Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode (12806 Views)

Why Smartphone Batteries Explode And How To Prevent It / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN / Power Banks Are Not True With Their Battery Capacity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by Nobody: 10:52am On May 09, 2017
is there no shop in the whole of lagos that sells a durable and reliable power bank? the powerbanks i have been seeing all have false claims of mah on their casing
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by Bubblewitch: 11:21am On May 09, 2017
prettyboi1989:
is there no shop in the whole of lagos that sells a durable and reliable power bank? the powerbanks i have been seeing all have false claims of mah on their casing
romoss is d best, followed by opsson others are just dere, don't try new age oo or fil they are not good.. my romoss I have been using for d past 6months and it still works like magic
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by Nobody: 11:34am On May 09, 2017
Bubblewitch:
romoss is d best, followed by opsson others are just dere, don't try new age oo or fil they are not good.. my romoss I have been using for d past 6months and it still works like magic
bt its diffucult to find romoss in any shop in lagos
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by ewizard1: 11:34am On May 09, 2017
Hayormeah:

Really? Those who repair phones can help?
I fix Charging port for N1500... If you're in Lagos, you can come down to my spot to get it done!
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by bellenornor(f): 12:59pm On May 09, 2017
Hayormeah:

Really? Those who repair phones can help?
Sure.
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:17pm On May 09, 2017
Romoss is still the best. Got the 10000mAh solo 5 more than a month ago and it's still working well. I got it for N6500.
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:23pm On May 09, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I had this powerbank and used it for the weeks I was in the NYSC orientation campy. How e come lost as I came back home, I no know. Maybe na God save me from explosion! Baba, You too much!

1 Like

Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by emeraldknytt(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2017
prettyboi1989:

Fil power bank is crap, i bought one with a label of 20,000mah on it but it cant charge my 4500 mah battery twice from 0 to 100.
I guess you must have seen the part where I said 'Original' cos unscrupulous individuals will stop at nothing to make clones off the original. More so, quite a number of power bank users do not know how to conceptualize the process of a powerbank. If you operate your phone while charging it from the power bank, the strain is on the power bank not your phone's battery and a phone of that battery capacity cannot take its fill that easily.
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 09, 2017
emeraldknytt:
I guess you must have seen the part where I said 'Original' cos unscrupulous individuals will stop at nothing to make clones off the original. More so, quite a number of power bank users do not know how its concept. If you operate your phone while charging it from the power bank, the strain is on the power bank not your phone's battery and a phone of that battery capacity cannot take its fill that easily.
m nt sure that there's really a way to tell a fake powerbank from a real one because the one that looks real appears bulgy in size to indicate more battery cells are present in it.
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:51pm On May 09, 2017
IdeeEsperanza:

I had this powerbank and used it for the weeks I was in the NYSC orientation campy. How e come lost as I came back home, I no know. Maybe na God save me from explosion! Baba, You too much!
Hehehe.. God works in mysterious ways.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by Hayormeah(f): 2:22pm On May 09, 2017
bellenornor:

Sure.

Thanks....
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by emeraldknytt(m): 2:56pm On May 09, 2017
prettyboi1989:

m nt sure that there's really a way to tell a fake powerbank from a real one because the one that looks real appears bulgy in size to indicate more battery cells are present in it.
True but not always the case. These guys(bad eggs) have upped their game too, now they fill up their bogus powerbank with heavy rubbish to simulate the weightiness of an original one. What I'll recommend is that you have a trusted dealer and stick to him/her. Should an undesirable situation set in, you can always talk him/her into replacing it for you.
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 09, 2017
emeraldknytt:
True but not always the case. These guys(bad eggs) have upped their game too, now they fill up their bogus powerbank with heavy rubbish to simulate the weightiness of an original one. What I'll recommend is that you have a trusted dealer and stick to him/her. Should an undesirable situation set in, you can always talk him/her into replacing it for you.
umm alright
Re: 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode by mayorall(m): 4:26am On May 11, 2017
prettyboi1989:

bt its diffucult to find romoss in any shop in lagos

Available in lagos very well

https://www.nairaland.com/1831348/romoss-sense-6p-6-plus/46

22, abeokuta street, off awolowo way, anifowoshe, Ikeja.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Telcos Lose 4 Million Subscribers In One Month / NTEL Nova; A Feature Phone With 4g/volte - Discussion Thread / Itel Lists Apps And Features Of The A70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.