Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa (1300 Views)

Adegboruwa: Wike Has No Legal Authority To Confiscate Citizens Properties / Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos / You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:22am On May 10, 2017
Legal practitioner, Ebun-olu
Adegboruwa, has called for the
impeachment of President
Muhammadu Buhari “for gross
misconduct”. Adegboruwa said this in a statement
on Wednesday. He spoke in reaction to Buhari’s letter
to the Senate. The content read by President of the
Senate, Bukola Saraki, at the plenary on
Tuesday, has come under
condemnations. It read: “In compliance with Section
145 (1) of the 1999 Constitution (as
amended), I wish to inform the
distinguished Senate that I will be
away for a scheduled medical follow-
up with my doctors in London. The length of my stay will be determined
by the doctor’s advice.
“While I am away, the Vice President
will coordinate the activities of the
government. Please accept, the
distinguished Senate President, the
assurances of my highest
consideration.” But Adegboruwa said “A coordinator is
a Person of equal status with others.
So, the Vee Pee cannot make
appointments or sack anybody while
the President is away. “He cannot discipline any erring
minister. He is limited in policy
decisions, as a coordinator
“He has no power of control over the
Cabal to whom the president has
handed over power, albeit illegally. “The chief of staff was recently
reported to have moved vital
documents away from Aso Villa. “In effect, Nigeria has no leader
presently. The existing office of Vee
Pee is no more. “The constitutionally crated office of
Acting President has been
circumscribed by the President. The
President is away on an indefinite
medical trip abroad. “The Senate lacks the power to
pronounce Osinbajo As Acting
President, without a WRITTEN
RESOLUTION of BOTH CHAMBERS of the
National Assembly, through a DECISION
taken on the FLOOR of both chambers. “The President cannot travel for
medical check up for an indefinite
period of time “The National Assembly should reject
the letter from the President. There is
therefore a serious constitutional crisis “Pro government lawyers and activists,
who have goaded the Buhari
administration into dubious and
reckless interpretations of the
Constitution in the past, should be held
responsible for the current crisis and all acts of impunity from Aso Villa “In all, the National Assembly should
commence impeachment proceedings
against the President, for gross
misconduct”.
www.dailypost.ng/2017/05/10/osinbajo-no-powers-coordinator-buhari-impeached-adegboruwa/

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2017
grin cheesy
Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by LionDeLeo: 9:25am On May 10, 2017
A legal practitioner that doesn't understand simple English, is that one a legal practitioner?

4 Likes

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by topgear(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2017
Nonsense
Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:30am On May 10, 2017
I pity the brown roofers. They think they know everything. They are citing the constitution, without taking into cognizance that those who crafted the letter know what they are doing. In the coming days, they and the dummy VP go hear am.

4 Likes

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by fearNORTH: 9:32am On May 10, 2017
Saaa
Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by SweetJoystick(m): 9:33am On May 10, 2017
A simple acting president delegate would have stopped all these rants.

2 Likes

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by buzquet(m): 9:37am On May 10, 2017
Which law school did she finished from? This shows the state of our nation

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by Built2last: 9:37am On May 10, 2017
"On assigning an unknown role and function to the vice-president as country coordinator by Buhari:
Here is my take.
By that letter to the Senate earlier today, Buhari, or whoever is supplanting him, is clever by half.
Buhari's government is simply peopled by unintelligent wanderers. All they are really interested in is how to hold power by every means possible: a basic, non-negotiable proclivity of the Fulanis, anyway.
It is foolhardy to import words into the constitution. When the constitution defines a role, that which is not defined cannot under any circumstances be brought upon it.
The intentment of section 145 of the 1999 constitution is clear and unambiguous to the extent that whenever the president transmits a letter to the Senate or House of Representatives declaring that he is proceeding on vacation or that he for any reason at all is unable to discharge his functions, by that very letter, the functions are to be discharged by the vice-president, and he shall do so as acting president.
It is useless and a bloody waste of time to import words into a clear provision of the constitution. It shows childish desperation. It reveals criminal intent. It is also in poor taste.
Fortunately, the constitution, in its inherent nature, abhors any extraneous implants and regards them as superfluous. The constitution also dismisses actions out of tandem with its clear provision as void and of no consequence.
Those who attempt to whittle down the clout of the vice-president by merely assigning him, in an indecorous manner, a role not known to Nigerian law, are just plain jokers.
To me, the job of a president includes coordinating the entire affairs of the nation but that is not the issue here: the issue is the cunning and selfish attempt to narrow the office to that of a coordinator; it is not. It is the acting president. That is the role known to the constitution!
So drop that stupid appellation. It obfuscates the constitution!
I'm not a fan of anyone in APC. To me, that party is a congregation of nimwitted desperados. An assemblage of past, present and continuous thieves. So, in effect, APC is really a present continuous malady to Nigeria. But, what I will not do, hate them as I do, is to stand aside and watch them bastardize the Nigerian constitution... something which they are well capable, dead to conscience as they are. In a bid to cling to power, the criminals at Aso would do anything. Just anything.
It was Frank Fanon who said, while condemning the deplorable segregation and degradation that held sway against the 'lower' beings in the caste system of India, that posterity will not treat with kindness those who shut up in cold complicity while evil triumphs.
I'm careful how posterity will rate me. I don't know about you. But we must speak up against the high- handedness, the cocky conceit, the overbearing, unceremonious peacockness, the unrefined, overgrasping temerity, and even the insolent hardihood of the Fulanis in Nigeria.
Enough is enough! Copied

3 Likes

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by malele(m): 9:38am On May 10, 2017
It was only an igbo senator that stood up for hi. I pity the youoba nation

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by kollynxofodile(m): 9:41am On May 10, 2017
None of the Senators from SW stood up to challenge this disgrace to democracy

This slavery thing is for real oooh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by SillyMods: 9:43am On May 10, 2017
This is another bitter soul. He needs to be de-robed.

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by SillyMods: 9:45am On May 10, 2017
Built2last:

"On assigning an unknown role and function to the vice-president as country coordinator by Buhari:
Here is my take.
By that letter to the Senate earlier today, Buhari, or whoever is supplanting him, is clever by half.
Buhari's government is simply peopled by unintelligent wanderers. All they are really interested in is how to hold power by every means possible: a basic, non-negotiable proclivity of the Fulanis, anyway.
It is foolhardy to import words into the constitution. When the constitution defines a role, that which is not defined cannot under any circumstances be brought upon it.
The intentment of section 145 of the 1999 constitution is clear and unambiguous to the extent that whenever the president transmits a letter to the Senate or House of Representatives declaring that he is proceeding on vacation or that he for any reason at all is unable to discharge his functions, by that very letter, the functions are to be discharged by the vice-president, and he shall do so as acting president.
It is useless and a bloody waste of time to import words into a clear provision of the constitution. It shows childish desperation. It reveals criminal intent. It is also in poor taste.
Fortunately, the constitution, in its inherent nature, abhors any extraneous implants and regards them as superfluous. The constitution also dismisses actions out of tandem with its clear provision as void and of no consequence.
Those who attempt to whittle down the clout of the vice-president by merely assigning him, in an indecorous manner, a role not known to Nigerian law, are just plain jokers.
To me, the job of a president includes coordinating the entire affairs of the nation but that is not the issue here: the issue is the cunning and selfish attempt to narrow the office to that of a coordinator; it is not. It is the acting president. That is the role known to the constitution!
So drop that stupid appellation. It obfuscates the constitution!
I'm not a fan of anyone in APC. To me, that party is a congregation of nimwitted desperados. An assemblage of past, present and continuous thieves. So, in effect, APC is really a present continuous malady to Nigeria. But, what I will not do, hate them as I do, is to stand aside and watch them bastardize the Nigerian constitution... something which they are well capable, dead to conscience as they are. In a bid to cling to power, the criminals at Aso would do anything. Just anything.
It was Frank Fanon who said, while condemning the deplorable segregation and degradation that held sway against the 'lower' beings in the caste system of India, that posterity will not treat with kindness those who shut up in cold complicity while evil triumphs.
I'm careful how posterity will rate me. I don't know about you. But we must speak up against the high- handedness, the cocky conceit, the overbearing, unceremonious peacockness, the unrefined, overgrasping temerity, and even the insolent hardihood of the Fulanis in Nigeria.
Enough is enough! Copied
Nonsense!

The constitution doesn't even require him to name anyone to act. The VP automatically becomes the Acting President once the president has transmitted the letter of his absence to NASS.

Osinbajo becoming Acting President does not depend on the strength or content of the president's letter BUT on actually sending a letter informing of his absence.

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by NOC1(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2017
why are you people maturbating on this issue. the constitution supersede all grammar.

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by bedspread: 9:48am On May 10, 2017
COORDINATING COORDINATOR OF THE ECONOMY

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by MaziOmenuko: 9:49am On May 10, 2017
Sebi I talk am?

sarrki, antiwailer, it is gradually coming to play; this will generate a lot of distractions; something that would have been otherwise avoided by simply stating facts.

Now, lawyers all over are going to be giving their own interpretations reading from the same constitution you all hold esteem.

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by Jesusloveyou: 9:50am On May 10, 2017
Oh no, the lawyer is really trying to do his work.
Did the feb letter declare osinbajo as acting President? It only stated to act on his behalf.
And this one also said coordinate government activities on his behalf.
So what is the extent of displaying ignoramus
Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by AntiWailer: 9:51am On May 10, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Sebi I talk am?

sarrki, antiwailer, it is gradually coming to play; this will generate a lot of distractions; something that would have been otherwise avoided by simply stating facts.

Now, lawyers all over are going to be giving their own interpretations reading from the same constitution you all hold esteem.

Check the lawyers.

Tompolo's lawyer

Check the Politicians FFK and Omokri

So they will interprete the constitution for Professor of Law.

Section 145 :
‘Whenever the President is proceeding on vacation or is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, he shall transmit a written declaration to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives to that effect, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, the Vice President SHALL perform the functions of the President as Acting President.’

Buhari cited that section of the constitution amd transmitted a letter

The section does not even empower him to mention anybody as acting President if not he could have nominated his wife or mentioned any other person.

As soon as that letter was read on the floor, the VP becomes the acting President AUTOMATICALLY until another letter comes in tindicating that the President is back.

The reason Jonathan had issues was because such letter does not exist and it led to a constituional crisis hence DOCTRINE of NECESSITY was invoked to be able to recognise the then VP as Acting President.

STOP looking for trouble where none exist.

When you mix hatred, mediocrity, ignorance and sentiments together, we will not know how to help you.

Pending the time we know what your problem is, we will assume it is just a combination of ignorance and mediocrity.

Ectremeely f00lish set of people.

" Never underestimate the power of f00lish people in large numbers"

Anonymous.
Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by ikdaddy01(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2017
.......as if the president too does not cordinate!
Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:57am On May 10, 2017
Buhari: Commissioner, you are now a coordinator

Veepee: Oga, na wetin me and my people sabi well well. chei, cee as my own don betta

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:01am On May 10, 2017
AntiWailer:

Check the lawyers.

Tompolo's lawyer

Section 145 :
‘Whenever the President is proceeding on vacation or is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, he shall transmit a written declaration to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives to that effect, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, the Vice President SHALL perform the functions of the President as Acting President.’

Buhari cited that section of the constitution amd transmitted a letter

The section does not even empower him to mention anybody as acting President if not he could have nominated his wife or mentioned any other person.

As soon as that letter was read on the floor, the VP becomes the acting President AUTOMATICALLY until another letter comes in tindicating that the President is back.

The reason Jonathan had issues was because such letter does not exist and it led to a constituional crisis hence DOCTRINE of NECESSITY was invoked to be able to recognise the then VP as Acting President.

STOP looking for trouble where none exist.

When you mix hatred, mediocrity, ignorance and sentiments together, we will not know how to help you.

Pending the time we know what your problem is, we will assume it is just a combination of ignorance and mediocrity.

Ectremeely f00lish set of people.

" Never underestimate the power of f00lish people in large numbers"

Anonymous.
chei, a mere coordinator

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by dannytoe(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2017
This co-ordinator issue is another, way to distract nigerians and keep them in the pages of newspapers. Why bubu enjoys in london.
Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by evilyoruba: 11:11am On May 10, 2017
From the beginning of one Nigeria, it evident the yorubas are okay to play second fidle in the Nigerian equation, but igbos have always set their target to dominate and command, perhaps, the hausa fulanis have always set their agenda to rule over all,.....so the yorubas should know that igbos do not envy them anything, rather Igbos are stunned at their cowardice in accepting to play second to those whom they are better than...

Its equally evident the yorubas are happy that at least they are second in Nigeria, but Igbos see that as shameful since yorubas are more qualified to be number 1....

The Igbo want out of one Nigerian since they can't play second to anybody, talk more of those whom they are better than...

Also, its shameful yorubas pride themselves of being second fidle and laugh at the igbos of losing out...but what can be more shameful than slaving yourself to make someone you are better than a king?

This is the reason Igbos call yorubas slave... Yorubas do the bidding of the Hausa Fulani (whom they are better than), for tthe Hausa Fulani to remember on top while yorubas remains second...

2 Likes

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by Duru009(m): 11:23am On May 10, 2017
This is the truth. Nothing but the truth!!

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by DocHMD: 11:27am On May 10, 2017
evilyoruba:
From the beginning of one Nigeria, it evident the yorubas are okay to play second fidle in the Nigerian equation, but igbos have always set their target to dominate and command, perhaps, the hausa fulanis have always set their agenda to rule over all,.....so the yorubas should know that igbos do not envy them anything, rather Igbos are stunned at their cowardice in accepting to play second to those whom they are better than...

Its equally evident the yorubas are happy that at least they are second in Nigeria, but Igbos see that as shameful since yorubas are more qualified to be number 1....

The Igbo want out of one Nigerian since they can't play second to anybody, talk more of those whom they are better than...

Also, its shameful yorubas pride themselves of being second fidle and laugh at the igbos of losing out...but what can be more shameful than slaving yourself to make someone you are better than a king?

This is the reason Igbos call yorubas slave... Yorubas do the bidding of the Hausa Fulani (whom they are better than), for tthe Hausa Fulani to remember on top while yorubas remains second...

Excellent! The cowardice and the calm in the face or mediocrity and slavery of these guy is legendary.

1 Like

Re: Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa by hucienda: 11:35am On May 10, 2017
Oh dear ... dunno why the presidency didn't compose the letter in same manner as in February "to act on my behalf ..." to avoid all these confusion and drama.

Don't be surprised when some people begin to go to courts to test the legality. Ultimately they would fail when they get to the Supreme Court, but will do so all the same to buy time to stall to achieve whatever goal they wish to set out to achieve.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: The Anambra Central No Election Rally, Full Coverage / Jubilation As Court Assumes Jurisdiction Over Biafra Sovereignty Lawsuit / A Nigerian Youth By The Eddy Bongos Goes Nude Because Of Nigeria !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.