Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,258 members, 7,853,284 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:41 PM

OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. (3166 Views)

10 Former Governors Who May Suffer Orji Uzor Kalu’s Fate / Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. / Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Amoto94(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2017
The OP raised an important important issue instead of Biafran supporters to refute him with facts they resorted to Afonja this and Afonja that. This is not how to convince others by throwing tantrums devoid of any meaningful thoughts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by rainylad(f): 7:29am On May 09, 2017
...Afonjazzys up to no good as usual....You all are wasting your time...Stop poke-nosing in Igbo affairs and go tend to your relatiinship with muslim hausa-fulani..Which kind obsession be this bikonu??..The Biafran agitation has gone further than you all know or can imagine..It is beyond your control.

....Some So-called 'Southern Minorities' are major players in IPOB and this agitation believe it or not...I am here in PH and i know whats up...same way all Igbos are not in support as well..

..But when jungle mature,all man will align and seek aliances..no two ways about it..

...The noise on the internet is different from realities on ground...On the internet,afonjazzy's can masquerade as SS to spill trash..but off-line?..hmmm different kettle of fish..i rest my case

10 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Nwakaumu(m): 7:30am On May 09, 2017
In other News:Herdsmen have taken over 12 LGA in Benue state_: Ortom cries out. Where are Afonja/yoruba who are protecting minority tribe?Agatu people of Idoma need your help Asap.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by rainylad(f): 7:32am On May 09, 2017
Amoto94:
The OP raised an important important issue instead of Biafran supporters to refute him with facts they resorted to Afonja this and Afonja that. This is not how to convince others by throwing tantrums devoid of any meaningful thoughts.

...No one has the time to convince anyone because we know your mission,besides this topic is an over-flogged one..Mind your business and go chart your own future..simple.

6 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by rainylad(f): 7:33am On May 09, 2017
Nwakaumu:
In other News:Herdsmen have taken over 12 LGA in Benue state_: Ortom cries out. Where are Afonja/yoruba who are protecting minority tribe?Agatu people of Idoma need your help Asap.

...As in i tireooo...You will never see them there.

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by EmeeNaka: 7:41am On May 09, 2017
wristbangle:

GEJ was removed due to his clueless way of leadership and corruption attained highest ceilings under his very nose. He is just too weak to clamp the feathers of vulture who destroyed his administration.

PMB is not living up to Nigerians expectation either and by 2019 if the stride continues, he will be booted out of power.

To be honest kindly recall the price of oil when GEJ was in government compare to the current administration. You suppose to know which one has better management.
Opposition against GEJ by Yorubas and North started right after 2011 election and culminated to a wild protest against Subsidy removal in Jan 2012 less than a year into his tenure but you're still considering of changing/not changing PMB even after noting that he has performed below expectations and 2years into his four year term and non of you protested after he removed petrol subsidy.Yoruba and North opposed GEJ because of hate not because of corruption.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Amoto94(m): 7:51am On May 09, 2017
rainylad:

...No one has the time to convince anyone because we know your mission,besides this topic is an over-flogged one..Mind your business and go chart your own future..simple.
The topic is not an over flogged one reason been that those at the forefront of the movement have refused to disabuse the minds of those having doubts about what they stand to gain if Biafran agitators achieved their aim. As for charting my own future what if I say you should mind your business like you've retorted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by kherington: 7:54am On May 09, 2017
Amoto94:
anybody that disagrees with those online thugs is branded an afonja or fulani i have told some of them to conduct a referendum in the niger delta the outcome will be mind blowing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by SlayerForever: 7:56am On May 09, 2017
hisgrace090:
If you see how the governorship position is rotating among the igbo state you will find out that the Igbo's are not that selfish generally.
They hv some if not the greatest level of accommodating spirit in Nigeria.

See me ooooo. Where have you seen the Igbo fighting because of electoral position?! It is rotated without the slightest hitch. The person who wrote this thrash is a big fool. Obtuse stupidity and lack of a proper education is a huge problem for many people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by rainylad(f): 7:57am On May 09, 2017
Amoto94:
The topic is not an over flogged one reason been that those at the forefront of the movement have refused to disabuse the minds of those having doubts about what they stand to gain if Biafran agitators achieved their aim. As for charting my own future what if I say you should mind your business like you've retorted.

...Okay dont mind your business,wait for Biafran agitators to come explain things to you..They are on their wayundecided

7 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Nobody: 7:59am On May 09, 2017
kherington:

anybody that disagrees with those online thugs is branded an afonja or fulani i have told some of them to conduct a referendum in the niger delta the outcome will be mind blowing
i wonder how you came to the conclusion that the outcome will be mind blowing how much research have you done?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Amoto94(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2017
rainylad:

...Okay dont mind your business,wait for Biafran agitators to come explain things to you..They are on their wayundecided
Another defeatist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Amoto94(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2017
kherington:

It is a mentality of a defeatist so to say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Nobody: 8:15am On May 09, 2017
kherington:

They don't know that the more they refer to us as what we are not, the more we see them as clueless mofos whose only reason for attaching to us by force is the God given wealth that we possess and they envy.
It's not our fault that the SE is a barren landlocked enclave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Nobody: 8:16am On May 09, 2017
wristbangle:

APC and PDP are the same crooks. I am an advocate of good governance and so far none of our leaders have met that expectation
We can start a movement for restructuring and total revamping of the constitution if you are truly honest....
Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by etebefia: 8:23am On May 09, 2017
The writer is correct, freedom is not served on a platter, whoever needs freedom should fight for freedom, the Biafra agitations have been 98% igbo thing, if eventually achieved, people who didn't receive any scratch will come to direct how things go? The minorities are not needed, I think Biafra will be more successful without the so called minorities. Everyone should answer his father's name. However who told the writer that Igbos are greedy and power hungry can the person prove the claim with facts? How many electoral violence happens in the east like in the north, how many political assassination happens in the east like in the West, how many times have you heard about power tussle in the east like you hear in the north and west?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by wristbangle: 8:23am On May 09, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Opposition against GEJ by Yorubas and North started right after 2011 election and culminated to a wild protest against Subsidy removal in Jan 2012 less than a year into his tenure but you're still considering of changing/not changing PMB even after noting that he has performed below expectations and 2years into his four year term and non of you protested after he removed petrol subsidy. Yoruba and North opposed GEJ because of hate not because of corruption.

Your argument is not valid. Have you forgotten the subsidy removal protest was nationwide?

Yoruba opposed him because of his poor performance and we will do the same for PMB if things remain the way it is now. Despite PMB woeful grade in governance, it's still a bit better than GEJ whom during his era, oil peaked at $140 per barrel but couldn't even do meaningful infrastructures that commensurate with oil revenue.

We clamour for good governance and if it means turning our back on whom we supported, it doesn't make us backstabbers, it's just exercising one's right to enjoy dividend of democracy.

Igbos are not sound in politics but we can give it to u people in business. You play politics with too much emotions hence why you are politically insignificant.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by rainylad(f): 8:28am On May 09, 2017
wristbangle:

Your argument is not valid. Have you forgotten the subsidy removal protest was nationwide?

Yoruba opposed him because of his poor performance and we will do the same for PMB for he fails to performs as well.

We clamour for good governance and if it means turning our back on whom we supported, it doesn't make us backstabbers, it's just exercising one's right to enjoy dividend of democracy.

Igbos are not sound in politics but we can give it to u people in business. You play politics with too much emotions hence why you are politically insignificant.

...How are your people(i suppose you are Yoruba) better in Politics than Igbos)...and since when??...

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by wristbangle: 8:28am On May 09, 2017
blues20:

We can start a movement for restructuring and total revamping of the constitution if you are truly honest....

Okay. How can we?

rainylad:

...How are your people(i suppose you are Yoruba) better in Politics than Igbos...and since when??...

Dear if I may ask, Aside Okorocha who took the bold step under APC primary election for presidential role since the advent of democracy, have u seen an igbo man boldly coming out to contest?

Perhaps it's due to biafra lullaby that you people are withholding back but your leaders who suppose to seek for the referendum ain't doing anything.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by jude90(m): 8:46am On May 09, 2017
why are you people so worried about Biafra when also believed that it can not achieved.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by rainylad(f): 8:49am On May 09, 2017
wristbangle:

Okay. How can we?

Dear if I may ask, Aside Okorocha who took the bold step under APC primary election for presidential role since the advent of democracy, have u seen an igbo man boldly coming out to contest?

Perhaps it's due to biafra lullaby that you people are withholding back but your leaders who suppose to seek for the referendum ain't doing anything.

...So its all about 'selfish' interest to better oneself,family members and to a small extent, tribe,and not the good of all??..how has your people's clamour for Presidency benefitted Igbos and other tribes in this country who are not Yorubas??...if not to perpetuate age-old injustices,plunging this country further into crisis.

...It is this greed for power for the sake of it that has has destroyed this country and necessitated the need for the actualisation of Biafra...

...You can keep mentioning Biafra with a tongue in cheek,but best believe that Nigeria has a date with destiny..Good Morning.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by byteem: 8:54am On May 09, 2017
WE HAVE TOLD THEM TIME AND TIME AGAIN .. THEIR Biafra IS ONLY RESTRICTED TO THE FIVE EASTERN STATES ..

IMO . ABIA . ANAMBRA . EBONYI AND ENUGU...

THEY SHOULD STOP DECEIVING THEMSELVES THAT DELTA, EDO RIVERS CROSS RIVER AND AKWAIBOM ARE PART OF BAIFRA.. THATS A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by Curlieweed: 8:55am On May 09, 2017
rainylad:

...How are your people(i suppose you are Yoruba) better in Politics than Igbos)...and since when??...

There is nothing like restructuring. That ship has sailed.

Moreover, it's a mathematical impossibility to achieve any kind of equitable restructuring with current lopsided structure where you have 19 states (plus the FCT) in the North (from one region at independence) and 17 states ( from the 2) in the South. This means you have 190 representatives for one region and 170 for the two.

This means that one region has an effective veto on any restructuring. That is why equitable restructuring can never be achieved constitutionally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by wristbangle: 9:02am On May 09, 2017
rainylad:

...So its all about 'selfish' interest to better oneself,family members and to a small extent, tribe,and not the good of all??..how has your people's clamour for Presidency benefitted Igbos and other tribes in this country who are not Yorubas??...if not to perpetuate age-old injustices,plunging this country further into crisis.

...It is this greed for power for the sake of it that has has destroyed this country and necessitated the need for the actualisation of Biafra...

...You can keep mentioning Biafra with a tongue in cheek,but best believe that Nigeria has a date with destiny..Good Morning.

The Greed for power is happening in all geo-political zones in Nigeria. You can see such occurrence during gubernatorial and local government election in your region which is the basis why I will not agree with the words in italics.

I pray the bolded happens fast. Good morning too

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by rainylad(f): 9:05am On May 09, 2017
Curlieweed:

There is nothing like restructuring. That ship has sailed.

Moreover, it's a mathematical impossibility to achieve any kind of equitable restructuring with current lopsided structure where you have 19 states (plus the FCT) in the North (from one region at independence) and 17 states ( from the 2) in the South. This means you have 190 representatives for one region and 170 for the two.

This means that one region has an effective veto on any restructuring. That is why equitable restructuring can never be achieved constitutionally.

.....So what do you suggest??..i prefer secession to be honest.
Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by EmeeNaka: 9:31am On May 09, 2017
wristbangle:

Yoruba opposed him because of his poor performance and we will do the same for PMB if things remain the way it is now. Despite PMB woeful grade in governance, it's still a bit better than GEJ whom during his era, oil peaked at $140 per barrel but couldn't even do meaningful infrastructures that commensurate with oil revenue.

2012 Subsidy protest was nationwide or Yorubawide? It was North and West that protested against GEJ in 2012 less than a year into his 4years term and has since kept mum after PMB woeful government to the extent that most of your leaders has refused to criticize PMB till date. It has nothing to do with development, there is a feeling among Yorubas that their son is Vice president and may take over if Buhari succumb to his health challenge. It's just an emotional politics. Mind you, politics in Nigeria has nothing to do with development but emotions. So Igbos are right in their own political pursuit.
Igbos are not politically insignificant. Igbos are governor in 7states of Nigeria. With many igbos in National Assembly and some in Federal Executive Council. So, you should just go and sit down.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by wristbangle: 9:42am On May 09, 2017
EmeeNaka:
2012 Subsidy protest was nationwide or Yorubawide? It was North and West that protested against GEJ in 2012 less than a year into his 4years term and has since kept mum after PMB woeful government to the extent that most of your leaders has the got to criticize PMB till date. It has nothing to do with development, there is a feeling among Yorubas that their son is Vice president and may take over if Buhari succumb to his health challenge. It's just an emotional politics. Mind you, politics in Nigeria has nothing to do with development but emotions. So Igbos are right in their own political pursuit.
Igbos are not politically insignificant. Igbos are governor in 7states of Nigeria. With many igbos in National Assembly and some in Federal Executive Council. So, you should just go and sit down.

Just hear yourself out. When fayose and FFK criticised/still criticising PMB, you guys bestowed a traditional title of them and please whose tribe are they?

The subsidy issue was a nationwide protest my friend. There are more than enough sources to support this claim. Between the grand protest of it which happened at gani fawehinmi gardens at Ojota saw all tribes kicking against it. .

Igbos are politically insignificant because you don't know how to strategise. You play politics of emotion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by izombie(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2017
Ekinematics:

They don't know that the more they refer to us as what we are not, the more we see them as clueless mofos whose only reason for attaching to us by force is the God given wealth that we possess and they envy.
It's not our fault that the SE is a barren landlocked enclave.
this is what makes me angry, south east is a landlocked barren enclave but you still go about telling the people of the so called landlocked enclave not to leave you to your God given wealth. You call us names, you say we dirty the nigerian name outside but still everyday you guys create a lot of topics on here giving us advise on why we shouldn't leave nigeria or why biafra will not succeed on its own. You people just love to hate igbos for no reason. We want out of this nigeria,period.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by izombie(m): 10:23am On May 09, 2017
wristbangle:

Just hear yourself out. When fayose and FFK criticised/still criticising PMB, you guys bestowed a traditional title of them and please whose tribe are they?

The subsidy issue was a nationwide protest my friend. There are more than enough sources to support this claim. Between the grand protest of it which happened at gani fawehinmi gardens at Ojota saw all tribes kicking against it. .

Igbos are politically insignificant because you don't know how to strategise. You play politics of emotion.
you that is politically significant, how has that helped you? You depend on government for everything, you depend on tinubu to tell you who to vote for. I am an igbo man to the core and i am pretty sure that one on one, i can best you in anything. Same goes to the rest of you. You've had the presidency and the VP but do your people live better life than the igbos? Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by wristbangle: 10:33am On May 09, 2017
izombie:
you that is politically significant, how has that helped you? You depend on government for everything, you depend on tinubu to tell you who to vote for. I am an igbo man to the core and i am pretty sure that one on one, i can best you in anything. Same goes to the rest of you. You've had the presidency and the VP but do your people live better life than the igbos? Nonsense.

Okay chestbeater cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by izombie(m): 11:46am On May 09, 2017
wristbangle:

Okay chestbeater cool
its not chestbeating if you can back it up. Leave igbos alone.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. by kherington: 11:58am On May 09, 2017
Amoto94:
It is a mentality of a defeatist so to say.
yes mentality of lazy chestbeaters

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Support Referendum For Biafrans - Members Of British Parliament / So NAFDAC New Afonja DG Schooled In UNN / BREAKING News:justice Onnoghen Remains Nigeria's, Chief Justice. - NJC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.