Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m (61428 Views)

Kalu Eke Onwuka: FG Treated Me Unfairly Despite Winning Several Medals / Why Liverpool Will NOT Play In The Club World Cup Despite Winning The Champions / Jude Ighalo Pictured With His Mum In A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Limitless72(m): 11:32pm On May 12, 2017
Sunnycliff:
I don't no what to call this. Is this stinginess or economics??

Weytin concern you....haters!!!
U think sey im be like you..
We know your mentality...Mtcheww
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by SirShymexx: 11:33pm On May 12, 2017
Jhamzy:
I love the move he made there. Personally i dont see anything wrong with him still being with his mum under the same roof. As a son, real responsibility starts when he is the one paying most of the bills, which am sure he is doing. So him staying on his own, does not show maturity or responsibility, thinking of the fact that they stay in the same town. Why waste cash staying in different apartment.
On the other hand, he can still get a bigger place and move in with his mum since he is not yet married.
Those seeing him, especially the ladies, as being a mummy's boy or childish are yet to understand the bond between a mum and an only child or son. Smh... We will all get there someday. Mummy's boy is when a guy can't do anything or take decisions without the conscent of his mum. Always run to his mum for little and every issues that concerns him.
There is no doubt that the love and bond between them is inseparable. I think that he should be left alone, cos to me he is fulfilling scriptures by honouring her so that his days will be longer.
Any girl that can't love him and his mum the same way she love her's will have to give chance. Thats just the truth! But eventually, he will still find his destined partner by God's grace.

You're right on the money. People tend to get the term, "momma's boy" misconstrued. When you've actually been out there from early and you've actually experienced the intricacies of living alone and making decisions by yourself, while learning in the process. However, circumstances make you go back home to live with your parents, and you experience a level of success in the process...it's always better to ride it out, till you can be in a space where you know you won't be distracted. Especially when you're aiming for the sky and you more or less just started flying.

At the end of the end, without moving back with his mum and being advised by family member to start following his cousin, (G)benga to the gym to box, so as to stay out of trouble and keep him busy - he wouldn't be where he's today. The guy wants to be a billion and boxing wasn't really his thing till he discovered he could actually box and people saw him as a good prospect. This is a guy that was meant to go prison and was almost got kicked out of the Team GB olympics team. And the only reason he never went to prison's cos Team GB coaches helped a bit and his boxing talent. Heck, all through the olympics training, he had a tag on his leg and living with mum also helped. So, why get carried away now start feeling yourself due to the hype, when you can start ground with what has been working for 5 years? He's a smart guy and when you meet him in person you'll see that. And he's also super street smart.

Folks who throw caution in the wind and start acting reckless after experiencing a bit of success are people who aren't about that life and have never been out there like that. Real Gs don't let money change them - it's always about the masterplan and the Ps and Qs.

Also, his image which is like the antithesis of someone like Mayweather makes people look at him as a softie lol (I'm the biggest fan of the both of them). He's far from that. Business is about image and if Mayweather could exploit the loud, boisterous, and arrogant image to make hundreds of millions - it's only right that AJ uses the opposite of that to make his own money, since people are looking for an anti-Mayweather. However, that doesn't make him a softie cos he isn't. If you could shot weed on the streets of North West London, with a banging line, that made you enough money to buy a Merc at 20 and get nicked with 8 ounces - there's nothing soft you. He's thorough, hence he stays knocking all these people out and he'll keep knocking their arses out. They should just line them up and that vicious uppercut will drop them all the way to a billi. grin

Big ups to his mum - wonderful black mum.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by uyplus(m): 11:36pm On May 12, 2017
decatalyst:
Never underestimate the role her mom played in his success...he still needs more.

It may also be a ploy to reduce the number of slay queens wey want his cassava grin

Guy don tire of supplying condensed milk grin grin

**her mom played*** pronoun ambiguity. Who is the "her" referring to??
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by firstking01(m): 11:38pm On May 12, 2017
Peeps saying he shouldn't live with his mum, you think they have the same poverty mentality as yours?...from what i 've read i think the mum is his source of motivation...no wonder he ain't declining the fact that he's a nigerian knowing fully well where the mum actually came from.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by jayeoba92: 11:45pm On May 12, 2017
cool..... is something i can do as too.
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by mctowel01: 11:48pm On May 12, 2017
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by oduastates: 11:55pm On May 12, 2017
Epositive:
You are now a man not a boy cheesy

Tell that to his face
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Skubidude(m): 11:56pm On May 12, 2017
That's a typical mummy's boy there.
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by emi14: 12:00am On May 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by emi14: 12:01am On May 13, 2017
He"s there to visit. He"s already out of there

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by dhantey324(m): 12:24am On May 13, 2017
Amadioha strike any girl that calls a man, mama's boy. His mum, his love, his choice, his life cool

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Valindazz(m): 12:54am On May 13, 2017
fadafuqer:
Who has Tecno L8 screen for sale check my signature for my number
I have the full phone for sale!
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by SirShymexx: 1:30am On May 13, 2017
To those of you thinking he's a softie and momma's boy for being focused/grounded...liten to this interview from the 1.30 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tKx4n9r0bI

Run up a road man and think he's soft. grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Josephamstrong1(m): 2:41am On May 13, 2017
smithsydny:
Pikin wah get sense

Shee he for don visit the 36 states? grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by guttentag(m): 3:06am On May 13, 2017
coolcharm:
I think its best he leaves go live his own life. There are a thousand and one ways to still keep showing love to his mom.

How u go dey beat people up an down still dey run enter mama house? Mbanu!

Guy u wicked
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Adminisher: 3:25am On May 13, 2017
The kind of Yoruba sense in this boy is unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by DLuciano: 4:16am On May 13, 2017
Epositive:
if your VP is still a son at age 60 to a non biological father , how much more Joshua to his very mother.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Funjosh(m): 4:42am On May 13, 2017
enemyofprogress:
you think everyone is like you that ran away from home at age 12 cheesy

So you are still on Nairaland tongue
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by TerrorSquad147: 4:55am On May 13, 2017
Sunnycliff:
I don't no what to call this. Is this stinginess or economics??
bros London people dey stingy die, all my friends and relatives wey dey live there no dey even carry boxers come anytime they visit naija

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by TerrorSquad147: 4:59am On May 13, 2017
crackhouse:
I think u prefer it when he spends money like mayweather so that when it finishes like Mike Tyson own then u will start addressing him as a fool without sense.
lol grin grin Nice reply
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by TerrorSquad147: 5:01am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Can someone explain the above statement to me? Or are they out their damn mind?! When people like Mayweather, or even Klitshchko (who defended the belt many times) ain't billionaire, how is this one hit wonder gonna do better?!
London media can over-hype anything that has to do with them
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by oluseun74: 5:56am On May 13, 2017
AJ ... In as much he continues to honour the mother then success will continue to follow him, because the love and prayer of our mother over our success is unparallelled
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by oluseun74: 5:57am On May 13, 2017
AJ ... In as much as he continues to honour the mother then success will continue to follow him, because the love and prayer of our mother over our success are unparallelled .
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Nweike1: 6:05am On May 13, 2017
God bless you guy. You are really sensible
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by azimibraun: 6:20am On May 13, 2017
But he has a customise Range Rover whey fit buy flat for Osborne Towers na?
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Nobody: 6:24am On May 13, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

Shee he for don visit the 36 states? grin
I can relate to DAT.. grin grin Nigerian blood
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by KanwuliaExtra: 6:28am On May 13, 2017
Na Tuberculosis Joshua pikin?
I see a "resembleness"! wink
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by abbeyty(m): 6:34am On May 13, 2017
enemyofprogress:
you think everyone is like you that ran away from home at age 12 cheesy

lol ran away from home at 12 ? That means he started early
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by BrokenTV: 6:35am On May 13, 2017
Shawnnn01:
That's him being a Yoruba man we do not brag we are no chest beater.
Don't brag about him being a Yoruba man i quess Davido is Igbo abi Hausa.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by toprealman: 6:38am On May 13, 2017
coolcharm:
I think its best he leaves go live his own life. There are a thousand and one ways to still keep showing love to his mom.

How u go dey beat people up an down still dey run enter mama house? Mbanu!
Live and let live braver!
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by Nobody: 6:49am On May 13, 2017
kelvine:
Some babes go don de apply as baby mama.
im gon be the wife cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Moves Back Into His Mum's Two Bedroom Flat Despite Winning £15m by gcof(m): 6:52am On May 13, 2017
Epositive:
living with your parents doesn't make you a boy as far as they don't interfere with your decisions. Its obvious he is the one taking care of the mama and footing every bill

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni And His Daughters, Kay And Katty Pictured / Neymar, World's Most Expensive Player Braves Nude In -157°C Ice Chamber(Photos). / Ronaldo: Plane With "Believe Kathryn Mayorga" Message Flown OVer Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.