Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,953 members, 7,824,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] (23014 Views)

Court Adjourns Sowore & Bakare's Fundamental Rights Suit To March 25 / Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari / Peace Corps Wins N2bn Human Rights Suit Against Police, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by dangwarmai(m): 6:53am On May 13, 2017
The day when Nigeria Police go vex and start doing the right thing ehn you will run out of the country.
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by Actuarydeji(m): 7:52am On May 13, 2017
blessme2019:

Guess your retina omitted the word "suspended".

Who certified the NPC a paramilitary NGO? I guess you haven't read the charges against the Commandant of the illegal paramilitary organization. What are the credentials of the said officers carrying out the training, in what facilities are the said cadets being trained, and for what purpose are they trained?

Even companies who desire to have their own Police, subscribes to the laws of the country, they out of their own pocket pay the Nigerian Police to train the men and women the need. Take for instance the NSCDC, for years even after the bill bringing them under the Ministry of Interior was passed by the Senate and ascended to by the then President; Obasanjo, they never charged a dime from intending officers, all the did was work out modalities with the Nigerian military in terms of training it's officers and men, hence you see the cooperation between men of the Army and those of the NSCDC till this date.

You cannot just wake up in the morning and decide to form a paramilitary organization, in saner climes, the whole management, would have been jailed ever since. As an NGO, you do not charge your intending members diverse sums of money to undergo your training, hence the aim as an NGO is defeated.

During my time in the University, they was an NGO fighting cultism and corruption on school campuses in which they operated (don't know if they still exist), they never called themselves paramilitary, but the had ample support and training from the SSS, and most of them were later absorbed into the SSS.

Notwithstanding, should the National Assembly right their wrongs in terms of this bill(which is highly unlikely in this 8th Senate) and the President ascends to it, do you think that the Ministry of Interior will employ those men who can differentiate between left and right as officers and men of the Nigerian Peace Corps?
Kindly read the charges the NPF brought against the man who is the Commandant again.
You're one of the enemies of the youth.

2 Likes

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by blessme2019(m): 8:39am On May 13, 2017
Actuarydeji:

You're one of the enemies of the youth.

Kindly take a place on the queue, someone is fleecing you of your hard earned money, yet you are not complaining. When the immigration charged 1k each as recruitment fee, I bet you were on of the first to shout/scream FRAUD! Yet one is staring you in the face n your years of schooling has suddenly been consumed by amnesia.

Get one thing straight, no one is against the establishment of any organization that will open up job opportunities, but what the Federal Government is against is the outrageous sums being charged by this man and his cohorts with the promise of a job when the organization is finally taken over by the Federal Government. Some states pay up to 200k each for the useless training that doesn't even conform to international standards.
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by mymadam(m): 9:57am On May 13, 2017
janefarms2015:
O

Remember, an appeal doesnt amount to stay of execution order, at this stage the judgement must be enforced

True
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by toyinolaigbe: 10:05am On May 13, 2017
ednut1:
Hmmm. Regardless of the police illegal action. Mk dem arrest dis man for scamming pple of 40k.
the man is not scamming anybody, once you pay ur 40,000 u will surely get the job. so no scaming in that.
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by freethesheeple(m): 10:48am On May 13, 2017
ednut1:
Hmmm. Regardless of the police illegal action. Mk dem arrest dis man for scamming pple of 40k.

them scam ur 40k
were u under duress to pay??
Afonja

1 Like

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by freethesheeple(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2017
Danty37:
I don't even understand what i just read... Someone should pls explain to me.. Thanks

the post is saying Mercy Aige,Tonto dike and Tiawa savage have all Joined Peace Corps.

1 Like

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by freethesheeple(m): 10:51am On May 13, 2017
Taaa,instead Police will Pay this Money,Rather they will Join BH to break up Nigeria!!!
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by PRINCEWAHAB88(m): 11:36am On May 13, 2017
My best news of d year
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 13, 2017
freethesheeple:

the post is saying Mercy Aige,Tonto dike and Tiawa savage have all Joined Peace Corps.
lolzz.... Yawnnnn
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by solodun: 8:58am On May 14, 2017
Some ppl most especially some nairalanders will intentionally attempt suicide or better still hug transformer by the time peace corps is fully backed by law. I wonder some ppl's comment in this blog, though you aren't part of the corps doesn't make you an antagonist, millions of lives are attached to this corps and seeking God's face daily for its progress, but some ppl are here making retrogading comments...mind you, some ppl indulge themselves in praying fasting everyday on what you stand here to antagonize as if the emergence of this NGO will reduce your salaries. Remember the law of karma...

4 Likes

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by onyibajoe(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2017
blessme2019:

Kindly take a place on the queue, someone is fleecing you of your hard earned money, yet you are not complaining. When the immigration charged 1k each as recruitment fee, I bet you were on of the first to shout/scream FRAUD! Yet one is staring you in the face n your years of schooling has suddenly been consumed by amnesia.

Get one thing straight, no one is against the establishment of any organization that will open up job opportunities, but what the Federal Government is against is the outrageous sums being charged by this man and his cohorts with the promise of a job when the organization is finally taken over by the Federal Government. Some states pay up to 200k each for the useless training that doesn't even conform to international standards.
Why claim an authority over what you have little or no knowledge about? You have nothing to add or subtract from Peace Corps. Why not just keep quiet and allow the non-complaining Officers continue celebrating. You know nothing about Peace Corps.

1 Like

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by solodun: 2:24pm On May 14, 2017
blessme2019:

Can you please tell me your stress for typing all of these nonsense? What has peace corps got to do with you and your career? I wonder the day you will kill yourself cos of wahala that doesn't concern you. Enemy of progress!

1 Like

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by solodun: 2:37pm On May 14, 2017
God will soon disgrace all of you dispensing your levels of ignorance on this platform...you all just want set back for peace corps cos one of your friends is about to be fully and gainfully employed. Some ppl are just shouting 40k as if the money was borrowed from them. Every member of peace corps convincingly paid the money with joy, so why are you all shouting fraud here and there, ask any officer of peace corps, he/she will tell you why he paid the money, nobody paid unconsciously or under duress. They paid the money to serve their fatherland, unlike those stealing funds to loot their fatherland. What's the stress and the unrest all about? Why do you want to kill yourselves cos of another persons' problem? Its better you join them if you can't beat them, cos peace corps has come to stay!

2 Likes

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by jom28gy(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2017
This judgment will not be feasible,based on the circumstances surrounding the overall matters.
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by Daveed4Jesus(m): 5:32pm On May 14, 2017
Someone said if you weren't in Minna yesterday for IBB's daughter's wedding, you are just a tenant in Nigeria.

The landlords gathered to wine and dine.
Someone complained about the number of private jets flown into the city yesterday as the Abuja-Minna road isn't motorable. Another one argued it doesn't matter. It was a class thing and it is rare seeing a JSS1 boy play ludo with someone writing UTME.

Someone also wondered why suicide bombers ignored these enemies of Nigeria and decided to attack University of Maiduguri, a citadel of learning where dreams are being built and nurtured.

Someone somewhere close to the wedding venue said he strained his eyes looking for the leaking PDP umbrella and the tiny APC broom yesterday and had to go home disappointed when he saw all of them hugging and smiling without talking about their parties.

Someone faraway in Abeokuta decided to analyze their sitting positions and nearly ended up in the hospital. His blood pressure rose.
Another one, a popular PDP apologist in Enugu, broke down in tears yesterday. He saw 'Bola Tinubu, the man behind his hero's political and electoral fate who still lambasted him days ago in Lagos, seated beside Goodluck Jonathan smiling sheepishly to the cameras.

Someone, an unrepentant APC loyalist, saw Ali Modu Sheriff and Ahmed Markafi stand together. He had always prayed for the total collapse of PDP. He couldn't eat yesternight anyway.

Someone watched Channels Television news and saw Governor Ganduje and his sworn enemy Kwankwaso seated inches apart. He is still praying to God to wake him from his nightmare.

Another one made sure he followed the news on radio waiting for any divisive religious matter to be raised only to hear voices of Bukola Saraki, a muslim, and Yakubu Dogara, a christian, screaming for those expensive wines. He is still changing stations with hopes.

Someone checked online media outlets yesternight and saw pictures of Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Igbos all under one roof with their different tribal wears. There was no tribal statement. No tribal war. He broke the screen of his phone.

Here we are.
Continue defending these people who have divided you along religious, ethnic and tribal lines.
*Continue with your gullibility.*
*Continue with your nonsense.*
What we need is just your brain. Don't bother asking us why.
I stand with Amb. Dickson A.O Akor
I stand with the Nigerian Youth,
I stand for peace corps of Nigeria.
When peace Corps gets approved, it will affect every family.
Let's all stand with Amb. Dickson Akor.
the Nigerian Youths needs to stand-up, this is our only opportunity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by donJ2(m): 10:15pm On May 14, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Police will rather stroll into hell fire than pay that fine

It's rather shallow to make this assertion.
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by donJ2(m): 10:17pm On May 14, 2017
Realdeals:
That judgement was given when PCN was acting within the ambit of the law. They went overboard when they commence nationwide recruitment of youth with the promised that the FG will absolve all of them when the President accent to the law as passed by NASS.

And u r d judge that passed the judgement abi?
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by blessme2019(m): 10:21am On May 15, 2017
I laugh at you all, especially at your gullibility, if you like pray fast, infact invite Jesus over for dinner, the bill already suspended by the House Committee might not be passed again.
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by solodun: 12:28pm On May 15, 2017
blessme2019:
I laugh at you all, especially at your gullibility, if you like pray fast, infact invite Jesus over for dinner, the bill already suspended by the House Committee might not be passed again.

Your gullibility is obvious...you will soon hug transformer if care is not taken...pls I beg, calm down
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by solodun: 12:33pm On May 15, 2017
blessme2019:

Your comments look like someone full of hatred, not like someone with correct information... Continue in your ignorance. But I guess one of your notorious enemies is part of this peace corps, cos your antagonism is beyond ordinary
Re: Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] by Actuarydeji(m): 3:06pm On May 15, 2017
solodun:
Your comments look like someone full of hatred, not like someone with correct information... Continue in your ignorance. But I guess one of your notorious enemies is part of this peace corps, cos your antagonism is beyond ordinary
You don't have to contest anything with him at all. Check is ID very well *blessme2019*. So he's not expecting any good things from God till 2019. Why would he be an enemy of progress? Yeyenatu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8000 Flee From Rann In Borno To Cameroon After Boko Haram Attack / Hope Uzodinma, Timipre Sylva Emerge APC Governorship Candidates For Imo, Bayelsa / Oyedele, Chair Of Presidential Tax Reform Committee, Resigns From PwC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.