Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up (17825 Views)

Breaking: DSS Arrests Ifeanyi Ubah Over N11b Oil Theft / Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House / Ifeanyi Ubah's Car Gift To Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia's Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Flashreporters: 4:28am On May 09, 2017
The chairman of Capital Oil and Gas limited, Andy Ubah has described his arrest by the Department of State Services as a complete attempt to blackmail him.

The oil magnate said the claim by the DSS that he was involved in theft of petrol kept by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, in his tank farm in Lagos was a wrong accusation.

The agency on Friday picked up Ubah over his connection with the missing petroleum product, which was valued at over N11bn.

The department said Ubah’s action amounted to economic sabotage, with “capacity to negatively impact on national economy”.

Reacting, however, in a statement issued on Monday and obtained by DAILY POST, Ubah said his arrest by the DSS was a breach of his fundamental right to liberty, freedom of movement and association.

The statement signed by the management of the company said all the allegations leveled against their boss, Ubah were false and unfounded.

The statement reads in full.

The incarceration of our Chairman by DSS is unlawful, a disregard for the rule of law and a breach of Dr. Ubah’s fundamental right to liberty, freedom of movement and association.

A similar invitation was extended to Dr. Ubah on the 24th of March 2017, which he honoured as a law-abiding citizen only to be detained in DSS offices in Abuja for almost a month.

During that period a Fundamental Rights Enforcement Application was brought on behalf of Dr. Ubah at the Federal High Court Lagos as Suit No. FHC/L/C/487/2017.

Although an order was made for his production in court in that action, rather than obey the order, officers DSS, using a combination of coercion and cajoling, constrained him to discontinue that action upon an understanding that he would be immediately released. He was not released until over two weeks after he had complied and completely discontinued that action.

Upon his release on the 13th of April 2017, it was now discovered that during his incarceration he had been coerced into executing various documents committing the company to make certain payments and pledge some assets to NNPC Retail Limited. He was also made to execute a document in favour of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).

As soon as his doctors permitted access to him an action was brought at the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court seeking, inter alia, an order to restrain DSS and others from further inviting, arresting or threatening to arrest or detain him in regard to the NNPC/NNPC Retail Ltd matters.

The processes originating the new action filed as Suit No. FHC/L/CS/644/2017, were served on the DSS on the 28th of April 2017.

Dr. Ubah’s lawyers wrote to the DSS pointing out that any preemption of the judicial intervention during the pendency of the new action is totally irregular, a disregard of the rule of law, the constitutional guarantees of separation of powers and breach of the doctrine of Lis Pendens.

Rather than respect its constitutional and statutory limits the DSS has brazenly abducted Dr. Ubah and commenced a media blitz to justify their illegality.

THE ACCUSATIONS OF THEFT AND ECONOMIC SABOTAGE ARE COMPLETELY FALSE.

For the avoidance of doubt and to put the records straight, NNPC owes Capital Oil & Gas Industries Limited over N16 billion represented as follows:

$5,540,000 (N2.2billion) – unpaid berthing fees for NNPC vessels that called at our Jetty

$2,952,555 (N1billion) – invoice for chartered vessels to carryout STS operations Lagos offshore to ferry product (PMS) to storage at the request of NNPC since 2015

N1.170billion – amount owed to Capital Oil & Gas Industries Limited for throughput services from March to October 2016

N3.146billion – payment made to NNPC for 26,820million litres of PMS vide Pro-forma Invoice No. 53598 which is yet to be delivered to us

N2.0billion – Payment to NNPC in April to facilitate the release of the Managing Director and engender reconciliation which NNPC reneged on.

N6.266billion – N0.80k and N0.40 Jetty Throughput charge on over 7 billion liters dispensed for NNPC by us.

On economic sabotage, it is unimaginable that a company which has stood by NNPC and by extension the country at very critical petroleum supply crises can now be accused of engaging in activities to undermine the effective distribution of petroleum products across the country having thwarted a nationwide industrial action called by oil marketers during the epic inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://flashreporters.com/2017/05/09/n11bn-oil-scam-dss-trying-blackmail-ifeanyi-ubah-finally-opens/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by HungerBAD: 4:29am On May 09, 2017
Akuko is an Igbo word that means STORY.

23 Likes

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Aufbauh(m): 4:33am On May 09, 2017
Blackmail ko, backlash ni. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Dilijingsly(m): 4:35am On May 09, 2017
HungerBAD:
Akuko is an Igbo word that means STORY.
ezi okwu
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by shortgun(m): 5:34am On May 09, 2017
We all know that the DSS under the the dullard and BMC are instruments of blackmail,propaganda, oppression and smear campaign against the opposition.

This is a man that sold kerosene to poor Nigerians at N50/l while other marketers while selling for N150/l and today he is accused of economic sabotage?

They should continue sowing the seed of discord in this country.... Until one day.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Drenix(m): 7:27am On May 09, 2017
God heal dis kwontiri

2 Likes

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Arsenalholic1: 7:27am On May 09, 2017
shortgun:
We all know that the DSS under the the dullard and BMC are instruments of blackmail,propaganda, oppression and smear campaign against the opposition.

This is a man that sold kerosene to poor Nigerians at N50/l while other marketers while selling for N150/l and today he is accused of economic sabotage?

They should continue sowing the seed of discord in this country.... Until one day.

...the hunter will become the hunted.

On that day, these polithiefians and uncouth security forces will know that there are many lowkey Anthony Joshua in Nigeria. Until that day...

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 7:27am On May 09, 2017
angry
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by olaezebala: 7:27am On May 09, 2017
the way these people think en, who will steal what is kept in his/her custody ?

Only government officials do this like Amaechi and babachair.

19 Likes

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Sunnycliff(m): 7:27am On May 09, 2017
Unnecessary blackmail. Because he has refused to join APC

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by emeijeh(m): 7:28am On May 09, 2017
This country sef....
Accusations and counter-accusations

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by oyetunder(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2017
K
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by iVentHub(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2017
Nigeria, new day new script.
See what this overwhelmed groom presented his Bride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z59NI-4ybRs
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Mopolchi: 7:29am On May 09, 2017
okay. let watch how this tale by moonlight will end.
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by callydon(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2017
Capital Oil and NNPC dispute - Capital Oil and Gas Ind. Ltd. accuses DSS of attempts to criminalize commercial dispute

http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2017/05/capital-oil-and-nnpc-dispute-capital.html

1 Like

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by bankyblue(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2017
So?
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by clefstone(m): 7:30am On May 09, 2017
Daura secret service at it again

4 Likes

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by harffie(m): 7:30am On May 09, 2017
sad
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by highchief1: 7:30am On May 09, 2017
Flashreporters:
The chairman of Capital Oil and Gas limited, Andy Ubah has described his arrest by the Department of State Services as a complete attempt to blackmail him.

The oil magnate said the claim by the DSS that he was involved in theft of petrol kept by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, in his tank farm in Lagos was a wrong accusation.

The agency on Friday picked up Ubah over his connection with the missing petroleum product, which was valued at over N11bn.

The department said Ubah’s action amounted to economic sabotage, with “capacity to negatively impact on national economy”.

Reacting, however, in a statement issued on Monday and obtained by DAILY POST, Ubah said his arrest by the DSS was a breach of his fundamental right to liberty, freedom of movement and association.

The statement signed by the management of the company said all the allegations leveled against their boss, Ubah were false and unfounded.

The statement reads in full.

The incarceration of our Chairman by DSS is unlawful, a disregard for the rule of law and a breach of Dr. Ubah’s fundamental right to liberty, freedom of movement and association.

A similar invitation was extended to Dr. Ubah on the 24th of March 2017, which he honoured as a law-abiding citizen only to be detained in DSS offices in Abuja for almost a month.

During that period a Fundamental Rights Enforcement Application was brought on behalf of Dr. Ubah at the Federal High Court Lagos as Suit No. FHC/L/C/487/2017.

Although an order was made for his production in court in that action, rather than obey the order, officers DSS, using a combination of coercion and cajoling, constrained him to discontinue that action upon an understanding that he would be immediately released. He was not released until over two weeks after he had complied and completely discontinued that action.

Upon his release on the 13th of April 2017, it was now discovered that during his incarceration he had been coerced into executing various documents committing the company to make certain payments and pledge some assets to NNPC Retail Limited. He was also made to execute a document in favour of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).

As soon as his doctors permitted access to him an action was brought at the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court seeking, inter alia, an order to restrain DSS and others from further inviting, arresting or threatening to arrest or detain him in regard to the NNPC/NNPC Retail Ltd matters.

The processes originating the new action filed as Suit No. FHC/L/CS/644/2017, were served on the DSS on the 28th of April 2017.

Dr. Ubah’s lawyers wrote to the DSS pointing out that any preemption of the judicial intervention during the pendency of the new action is totally irregular, a disregard of the rule of law, the constitutional guarantees of separation of powers and breach of the doctrine of Lis Pendens.

Rather than respect its constitutional and statutory limits the DSS has brazenly abducted Dr. Ubah and commenced a media blitz to justify their illegality.

THE ACCUSATIONS OF THEFT AND ECONOMIC SABOTAGE ARE COMPLETELY FALSE.

For the avoidance of doubt and to put the records straight, NNPC owes Capital Oil & Gas Industries Limited over N16 billion represented as follows:

$5,540,000 (N2.2billion) – unpaid berthing fees for NNPC vessels that called at our Jetty

$2,952,555 (N1billion) – invoice for chartered vessels to carryout STS operations Lagos offshore to ferry product (PMS) to storage at the request of NNPC since 2015

N1.170billion – amount owed to Capital Oil & Gas Industries Limited for throughput services from March to October 2016

N3.146billion – payment made to NNPC for 26,820million litres of PMS vide Pro-forma Invoice No. 53598 which is yet to be delivered to us

N2.0billion – Payment to NNPC in April to facilitate the release of the Managing Director and engender reconciliation which NNPC reneged on.

N6.266billion – N0.80k and N0.40 Jetty Throughput charge on over 7 billion liters dispensed for NNPC by us.

On economic sabotage, it is unimaginable that a company which has stood by NNPC and by extension the country at very critical petroleum supply crises can now be accused of engaging in activities to undermine the effective distribution of petroleum products across the country having thwarted a nationwide industrial action called by oil marketers during the epic inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://flashreporters.com/2017/05/09/n11bn-oil-scam-dss-trying-blackmail-ifeanyi-ubah-finally-opens/
eya knowing that anambra elections are almost here and his a major contender this will affect his ambition.

2 Likes

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by chronique(m): 7:31am On May 09, 2017
Nigeria is a Banana Republic. The DSS has never been this useless until buhari became president. Dss is now an ajese poki-poki agency, that does all the jobs of all the security agencies. Very soon, they would soon add traffic warden and vio and roadsafety Operations to their work.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by kulboy247(m): 7:32am On May 09, 2017
useless country, ifeanyi ubah iz now a criminal abi?? useless pple nigeria can never be better under dix dullard

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Everblazinggg(f): 7:32am On May 09, 2017
16 billion minus 10 billion equals to 6 billion. So NNPC is made to balance Ifeanyi ubah and not the other way round.

83% of Nigeria's oil block is owned by northerners.

All this na still playing to the gallery Till this DSS arrests danjuma, mohammed indimi and other northern saboteurs

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by bastien: 7:32am On May 09, 2017
Naija which way
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by calberian: 7:32am On May 09, 2017
When two elephants are fighting, it's the grass that suffers from the mêlée.

I have no more to say.
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Chukazu: 7:33am On May 09, 2017
So the federal government is afraid of the crooks at NNPC and preferred to witch hunt some else

I have always wondered how NNPC management can be innocent of such drama

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by DonCortino: 7:33am On May 09, 2017
The vulture and his islamic evil party have since soiled the so called anti corruption war by making it partisan and selective. Even if a real corrupt criminal is arrested he/she can claim blackmail since d anti corruption fighting tools efcc/dss have their hands dirty already.

4 Likes

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:33am On May 09, 2017
K

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Klington: 7:34am On May 09, 2017
DSS has not been fair in almost all their dealings under pmp administration......... There may be some iota of truth in his claims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 7:34am On May 09, 2017
THEIVES WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by demarc001: 7:34am On May 09, 2017
Twist of fate
Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by 4peace(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2017
KARMA is really a b1tch.

Whatever you sow, you shall reap.

How I which you guys know this man a little bit,

Most of you would have destroyed some of his property.

6 Likes

Re: N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up by AngelicBeing: 7:36am On May 09, 2017
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Economy Will Blossom, Says Dangote / How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria / Nigeria One Of The Fastest Growing Economy Globally – US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.