Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself (56899 Views)

See The Name Of The Only King That Can't Be Dethroned In Nigeria / Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 8:53am On May 14, 2017
I actually hope he is dethroned. that post there isn't for him. Getting a lot of unnecessary attention for that seat. Let him just go into politics full time
oh and his daughter representing him in that manner is totally wrong. it's their tradition and they're not pleased with it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Miraxzeebility(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2017
Uncivilized bigots trying to frustrate a man who wanna help them out their uncivilized culture

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by chiefolododo(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2017
Sanusi is corrupt

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by aguiyi2: 8:55am On May 14, 2017
Speak thr truth and die, lie and die*.What a country.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by mmsen: 8:57am On May 14, 2017
Daviddson:
I'm actually in favor of showing these traditional rulers who are literally worshiped in Nigeria that they're not above the law and I'd have celebrated it if Sanusi had been something else, but this is clearly a case of persecution and that of powers that be trying to bully him into submission. I hope it fails.

We have no use for any of them. I'm yet to see what they do to justify their positions and lofty expenses.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Godmann(m): 8:58am On May 14, 2017
He's not his grandfather. The man is his father
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 8:58am On May 14, 2017
tollyboy5:
Northerners are dumb as sh1t sad Bleep them all

And you all are clearly very smart.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by hexy40: 9:03am On May 14, 2017
chiefolododo:
Sanusi is corrupt
hahaHAHAHA. ... which politician is not corrupt ?

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 9:05am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:
I won't be forced to debate the issue of misappropriation of funds with the devils but I will only just laugh at the other stupid reasons given by them to want to war with the emir. Sanusi as Emir of Kano simply means 2 captain on a ship in Kano. They should have prepared themselves knowing a Man who spoke against his employer GEJ and the FGN at that big stage was coming down to a smaller stage. A place where he has more influence, experience, knowledge and acceptability than anybody in KNSG at the moment. War with the Emir at your own peril. Manage him well and shine. The Governor and the rest are on a suicide mission. Change has come to the Kano Emirate. The Man on the throne is civilised and full of guts. Why won't he send his little brilliant girl to represent him on an issue concerning little girls? who best would have connected more with those girls than their peer? That was a huge move made by the emir. I applauded him because he made a bold statement with that. " I have a daughter like these girls so I know how it feels when I can't account for here where about" Emir Sanusi may be of the Kano emirate but again the Kano cabal should knw he is a national figure and has friends all over the country across many divides. Nigerians will resist any attempt to mess him for standing by truth against the northern brutal and shameless oligarchs.

LOL! what influence? a governor installed him and a governor can simply remove him. Nigerians will do what? Nigerians are gutless cowards.

I am happy he is encouraging girl child education and empowerment but i think he might be able to contribute to that cause more once he vacates that throne.

But for many other reasons, this rabble rousing megalomaniac doesnt deserve to sit on that throne. Lets see if he gets dethroned if theres any one who can come and install him. LOL "Resist". Pathetic.

That being said, if he were to run for a political office, i'd definitely vote for him.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by AfroSamurai: 9:08am On May 14, 2017
Such pettiness! I believe the powers that be in Kano aren't happy just because Sanusi is telling them the truth, which is their religion is outdated and hated.

They should wash their eyes with sand and see the reality on ground. The north is poor! Plain and simple. Any region that allow men marry women indiscriminately and birth babies the way pigs give birth is heading head on for doom.

Let them know this. They can frustrate Emir Sanusi as they wish. But the truth will always be glaring to them, no matter how they want to hide it.

7 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by torqque7(m): 9:09am On May 14, 2017
He should be the next President after Osibanjo..I'll definitely vote Sanusi,very brilliant hausa man that speaks the truth,it's unfortunate they are fighting him for trying to bring them out of the stone age..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by AfroSamurai: 9:10am On May 14, 2017
trippy:
I actually hope he is dethroned. that post there isn't for him. Getting a lot of unnecessary attention for that seat. Let him just go into politics full time
oh and his daughter representing him in that manner is totally wrong. it's their tradition and they're not pleased with it
There's a say: "evil thrives because men refuse to do something".

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 9:11am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:
If I may add? How many times have we seen Zhara Buhari wear jeans, T-shirt and scarf with no hijab on the social media; The president's wife once dressed semi- corporate to an even at the UN yet the Kano speaker didn't see them as not completely dressed islamically but he is quick to see the little daugter of the emir of Kano becouse he has beef with him. The girl is a Kano indegeine and fits perfectly on that occasion.what is wrong with giving opportunities to leaders of tommorow today? I have a daughter and all those who have will wish it was their daughter n that stage talking passionately that day. Investigate him for every other thing but dnt mention his daughter and dressing islamically. Aside her face, neck and hand did she expose any body part indecently? People with daughters will rise against the cabal in Kano. You can't hold our girls down. They must grow and they must get involved in issues. We must give our girls responsibilities. There is work to be done.

Again, i am all for female empowerment.

But you speak as if your opinion, morals or way of life is of any relevance to ours. Not that i disagree with you but since when do you decide whats decent islamically and what is not? why will you compare the standards of the daughter of a secular president to that of a religious monarch.
If you think there's a play against females in the north, how does that concern your daughter in the south?

You are so passionate about matters that don't concern or affect you.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Franzinni: 9:12am On May 14, 2017
The cabal.. Sanusi is too westernized.... He won't fit into the northern agenda...

They rather remove him and install their puppet.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Ogalanyachieze: 9:12am On May 14, 2017
In summary He charged that
1 sanusi was getting involved in politics
2 he misappropriated emirates funds
3 spoke against buhari.

1 i thought its only christians that involve politics with religion. You wont see them talk now
2 misappropriation 20b dollars comes to mind
3 here lies the main reason for all this persecution/ prosecution. Just because of a vegetable

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by wasiudvd(m): 9:13am On May 14, 2017
Lagido Sanusi Lagido then as CBN governor removed people as the head of institution they single handedly built. the same allegations, Financial misappropriation, conducts against cooperate ethics e.t.c.
According to him he was cleaning the financial institutions of mess, but he really messed things up.
he is alleged to have...., let him be probed, if found guilty, he should face the penalty.
Karma is a biatch.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Viking007(m): 9:14am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:
I won't be forced to debate the issue of misappropriation of funds with the devils but I will only just laugh at the other stupid reasons given by them to want to war with the emir. Sanusi as Emir of Kano simply means 2 captain on a ship in Kano. They should have prepared themselves knowing a Man who spoke against his employer GEJ and the FGN at that big stage was coming down to a smaller stage. A place where he has more influence, experience, knowledge and acceptability than anybody in KNSG at the moment. War with the Emir at your own peril. Manage him well and shine. The Governor and the rest are on a suicide mission. Change has come to the Kano Emirate. The Man on the throne is civilised and full of guts. Why won't he send his little brilliant girl to represent him on an issue concerning little girls? who best would have connected more with those girls than their peer? That was a huge move made by the emir. I applauded him because he made a bold statement with that. " I have a daughter like these girls so I know how it feels when I can't account for here where about" Emir Sanusi may be of the Kano emirate but again the Kano cabal should knw he is a national figure and has friends all over the country across many divides. Nigerians will resist any attempt to mess him for standing by truth against the northern brutal and shameless oligarchs.
Epic! 10/10.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 9:16am On May 14, 2017
Franzinni:
The cabal.. Sanusi is too westernized.... He won't fit into the northern agenda...

What northern agenda? grin

I swear you lot speak as if we're some sort of sith lords. There is no northern agenda.

His actions do not suit that of someone on that throne. He has no influence on Nigeria as a whole so you need not worry who the emir is.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Truthisit: 9:31am On May 14, 2017
If Emir Sanusi is dethroned, then Oba of Lagos should be warming up, because he would be the next.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by 4dor: 9:37am On May 14, 2017
Ersan:

What northern agenda? grin

I swear you lot speak as if we're some sort of sith lords. There is no northern agenda.

His actions do not suit that of someone on that throne. He has no influence on Nigeria as a whole so you need not worry who the emir is.

Actually the North in general is a feudal state and you know dogmatism is what keeps feudal states strong, Sanusi has made an attempt to hit that base and that's why this is a mess.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 9:43am On May 14, 2017
Just because he told some primitive cow-brains the BITTER TRUTH!

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Gayigaskia(m): 9:59am On May 14, 2017
Godmann:
He's not his grandfather. The man is his father

Don't mind them everything about this thread is wrong and misleading as hell. And the story has not been fully told, the full story will actually show why SLS was made Emir, since his emergence as Emir was arranged back then. This is what GEJ tried to go against and miserably failed.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 9:59am On May 14, 2017
Daviddson:
I'm actually in favor of showing these traditional rulers who are literally worshiped in Nigeria that they're not above the law and I'd have celebrated it if Sanusi had been something else, but this is clearly a case of persecution and that of powers that be trying to bully him into submission. I hope it fails.

I do agree with you but only to the extent of him not being above the law.... Sanusi has taken some steps ever since he force himself on to that sit that even he him self knows are not right.If he felt he wasn't ready to sit on that throne then he should not have done that probably to prove a point. Sanusi is not above anyone and doesn't not carry him self with much self respect and dignity .forget the stiffs you read on media am referringvto how he even acts in kano as Sanusi not even as emir
Sanusi is answerable to a commissioner ...He has no business condemning the government publicly I feel witybhis level of knowledge and maturity,he should have picked his phone or Better still made a quiet un noticed visit to ganduje to discuss this visit ,give his observations and prefer solution
What is he trying to prove ? This is the first time in the history of first class emirs this sort of back and forth and constatny insult on an emir is occiring for goodness sake ... not even first class all emirs.Haba!
Besides,apart from the money kano is investigating ,let him also tell us how he spent all the money late bayero left under how many months.......when you know you have no skeletons ,feel free to criticize but when you know u don't,just respect your self

Am waiting for his media pple those paid to go every where and attack the truth to come and say rubbish here
Any way,I don't ttruth it will getvhim being dethroned, I believe its just for media

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by gnykelly(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2017
ourema:
I remember the power play that took place before his appointment in GEJ administration. I wonder what he will say if eventually he is Dethroned like his own grand father. He needs to go into politics
he may be dethroned. that will give room to contest as president, in that way he will be able to deal with the political establishment.

by the way he is bigger than that emirship and the Emirates.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by judgedredd22(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2017
Franzinni:

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Teenaira: 10:04am On May 14, 2017
This development is very good for the north, our government and Nigeria at large. Once the Emir is dethroned, it will be very glaring to everybody that the north has been hijacked by a non progressive cabal for long and these cabals need to be dislodged. It will take a lot of effort and time but it will happen invariably. The emir will even become more popular if this act succeeds leading to an internal agitation coming from the north itself. It will get clear to a lot of educated norther non cabal that the brainwashing in the name of religion, tradition and culture is very real and then a wake up call will build up.

Thank you Emir Sanusi for your effort at liberating your people. The price you will pay for this may be huge, but when you look back you will see it is really worth it.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 10:06am On May 14, 2017
What happens when an Emir dabbles so much into politics.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by gnykelly(m): 10:07am On May 14, 2017
trippy:

I don't expect this shit from a lady. he is fighting for your gender to be well represented. you are sticking to a tradition that debase your gender.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by judgedredd22(m): 10:08am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:

well articulated, but.... remember, the people coming against him are not coming from the same angle of reason and principles, they are coming from the angle of traditional/radical islam and in that, reason and principles have no place only raw sentiments and barbarism... with that, they will appeal to their dumbed down audience and get the needed support. Check precedents of previous similar events in the north and you'll have a better understanding. Sanusi is islamic, but somewhat progressive in approach, his support base and willing audience is tiny compared to the whole!
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Salym(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2017
Sanusi has been behaving like an activist rather than a leader people look up to. What he did is akin to a state governor blasting his people on the media about bribery, corruption, lack of amenities and so forth without putting the resources available to him to make a change to peoples lives. A perfect example is the case of Dickson the governor of Bayelsa state who termed his people lazy and also talked about their backwardness. What has he done to change the mindset of his people and improve their lives? The answer is none. People here on Nairaland abused the living daylight out of him. Ofcourse what sanusi said have been problems the North faces. What we lack is the first person to take the bull by the horn and start the process of change. Why he didnt take that chance and write his name in gold in the annals of history but prefer using big words to abuse people is best known to him.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by abashi47(m): 10:19am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:
brosd u too much abeg...They forgot he is damn too educated and will def. bring more civilization to d system

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by EnkayDezign: 10:20am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:

#iStandWithSLS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prince Monday Obukeni Weds 2 Women Ufuoma Ozoro, Oghale Andrew Same Day In Delta / Some Legendary Nigerian Pictures And Quotes / Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.