Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang (1114 Views)

Ekiti: Fayose Congratulates Fayemi On One-Year In Office / Osun By-Election: Fayose Congratulates Adeleke, Says Isiaka Didn’t Die In Vain / Fayose Congratulates Tinubu On His 65th Birthday (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by Skubidude(m): 4:21am On May 13, 2017
- Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state congratulates Abia state governor Okezie Ikpeazu

- The governor also lampooned Justice Abang who delivered judgement against Ikpeazu

- Fayose said Abang is corrupt and a disgrace to the bench

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has congratulated Abia state Governor Okezie Ikpeazu on reinstatement as the governor after he was sacked by Justice Okon Abang.

Fayose while congratulating Ikpeazu also mocked Justice Abang for what he called his 'corrupt' judgement over Ikpeazu case.

The Supreme court threw out the tax evasion case against Ikpeazu, calling it baseless allegations on Friday, May 12.

Fayose while congratulating the governor said: “Your Excellency must more than ever before continue to make a difference in the lives of your people. You must continue to put a wide gap between your good self and the political charlatans who have now got to their tether’s end.

“The Supreme Court, where they have now failed, is the last bus stop for them. They also failed at the Court of Appeal.

“It is instructive that the only court where your opponents won was at the high court of Justice Okon Abang, who has become notorious for “Jankara” and “Oluwole.”

“It is a shame that a man like Abang, who has been roundly lampooned again and again by his colleagues and superiors as a disgrace to the Bench, still answers the name of a judge and continues to sit on the Bench.

“He should be kicked out without delay. His peers and superiors have told us times without number that Abang dispenses injustice. His pronouncements, rulings and judgments have variously been described by fellow judges as a travesty of justice. What is such a man still doing on the Bench?

“I make bold to say that Abang is not fit to be in the Judiciary system again.

“A judge adjudged by fellow judges as having committed ‘great violence against one of the pillars of our criminal justice’ has outlived his usefulness on the Bench."

Meanwhile, residents of Abia state trooped out to the street to welcome Governor Ikpeazu back after the judgment today.

The governor, after a worship at the Government House Chapel told journalists that he is dedicating his victory to God and Abia state people.

The governor insisted that his victory would be of benefit to the people of his state.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by DLuciano: 4:27am On May 13, 2017
Fayose the APC nightmare

1 Like

Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by moscow0147(m): 4:33am On May 13, 2017
oshokomole

1 Like

Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by chukkystar(m): 4:36am On May 13, 2017
The man with zero fear

1 Like

Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by mercenary: 4:39am On May 13, 2017
Congrats Ikpeazu... And to Abang, you will come back home after retirement
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by Ikpewe: 5:52am On May 13, 2017
Fayose keep on talking trash your end willl s6on come.
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by smellingmenses: 6:03am On May 13, 2017
You will never have a beginning not to talk of an end!
Ikpewe:
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by Benekruku(m): 6:22am On May 13, 2017
Does any development happen in Ekiti outside there Governor spewing trash?

Nothing positive comes out of the refugee camp outside food ditribution
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by vpaymoney(m): 6:37am On May 13, 2017
Ikpewe:
You Coward. Your end will first COME b4 oshoko
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by DieBuhari: 6:39am On May 13, 2017
Legendary Yoruba man.

Far greater than suicidal Awolowo

1 Like

Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by vpaymoney(m): 6:39am On May 13, 2017
Benekruku:
Does any development happen in Ekiti outside there Governor spewing trash?

Nothing positive comes out of the refugee camp outside food ditribution
You just like a store without storage. Next!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by jericco1(m): 7:16am On May 13, 2017
He seems to be the only governor that has given the APC a run for their money.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by bravo269(m): 7:22am On May 13, 2017
Happy birthday to me. Like to celebrate with me.
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by Ponponkon: 7:59am On May 13, 2017
UPDATED: Why Supreme Court validated election of Abia governor Ikpeazu, says Abang judgement baseless .
The Supreme Court has upheld the election of Abia state governor, Okezie Ikpeazu - The Supreme court has given reasons why it upheld the decision of the Appeal court The Supreme Court on Friday, May 12, disclosed the case which led to the June 27 decision of the Federal High Court to nullify the election of Abia state governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, for alleged tax evasion is baseless, according to Premium times. Last year, NAIJ.com had reported that Justice Okon Abang had in a ruling described the emergence of Ikpeazu as governor of Abia state under the platform of the PDP as null and void. The application was filled by an Abia state businessman, and member of the Peoples Democratic Party, Samson Ogah. However, the Appeal Court on August 18 reversed that decision for lacking in merit. Meanwhile, a five-member panel of Supreme court justices led by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, on Friday,, May 11 upheld the August 18 decision of the Appeal Court. “I’m a government employee and it is also common knowledge that tax is deducted at source,” said Mr. Onnoghen. “They give you a tax clearance certificate, you are not the person who produced the tax certificate. If they say bring your tax clearance, I have my file and my pay slip, if you ask I will say this is my pay slip. “If they don’t send it on time I will ask for my tax clearance because I may need it. When they send it to me and there is anything wrong with it, why should I be held responsible? The long and short of it was that this case was a no case.” Earlier, NAIJ.com reported that the Supreme Court had reserved ruling on applications relating to the Abia state governorship tussle for May 12. READ ALSO: 16 Boko Haram terrorists killed during surprise attack on soldiers Governor Okezie Ikpeazu was the winning candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the April 11 Abia state governorship election and the April 25 supplementary election. Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, the winning candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the April 11 Abia state governorship election and the April 25 However, a businessman, Samson Ogah, had approached the Supreme Court to challenge the August 18, 2016 ruling of the Appeal Court. The appellate court reversed a previous judgement by the Abuja division of the Federal High Court that declared Ogah the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the 2015 governorship election, instead of Okezie Ikpeazu who ran and won the election.
https://www.naij.com/1104366-updated-why-supreme-court-validated-election-abia-governor-ikpeazu-abang-jud.html
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by Agimor(m): 8:09am On May 13, 2017
Ikpewe:
When last did you format your? Please go and do so the virus inside is making go wild.
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by Ikpewe: 8:12pm On May 13, 2017
Agimor:
When last did you format your? Please go and do so the virus inside is making go wild.
Mbok what quoted me?
Re: Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang by Ikpewe: 8:13pm On May 13, 2017
vpaymoney:
You Coward. Your end will first COME b4 oshoko
what is dis 1 typing?

(1) (Reply)

Over 2000 Buses Heading To Umuahia For Meeting With Nnamdi Kanu / Is Kanu's Electron Boycott A Hair Brained Idea Or Masterstroke? / Lagos Ranks 4th Wealthiest In Africa - Afrasia Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.