Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland (27804 Views)

Pastor Wilson Had Sex With His Wife's Best Friend's Daughter - Pastor Thaddeus / Pastor Thaddeus Matthews Reacts To David Wilson's Sex Video / Father Thaddeus Ilechukwu Disguises As A Beggar In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by tonytony208(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2017
DLuciano:
who or what qualify Pope as his holiness?

The same who or what that qualified your GO as a Bishop even without attending Bible school
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Obere4u: 9:55pm On May 14, 2017
For clarity sake
Thaddeus Okolo is from Eziora Ozubulu in Ekwusigo LGA Anambra State
Kano state is where he started his priesthood
daalu nu

2 Likes

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 14, 2017
gaetano:
Them say okolo na from kano state grin

In the Catholic Church, your ethnicity is not regarded but your Diocese.

So, yes, okolo is from Kano.

1 Like

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by paulynpen(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2017
Dalastically:
The Pope is regarded as HIS HOLLINESS while an Archbishop as His Eminence.. please correct your post.. Oooshe
A pope, His Holiness
A Cardinal, His Emminence
An Arch-Bishop, His Grace
A Bishop, His Lordship
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 14, 2017
sorry1:
it has nothing to do with diocese Mr man it was his birth place...stop talking nonsense.
I am a catholic and telling u that...Catholic pays little attention to where one comes from

3 Likes

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by OkuFaba(m): 10:12pm On May 14, 2017
Dalastically:
The Pope is regarded as HIS HOLLINESS while an Archbishop as His Eminence.. please correct your post.. Oooshe
pope is "His holiness"
Cardinals are "his eminence"
archbishop is "his grace"
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Solumtoonna(m): 10:12pm On May 14, 2017
Dalastically:
HIS LORDSHIP AND NOT EMINENCE
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by nkemdi89(f): 10:13pm On May 14, 2017
Obere4u:
For clarity sake
Thaddeus Okolo is from Eziora Ozubulu in Ekwusigo LGA Anambra State
Kano state is where he started his priesthood
daalu nu
But you know kogi and Enugu do answer that name too?
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by patval(f): 10:16pm On May 14, 2017
smithsydny:
umuchineke.I first heard this umuchineke in my church oo.. cheesy chai
Umuchineke is an indigenous name for children of the most high God

2 Likes

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by sorry1(m): 10:16pm On May 14, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:

I am a catholic and telling u that...Catholic pays little attention to where one comes from
oga, if you like turn to Pope this night, I don't care. All I'm telling you is that archbishop okolo was only born in Kano, in fact he was ordained in onitsha and incardinated in nnewi. That your explanation was flawed, so go back and delete it and ask the person you misled for forgiveness and move on angry

1 Like

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Obere4u: 10:16pm On May 14, 2017
nkemdi89:

But you know kogi and Enugu do answer that name too?

yea, am telling you what I know
he was the papal nuncio to chad and central Africa

1 Like

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 14, 2017
patval:

Umuchineke is an indigenous name for children of the most high God
lol I know dear.. But them using it as Biafra name I didn't know until I asked. Some now told me its what they call them.. Am a sabbatherian. Bifra is more hotter there
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 14, 2017
sorry1:
oga, if you like turn to Pope this night, I don't care. All I'm telling you is that archbishop okolo was only born in Kano, in fact he was ordained in onitsha and incardinated in nnewi. That your explanation was flawed, so go back and delete it and ask the person you misled for forgiveness and move on angry
you just repeated what I said in another form
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by GavelSlam: 10:34pm On May 14, 2017
xangerar:

The Pope is His Holiness, a Cardinal is His Eminence, an Archbishop is His Grace and a Bishop is His Lordship.

Alter boy nko?
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by showlight101(m): 10:40pm On May 14, 2017
Dalastically:
His Grace
Point of correction
Cardinal is his Eminence
Bishop his grace
Pope his holiness
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Malawian(m): 11:40pm On May 14, 2017
Dalastically:
not really wrong. The Pope is also the Archbishop of Rome
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Malawian(m): 12:01am On May 15, 2017
The highest Order is still the Arch bishop. Both Pope and Cardinal are mere Titles. The Pope is just the Archbishop of Rome. Cardinal Alfred Martins is the Archbishop of Lagos. All Cardinals are Archbishops, all Popes are Archbishops.

1 Like

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by louismariae(m): 1:52am On May 15, 2017
DLuciano:
who or what qualify Pope as his holiness?

Who or what qualifies the President as "His Excellency"
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by ZUBY77(m): 3:50am On May 15, 2017
kevoh:

Chei, only you... tongue

Apart from Italian, I speak all other languages listed up there too, plus Portuguese and Dutch. Now I am adding Chinese. So it's not that difficult if you have the opportunity to learn new languages or live in those countries.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by mastar111: 3:53am On May 15, 2017
emeijeh:
Why is Okolo from Kano?

Namecheckers are asking
Maybe his church is in kano. Okolo is an Igbo name.
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by DLuciano: 4:16am On May 15, 2017
louismariae:

Who or what qualifies the President as "His Excellency"
do you know the meaning of holiness?? Only God is holy! A priest that goes about drinking beer, you are addressing him as his holiness
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by DLuciano: 4:30am On May 15, 2017
tonytony208:

The same who or what that qualified your GO as a Bishop even without attending Bible school
the Lord Jesus asked every Christian faithful to pursue holiness, it's not limited to Pope, by the way the priest that goes about drinking beer, you are addressing him as his holiness!
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Dhugal: 4:34am On May 15, 2017
Dalastically:
A cardinal is referred to as Eminence, while an Archbishop is His Grace.Get it right
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Dhugal: 4:47am On May 15, 2017
Malawian:
The highest Order is still the Arch bishop. Both Pope and Cardinal are mere Titles. The Pope is just the Archbishop of Rome. Cardinal Alfred Martins is the Archbishop of Lagos. All Cardinals are Archbishops, all Popes are Archbishops.
Alfred Martins is not a cardinal.You can't have two cardinals living in the same diocese,except Rome.
But you're right,the highest order is Bishop/Archbishop.
Not all cardinals are/were/can be bishops though.
Read church history.
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by popsyleo1: 6:19am On May 15, 2017
Dalastically:

Pope is regarded as His Holiness while Cardinal is His Eminence. Correct the above please. [
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Nkemdirimagbii: 6:34am On May 15, 2017
I thought he is from kano, my Biafran brothers hitting the airwaves that is good
Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by Malawian(m): 6:51am On May 15, 2017
Dhugal:

Alfred Martins is not a cardinal.You can't have two cardinals living in the same diocese,except Rome.
But you're right,the highest order is Bishop/Archbishop.
Not all cardinals are/were/can be bishops though.
Read church history.
You are right. I really thought Martins was already a cardinal cos Lagos is no ordinary Archdiocese.

Re: Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland by francdec4(m): 7:14am On May 15, 2017
Dalastically:

No the Pope is addressed as His Holiness, The cardinals as His Eminence, The archbishop as His Grace, The Bishop as His Lordship and the priest as Father. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

“We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN / Things That Can Distract You During Church Services / What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.