Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,258 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues (28516 Views)

"You Don't Have A Benz" - Tacha Slams Those Discussing Her / Liz Anjorin Slams Ronke Oshodi Oke. Calls Her An 'Old Jobless Begger' / BBNaija: Yul Edochie Supports Teddy A, Slams Those Insulting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Pharrel22(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2017
Mrs oju pupa...Ese dudu
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Padiga: 4:19pm On May 12, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

So you mean to say that living as common law husband and wife is different because of that piece of paper?
Let me guess, traditional marriage also makes someone an expert compared to common law spouses, right?
Oh lawd!!!!

Some of you people make absolutely no damn sense, no wonder so many clueless people are getting married up and down. While having no clue about marriage.
first of all, what is common law?

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by soulfood(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2017
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:31pm On May 12, 2017
Padiga:
first of all, what is common law?

Living as husband and wife but without being married.... Meaning living together, having children etc
Educate yourself on the issue, so that you understand that common law union have exactly the same RIGHTS as married union, thus are as experienced about couple's issues as anyone else out there.

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Naughtytboy: 4:31pm On May 12, 2017
Awoo88:

e bi like say u and buhari dry run on the same os.o
the storm is coming be ready

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Padiga: 4:38pm On May 12, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Living as husband and wife but without being married.... Meaning living together, having children etc
Educate yourself on the issue, so that you understand that common law union have exactly the same RIGHTS as married union, thus are as experienced about couple's issues as anyone else out there.
you placed all importance on the certificate.

A couple who lived together for years, having children are as married to me as those with the paperwork.

The differentiation should be between SINGLES and MARRIED.
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Crazytrump(m): 4:43pm On May 12, 2017
Na true jor but come to think of it, where u used "us" Are you 30 and still single? cry
Funkybabee:
she is saying nonsense Yoruba says 'iri ri Lagba' shey me wey a done see yawa from my sister marriage or street sisters out there, u go dey say I should not contribute my opinion to marriage stuff . my sister go and sit down joor some married people self can't have good advice like us,because of experience,no word is small that's what Yoruba says

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2017
Padiga:
you placed all importance on the certificate.

A couple who lived together for years, having children are as married to me as those with the paperwork.

The differentiation should be between SINGLES and MARRIED.

Sadly many believe that the marriage certificate makes spouses experts, while unmarried people NOT.

Focus on how many time OP mentioned marriage, as her benchmark for expert status

BTW: if married people become expert on union the day they get married, then the day 2 people move in together, they also should get that status, right then.

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by baby124: 4:49pm On May 12, 2017
This rambling neither has head or tail. She sounds like a mad woman. What is this rant about? I don't understand the message. She goes from insulting single ladies, to wishing government will enforce laws on people's private affairs, to lack of money... wtf. Nothing correlates. I am out of here. Let her work harder on her bleaching than discussing things beyond her brain power.

2 Likes

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Padiga: 4:53pm On May 12, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Sadly many believe that the marriage certificate makes spouses experts, while unmarried people NOT.

Focus on how many time OP mentioned marriage, as her benchmark for expert status

BTW: if married people become expert on union the day they get married, then the day 2 people move in together, they also should get that status, right then.
Marriage she listed there is as differentiated from single life.

I see where you are coming from, but always try to look at the bigger picture.
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by AdelekeAkinola(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2017
Davash222:
The irony is, Singl e s gives best marital advice.
For your mind
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Adadioranma79(f): 4:59pm On May 12, 2017
Better single with your peace of mind and dignity than be counted among those with multiple failed marriages. Marriage is a no no for me until I am ready mentally, emotionally, financially and in every sense of it. No need starting what I can't finish or putting another into unending misery all cos I want the bear a "Mrs" or shut the mouth of people. I rest my case.
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE?!!? Yeah i think so.

There are many people who are unmarried because they respect marriage, know the sacrifices that it takes to be happily married , and/or how to KEEP being happily married, AND they fully well know they don't have it in them. That makes them more suited to give advises than any foolish person who think marriage is just:"signing on the dotted line, and you are good to go"

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by olab059(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2017
SmartMugu:

Yup.
Marriage ain't no joke, so I don't blame people taking their time to find the right person or just outrightly deciding to be single. After spending time to find the 'right' person, the 'right' person may end up having the wrong in-laws or friends and their tiny voices can take you back where you started from - learning a new version of your spouse all over again - that's if it's worth it at all to learn one person any longer when you can just move on to someone else that can make their own decisions without external influences.
I think the western culture is gradually infiltrating Nigeria in that area, that's why people talk about divorce here and there.

Typical marriages in the US let's the bride and groom sign about 3 or 4 pages of paper, for better and for worst things. A divorce on same marriage will require you signing about 43 pages of paper on same topic! You see questions like "Who is authorized to have the kids on Christmas day?", "Who will be paying for their healthcare", etc. Thats when people realise they were scammed all along. Is it by force to marry and stay married?

I know someone that married a lady in the US and three months later, they weren't getting along and they decided to divorce each other. In court, she claimed she got used to the expensive lifestyle the guy exposed her to and she will not be able to bear life without him anymore. Divorce judge ordered the guy to pay her $500 per month for the next 5 years! Dude is still dealing with the payments, for just saying "I do", signing some papers with a girl and staying with her for just 3 months? No kids. To the girl, onto the next one. Marrying people for just a tiny bit of time is her means of income. Her first husband pays her on same grounds, my dude doing same. That can't happen in Nigeria, the judicial system isn't even together yet. With the Internet age, just watch that nonsense get to Africa.

So, who blames those that prefer having just baby mamas and baby daddies? Nobody is signing no papers, properties don't have to be shared, joint custody of kids, hire a cook if you need someone that can cook, get a mister or a mistress if you need someone in za oza room, no need getting all upset over one spouse's actions, no in-law headaches. Abeg.

GBAM! 100 likes for you.

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by willibounce1(m): 5:30pm On May 12, 2017
Marriage requires another higher level of discipline and responsibilities. If you are not ready, don't try it.
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by InvertedHammer: 5:50pm On May 12, 2017
SmartMugu:

Yup.
Marriage ain't no joke, so I don't blame people taking their time to find the right person or just outrightly deciding to be single. After spending time to find the 'right' person, the 'right' person may end up having the wrong in-laws or friends and their tiny voices can take you back where you started from - learning a new version of your spouse all over again - that's if it's worth it at all to learn one person any longer when you can just move on to someone else that can make their own decisions without external influences.
I think the western culture is gradually infiltrating Nigeria in that area, that's why people talk about divorce here and there.

Typical marriages in the US let's the bride and groom sign about 3 or 4 pages of paper, for better and for worst things. A divorce on same marriage will require you signing about 43 pages of paper on same topic! You see questions like "Who is authorized to have the kids on Christmas day?", "Who will be paying for their healthcare", etc. Thats when people realise they were scammed all along. Is it by force to marry and stay married?

I know someone that married a lady in the US and three months later, they weren't getting along and they decided to divorce each other. In court, she claimed she got used to the expensive lifestyle the guy exposed her to and she will not be able to bear life without him anymore. Divorce judge ordered the guy to pay her $500 per month for the next 5 years! Dude is still dealing with the payments, for just saying "I do", signing some papers with a girl and staying with her for just 3 months? No kids. To the girl, onto the next one. Marrying people for just a tiny bit of time is her means of income. Her first husband pays her on same grounds, my dude doing same. That can't happen in Nigeria, the judicial system isn't even together yet. With the Internet age, just watch that nonsense get to Africa.

So, who blames those that prefer having just baby mamas and baby daddies? Nobody is signing no papers, properties don't have to be shared, joint custody of kids, hire a cook if you need someone that can cook, get a mister or a mistress if you need someone in za oza room, no need getting all upset over one spouse's actions, no in-law headaches. Abeg.

You made sense. At the same time you are a liar.
Alimony payment in US is for only 50% of the period of marriage unless the marriage is more than 10 years.

So in the example stated, the man would pay the lady for 1 month and a half (not five years). I don't know any judge that will give such other because it is illegal.
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by manikspears: 6:16pm On May 12, 2017
Khd95:
hmmmm I think she made sense, small
Which part? Shey the owo nairabet part grin
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by SmartMugu: 6:58pm On May 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

You made sense. At the same time you are a liar.
Alimony payment in US is for only 50% of the period of marriage unless the marriage is more than 10 years.

So in the example stated, the man would pay the lady for 1 month and a half (not five years). I don't know any judge that will give such other because it is illegal.

I didn't lie. I don't even lie, why would I do that on a random forum to some random people I don't even know?
That's what he told me about his marriage. I live in the US, so your mention of 50% and other stuff you mentioned just shows you don't know what you're saying about the US. You probably still live with mom and dad, or just new to the US. Otherwise, you would have learnt things vary from state to state in the US. Marriage laws are different from state to state, why then would you assume divorce laws are same all over the US? Have you ever thought of why people fly to Vegas to marry versus another city they live in? If you haven't, then don't say nothing else.

There may be some other pre-nuptial agreements or jointly owned properties. It may be for more than just alimony. Dude is an architect and makes about $85k, his wife didn't work according to him. I don't know his home like he did.

Outrightly calling me a liar over my comment is wrong. I know this place wayyy more than you.
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by petitejolie(f): 7:13pm On May 12, 2017
well she knows who she's referring to and dey know demselves. she just reiterated wat I use to say about broke men.
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Better single with your peace of mind and dignity than be counted among those with multiple failed marriages. Marriage is a no no for me until I am ready mentally, emotionally, financially and in every sense of it. No need starting what I can't finish or putting another into unending misery all cos I want the bear a "Mrs" or shut the mouth of people. I rest my case.

Sadly, the majority of Nigerians wanna get married by force or fire, and will marry any stranger/donkey, just to pretend that they are finally "happily married Mr/Mrs xxxx"... while being clueless about what it takes to have a successful union. Miserable people thinking that they will suddenly become great happy people as soon as they get married... Deluded bunch!

Same as any broke ass desperate begging woman who looks down on an equally broke mran...

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Funkybabee(f): 9:36pm On May 12, 2017
Crazytrump:
Na true jor but come to think of it, where u used "us" Are you 30 and still single? cry

Am not 30, just saying
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by Afonjashapmouth: 11:30pm On May 12, 2017
Davash222:
The irony is, Singles gives best marital advice.

Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by ariklawani(f): 7:06am On May 13, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
She has a point. Single ladies who can't even have a lasting relationship with their parents and siblings, will be giving a married woman of 15 years advice. undecided Not their fault, If not for morons that take their relationship issues to the public.
thank u ojare.
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by ariklawani(f): 7:12am On May 13, 2017
over correct.I love this write up like kilode.she's rite ooo.u are above 30still single .and blaming a woman for crying out loud over domestic violence. u are just an idiot.u think marag Na serecanbia.get there bf u judge.ankorin.u try for dis one.
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by InvertedHammer: 8:05am On May 13, 2017
SmartMugu:

I didn't lie. I don't even lie, why would I do that on a random forum to some random people I don't even know?
That's what he told me about his marriage. I live in the US, so your mention of 50% and other stuff you mentioned just shows you don't know what you're saying about the US. You probably still live with mom and dad, or just new to the US. Otherwise, you would have learnt things vary from state to state in the US. Marriage laws are different from state to state, why then would you assume divorce laws are same all over the US? Have you ever thought of why people fly to Vegas to marry versus another city they live in? If you haven't, then don't say nothing else.

There may be some other pre-nuptial agreements or jointly owned properties. It may be for more than just alimony. Dude is an architect and makes about $85k, his wife didn't work according to him. I don't know his home like he did.

Outrightly calling me a liar over my comment is wrong. I know this place wayyy more than you.
/
Say what you want.
No one will be ordered to pay 5 years alimony on a 3 months marriage even in "at fault" state.
Your friend fed you the BS because he knows that you are an ignoramus.
\
Re: Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues by October1960: 8:33am On May 13, 2017
Non sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert / Jnr Pope Odonwodo & Wife Celebrate 1 Year Wedding Anniversary (PHOTOS) / Kemi Afolabi Clashes With Seyi-Ariyo 'SheBaby', See The Distasteful Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.