Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Obiano Out: APC In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Out: APC In (1375 Views)

Osun Tribunal Dismisses Pdp’s Adeleke Application To Strike Out Apc’s Facts, Fig / Christmas Message: PDP Urges Nigerians To Vote Out APC In 2019 / Governor El-Rufai's Joke About PDP Fighting Corruption Better Than APC In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Out: APC In by Cuche: 8:08pm On May 15, 2017
Obiano decamp to APC or loose out - Kalu
http://alabingo.com/2017/05/kalu-advises-obiano-decamp-apc/
So funny but it is possible.
First, election rigging and manipulation of election results is still as it was in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015. Nothing has changed, every little gain in reforms is immediately overtaken by a gigantic fraud in the succeeding electoral process somewhere, some place and under the guidance of the same Umpire - the unrepentant INEC. And ofcourse, the political party wielding the Federal might of Police and Armed forces which sometimes dictate proceedings to the Judiciary.
Gov. Obiano is not ignorant of the profitability of election manipulation for instance the one that brought him to power. The "Landslide" victory and frustration of electorates in Idemili North and Onitsha North/South. And so, will it surprise him to see a "Landslide" victory for whomever APC anoints as its candidate for the November elections.
I believe that allowing Obiano a second term will be in the best interest of the State. His greatest achievement so far is the investor confidence and the relative peace the State is enjoying. Despite the economic situation in the country people are trouping to invest in various sectors and that shouldn't be killed. We shall have the best platform to crucify Obiano or baptise him a fraud if at the end of the second tenure none of the investments attracted has gone beyond the foundation level.
I am yet to be convinced that any of the conspirators have the interest of Anambra at heart because if they do the sanest thing to do will be to allow the MOU's materialize. We all know 'Government is a continuum' is a mere slogan. To continue with projects left behind by one's predecessor is purely discretional.
Obiano should not treat with kid gloves the threat of APC Champions because "anyhow" they must put up a firm challenge. His retinue of PAs, SAs, SSAs, Heads of Boards, Commissioners and other appointees must start working, each forming a community/town based strong group that would defend their votes if the needs arise. It does not stop at 20 million naira town's choose your project.
He Obiano must build reasonable friendship with people that matter at Abuja. Courtesy calls, say hello to them when it matters and put the local conspirators in confusion per the cordiality with the real power brokers. He must build roads visible to all in the zones. Both Ngige and Peter Obi ( Obi's poor quality anyway) have set standards in spreading motorable roads and Obiano must be seen to tow that line and pace. It is a very useful campaign tool.
Finally, It is interesting to note that the league of 8 or was it 12 extraordinary gentlemen that met at Awka last week to strategize on how to usurp power are not new faces to the Anambra politics but with exception of Ngige who is not contesting and maybe Godwin Ezeemo, I am yet to see the modest contributions of the gentlemen to the communities they hail from. I was at Uga not long ago home to the trillionaire "Family" the roads were in bad shapes. Is it not Anambra again? where rich names do roads in their communities So what will they campaign with, critic the shortcomings of the present administration? That will not work not after the APC 'shange'.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by AtlanticBreeze: 8:59pm On May 15, 2017
If obiano is serious let him fire his useless media aides. He has lost the media war despite his great achievements and yet have retinue of useless media aides of fat salary.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by slivertongue: 9:53pm On May 15, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:
If obiano is serious let him fire his useless media aides. He has lost the media war despite his great achievements and yet have retinue of useless media aides of fat salary.

obi kept his game plan to himself and eventually won
i think obiano has something in his kitty
APC truly know they cant win thus the invitation

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Krossbow123: 10:06pm On May 15, 2017
APC trying to turn Nigeria into a one party state, but their plan will not succeed.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Cuche: 10:27pm On May 15, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:
Do you mean the Ugu export reportage?
Very poor media packaging such that even when Nigerians were saying it is not achievable within that frame of time, the guys were busy repeating the story going as far as taking pictures of Ugu I'm certain is not worth 1.5 million naira being payloaded at a particular airport.
It is forgiveable.
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by nonsobaba: 10:42pm On May 15, 2017
Cuche:

Very poor media packaging such that even when Nigerians were saying it is not achievable within that frame of time, the guys were busy repeating the story going as far as taking pictures of Ugu I'm certain is not worth 1.5 million naira being payloaded at a particular airport.
It is forgiveable.
FYI, the ugu export was very real and genuine. If you watched the Channels TV official promotion of his achievements so far in office, the ugu export programme was also extensively discussed and some farmers were also interviewed. Obiano would not risk putting it on a national TV if it was fake. Opposition are trying hard to distort the facts but Obiano's performance is as rock solid as ever.

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Cuche: 10:46pm On May 15, 2017
Krossbow123:
APC trying to turn Nigeria into a one party state, but their plan will not succeed.
Amen
Personally I bear no grudge against APC after all they aren't doing badly in some states. But I'm particularly not happy that till this moment the farmlands of Benue, Anioma, Edo, Nssuka have not been combed for killer herdsmen, with the same zeal they used in clamping down miscreants and anarchist in other Places like South South/East.
For that APC is culpable or is aiding the unlicensed arms wielding herdsmen
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by nonsobaba: 10:50pm On May 15, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:
No, Obiano has not lost the media war. The online battle is still on. There are close to 30 other aspirants who all have their supporters and will naturally be against Obiano as their respective parties prepare for primaries. But after the primaries, the number will thin down to 2 serious contenders(APGA and APC). Then you will see the coast very clear for Obiano. But mind you that social media don't determine who wins or loses an election. It is who is on ground.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Cuche: 10:52pm On May 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
FYI, the ugu export was very real and genuine. If you watched the Channels TV official promotion of his achievements so far in office, the ugu export programme was also extensively discussed and some farmers were also interviewed. Obiano would not risk putting it on a national TV if it was fake. Opposition are trying hard to distort the facts but Obiano's performance is as rock solid as ever.
Real as in $5 million.
Professional media aids should be proficient in the act of denials. They should have denied that sooner they realized it is not feasible not even in medium time frame. Ugu is not rice,what expanse of land will give export quality Ugu of that amount without Catapilars consuming as much as 50% of the yield in 2 nights.
We can lay that story to rest and move on.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 15, 2017
What APC does is use guns, police and army to stop other parties while INEC collude with APC to change results

This strategy will fall flat in Anambra

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Cuche: 11:06pm On May 15, 2017
krendo:
What APC does is use guns, police and army to stop other parties while INEC collude with APC to change results
This strategy will fall flat in Anambra
PDP did the same. I laughed hard when somebody won Governorship election in Anambra in 2007 with 97% votes. Most of the votes were considered valid and over 95% of eligible voters queued up to vote. I was in school then, I remember clearly the analysis among politically conscious fellas. I am
PDP yet it is as guilty as APC in manipulating votes and intimidation of voters
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 15, 2017
Cuche:

PDP did the same. I laughed hard when somebody won Governorship election in Anambra in 2007 with 97% votes. Most of the votes were considered valid and over 95% of eligible voters queued up to vote. I was in school then, I remember clearly the analysis among politically conscious fellas. I am
PDP yet it is as guilty as APC in manipulating votes and intimidation of voters

Over 90% of Igbos supported PDP against Buhari in the presidential election and still do

Also PDP has lost the last 3 governorship elections in Anambra to APGA

Plus the electoral records and independence of INEC PDP left behind is far better than what obtains under APC INEC
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by AtlanticBreeze: 11:28pm On May 15, 2017
Cuche:

It is forgiveable.
several things.. I know what I was doing for obiano on nairaland by projecting his achievements before it began to look like I was wasting my time. I defended the $5 ugu stuff, until when I saw no reasonable response from the government. Peter obi is heavily financing a media war against obiano. From him being a drunkard to him squandering over 100 billion of his phantom savings, go to facebook and see whats happening yet and yet obiano has an aide on social media and other numerous useless media aides who are there just receiving salary. Even if obiano wants to play diplomatic by not coming out 100% plain on peter obis 75 billion legacy, let him know he will not avoid it during the debates. Yes it is forgiveable but when these things continue being said without a strong refutal, they will eventually stick
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Cuche: 11:30pm On May 15, 2017
krendo:

Over 90% of Igbos supported PDP against Buhari in the presidential election and still do

Also PDP has lost the last 3 governorship elections in Anambra to APGA

Plus the electoral records and independence of INEC PDP left behind is far better than what obtains under APC INEC
It is not about gunning for PDP by Igbo's but the manner of that election.That is the worst there could be in any election manipulation, they were short of saying 100% of all registered voters came out to vote and voted.
I know OBJ did that to spite Anambrarians and installed his then loyal domestic chief

1 Like

Re: Obiano Out: APC In by AtlanticBreeze: 11:32pm On May 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
No, Obiano has not lost the media war. The online battle is still on. There are close to 30 other aspirants who all have their supporters and will naturally be against Obiano as their respective parties prepare for primaries. But after the primaries, the number will thin down to 2 serious contenders(APGA and APC). Then you will see the coast very clear for Obiano. But mind you that social media don't determine who wins or loses an election. It is who is on ground.
Let obiano's social media aide first challenge the campaign calumny against obiano on facebook and twitter which is heavily financed by peter obi before you can say he has not lost the media war. Here on nairaland, if not that I personally have not allowed any of that to fly on nairaland, I know the peter obi goons will be dominating here too
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:48pm On May 15, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

Let obiano's social media aide first challenge the campaign calumny against obiano on facebook and twitter which is heavily financed by peter obi before you can say he has not lost the media war. Here on nairaland, if not that I personally have not allowed any of that to fly on nairaland, I know the peter obi goons will be dominating here too

I used to think APC got no chance in the coming Anambra Governorship election, given the "acclaimed" performance of Obiano, but men, having interacted with Ndi Anambra first hand, I couldn't believe the amount of hatred harboured for Obiano.....

The election might be difficult for him! I wish him goodluck anyway!
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by TheKingdom: 11:53pm On May 15, 2017
PHUCK APC scammers
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by AtlanticBreeze: 11:56pm On May 15, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

I used to think APC got no chance in the coming Anambra Governorship election, given the "acclaimed" performance of Obiano, but men, having interacted with Ndi Anambra first hand, I couldn't believe the amount of hatred harboured for Obiano.....

The election might be difficult for him! I wish him goodluck anyway!
The problem is APC can not field an acceptable candidate who can beat obiano. Ngige who can only do that is not contesting. Thats the big advantage for obiano. The who is who in the state are also with obiano but the man has to fire so many of nonchalant aides
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:05am On May 16, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

The problem is APC can not field an acceptable candidate who can beat obiano. Ngige who can only do that is not contesting. Thats the big advantage for obiano. The who is who in the state are also with obiano but the man has to fire so many of nonchalant aides

I suspect, the election will be heavily monetized, and Ngige with Federal might, will hold sway in his senatorial Zone, The Ubas (if given the ticket) will divide their zone....Then Peter Obi in His own Zone...Obiano has made a lot of enemies....The election will never be an easy flight for him...

I wish him good luck! He is obedient Child....Never criticized Buhari fr one day! Like Dave Umahi, Like Obiano!
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by naijaboy756: 12:19am On May 16, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

I suspect, the election will be heavily monetized, and Ngige with Federal might, will hold sway in his senatorial Zone, The Ubas (if given the ticket) will divide their zone....Then Peter Obi in His own Zone...Obiano has made a lot of enemies....The election will never be an easy flight for him...

I wish him good luck! He is obedient Child....Never criticized Buhari fr one day! Like Dave Umahi, Like Obiano!
Laury Baby grin
Re: Obiano Out: APC In by Cuche: 12:19am On May 16, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

You are being diplomatic with APC's modifications to previously known rigging method which has really worked.
Aside the things you mentioned the invitation of Obiano to join APC then by Ngige and now Orji Uzor Kalu who in particular is very wise is something I can't see the intentions except they will hand him the party's ticket on a platter of gold. If it is to enter APC and start contending ,softly put contesting, for the ticket that would be disastrous, promises like 'we shall give you the ticket' may fail, a situation when Buhari fought hard to get his, Tinubu's anointed lost out in Ondo. For me if PDP were united it would have been a better option for him but neither Mr Sheriff nor Markafi is giving up the fight for the soul.

(1) (Reply)

Adedeji Adeleke Buys 700 Mattress Andpillows For Prisoners (photos) / Photos Of Crowds In IPOB Biafra Rally In Owerri Today / Wike, CJN In Fresh Land Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.