Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts (16557 Views)

FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules / Oshodi Transport Interchange: An Update On The $70million Project - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Jaabioro(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2017
Wa are having what I will called moribund system, technically it meant to robbed the nation of her common wealths. The amount of micro corruption going on in our system can't be quantified..

2 Likes

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by fkj950ax(m): 12:34pm On May 14, 2017
UgwuKristian:
Yes, Brown roofed Afonja.

You are such a child.

If you didn't read the post, I'd help you out.
The politicians have shortchanged you since forever, and it is sad to find out $70m/year since 2007 has been going to a corrupt few.

If I spend that whole amount in your State, every child born in the past 10years would have Harvard standard education. But you are here revelling in tribalism.

Its morons like you that got us here in the first place!
And you are busy engaging in acts to keep us here longer.

13 Likes

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Blue3k(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2017
x240:
You guys have not seen anything.

Had a friend whose dad owned a paper tug boat leasing company.

They made nothing less than $100,000 a day leasing out non existent boats to NNPC and the likes.

The guy is a big baller. Stays in a $40k serviced apartment here in Lagos and you guys would be here shouting on needless fights that don't add one naira to your pocket. The corruption in Nigeria. Only God knows when it would end.

shocked shocked shocked did you say non existent boats. This is insane. If the war on curruption real they probably need a real army of lawyers to stop this. Honestly Buhari should focus on the big sectors like oil and shipping first. Then strengthen transparency laws.

3 Likes

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by DWJOBScom(m): 12:51pm On May 14, 2017
raker300:
i hope you know 80% of apc members were former pdp?

and that they are now saints and can keep their monies. I hope they publish the name of the NGF Governor
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by monex(m): 12:55pm On May 14, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP!!!
Obasanjo !!!
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Aburi001: 12:55pm On May 14, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP!!!
The more you look, the more loots and fraudulent acts you see. tongue

Abracadabra grin

1 Like

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by hardywaltz(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2017
Good
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by mmsen: 1:22pm On May 14, 2017
Babacele:
I don't ever want to hear that plague of a word- ever again!

Many of the people in APC were formerly in PDP - you think Amaechi is any less crooked?

Even those who weren't in PDP had their hands in the mess made by the military - first and foremost amongst them is Buhari and yet people were screaming 'Sai Baba' not so long ago.
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Benekruku(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2017
PDP ruined Nigeria

And what amazes the most is that the party is still bent on ruining the country at all cost

A shameful party of crooks should have just buried it's head quietly after 16 years of demonic rule

3 Likes

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Awho(m): 1:36pm On May 14, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP!!!

was PDP in power in 2016 or does PDP control Lagos state ? didn't you notice it was a Lagos state joint venture?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Awho(m): 1:39pm On May 14, 2017
I truly fell sorry for Nigeria it is obvious that we are not ready to move forward imagine we even have an alternative port in calabar but those firms refused the establishment of the port. Nigeria my Nigeria I fell for you

1 Like

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 14, 2017
Babacele:
So is the word the problem or the people that used it then?

These people used that word then:
Atiku
OBJ
Orji Kalu
Rotimi Amechi
Prof Osunbor
Olusola Oke
Ngige chris
Gbemi Saraki
Joshua Dariye

So think we'll before u start posting rubbish here.

1 Like

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by kkoffo(m): 1:48pm On May 14, 2017
I work for this company when they started,they are indeed crooks God of vengeance has visit them.

3 Likes

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by RALPHOW(m): 1:53pm On May 14, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP!!!

CRIMINALS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by baby124: 1:54pm On May 14, 2017
Send send in public accounting firms in there for yearly audit. Let them go and reveal all the fraud there. Who ever took money without delivering service must deliver the service or return all the money. Shikena

1 Like

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by GavelSlam: 1:56pm On May 14, 2017
raker300:
i hope you know 80% of apc members were former pdp?

Welcome census enumeration officer.
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by higgs: 1:59pm On May 14, 2017
Nigeria already have good procurement laws.The problem is who will implement the laws.The civil servants who are supposed to do so have other interests rather than the public good.How can someone pocket $12.5M without doing anything?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Blue3k(m): 2:06pm On May 14, 2017
Awho:

was PDP in power in 2016 or does PDP control Lagos state ? didn't you notice it was a Lagos state joint venture?

You're misunderstanding the situation. The JV is federal government. NPA held 60 percent of the stakes in these companies. Then this development started in 2006.

Lagos Channel Management and Bonny Channel Management are the 2 joint venture firms listed in article.

1 Like

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by tobaseye: 2:53pm On May 14, 2017
I don't know why this type of news still baffles us as Nigerians. I think we have heard and seen it all. All we should be asking ourselves is what is the way forward?... Both APC and PDP are all guilty of corruption and have no good intention for the masses.

You see the politicians partying together at functions, marrying their children out to themselves. They are so far from the masses except during election periods when they are begging for vote.

Nigeria youth should wake up from sleep and stop attacking one another on social media. If an end must come to all these cases of corruption then we have to stop seeing them as role model, stop hailing them and start asking them reasonable and thought provoking questions.

We have more than enough in this country to make every citizen lives a comfortable life.

We should start educating ourselves on how to hijack our destiny from them... because they wont give it back easily and l use our resources to fight back but we have to be resolute if we know want

The end will justify the means.... As they say.
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by ManTiger(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2017
I personally hate to spam a thread but since i'm not popular, kindly check this link #HustleByJapp

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by uzoexcel(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2017
Shame on this thieves
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by jibs4lv(m): 4:57pm On May 14, 2017
Babacele:
by d time gullible ones vote dem bak,i gues u may stil hear dat deadly plague.

but i pray it wil nt happen again !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by jibs4lv(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2017
Awho:

since 2006 ,under federal governmnt-PDP
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Babacele: 5:28pm On May 14, 2017
chymevicks:

So is the word the problem or the people that used it then?

These people used that word then:
Atiku
OBJ
Orji Kalu
Rotimi Amechi
Prof Osunbor
Olusola Oke
Ngige chris
Gbemi Saraki
Joshua Dariye

So think we'll before u start posting rubbish here.
the word is a curse and a dangerous philosophy that has held this country down and a contaminating influence that must be annihilated for Nigeria to grow....why corruption that grew very well under PDP is struggling under a different atmosphere and nomenclature? why you wey dey think before talk?
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Babacele: 5:34pm On May 14, 2017
mmsen:

Many of the people in APC were formerly in PDP - you think Amaechi is any less crooked?

Even those who weren't in PDP had their hands in the mess made by the military - first and foremost amongst them is Buhari and yet people were screaming 'Sai Baba' not so long ago.
you talk and reason like a Pdp : fraudulently arrogant and deliberately misinforming to mislead.
I'm challenging you ,with publicly verifiable facts, expose the atrocities of Buhari and Amaechi that you folks have been making annoying noise about pre and post 2015.
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Skubidude(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2017
greatwhite:
In my opinion the following are the most corrupt govt departments in nigeria.

1. Presidency
2. NASS
3. NNPC
4. NIMASA
5. NPA
6. Customs

Ps: NPA is a learner compared to some others

If the NPF (Police) did not make the 1st 3 of ur list then that list is not complete.
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Fourwinds: 6:33pm On May 14, 2017
greatwhite:
In my opinion the following are the most corrupt govt departments in nigeria.

1. Presidency
2. NASS
3. NNPC
4. NIMASA
5. NPA
6. Customs

Ps: NPA is a learner compared to some others
very true
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Awho(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2017
Blue3k:

You're misunderstanding the situation. The JV is federal government. NPA held 60 percent of the states in these companies. Then this development started in 2006.

Lagos Channel Management and Bonny Channel Management are the 2 joint venture firms listed in article.

so from 2006 pdp has been in charge of Lagos abi
Re: FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts by Blue3k(m): 10:46pm On May 14, 2017
Awho:

so from 2006 pdp has been in charge of Lagos abi

Your ignorance is appalling stop embarrassing yourself. These are federal government contracts. The answer is yes. The Port are controlled by NPA which is federal government organization. PDP was the ruling part back then under President Obasanjo in 2006. The JV companies are 60% owned by NPA.

The firms, Lagos Channel Management and Bonny Channel Management, were formed in 2006, after NPA entered into joint venture partnerships with some “technical partners”, including Dredging International, Vinci, IPEM and Dapesa Maritime International.
The partnership, according to official sources, was for capital and maintenance dredging of the Lagos and Bonny channels, the provision of navigational aids and removal of wrecks. NPA holds 60 percent stakes in the companies.

Ps: Stick to topics you can understand basic politics seems above you. How you failed to get this is odd when I bold all the important points.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Direct Primary: Crisis In Edo APC As Obaseki Battles Oshiomhole / Buhari Marking His Last Christmas In Office –PDP / Lai Mohammed Led A Campaign Train To The Family Of Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.