Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What (15469 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / Tb Joshua Is A Man Of God No Matter What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by mraNINI(f): 8:09am On May 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by WhistleB(m): 8:09am On May 14, 2017
Cc: Bishop Oyedepo, Pst. Tomson, Pst. Omotoso, Apostle Suleiman etc
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by Saintsbrown(m): 8:10am On May 14, 2017
clems88:
you must be a cow
I beg to defer.
I believe ure d real cow
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by lonelydora: 8:11am On May 14, 2017
Akshow:
My list

1. Use tithe and offering money to buy jet and be gallivanting upandown while his flocks are hungry.

2. Use tithe and offering money to build University and charge Hugh fees when they themselves went to free missionary schools.

3. Use tithe and offering money to gbaladun in Canada with a stripper.

4. Preaching to the flock that their paradise is in heaven while they live their own paradise here on earth.

5. Turn church into a family business with only family members heading top post.

6. Making only people from a tribe alone the pastors

7. Deceiving the flock that prayer cure diseases. Gullible flock, seek medical care before u pray. Don't deceive ursef.

8. Doing fake arrangee miracles and healing. Mr pastor, go to the hospital and heal the patients there, then we will believe you.

9. Taxing congregation upandown every day. Sunday offering, family offering, project offering, etx

10. Mummy G. O. Go and siddon one place. Even the Bible did not recognize ur position. Jesus had no wife

11. Frolicking with polithiefcians

12. Wearing blink blink and living ostentatious lifestyle while ur congregation suffer in penury

13. Selling of annoited oil and other prayer items. The church isn't a market.

14. Pastors should stop deceiving people. Shikena. I rest my case. Quote me without insult. Cos i'm in the mood to reply any morrafucker

Why you dey vex like this nah? grin

1 Like

Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by Akshow: 8:11am On May 14, 2017
clems88:
I must be a cow
I concur.
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by nattyjay(m): 8:12am On May 14, 2017
saintfizzo:
angry so you are the coach for pastors? Just asking tho undecided angry so you are the coach for pastors? Just asking tho

Abi U be pastor?
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by clems88(m): 8:12am On May 14, 2017
Saintsbrown:
I beg to defer.
I believe ure d real cow
I rebuke this foolishness IJN
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by princetom1(m): 8:12am On May 14, 2017
damosky12:
You have a point. But where are the Scriptures?

Do u still even need scriptures for this? No vex sir, use ur own brain. If ur instinct can't tell u these are wrong to the core, another pastor will come and quote any bible passage for u and interpret it anyway he likes, since that's wat u want- just to see a Bible quote

1 Like

Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by clems88(m): 8:14am On May 14, 2017
Akshow:
I concur.
you referred it to your self while typing it grin eya sorry o grin
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by princetom1(m): 8:15am On May 14, 2017
clems88:
you must be a cow

Why?
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by clems88(m): 8:17am On May 14, 2017
princetom1:

Why?
because y got 2 branches and long tail
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by ceejay80s(m): 8:18am On May 14, 2017
Akshow:
My list

1. Use tithe and offering money to buy jet and be gallivanting upandown while his flocks are hungry.

2. Use tithe and offering money to build University and charge Hugh fees when they themselves went to free missionary schools.

3. Use tithe and offering money to gbaladun in Canada with a stripper.

4. Preaching to the flock that their paradise is in heaven while they live their own paradise here on earth.

5. Turn church into a family business with only family members heading top post.

6. Making only people from a tribe alone the pastors

7. Deceiving the flock that prayer cure diseases. Gullible flock, seek medical care before u pray. Don't deceive ursef.

8. Doing fake arrangee miracles and healing. Mr pastor, go to the hospital and heal the patients there, then we will believe you.

9. Taxing congregation upandown every day. Sunday offering, family offering, project offering, etx

10. Mummy G. O. Go and siddon one place. Even the Bible did not recognize ur position. Jesus had no wife

11. Frolicking with polithiefcians

12. Wearing blink blink and living ostentatious lifestyle while ur congregation suffer in penury

13. Selling of annoited oil and other prayer items. The church isn't a market.

14. Pastors should stop deceiving people. Shikena. I rest my case. Quote me without insult. Cos i'm in the mood to reply any morrafucker

The truest talk
10million likes

1 Like

Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by Akshow: 8:20am On May 14, 2017
clems88:
you referred it to your self while typing it grin eya sorry o grin
This pix says otherwise grin
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by Homers123(m): 8:25am On May 14, 2017
Are you talking to naija pastors?
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by DonCortino: 8:26am On May 14, 2017
Who dafuck are u guys reffering to as sheep?
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by neocortex: 8:49am On May 14, 2017
@Op change your title to : "Things pastors love doing"
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by freethesheeple(m): 8:52am On May 14, 2017
According to satanic Bible:Christanity is based on HYPOCRICY.
Take Offering and tite away from Pastors and they will Riot
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by freethesheeple(m): 8:53am On May 14, 2017
DonCortino:
Who dafuck are u guys reffering to as sheep?

the mumus who dont believe in Helping fellow human beings but make sure they pay their tite.
They fellow sheepishlpy and blindly
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by freethesheeple(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2017
Homers123:
Are you talking to naija pastors?

yes...the Yahoo Yahoo Pastors
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by DonCortino: 9:00am On May 14, 2017
freethesheeple:

the mumus who dont believe in Helping fellow human beings but make sure they pay their tite.
They fellow sheepishlpy and blindly

Oh! I see!
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by damosky12(m): 9:17am On May 14, 2017
princetom1:

Do u still even need scriptures for this? No vex sir, use ur own brain. If ur instinct can't tell u these are wrong to the core, another pastor will come and quote any bible passage for u and interpret it anyway he likes, since that's wat u want- just to see a Bible quote

Don't be ignorant.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

The emphasize the teachings of the Scriptures above common sense.

As for your tirade against pastors,

Jeremiah 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

There are genuine pastors who expound the Scriptures well. That's why you should go to church where Scriptures are taught rather than the gibberish of common sense that can be countered.
If you go by common sense or "your brain" as you put it, how do you know if Jesus died and resurrected? Does your brain tell you?
Apparently not. The SCRIPTURES do.

Teach the Scriptures. Not "your brain".
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by freethesheeple(m): 9:28am On May 14, 2017
damosky12:

Don't be ignorant.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Jeremiah 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

There are genuine pastors who expound the Scriptures well. That's why you should go to church where Scriptures are taught rather than the gibberish of common sense that can be countered.
If you go by common sense or "your brain" as you put it, how do you know if Jesus died and resurrected? Does your brain tell you?

sir where is ur Malachai 3 Vs 10?
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by freethesheeple(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2017
Am begining to see that Religion is Deceptive...I believe in God but Religion is a slavery unto we Africans!!!!!....Its better to Live by the Principles of Nature than Being Too Religious and foolishly obyeing your Pastor!

Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by jericco1(m): 9:40am On May 14, 2017
Taxing members
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by princetom1(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2017
damosky12:

Don't be ignorant.

If u don't have a brain of your own, how can u even comprehend? Look at the world today, 99% of pastors are fake. Mathew 7 : 15, 16, by their fruit, you shall know them. Have u ever thought it to yourself why many are still enslave with false doctrines? Go to churches today, everything the pastor says is AMEN, spend 4 hours in service only 1 Bible verse read, the rest is dancing like it's a club house. 2 Timothy 4: 3, 4, false teachings. In all things, always keep ur senses (1 Timothy 5: 6.
You know what separates the dark ages from this era? Civilization. It's easy to be brainwash if u don't use ur senses. How else do u explain people flocking to a pastor that is defining dem and tell dem he saw it in Vision? Or should i remind u pastor King that his followers are worshipping instead of God? The Bible is light, to help us see better
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by princetom1(m): 9:56am On May 14, 2017
freethesheeple:
Am begining to see that Religion is Deceptive...I believe in God but Religion is a slavery unto we Africans!!!!!....Its better to Live by the Principles of Nature than Being Too Religious and foolishly obyeing your Pastor!

You mean, fake pastors? Don't follow anybody pls. Follow ur God,
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by tonytony208(m): 10:19am On May 14, 2017
Chikelue2000:
water down the gospel, so true. our pastors should be careful of what they preach. I find it funny when churches now invite comedians to entertain people all in d name of getting members?. End time is here upon us brothers n sisters

A pastor who isn't living uprightly will want to cover up his own sins by watering down the Gospel.
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by 2shure: 10:47am On May 14, 2017
Jesus never sold holy water
Handkerchief
Rings
Dvd's

Religion in naija is jus a huge scam fully practised by false God of Men.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by clems88(m): 11:12am On May 14, 2017
princetom1:

Why?
smh .... I pity ur generation
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by hardeycute(m): 11:26am On May 14, 2017
1.Give free water to people especially congregants.Money must be collected

2.Stop using dubious means to rip money off members

3.Being an example to what they profess
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by 2016v2017: 11:27am On May 14, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
There are indeed many dangers for last-day ministers. Whether you are an apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor or teacher, there are temptations and pitfalls at every turn. There are fiery darts coming your way. It can be difficult to know whom to trust. But that doesn’t mean you need to get stupid.

So if you are a minister, or if you aspire to be one, please decide now not to do the 10 stupid things Lee mentioned. And for good measure, please decide now not to do the 10 more stupid things I’ve outlined below that, unfortunately, have also become common in our movement during the past decade.

1. Abuse the sheep.

Always remember that church staff—and church volunteers—are serving God, not you. Spiritual abuse is a dirty little secret in the charismatic church that is seldom exposed because it would topple small and large man-made empires alike.
If you aren’t willing to be the servant of all—if you think the sheep are there to serve you—please hang up your ministry aspirations before you hurt someone. We don’t need more spiritual abusers in the pulpit.

2. Water down the gospel.

If you aren’t going to preach the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth—so help you God!—please don’t preach. Although there are many effective preaching styles, if you aren’t bold enough to preach the whole gospel—even the parts people don’t want to hear—then pray for boldness until you are.

3. Refuse to release people into ministry.

God’s people don’t belong to you. You aren’t the one who called them, Jesus did. You aren’t the one who anointed them, the Holy Spirit did. If you feel threatened at the notion of your worship leader moving on—or your members attending a conference at another local church—your insecurities are perverting your leadership. Equip people for the work of the ministry and then let them fulfill their calling no matter where God leads them without cursing them on their way out the door.

4. Focus on gimmicks and programs rather than people.

Seeker-friendly churches bring in bubble machines to attract the kids and A-to-Z programs to attract the adults. When the focus is on glitz, glare, glamour and gimmicks rather than meeting the true needs of people in the community, church can quickly become more like a Christian Club Med (or even a circus) than an expression of the kingdom of God. And that’s just dumb.

http://churchplants.com/articles/3397-10-things-pastors-should-never-do.html

Feel free to add yours,

Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Types Of Prayer Warriors!! / Pope Francis Issues Dire Warning To Humanity ( Pics) / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.