Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:29 PM

My Take On Domestic Violence - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Take On Domestic Violence (1929 Views)

Wifes Shouldn't Expect Husbands To Take On Domestic Chores, Its An Abomination / Men Go Through Domestic Violence, Theirs Is Even Worse / Mercy Aigbe Shares Yet Another Message On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

My Take On Domestic Violence by olab059(m): 1:53pm On May 12, 2017
When something becomes recurrent in a society, I always try to look at the root cause. I totally condemn domestic violence, and I don't think any man should hit a woman, cos physically, men are stronger than women, but why is the case of men beating up their wives so rampant these days? What's really going on?

I know women don't want to face the reality that they might also have a hand in this, but that is the bitter truth. As I said before, a man should never hit a woman, but trust me, women can so push men to the wall. I have seen gentle men turn to beasts because of constant verbal abuse by their wives. I know ladies never like to talk about this. They prefer to always play the victim, and put all the blame on the man, but let's be realistic here. A man is not as good at verbal assault as most women are, and women don't know that words hurt just as much as physical harm. They go on and on, even when the man is not saying anything back, and we are all human...everyone has a breaking point. Most times when men hit women, it is not premeditated (except for some sick men who just love beating women to show they are the head of the home); when a man hits a woman it usually is trigger from verbal abuse from the woman.

I remember when I was doing my youth service, I had a corper girlfriend, and after the Batch B left, we decided to take up this vacant two bedroom apartment in the school compound. Everything was going fine at first, and then came the nagging, and the insults. I couldn't believe she was the same girl I had known all along. I moved out after 3 weeks. This gave me a taste of how women can be in marriages. I also remember when I was staying with my elder brother, his wife to be at the time got angry one early morning when they were both heading to work and started reigning curses on him...revealing a lot of secrets he had shared with her in private. She was shouting at the top of her voice, and calling my brother a weakling. My brother got angry after a while, and asked her to pack out her things but he didn't hit her. I swear, I wanted to go and shut her up myself.

I know females will never see anything wrong with what some of them do to trigger domestic violence, but the truth is the truth.

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by professorfal: 1:54pm On May 12, 2017
bitter truth it is. ....

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 12, 2017
Spot on mate, spot on

Most women often love to play the victim of domestic violence without understanding what it truly means, while there's no excuse to raise your hand over your partner but it that the whole explanation for domestic violence ??

Women are no foreigners to verbal and psychological abuse, even secrets shared she'd reveal them in a split second not to to talk of isolation which isn't foreign to them, they won't stop until they've pushed you past your boundary.

As that saying, "No matter how big a man is, there's a woman to tame him"

It's vice versa, a woman can also turn a sheep into a lion

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by olab059(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2017
vargasvictory:
mods why

Why what?
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by HARDDON: 2:00pm On May 12, 2017
It is better to be alone than be with a cantankerous woman!

So many men have lost their limbs n lives

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nogodye(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2017
That's just the truth and mostly the root cause of domestic violence in marriage...Women should try to control their tongue no matter what while men should try to control their anger...Nice one bro.

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by olab059(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2017
Nogodye:
That's just the truth and mostly the root cause of domestic violence in marriage...Women should try to control their tongue no matter what while men should try to control their anger...Nice one bro.

Word!

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by HARDDON: 2:15pm On May 12, 2017

So many men have lost their limbs n lives in such tangle.

Imaging a guy returns home from work n she immediately swung into action because he got home a lil late. She was on his neck from d door. He tried to ignore her, went to d room to drop his briefcase, she followed, wudnt let him a space to even change. To d living room, she still followed him, all the while spewing fire. He cudnt take it, he picked his car keys, tried to go out, she hooked him by d collar. Wit a lil efort n a shove, she let go. He drove off. Went to a chilling spot, soaked his liver out. It was getting late so he entered his ride n made home. Guess what? He wife got news d next day n started weeping! he had a fatal accident n died on d spot.

The idiat actually started weeping. angry

If only men report d mental/emotional abuses some evil women rain on em, the core of d world wud tilt . But they are men n cant embarrass em selves talking sbout such.

I think some of these celebrity wifys are terribly strong headed/belligerent n d fact that dey can pay their own bills n hv wack single friends advising em wrongly, we wud keep having these issues!

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by olab059(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2017
HARDDON:

So many men have lost their limbs n lives in such tangle.

Imaging a guy returns home from work n she immediately swung into action because he got home a lil late. She was on his neck from d door. He tried to ignore her, went to d room to drop his briefcase, she followed, wudnt let him a space to even change. To d living room, she still followed him, all the while spewing fire. He cudnt take it, he picked his car keys, tried to go out, she hooked him by d collar. Wit a lil efort n a shove, she let go. He drove off. Went to a chilling spot, soaked his liver out. It was getting late so he entered his ride n made home. Guess what? He wife got news d next day n started weeping! he had a fatal accident n died on d spot.

The idiat actually started weeping. angry

If only men report d mental/emotional abuses some evil women rain on em, the core of d world wud tilt . But they are men n cant embarrass em selves talking sbout such.

I think some of these celebrity wifys are terribly strong headed/belligerent n d fact that dey can pay their own bills n hv wack single friends advising em wrongly, we wud keep having these issues!

Something similar to this your story happened in my area a couple of years ago. The man didn't die sha, but he used a wheelchair for many years and now walks with a limp. Women will never learn. And feminism is making matters worse these days.

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 12, 2017
Not advocating that domestic violence is justified some women bait the man, taunt him and push him to the brink. Some will go as far as to hit the man because according to her she can hit him and he won't retaliate because he is a man and he is the one who is meant to keep his cool while she lets hers fly out of the window.
There are violent women out there women who instigate,provoke and play the victim and when a guy does lash out he is the aggressor. Violence regardless of gender is never ok.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by OritseBoy: 2:45pm On May 12, 2017
goddysweb message me on! WhatsApp @ 08188868671, I'll call u

ASAP pls
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by 9jayes: 2:50pm On May 12, 2017
Nonsense take
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by olab059(m): 2:50pm On May 12, 2017
Raine80:
Not advocating that domestic violence is justified some women bait the man, taunt him and push him to the brink. Some will go as far as to hit the man because according to her she can hit him and he won't retaliate because he is a man and he is the one who is meant to keep his cool while she lets hers fly out of the window.
There are violent women out there women who instigate,provoke and play the victim and when a guy does lash out he is the aggressor. Violence regardless of gender is never ok.

Thanks for this comment.
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 3:01pm On May 12, 2017
There are men who suffer domestic violence.
Could it also be their running mouth?
Oh...scratch that! Men don't run their mouth, they can't hurt a fly.

This running mouth excuse arises only when a woman is the victim. The man whose wife stabbed him to death,maybe he was running his mouth, maybe he hit her and she retaliated? Maybe she was supposed to be submissive while he as a man throws tantrums?

But she was pushed to her limit and stabbed him to death.

In his next life,we would warn him to bridle his tongue.

RIP to him.
Continue having takes...wehdone.
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Doctorfitz: 3:22pm On May 12, 2017
U made sense bro. Pocohantas/pocahontas abi wetin b ur name, u need one hot slap to reset ur head. U dey read at all?

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 3:25pm On May 12, 2017
Doctorfitz:
U made sense bro. Pocohantas/pocahontas abi wetin b ur name, u need one hot slap to reset ur head. U dey read at all?
You need a kick in your balls.
Answer my questions or remain silent. The man whose wife stabbed him to death, did he also trigger it?
Does it justify her action?
Did Freeze trigger it too?
If violence from the husband is triggered by nagging?
What triggers nagging from the wife?
Does she nag because she is mad?
How did you all end up with a mad woman?

Does she nag because men ain't perfect after all and she has no other way to be heard? Why don't we address the very root cause of her running mouth?
Why act like men are saints?

Answer all this, then we can talk. Till then, my username probably gives you orgasm, I have noticed you anyway.
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Doctorfitz: 3:29pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:

Answer my questions or remain silent.
Balls?

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Doctorfitz: 3:30pm On May 12, 2017

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 3:38pm On May 12, 2017
Since we wanna talk about other forms of abuse.

Some Nigerian women are one of the most emotionally abused women in marriages. They deal with cheating husbands and nagging inlaws.

Some of these men cheat and their wives know it.
She is hurt... she is confronted by side chicks.
He neglects her and sometimes the kids.
She cries to sleep every night. He knows this, he doesn't change.
She has been pushed to her limit too.

If all the aggrieved wives decide to pour their emotionally abusive husbands hot water on Sunday, how many roasted men do you think we would have in Nigeria come Sunday?

Men are not saints in marriages.
Women are told to pray, he will change.
Some lose it and do unjustifiable things, some keep suffering in silence, some LEAVE!!!!

In this Nigeria where men lose nothing from divorce, why don't they leave? ?? If I am ever with a verbally abusive, I would leave!
Trust me, I have been pushed to the limits. God forbid I lift my hands on anyone, male or female, adult or child...except in self-defence...not because you run mouth...

Keep acting like men are perfect. The worst is yet to come.

If you wanna quote me, say something logical. You're supposed to be the logical sex remember?
Don't give me that running mouth talk, don't talk playing victim or I hate men...I only hate stupid men, they hate themselves too grin.
Not like amma waste my mentions on y'all anyway. Men and women annoy each other...simple! There are LOGICAL ways to resolve marital issues.
1. You can try to change him/her.
2. Endure.
3. Walk away.

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Doctorfitz: 3:50pm On May 12, 2017
U're 1bka*e keep using alternates pocohan.
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 3:53pm On May 12, 2017
Doctorfitz:
U're 1bka*e keep using alternates pocohan.
LOL!
Vorpal do you agree with this,do we comment alike? shocked
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL!
Vorpal do you agree with this,do we comment alike? shocked

Not at all.

@Doctorfitz They are two different people.
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:
Since we wanna talk about other forms of abuse.

Some Nigerian women are one of the most emotionally abused women in marriages. They deal with cheating husbands and nagging inlaws.

Some of these men cheat and their wives know it.
She is hurt... she is confronted by side chicks.
He neglects her and sometimes the kids.
She cries to sleep every night. He knows this, he doesn't change.
She has been pushed to her limit too.

If all the aggrieved wives decide to pour their emotionally abusive husbands hot water on Sunday, how many roasted men do you think we would have in Nigeria come Sunday?

Men are not saints in marriages.
Women are told to pray, he will change.
Some lose it and do unjustifiable things, some keep suffering in silence, some LEAVE!!!!

In this Nigeria where men lose nothing from divorce, why don't they leave? ?? If I am ever with a verbally abusive, I would leave!
Trust me, I have been pushed to the limits. God forbid I lift my hands on anyone, male or female, adult or child...except in self-defence...not because you run mouth...

Keep acting like men are perfect. The worst is yet to come.

Bollocks! So someone can just wake up in the morning and decide his next plan is to get a side chick for no reason?

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 4:14pm On May 12, 2017
Vorpal:

Not at all.

@Doc torfitz They are two different people.
I am surprised o. She is calmer...
Thanks jare, I am sure you can tell the difference with your eyes close.
vargasvictory:

Bollocks! So someone can just wake up in the morning and decide his next plan is to get a side chick for no reason?
Of course,everything some Nigerian men do is because of women. They are that dumb. wink

vargasvictory:

[s]Or the dumb things women do for attention[/s] grin
Is that all? Or you wanna talk more? Though we know men don't run their mouth... grin bye.
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:

Of course,everything some Nigerian men do is because of women. They are that dumb. wink

Or the dumb things women do for attention grin
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:
I am surprised o. She is calmer... Thanks jare, I am sure you can tell the difference with your eyes close.
Poco poco grin
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by goddysweb: 4:26pm On May 12, 2017
OritseBoy:
goddysweb message me on! WhatsApp @ 08188868671, I'll call u

ASAP pls

OK Thanks. I'll message you in a jiffy!
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Frolic: 4:31pm On May 12, 2017
olab059:
When something becomes recurrent in a society, I always try to look at the root cause. I totally condemn domestic violence, and I don't think any man should hit a woman, cos physically, men are stronger than women, but why is the case of men beating up their wives so rampant these days? What's really going on?

I know women don't want to face the reality that they might also have a hand in this, but that is the bitter truth. As I said before, a man should never hit a woman, but trust me, women can so push men to the wall. I have seen gentle men turn to beasts because of constant verbal abuse by their wives. I know ladies never like to talk about this. They prefer to always play the victim, and put all the blame on the man, but let's be realistic here. A man is not as good at verbal assault as most women are, and women don't know that words hurt just as much as physical harm. They go on and on, even when the man is not saying anything back, and we are all human...everyone has a breaking point. Most times when men hit women, it is not premeditated (except for some sick men who just love beating women to show they are the head of the home); when a man hits a woman it usually is trigger from verbal abuse from the woman.

I remember when I was doing my youth service, I had a corper girlfriend, and after the Batch B left, we decided to take up this vacant two bedroom apartment in the school compound. Everything was going fine at first, and then came the nagging, and the insults. I couldn't believe she was the same girl I had known all along. I moved out after 3 weeks. This gave me a taste of how women can be in marriages. I also remember when I was staying with my elder brother, his wife to be at the time got angry one early morning when they were both heading to work and started reigning curses on him...revealing a lot of secrets he had shared with her in private. She was shouting at the top of her voice, and calling my brother a weakling. My brother got angry after a while, and asked her to pack out her things but he didn't hit her. I swear, I wanted to go and shut her up myself.

I know females will never see anything wrong with what some of them do to trigger domestic violence, but the truth is the truth.
Wait, how about packing up useful stuffs, getting in the car and staying out for weeks even months if necessary after she's gotten the man to his breaking instead of getting himself into the ungentlemanly quagmire of hittin' a wife?- I guess she will come beggin afterwards and could even turn a new leaf .

In other news, The very first attribute of a gentle- man is common _ sense. That's the sole factor that makes himgrown up
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by olab059(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:

Answer my questions or remain silent. The man whose wife stabbed him to death, did he also trigger it?

Does she nag because men ain't perfect after all and she has no other way to be heard? Why don't we address the very root cause of her running mouth?

Answer all this, then we can talk. Till then, my username probably gives you orgasm, I have noticed you anyway.

Why act like all women are saints? I know you on Nairaland. You hate men and never see anything bad women do, so there is no use arguing with you.

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:

Is that all? Or you wanna talk more? Though we know men don't run their mouth... grin bye.

Lol! typical woman tongue

playing victim

Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by mcdavies4: 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
Re: My Take On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:

exactly d type dis post talking about

Gold Digger Prank Played On White Girls Gone Wrong / And I Ask Our Ladies: Who Is Considered A Broke Guy? / Upload Your Christmas Food Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69