Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What (15467 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / Tb Joshua Is A Man Of God No Matter What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by princetom1(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2017
clems88:
smh .... I pity ur generation

Am guessing you aren't part of my generation. Too old or too small
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by oruma19: 1:18pm On May 14, 2017
Akshow:
My list

1. Use tithe and offering money to buy jet and be gallivanting upandown while his flocks are hungry.

2. Use tithe and offering money to build University and charge Hugh fees when they themselves went to free missionary schools.

3. Use tithe and offering money to gbaladun in Canada with a stripper.

4. Preaching to the flock that their paradise is in heaven while they live their own paradise here on earth.

5. Turn church into a family business with only family members heading top post.

6. Making only people from a tribe alone the pastors

7. Deceiving the flock that prayer cure diseases. Gullible flock, seek medical care before u pray. Don't deceive ursef.

8. Doing fake arrangee miracles and healing. Mr pastor, go to the hospital and heal the patients there, then we will believe you.

9. Taxing congregation upandown every day. Sunday offering, family offering, project offering, etx

10. Mummy G. O. Go and siddon one place. Even the Bible did not recognize ur position. Jesus had no wife

11. Frolicking with polithiefcians

12. Wearing blink blink and living ostentatious lifestyle while ur congregation suffer in penury

13. Selling of annoited oil and other prayer items. The church isn't a market.

14. Pastors should stop deceiving people. Shikena. I rest my case. Quote me without insult. Cos i'm in the mood to reply any morrafucker
we are in deep shit right now in Nigeria. I can't wait to enter a new realm where pple will understand who God really is. Pastors are mostly deceivers and scammers in Nigeria right now. It's a pity. This generation does not knw God. Our pastors preach Jesus but deny what Jesus preached. They remind us everyday of Malachi 3:10 bt deny Deuteronomy 14:18-22. I don tire for this set of pastors abeg. Use Ur brain naija pple.
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by obindomanya(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2017
Akshow:
My list

1. Use tithe and offering money to buy jet and be gallivanting upandown while his flocks are hungry.

2. Use tithe and offering money to build University and charge Hugh fees when they themselves went to free missionary schools.

3. Use tithe and offering money to gbaladun in Canada with a stripper.

4. Preaching to the flock that their paradise is in heaven while they live their own paradise here on earth.

5. Turn church into a family business with only family members heading top post.

6. Making only people from a tribe alone the pastors

7. Deceiving the flock that prayer cure diseases. Gullible flock, seek medical care before u pray. Don't deceive ursef.

8. Doing fake arrangee miracles and healing. Mr pastor, go to the hospital and heal the patients there, then we will believe you.

9. Taxing congregation upandown every day. Sunday offering, family offering, project offering, etx

10. Mummy G. O. Go and siddon one place. Even the Bible did not recognize ur position. Jesus had no wife

11. Frolicking with polithiefcians

12. Wearing blink blink and living ostentatious lifestyle while ur congregation suffer in penury

13. Selling of annoited oil and other prayer items. The church isn't a market.

14. Pastors should stop deceiving people. Shikena. I rest my case. Quote me without insult. Cos i'm in the mood to reply any morrafucker
Touch not my anointed
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by Kay25(m): 1:40pm On May 14, 2017
Esteem men than God...
This is one of the best post have ever seen on nairaland great post keep it up
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by Homers123(m): 1:44pm On May 14, 2017
freethesheeple:

yes...the Yahoo Yahoo Pastors
Abeg epp me tell them.
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by saintfizzo(m): 3:11pm On May 14, 2017
seunny4lif:
Coach grin grin grin Nairalanders mouth sha
bro I just Taya for all this itk pipu
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by MrCEO69(m): 3:20pm On May 14, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
There are indeed many dangers for last-day ministers. Whether you are an apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor or teacher, there are temptations and pitfalls at every turn. There are fiery darts coming your way. It can be difficult to know whom to trust. But that doesn’t mean you need to get stupid.

So if you are a minister, or if you aspire to be one, please decide now not to do the 10 stupid things Lee mentioned. And for good measure, please decide now not to do the 10 more stupid things I’ve outlined below that, unfortunately, have also become common in our movement during the past decade.

1. Abuse the sheep.

Always remember that church staff—and church volunteers—are serving God, not you. Spiritual abuse is a dirty little secret in the charismatic church that is seldom exposed because it would topple small and large man-made empires alike.
If you aren’t willing to be the servant of all—if you think the sheep are there to serve you—please hang up your ministry aspirations before you hurt someone. We don’t need more spiritual abusers in the pulpit.

2. Water down the gospel.

If you aren’t going to preach the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth—so help you God!—please don’t preach. Although there are many effective preaching styles, if you aren’t bold enough to preach the whole gospel—even the parts people don’t want to hear—then pray for boldness until you are.

3. Refuse to release people into ministry.

God’s people don’t belong to you. You aren’t the one who called them, Jesus did. You aren’t the one who anointed them, the Holy Spirit did. If you feel threatened at the notion of your worship leader moving on—or your members attending a conference at another local church—your insecurities are perverting your leadership. Equip people for the work of the ministry and then let them fulfill their calling no matter where God leads them without cursing them on their way out the door.

4. Focus on gimmicks and programs rather than people.

Seeker-friendly churches bring in bubble machines to attract the kids and A-to-Z programs to attract the adults. When the focus is on glitz, glare, glamour and gimmicks rather than meeting the true needs of people in the community, church can quickly become more like a Christian Club Med (or even a circus) than an expression of the kingdom of God. And that’s just dumb.

http://churchplants.com/articles/3397-10-things-pastors-should-never-do.html

Feel free to add yours,

Happy Sunday

They should also not Mk use or reference the mks fortune of others as a prayer point. Like eg "brethren if u know does who v died or r in hospital bed..." Etc it really pisses me off
Re: Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:43pm On May 14, 2017
TITUS 2 VS 11 TO END.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Types Of Prayer Warriors!! / Pope Francis Issues Dire Warning To Humanity ( Pics) / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.