Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings (668 Views)

See Speaker Gbaja’s Tweet On Recent Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In S’Africa / Elections: Ruggedman Reacts To The Happenings In Rivers State / Goodluck Jonathan Issues A Statement On Recent Developments In Aba, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by kherington: 7:44pm On May 14, 2017
two recent events caught my attention.1 is the recent attack on ibos inbayelsa state 2 is the release of internaly generated revenue at state level.

The ijaw youths of biagbolo bayelsa state attacked ibo traders living in the town in retaliation to the death of a 17 year old faith omovosu who wasmurdered by a 17 an ibo man named tochukwu. while i strongly condemn the actions of these youth's, this sad event calls to question the claims by ipob that south south supports biafra. I have said it on several posts that the niger delta cannot be part of biafran agitation but some online thugs
attacked me i even asked them to conduct a referendum. Well the event that took place in biagbolo speaks for itself.

the second event was the release of internaly generated revenue of states by the national bureau of statistics. the figures released showed that lagos generated the highest revenue followed by rivers state then ogun, the lowest was ebonyi state with two billion naira. I was sad when i could not find any ibo state among the top five. the nbs report has added credence my earlier stance that ibo states contribute nothing to the central government.
Cc sarrki Ekinematics Basic123

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by sarrki(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2017
kherington:
two recent events caught my attention.1 is the recent attack on ibos inbayelsa state 2 is the release of internaly generated revenue at state level.

The ijaw youths of biagbolo bayelsa state attacked ibo traders living in the town in retaliation to the death of a 17 year old faith omovosu who wasmurdered by a 17 an ibo man named tochukwu. while i strongly condemn the actions of these youth's, this sad event calls to question the claims by ipob that south south supports biafra. I have said it on several posts that the niger delta cannot be part of biafran agitation but some online thugs
attacked me i even asked them to conduct a referendum. Well the event that took place in biagbolo speaks for itself.

the second event was the release of internaly generated revenue of states by the national bureau of statistics. the figures released showed that lagos generated the highest revenue followed by rivers state then ogun, the lowest was ebonyi state with two billion naira. I was sad when i could not find any ibo state among the top five. the nbs report has added credence my earlier stance that ibo states contribute nothing to the central government.

Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by kherington: 7:47pm On May 14, 2017
No tribal comments please

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by successmatters(m): 7:57pm On May 14, 2017
kherington:

How can the Igbo's generate any good igr when the federal government targets skewed policies at the east while allowing the west to use their ports to opress others? Can we look at the igr again when we get restructuring?

On bayelsa attacks, nothing to do with ipob, just same way Yoruba's brutally killed Hausa and Fulani's in ile ife even when they are in bed together as political allies grin

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by matamaros: 8:04pm On May 14, 2017
WAIT AND SEE HOW IPOB MEMBERS WILL COME FOR OP'S HEAD

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by Basic123: 8:15pm On May 14, 2017
successmatters:

How can the Igbo's generate any good igr when the federal government targets skewed policies at the east while allowing the west to use their ports to opress others? Can we look at the igr again when we get restructuring?

On bayelsa attacks, nothing to do with ipob, just same way Yoruba's brutally killed Hausa and Fulani's in ile ife even when they are in bed together as political allies grin
like igbo were political ally with hausa fulani in 1979'with shagari/ekwueme combo.

like yorubas are political ally with SE/SS in 2011 with GEJ/sambo combo.

The point is that you guyz are yet to get over 2015 defeat and the heat is even too much for you in opposition!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by successmatters(m): 8:21pm On May 14, 2017
Basic123:
like igbo were political ally with hausa fulani in 1979'with shagari/ekwueme combo.

like yorubas are political ally with SE/SS in 2011 with GEJ/sambo combo.

Lies from the pit of hell. Most igbos voted zik in 1979, zik got so much vote in NPP back then.

Another lie is saying Yoruba's voted GEJ in 2011, stop lying, who voted for CPC, AD and all those funny side parties back then.

Stop rewriting history, Yoruba's has been making so much political blunders in their voting pattern of late that I begin to wonder if they get any home advice at all.

Small time now one peopson will come here and lie Yoruba's voted for Obasanjo in 1999 grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by Basic123: 8:27pm On May 14, 2017
successmatters:

Lies from the pit of hell. Most igbos voted zik in 1979, zik got so much vote in NPP back then.

Another lie is saying Yoruba's voted GEJ in 2011, stop lying, who voted for CPC, AD and all those funny side parties back then.

Stop rewriting history, Yoruba's has been making so much political blunders in their voting pattern of late that I begin to wonder if they get any home advice at all.

Small time now one peopson will come here and lie Yoruba's voted for Obasanjo in 1999 grin
like igbo were political ally with hausa fulani in
1979'with shagari/ekwueme combo.

like yorubas are political ally with SE/SS in 2011
with GEJ/sambo combo.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by Cityfirstborn(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2017
kherington:
No tribal comments please

No tribal comments?

Read your write up again and touch your head n check if the brain is still around
Re: Nairalander's Thoughts On Recent Happenings by kherington: 2:31pm On May 15, 2017
Cityfirstborn:

No tribal comments?

Read your write up again and touch your head n check if the brain is still around

are ibos from mars that i cannot open posts centered on them smh

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Hosts Actor Jim Iyke At His Abia Home / Tinubu Cancels Fight With Holyfield / Seized Ikoyi N13bn Belongs To Rivers, Wike Insists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.