Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? (7920 Views)

Network Engineers, Ccna,ccnp,ethical Hackers.. Let's Gather Here / How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by techtechh: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
emmy4real94:
wow! you're a female?? it's very rare, a female with all those Cisco certifications, perhaps you could be a mentor to me, I just got my CCNA1, in Nigeria, that wasn't easy for me.. anyway I can contact you pls..
The new CCNA?
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
emmy4real94:
wow! you're a female?? it's very rare, a female with all those Cisco certifications, perhaps you could be a mentor to me, I just got my CCNA1, in Nigeria, that wasn't easy for me.. anyway I can contact you pls..
which one is CCNA 1? You mean CCENT?
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by emmy4real94(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
techtechh:

The new CCNA?
I registered through one institution, but assessment were taken on Netacad, it's called CCNA1 version 7.. it's from CCNA to CCNA4.. however this certification is very confusing to me as the one I saw from other countries is CCNA 200-301.... please would you leave me with any contact? I would love to contact you privately.. thanks!
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by emmy4real94(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
techtechh:

The new CCNA?
I didn't sit for the CCNA exams with a Pearson center, we just downloaded certificate from Netacad after passing the final exams.. quite confusing to me too.
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by Princesagga(m): 4:33am On Aug 29, 2020
emmy4real94:
I registered through one institution, but assessment were taken on Netacad, it's called CCNA1 version 7.. it's from CCNA to CCNA4.. however this certification is very confusing to me as the one I saw from other countries is CCNA 200-301.... please would you leave me with any contact? I would love to contact you privately.. thanks!

Hello... currently in the same situation now, I'm taking classes on CCNA1 through an instituition, I was told a certificate would be given after, however I learnt that for us to take ccna cert exam one would have to take ccna2 classes too. I'm kind of confused what's the difference between the main ccna certification and the one given after taking ccna1
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by emmy512: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2020
Yooku:

After graduating from Univ in June, I went straight into intensive self study and preparation for the CCNA certificate and passed the exam in October. Prior to this I had interviewed with an ISP to do my national service with them and told them I was on preps for the CCNA so they were very interested in taking me on. By the time I started national service in December, having the CCNA under my belt put me at a skill level which was higher than some of the engineers already in the company. I guess although I didn't have any job experience the skill set and drive to learn made them take me on and eventually offer me a full time role in the company after national service had come to an end. So I guess I had no experience, but I was highly skilled. That's one way to get your foot in the door. Get the certification to demonstrate that in terms of knowledge you are there. You do not need much training and you can hit the ground running once you are given the chance to come on board..
Impressive, was to register for CCNA this year but have to push it forward.
Until this covid, i i applied to UNICEM for IT in their company and was assigned to network administrator, all i learnt there in just 3 weeks i wouldn't have known if i had gone where the school chose.
At least when we resume and I'm done with IT I'll have that experience on my Resume with a CCNA by time i graduate
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by emmy4real94(m): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2020
Princesagga:

Hello... currently in the same situation now, I'm taking classes on CCNA1 through an instituition, I was told a certificate would be given after, however I learnt that for us to take ccna cert exam one would have to take ccna2 classes too. I'm kind of confused what's the difference between the main ccna certification and the one given after taking ccna1
bases on my observations they just split the courses into factions and it's not like this in other countries because I meet people from India and it's different..
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by techtechh: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
emmy4real94:
bases on my observations they just split the courses into factions and it's not like this in other countries because I meet people from India and it's different..
There is a new ccna exam which started in feb 2020 and it’s called ccna 200-301. The new exam emerge all the different categories of the previous exam into one.

You can check YouTube for more details

1 Like

Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by luvlyoracle(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
chosenwan1:
You still interested in networking let me know
sir pls I am interested
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by chinchonglee(m): 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
ebixy:
I have interest in computer networking, but every time i visit the programming or computer section of Nairaland all i see is PROGRAMMERS.

I think computer networking needs a section of its own, where experts can help newbies like me on Cisco certifications and other ICT certifications. I'm sure we have even CCIEs on nairaland

What do you people think?
Maintaining a CISCO certificate is hard and financially tough...
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by depotyy: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2021
Get certified on your 1st attempt

Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by Hannania(m): 11:14am On Nov 14, 2021
Princesagga:

what you're taking is the academy course of CCNA. The current version is version 7. When you're done, based on your pass pack for the CCNA4,(academy exam on netacad) you'd be given a maximum of 61% voucher to write the main CCNA 200-300 which is the real Cisco CCNA certification. That one cost $300.

So what you're taking is academy courses. The exams not the real certification.
Re: Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? by Hannania(m): 11:18am On Nov 14, 2021
emmy4real94:
bases on my observations they just split the courses into factions and it's not like this in other countries because I meet people from India and it's different.
CCNA is the same thing globally. Navigate to the last part of your netacad dashboard, and you'd see the criteria to get a discount to write the main CCNA 200-300 exam. It cost $300.

That splitting is just an academy prep exam. My colleague wrote the last CCNA4 netacad exam, and he got 71%. Cisco gave him 41% discount to write the main CCNA 200-300

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is A Programmer / I Don't Need Math / How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.