Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,513 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Trump Admits ‘this Russia Thing’ Part Of Reasoning For Firing James Comey - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Admits ‘this Russia Thing’ Part Of Reasoning For Firing James Comey (341 Views)

James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. / Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) / See The Sack Letter Donald Trump Sent To The FBI Director, James Comey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trump Admits ‘this Russia Thing’ Part Of Reasoning For Firing James Comey by stingged(m): 11:19am On May 12, 2017
President Donald Trump offered a new version of his decision to fire James B. Comey, saying on Thursday that he would have dismissed the FBI director regardless of whether the attorney general and his deputy recommended it.

It was just the latest in a series of statements, some of them contradictory, to whiplash Washington over 48 hours that began with Mr. Comey’s firing on Tuesday evening. And it was unusually harsh: Mr. Trump castigated Mr. Comey as “a showboat” and “a grandstander,” suggesting that his issues with the F.B.I. director went beyond any previously stated concerns.

Mr. Trump said on Thursday that he had not relied solely on the advice from the Justice Department’s top two leaders in making his decision. And, for the first time, he explicitly referenced the F.B.I.’s investigation into his administration’s ties to Russia in defending Mr. Comey’s firing.

Read full story here. See Pictures.
http://stingged.com/donald-trump-james-comey-firing-russia-investigation/

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Bus Carrying Egyptian Christians / Quick Help On Africa Politics / I'm Not Going Anyplace, I'm Not Biting The Dust, 93-year-old President Mugabe Gu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.