Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl (2697 Views)

For Guys That Cant Wait To Get Married To An Igbo Girl. [see Pictures] / My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo / Meet IGBO Girl With Thick Thighs Causing Commotion With Her Massive Hips And Bum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by pressy09: 9:58am On May 15, 2017
-By Oba Samuel

Choosing a life partner is one of the major decisions to be taken in life by every man.

However, as you are shopping for a life-partner in marriage supermarket, you may be fortunate to pick a girl from an Igbo origin. If you are already in love with an Igbo lady, here are serious facts you should know about her before you marry her? Get to know the following facts and enjoy your marriage with an Igbo lady:

1.They Have Natural Beauty:

Igbos are one of the major tribes in Nigeria from the Eastern part of the country. One major feature of Igbo girls is their natural beauty. Igbo girls have a natural beauty that is so charming to the point of attracting any man.Most of the time you may not need to spend your money on Mary Kay before you can bring out the beauty in them.That is why they’ve dominated the beauty pageant in Nigeria for many years.

2.They Want To Maintain Their Beauty:

Though they are beautiful, they really want to maintain their good looks.That is why Igbo wives often look more attractive than their husbands because men that married are quite aware of this. So, prepare to buy latest shoes and bags, feed her with a sumptuous meal at all time, give her no stress at all and go extra miles to ensure that she keep on looking good. With this, you will win her family praise.

3.They Are Neat:

Do you really want to marry an Igbo girl? If yes, welcome into a cleaner and hygienic environment.Unlike some other ladies, Igbo girls are very neat, even if they are living in a slum.Check out their dressing, house, and kitchen even if she is using a coal pot for cooking.

4.Traditional Wedding Is For The Village:

Just before you fall in love with that Igbo lady, please, be informed that your traditional wedding must take place in the village. This one truth Ibos don’t joke with.No matter how small their village may be, you can’t get married to their daughter without getting to the village to fulfil all the traditional rights. If you get married to any Igbo girl without securing her family blessing, God helps you that no tragedy happens to her, else you will secure her family wrath.
5.Be ready for high Bride Price:

To Igbo clans, love is expensive and marriage is not for ‘boys’ but for ‘men’.Boys in this context have nothing to do with your age but financial inadequacy while men refer to financial ability to shoulder wedding demands as requested by the parents of the bride. Bride price in Iboland is not negotiable.Marrying their daughter require high bride price.One factor that could increase your bride price is the academic qualification of that girl. For instance, if she is a masters degree holder, you will pay more than if you are marrying an OND holder or a BSC holder.The higher the qualification, the higher the bride price. Are you a “man”?
6.Load Your Pocket When Visiting The Village:

Following your bride-to-be to her village is not an excursion, it is a call to spend money. Her family in the village will not listen to you if you are not financially loaded upon your arrival.In some Ibo villages, they will not allow you to enter the family compound unless you pay a particular sum of money.If your pocket is full, then proceed and if your pocket is ‘lean’, go and work harder.

Also read this: 7 secrets that NO woman should ever reveal to her husband
7.High cost Of Wedding:

Apart from the high bride price, every process about the Igbo wedding is very expensive.That is why it often cause their men longer time before they get married, some can engage in savings for 10 years while many will form a wedding committee in order to raise financial support among them.

8.Be Ready For Attachments:

If you must marry an Igbo lady, you must be ready to get an attachment along with you. This is so because, once a lady got married, her family will send one or two siblings or member of their family to be living with her so as to serve and learn any business the sister and the husband are into.Not just living with you, you are expected to establish a business for the fellow after serving you for many years.

9.You Quit Eating Out:

If you are in a relationship with an Igbo lady, you are on your way to stop eating from Mama Put.This is because Igbo ladies are very good in cooking. Marrying and Igbo lady for one month and your skin will win an award because her delicious meal will bring out your good looks.

10.Your Children Will Take Igbo As Their Second Language:

Another fact you must know if you must marry an Igbo girl is that your Children may not speak your dialect.She will ensure that apart from the English language, your Children will take up Igbo language as their second language.Since she will spend more time with the Children, she will teach them and before you know it they are already speaking the Igbo language with their mother while only you will be an alien in that house. 11 SERIOUS FACTS YOU MUST KNOW BEFORE YOU MARRY AN IGBO GIRL

11.Dare not Cheat On Her:

Also read this: 6 Things Every Wife Should Know
As soon as you tie the nuptial knot with an Igbo girl, try as much as possible to be faithful in that marriage.If you dare venture into cheating on her and you are caught, then you will secure her total wrath.Igbo woman will fight dirty and they can be dangerous when fighting against a cheating husband and a strange woman. Don’t ever pray to witness the scene because it will trouble your life.

If you can play by the rules in the above points, then let the wedding drum rolls with your Igbo bride.
http://www.dailyfamily.ng/11-serious-facts-must-know-marry-igbo-girl/

Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by tomtween1(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2017
marriage dun turn lucrative business
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by buzquet(m): 10:11am On May 15, 2017
Igbo made marriage lucrative in Nigeria.

Ndigbo kwenu grin
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by ayindejimmy(m): 10:15am On May 15, 2017
Igbo Marriage is big business
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by Antibot: 10:17am On May 15, 2017
So so true

Although i'm from Edo state but i have always told myself that I'm gonna end up marrying an Igbo lady. Their ladies are the finest in the world.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by ojun50(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2017
Is that all
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by pressy09: 10:33am On May 15, 2017
To me ,Igbo lady is the best in the world. I doff my cap for them.......Respect!
ojun50:
Is that all
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by harffie(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2017
Nawa o....
Ten steps backwards
grin
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by Headlesschicken(m): 11:10am On May 15, 2017
grin D bride price still dey fear me,though I'm Igbo....buh it all depends on d family...
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by Evablizin(f): 11:13am On May 15, 2017
Lols,just came here to read comments and laugh.PROUDLY IGBO
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by Hegarh: 11:15am On May 15, 2017
Yes
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by Evablizin(f): 11:18am On May 15, 2017
Headlesschicken:
grin D bride price still dey fear me,though I'm Igbo....buh it all depends on d family...
true talk d bride price depends on d family nd d part d lady z comin frm.
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by Victornezzar: 11:20am On May 15, 2017
dis op is high on osogbo weed
e be like say u neva get relationship with an igbo gal b4
no worry.....1 is coming....., by d time ur account balance wld be in red ehn
ur topic would be ways 2 avoid an igbo lady
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by sweerychick(f): 1:02pm On May 15, 2017
Lol, cheat on me and i will kill you and your mistress
Re: 11 Serious Facts You Must Know Before You Marry An Igbo Girl by SexyNairalander: 1:05pm On May 15, 2017
sweerychick:
Lol, cheat on me and i will kill you and your mistress

(1) (Reply)

On Our First Date, At My Place, She Opened Up To Me That She's HIV Positive / I Am Learning How To Smile At People, Introvert Must Go. / What Turns You "ON" When You See A Girl Or Guy?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.