Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash (36475 Views)

Anger As FG Recalls N14.9bn Paris Club Refund From Benue / Paris Club Refund: Governors Angry Over N16.67bn Secret Payment To Osun / Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Kiakia(m): 9:24am On May 12, 2017
coolzeal:
Take a closer look at almost all the billionaires in other continents, they made their wealth through innovations, in other words, tech, science etc. In Nigeria, billionaires are either politicians , their cronies and friends holding onto power and looting of public funds. These people lack creative mind and sit on tight to those who possess that might. quite pathetic.
If there are harsher laws to check corruption, politicians will not dream of stealing the country blind.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Fourwinds: 9:26am On May 12, 2017
skedman:
i am not supporting the governor for stealing the treasury but the fact that he has invested it in nigeria however,it is a plus. All these half baked graduate on nairaland employment opportunities is not just the staffs alone it include the contractors that built the hotel who may have more than 50 staffs,the sand suppliers,borehole,aluminium, and lots more and when the hotel is finally ready the diesel suppliers,fish,turkey, chicken suppliers , the market people at large ,apprentice and many others will benefit . Can you now tell me the jobs it must have created for the people . I think most of you are lazy and your brain is only limited to being a staff and not a supplier nor a contractor.
just take a look at urself and this ur mumucious statement

2 Likes

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Hades2016(m): 9:33am On May 12, 2017
Basfaq:
Limited thinking,won't you suffer before they go 6ft beneath the ground. undecided
won't I what ? .... Mr smarty pant pls don't quote me again OK ..... mind your business aiiiiiit
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by franzis(m): 9:40am On May 12, 2017
This suspected governors no dey get names

3 Likes

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by bizzibodi(m): 9:43am On May 12, 2017
I know that thief is thugnor kponmodele.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by OBAGADAFFI: 9:44am On May 12, 2017
skedman:
i am not supporting the governor for stealing the treasury but the fact that he has invested it in nigeria however,it is a plus. All these half baked graduate on nairaland employment opportunities is not just the staffs alone it include the contractors that built the hotel who may have more than 50 staffs,the sand suppliers,borehole,aluminium, and lots more and when the hotel is finally ready the diesel suppliers,fish,turkey, chicken suppliers , the market people at large ,apprentice and many others will benefit . Can you now tell me the jobs it must have created for the people . I think most of you are lazy and your brain is only limited to being a staff and not a supplier nor a contractor.

The $3million is being spent on building a 100-room hotel in Lagos,

Why can't the governor do this investment in his state and provide jobs for his is people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by ubox: 9:45am On May 12, 2017
for your building design needs, contact uboks.nyah@yahoo.com for your Awe striking building designs at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs#54818903

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Nobody: 9:48am On May 12, 2017
@skedman so an investment of $3million(give or take 1 billion naira) which takes a measely 40 souls out of the unemployment is a sound investment to you sir? WOW.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by ceejay4real(m): 9:48am On May 12, 2017
Tolexander:
Why not telling us the name of the governor?

Yeah! But I think first of all, the immunity clause in our Constitution for Governors must be REMOVED or else they wld continue to perpetrate acts of financial rascality recklessly without any fear whatever using the immunity as a SHIELD! Only the President and his Vice deserve immunity in an Executive Presidential system like ours. My own take tho.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Nobody: 9:59am On May 12, 2017
Just imagine!....this dam.n jungle is overdue for some RED revolution!
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by ceejay4real(m): 10:00am On May 12, 2017
skedman:

Yeah, u are right. But I guess the man was referring to direct jobs but you to both the direct and indirect jobs the hotel wld create. In terms of direct jobs, I think a 3 million dollar factory wld provide more jobs than a hotel built with same amount. But by and large, either of the two would provide jobs & take some of our youth off the streets. In any case, that governor is very corrupt! It's just a pity that the immunity clause in our Constitution will shield him from being prosecuted and disgraced while still in office.

#removeimmunityclauseforgovernors
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by vantage001: 10:03am On May 12, 2017
Misterdhee1:
I am really of the opinion that the Singaporean style is the way to go in this country.

Many of these governors are the reason why i am skeptical about the potentials of federalism in this country.
The problem is who do you trust with the powers of lee kuan yew? I certainly cannot trust buhari with that kind of authority following his antecedence.
Singapore is mono-ethnic. There is no tribal interest at play that will influence effective central governance.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by dragonking2: 10:05am On May 12, 2017
sarrki:
The governors are more closer to us than the president

Why do we leave them put of the blame game

We need to whip them in other to sit them up
why didn't you blame the governors during GEJ administration? Even when GEJ wanted to save the governors refused.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Reference(m): 10:05am On May 12, 2017
wristbangle:
The corruption in this country is endemic. I have lost words to describe our evil leaders and some corrupt Nigerians

Na now sun dey rise for una medula. So after 3 years of corruption war people are still stealing anything 'stealable' shows it is futile. The EFCC everyone is hailing is like a village doctor who goes into the surrounding swamp and brushland with cans of Baygon or Rambo because malaria is endemic in the community...and people are hailing his folly.... instead of town planning to redevelop the area, clear the bushes and drain the swamp.

The battle to rid Nigeria of corruption is not the work of the EFCC but of the National Assembly driven by the people who desire to restructure this country to make public funds emanate from the grassroots upwards to government and not from government down to the grassroots to ensure accountability. The source of corruption is the financial structure of Nigeria and it will not stop until ALLOCATION is ended. After the public is given the right to finance their government then the EFCC can then be a useful tool OF THE PEOPLE to do the hands on dirty work.

Right now it is only a foolish citizen who will expect a government agency, appointed and approved by government to hold government accountable. Dogs don't eat dog meat, simple. In every developed, non banana country, agencies charged with accountability are independent of government and government officials and the right to check corruption is the responsibility of NON POLITICAL ACTORS, not some President chanting political slogans. Have you ever heard Angela Merkel or Mrs May or Donald Trump yapping about corruption....

It is not their talk, it is not their fight. It is the people, the citizens through their institutions who check these things. But the Nigerian citizen is too weak. Bogged down in ethno-religious quicksand and weighed down with ignorance and illiteracy, he is unable to rise and exert his rights to proper governance, unable to insist that he pays for governance, government activities and the wages of government officials, so the elite ride rhopshod over him. 'Na ya money. Werin consan you.' Yes, they are right. It is not your money so it is not your business what happens to it.

Someone said the other day, 'yes this government is not chasing its party members through the EFCC. Let the next government do that...' A citizen's admission of total defeat.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by awa(m): 10:16am On May 12, 2017
The Governor no get name and State....Distractions upon distractions...
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Nobody: 10:32am On May 12, 2017
garsul:

Must you blame the north for all your life's problems? A governor steals the money meant for his state instead you are here blaming the northern power house, if you can't hold your governor accountable now is it when you have your so called true federalism that you will? You better emanticipate your self from mental slavery and stop listening to your corrupt and incompetent local leaders who blame all the failures on northerners. Is northerners that have refused to pay teachers salary in bayelsa state? Is PEJ a northerner that chose to build a hotel and. Kept 50 million dollars in her accounts instead of using the money to build a modular refinery in her state. It high time that youths in the south realise that only they can make their region great and stop the hogwash mentality that the so called north is holding them now
my point is the current system of govt encourages laziness and corruption because there is too much power and resources concentrated far from the man in the village, he has to wait for someone in abuja or a far away state capital for the running of healthcare, education, security, power, environment and what have you, and that is keeping us from making progress...when others are requesting for restructuring so power and important decisions could be brought "closer" to the people some sections are against it, because they have been blessed with human population and size that depends more on others resources....put it this way, if state and local govts budgets depended entirely on income taxes and IGR do you think there would be so much corruption and mismanagement?
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by PFRB: 10:33am On May 12, 2017
Tolexander:
Why not telling us the name of the governor?

Anytime a name or names are with held, oga's people are involved.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by arsenal33: 10:34am On May 12, 2017
skedman:
****hotel will also create employment . 100 rooms will provide approximately 40 staffs

and multiple condoms!
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by kingthreatz: 11:03am On May 12, 2017
colossus91:

hotel still provides employment sir.......

Can you compare opportunities from just one luxury hotel to the opportunities that will arise from a textile, food processing, electronic packaging or manufacturing industry that will also impact our economy positively?

1 Like

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Pontaboki: 11:04am On May 12, 2017
Gbam,Okoroawusa is the Governor!!!
PFRB:

Anytime a name or names are with held, oga's people are involved.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by RetroBoy: 11:42am On May 12, 2017
BornAgainMay:

Oga professor, before you can call anybody half baked bullshit

correct yourself, is called 50 staff and not 50 staffs
Nice one.
And he should also know that you can't be a staff, but a member of staff
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by positivetaught: 11:58am On May 12, 2017
Y can't their Id be revealed, oh!,it's a family affair,PDP is not involved yet.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Blue3k(m): 12:02pm On May 12, 2017
Fake news til they say a name.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by CloudResident(m): 12:44pm On May 12, 2017
Soon some maggot infested brained individuals will start protesting on his behalf.just wait and see.. undecided undecided
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by dikeigbo2(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2017
Nameless governor,......besides what is the exact meaning of this report? ........gather facts before rushing to the press
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by sirjude706: 1:24pm On May 12, 2017
We did it yesterday, and today we are doing it again .Call now to subscribe.

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by IamUdo(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2017
Efcc can sing all day, not one high profile arrest or conviction. Shame.
Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by Adminisher: 3:11pm On May 12, 2017
I will VOTE Buhari again and again. Even on the sick bed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash by demobaba1(m): 2:14am On May 13, 2017
martynz50:
I dey tell u.see as dem dey spent billions like say Na kobo, and we still dey wait for salary and rca, Na God go punish dem
rca kuma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Vigilante In The South-East: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts / Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / Professor Peter Ogban Jailed For Announcing False Election Results For Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.