Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable (33404 Views)

Buhari To Bandits: "Surrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent End" / Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by comodo: 9:34am On May 13, 2017
VivianUdeogu:
Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.

As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!

Someone checked into a hotel with the name Tochukwu. Everyone has jumped into conclusion that he is Igbo.... How many time have u checked into a hotel with your real name.… Simply put, d dude sold a dummy and everyone has bought it. Its only a fool that can check into a hotel with his real name when he has intentions of commiting such crime.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by ab11baddo(m): 10:44am On May 13, 2017
Shayetet13:

Any people or tribe that appears to have God given abilities or blessings or by sheer gift of Nature appear to be better than others are always hated and especially by those around them. Consider the state of Isreal for instance. America follows closely
this is laughable really....... OMG..... U sure think highly of ur tribe than others.... And u think other tribes ain't blessed or successful... It because they don't brag about it in the media or online like ur people do all d time ...it's d simple truth
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by tifany89(m): 11:59am On May 13, 2017
Omoluabi16:
if that vivian is not igbo then its sad, she must be a confusionist. I do not believe in self grandeur..or putting other tribes down, and putting mine on a pedestal. I will be the last person to say yorubas are perfect. and what if I tell you I agree most times with what ffk says..would you feel better? You've made your assumptions already, so I owe you no further explanations.
Sorry for my outburst, spoken like a true gentleman. But if u read what she wrote very well you may have been to deduce she is just a confusionist like you said. Good day
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Siscooh: 12:11pm On May 13, 2017
tifany89:

Plz don't make the mistake of thinking she is Igbo. Even as useless as dat Igbokwe guy he will not descend to this level. All he comments have always been to deride Igbos so we know them. Save ur breath Bro she/he ain't worth it
OK
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by janefrancisca(f): 2:45pm On May 13, 2017
kpodosky:

It vexes me when you act like you have monopoly on who us Igbo. How far have you travelled ? Jesus! do you know there are Igbo everywhere! with unique backgrounds.

During my service year in Ondo , in that interior village were Four Igbo people doing odd jobs and one restaurant lady.
she has kids all speaking "Afonja" how I knew they were igbos was I received a call from home and replied my mom in Igbo, the woman was happy and had her second daughter serve me all the time ( and insist on speaking Igbo anytime I come to eat) they daughters don't speak well but they understand.
Thanks to her I was able to survive the food there. There is a large Igbo population here in Brisbane too. Very little of the kids even know how to speak or write igbo and I also grew up among "Afonja" in Lagos.
You people should stop claiming who is Igbo or not because others don't agree.We are a large and diverse bunch.
I get ur point but I am 100% sure that the "lady" is not Igbo. First the mistake in "her" spelling. It is "ogbu ego" and not "ogwu ego". Secondly "her" view is not even diverse, it is flawed. One bad egg does it make others bad? There is a difference between constructive criticism and generalization....wot she said is a "look down" on every struggling nwa afo igbo, from the hawker selling la casera and gala in traffics to the nwa boy in alaba or tradefair involved in oso afia.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 7:52am On May 14, 2017
ab11baddo:
this is laughable really....... OMG..... U sure think highly of ur tribe than others.... And u think other tribes ain't blessed or successful... It because they don't brag about it in the media or online like ur people do all d time ...it's d simple truth

At least you got your answer... If you sit back and consider it, you will see it is the truth. Tell me any backward country or tribe that are envied or hated. Instead people loves them and prefers to send them relieve materials. That is the human nature for you! Tell me exactly why a country like Russia, China is so maligned by many people or a country like Isreal is so hated by Arab countries or Even why a terrorist will prefer to bomb the United states at any given opportunity than countries like Haiti, Jamaica, Madagascar etc. My friend, the answer is simple, these countries by God given abilities or even hard work are above the rest. So when you are looking for an answer to those your questions, don't go too far. It is right before you.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Okudiover(m): 8:58am On May 15, 2017
Last week, there were riots in Bayelsa state over a person with an Igbo name, who killed his Bayelsan girlfriend.
Some Bayelsa indigenes started attacking some Igbos.
Some persons who have been mocking the Baifran cause took it upon themselves to ask why the people of Bayelsa are attacking Igbos when the Igbos kept saying that Bayelsa is part of Biafra.
Some even mocked the support of Igbos for Jonathan, saying that Igbos supported Jonathan because they thought that Jonathan having his name as Ebele and Azikiwe means that he is Igbo.
I laugh.
I think it remains arguable whether Bayelsa is part of the area to be known as Biafra and it is the right of the Ijaws to choose whether they will want to be in Biafra or Nigeria, or form their own country.
Nobody can impose Biafra on them.
As for the Igbos support of Jonathan, I do not think that any Igbo man thinks or thought that Jonathan was an Igbo man.
I do not also think that anyone was misled in Igboland into thinking that Ebele is an Igbo name or that Azikiwe was the Igbo name of Jonathan.
These are the reasons I think that the Igbos massively supported Goodluck Jonathan.
First, during the first campaign of Jonathan, his wife was in Aba speaking Igbo fluently. His wife said that she was of Rivers state but her mother was from Umuahia. She is the only wife of GEJ and the Igbos were glad that one of their own was in Aso Rock. It was like the issue of Queen Esther in the Persian palace, looking out for her people the Jews.
Secondly, Jonathan appointed the first Igbo man to be the head of the Nigerian army, since the civil war. Since the war, Igbos have not been occupying big positions in the military especially in the army and Jonathan broke this jinx by appointing Ihejirika to be the Chief of army staff. For the first time, Isuikwuato became the capital of the Nigerian army and all these were due to Jonathan doing what no Nigerian leader has ever done in appointing a south easterner to head the army.
Thirdly, Jonathan appointed Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Deziani Allison Madueke, Arunma Oteh and other Igbos to help him run the country.
The economy of the country circulated around these Igbos and I remember seeing Ngozi Okonjo Iweala at Shopping Centre Aba where she bemoaned the fact that commerce was dying in Aba. The market women there pleaded with her to do something to help commerce in Aba and she promised to do something. Under the govt of Jonathan, the Igbos found an identity and they saw Jonathan as a man willing to stand by the Igbos.
Fourthly, under the govt of Jonathan, after NOI made that promise, containers bearing clothing were freely imported into Nigeria and the Igbos had their commerce booming. You saw Igbos rising to be millionaire importers and people could always be heard to say, 'Ochichi Jonathan favouro ndi Igbo'. Under his govt, businessmen in Aba, Onitsha, Alaba and nnewi were buying houses, tearing it down and building five storey buildings.
Fifthly, some have argued that Jonathan did not build roads for Igbos but I know that he was the person that awarded the Enugu- Port Harcourt express way and which the construction is still going on. He knew how important trade was for the Igbos and he upgraded the Enugu airport airport to an international level so Igbos can travel to China and other places without first going to Lagos .
Sixthly, even if the govt of Jonathan did nothing for the Igbos, there were two options for the Igbos during the Presidential election: the choice between electing Buhari and electing Jonathan. Even if Jonathan did nothing for the Igbos, the Igbos knew that Buhari was not an option. The Igbos knew that Buhari is a tribalist, an ethnic bigot in favour of the Hausa Fulani, that Buhari was not intelligent enough to handle the country, that Buhari does not like the Igbos, that Buhari was president or military head of state sometime ago in Nigeria and everybody suffered and they did not want to suffer again, and that Buhari was more of an Islamic bigot who regarded Islam more than anything, and that putting Nigeria into the hand of Buhari was taking Nigeria back to hunger, herdsmen killing, breachig human rights, lack of freedom of speech and other oppressions the govt of Buhari has always been known for.
So when the Igbo juxtaposed candidate Buhari to candidate Jonathan, supporting Jonathan was the natural thing for the Igbos to do.
It does not require a 10.0 I.Q for the Igbos to know that voting Buhari was taking Nigeria back and the Igbos made the right choice.
With what is happening to Nigeria today, every rational Nigerian knows and can see clearly that the Igbos made the right choice.
It is only those mischievous few who are allowing politics to becloud their sight that can't see what is visible even to the blind.
So I think that it will be foolhardy to think that Igbos did not vote for Buhari because he is a Fulani. Yaradua was a Fulani from the same Katsina State of Buhari yet Igbos voted for him and rejected Buhari. The rejection of Buhari was not due to his state of origin of the fact that he is a Muslim, but because of who he is.
Likewise, the acceptance of Jonathan was not because the Igbos thought he was Igbo, or that he had Igbo names, or that the Igbos said that Bayelsa was part of Biafra, but the acceptance of Jonathan was because of how he treated the Igbos, how his govt favoured the Igbos and his alliance with the Igbos in marriage and association.
So it will be otiose to say that the Igbos regard Bayelsa as a part of Biafra and that that was the reason for the support for Jonathan.
The people of Bayelsa, Rivers state, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Delta etc are all part of the south South and nobody can force them to be a part of Biafra .
During the war, Akwa Ibom and Cross River fought alongside the Biafrans, Rivers and Bayelsa abandoned the Biafrans midway while Delta was part of Biafra .
It is their choice now to be or not to be of Biafra as they cannot be compelled.
And the fact that some persons in Bayelsa feel aggrieved over the murder of one of their own by am alleged Igbo, and they went about attacking Igbos, can never be interpreted to mean that they are expressing the entire will of the ijaw people. Even in the same local govt, two villages can quarrel and fight and that does not mean that they are sworn enemies forever.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 11:15am On May 15, 2017
comodo:

Someone checked into a hotel with the name Tochukwu. Everyone has jumped into conclusion that he is Igbo.... How many time have u checked into a hotel with your real name.… Simply put, d dude sold a dummy and everyone has bought it. Its only a fool that can check into a hotel with his real name when he has intentions of commiting such crime.

Follow the news and stop acting ignorant.
The culprit in question was a fomer tenant of the Father of the deceased.
So they know him and where he's from.
Be informed.

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Omoluabi16(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2017
tifany89:

Sorry for my outburst, spoken like a true gentleman. But if u read what she wrote very well you may have been to deduce she is just a confusionist like you said. Good day
No problem bro..Sometimes we may agree or disagree. Na so life be. We just need to find a common ground.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by SupremeCourt: 6:01pm On May 22, 2017
Xway:
First tym am cool wit ur post.

Here in enugu i love ijaw pple a lot.
I learnt swimming from my ijaw friend.
I don't knw were there hatred enumerated from.

The hatred started when you Igbo land thieves begin to call Ijaw land Biafra. You passed your boundry and got a bloody nose from the sons of the soil. Its first warning to stop claiming other peoples land as Igbo purchased item. Learn to be humble in Nigeria. Igbo arrogance is hated everywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu, Oba Saheed Elegushi, Folorunsho Coker And Hakeem Muri-Okunola (Throwback / FG Has Created 8m Blue Collar Jobs - Ngige, Minister Of Labour / Governor Okorocha, The Economics Teacher (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.