Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,976 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules (28003 Views)

Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by vicdom(m): 2:29pm On May 10, 2019
Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' Appeal Court Rules
In a unanimous judgment of its three-month bench led by Justice Stephen Adah, the Court of Appeal however ruled that the CCT’s ex parte order breached the ex-CJN’s right to fairing hearing.

The Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal on Friday struck out an appeal by the ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, challenging an ex parte order of the Code of Conduct Tribunal issued on January 23, 2019, for his suspension from office pending his trial before the tribunal.

President Muhammadu Buhari had on the strenght of the ex parte order suspended on Onnoghen from office on January 25.

Justice Adah who read the lead judgment noted that the court proceedings ought not to be conducted “in a shady or clandestine manouvre” as manner in which the ex parte order was obtained by the prosecution.

In a unanimous judgment of its three-month bench led by Justice Stephen Adah, the Court of Appeal however ruled that the CCT’s ex parte order breached the ex-CJN’s right to fairing hearing.

He however struck out the matter on the grounds that the substantive matter had been concluded by the CCT which ended in the ex-CJN’s conviction on charges of false and non-declaration of assets.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/10/update-onnoghens-suspension-done-shady-manner-appeal-court-rules

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by ainas247: 2:35pm On May 10, 2019
wink Please educate me can appeal court reinstate his suspension?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Flyingngel(m): 2:36pm On May 10, 2019
I blame Onnoghen for all he is going through. Hw can the head of judiciary be this careless.
He knew that he didn't declare all his asset and he comfortable sat down as if he control the cabal.
In as much as i don't condone corruption i knw that all those prosecuting him are all corrupt.
The first time of having a south- south person he went there and think upside down.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by juigonoh(m): 2:36pm On May 10, 2019
why is Nigerian like this nothing good can be done for one day

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by rawtouch: 2:36pm On May 10, 2019
shady aftermath

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by netpro(m): 2:36pm On May 10, 2019
As I said before, it is easier for an elephant to pass through the eye of a needle than for the PDP's bureau de change CJN to return back.

I applaud Mr. President for acting swiftly on this to safeguard the Justice system of Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Alzirida(f): 2:37pm On May 10, 2019
grin

The end justify the means

Jack Bauer season 9 episode 5

6 Likes

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 10, 2019
na today?
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Divay22(f): 2:37pm On May 10, 2019
Everything about this APC led administration is all shady. From the EFCC nuisance trying to implicate Fayose to the killing of Air Marshall Alex Badeh to the suspension of Walter Onnoghen.
Senseless Administration.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by orion7: 2:38pm On May 10, 2019
rubbish
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by christejames(m): 2:39pm On May 10, 2019
I'm tired of Naija politics abeg...

#followNPFL

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Laid2001: 2:39pm On May 10, 2019
tsheew
Did Onnoghen win or lose the case at the Appeal court?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by christejames(m): 2:39pm On May 10, 2019
I'm tired of Naija politics abeg...

#followNPFL
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by christejames(m): 2:40pm On May 10, 2019
Tired of Naija politics abeg...
#followNPFL
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by OBAGADAFFI: 2:40pm On May 10, 2019
So what was the judgement all about.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by christejames(m): 2:40pm On May 10, 2019
Tired of Naija politics abeg...
#followNPFL
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by FAIRALL(m): 2:40pm On May 10, 2019
Justice delayed, is Justice denied. Typical of Nigeria Justice system

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by bhella10: 2:41pm On May 10, 2019
And so?
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by GentleMoney: 2:42pm On May 10, 2019

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Lagosfinder(m): 2:43pm On May 10, 2019
Closed case
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 10, 2019
[quote author=Okoyeebo post=78272962][/quote]

Waiting for your trashy trash angry

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by lonelydora: 2:43pm On May 10, 2019
Buhari sef
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 10, 2019
Okoyeebo:

You Igbos are too emotional. Learn to analyse issues dispassionately and sensibly.

Also, you insult others and expect them to extend a hand of fellowship to you. This is the same nonsense you did to Asari that Ohaneze had to start begging Asari.

Dont be deceived by some people who claim to be Igbos and Yorubas here... most are here to cause divisions and long threads.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 10, 2019
ok
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Charly68: 2:47pm On May 10, 2019
Flyingngel:
I blame Onnoghen for all he is going through. Hw can the head of judiciary be this careless.
He knew that he didn't declare all his asset and he comfortable sat down as if he control the cabal.
In as much as i don't condone corruption i knw that all those prosecuting him are all corrupt.
You are right but don't forget ,the man is facing the law of kama ..God has a way of proving to all of us that only him has absolute control of every situation.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by Engrduke: 2:48pm On May 10, 2019
ainas247:
wink Please educate me can appeal court reinstate his suspension?

Nope
Re: Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules by ainas247: 2:51pm On May 10, 2019
Engrduke:

Nope

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dele Alake: Tinubu Showed The Calibre Of His Team / Tinubu, Amaechi, Saraki, Others Under Surveillance, Their Phones Hacked – APC / Lekki Shootings: LASG Rejects Foi Request For CCTV Footage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.