep dey drink fuel period, tehr is nothing wrong with your car, nah thier way,You see, petrol is very cheap in America so they like Big Engines.My car is heavy with 3 ltr engine, Ordinary Jeep liberty (smallJeep)3.7 ltr and its only %60 weight of the RRS.
But bro 4.7 is not for Nigeria, seriously in my book it makes no Economic sense.
Na church motor
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by Readonee35L(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2017
@sultaan
That car is definitely faulty.
His mechanics might have tortured it.
Any American vehicle I'm Nigeria is definitely kazeemized.
I'm sure his fans are running directly because his mechanic told him the car will overheat.
Both Oxygen sensors might be gone.
Catalyst missing.
And his car might not be running efficiently . E.g engine misfire
Caused by dead spark plugs or coil.
Dirty injection nozzles.
E.t.c
I won't be quick to judge that car.

Op should snap his dashboard and show us.
And also scan the car.

So many cars in Nigeria are evil.
I've seen so many 2015 venza, Camry , Corolla and Accord with warning lights , you start wondering if the engine is even running
Because such lights should only be seen when you turn on the ignition..
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by billy187(m): 7:41pm On May 10, 2017
Approximately 14mpg....sounds feasible for your car, especially in town....what's the definition of highway in your area?
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by sultaan(m): 9:56pm On May 10, 2017
billy187:
Approximately 14mpg....sounds feasible for your car, especially in town....what's the definition of highway in your area?

That is why I asked for the information the car's computer, 14mpg is about what you will get for bad Lagos traffic driving. There is no miracle that will make it better that is why you might have paid a million less that for a 4runner with a V6 a Toyota with the same engine size like 4runner or Land cruiser will give you the same mileage.

Enjoy the v8 don't go chasing unicorns a v6 SUV will only do 2 mpg better on average

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by dany4life(m): 11:32am On May 12, 2017
Readonee35L:
@sultaan
That car is definitely faulty.
His mechanics might have tortured it.
Any American vehicle I'm Nigeria is definitely kazeemized.
I'm sure his fans are running directly because his mechanic told him the car will overheat.
Both Oxygen sensors might be gone.
Catalyst missing.
And his car might not be running efficiently . E.g engine misfire
Caused by dead spark plugs or coil.
Dirty injection nozzles.
E.t.c
I won't be quick to judge that car.

Op should snap his dashboard and show us.
And also scan the car.

So many cars in Nigeria are evil.
I've seen so many 2015 venza, Camry , Corolla and Accord with warning lights , you start wondering if the engine is even running
Because such lights should only be seen when you turn on the ignition..

the vehicle is badly misfirering sometimes it goes too low that it will go off while am trying to slow down and sometimes when i want to go on revise from drive as I move the gear from drive to neutral before engaging it on revise gear it fires so high that i have to wait some seconds for the fire to come down before i engage the revise but when i starts the vehicle from cold it doesnt go high that way,
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by dany4life(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2017
For the dashboard the only check engine light or warning that do come up is "check your guage" and when I check I will see that The oil gauge is down on L as if the oil is low and after a time again it will go up again to normal

Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by sultaan(m): 5:10pm On May 12, 2017
dany4life:

The problem with most users here is they start a thread with a simple issue, fail/intentionally to omit any previous tampering by mechanics and other more serious issues.

You need to restart your thread from the beginning what you did when it started what other symptoms the whole truth plus pictures of the engine bay so we tell you why to look at also check the engine oil level.

If the engine oil level is good you may need a new oil pressure sensor like the one in this thread I had to replace if you lucky if not you might have sludge build up open the oil cap and take pic of the inside of oil cap

YouTube jeep key dance and follow the direction to scan your car post the codes here, do not drive the jeep with no engine oil if oil is low change oil and filter with the right oil weight 5 w30
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by dany4life(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2017
sultaan:

The problem with most users here is they start a thread with a simple issue, fail/intentionally to omit any previous tampering by mechanics and other more serious issues.

You need to restart your thread from the beginning what you did when it started what other symptoms the whole truth plus pictures of the engine bay so we tell you why to look at also check the engine oil level.

If the engine oil level is good you may need a new oil pressure sensor like the one in this thread I had to replace if you lucky if not you might have sludge build up open the oil cap and take pic of the inside of oil cap

YouTube jeep key dance and follow the direction to scan your car post the codes here, do not drive the jeep with no engine oil if oil is low change oil and filter with the right oil weight 5 w30
I reported what I just Noticed it was not as if it was omission as you asserted, and added it to my comment, whats needed is helpfull comments, solutions to permanently solve this problem thank you for your well thought out, experience and professional viewpoints on this topic and thread please let's give it our utmost push. Kind regards!!!!
Re: Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, Is Consuming A Lot Of Fuel 20 Lit by sultaan(m): 3:49pm On May 15, 2017
dany4life:
I reported what I just Noticed it was not as if it was omission as you asserted, and added it to my comment, whats needed is helpfull comments, solutions to permanently solve this problem thank you for your well thought out, experience and professional viewpoints on this topic and thread please let's give it our utmost push. Kind regards!!!!

At no point in your earlier post did you say you 'just noticed' and the way you give information will lead to disaster focusing on just the inconvenient part of owning a V8.

I will repeat myself again start from the beginning
1, when you got the jeep, how long before these issues started.

2, current oil level,what type, condition, and how long it has been used by you.

3, any previous mechanic visit, mileage of the car and condition of the air filter

4, can you hear any sound like hissing or air leak in your engine bay while the engine is running and the leak is why I asked for pictures of the engine to show you the hoses to look at. Mine happened when I connected air line wrong
https://www.nairaland.com/2706842/lets-diagnose-grand-cherokee-issue

You will learn if you look no road side mechanic around you know more about that jeep than you do

And please YouTube the jeep key dance to get proper diagnosis, if you don't do the key dance everything I say or do is a guess that method tells you exactly what the car says is wrong with it

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2005 Brain Box Wires Melted And Burnt The Brain Box / Engine Swap / BAIC's Huansu Auto Unveil Huansu C60 Hyosow,A Lamborghini Urus Clone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.