Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (62674 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 18, 2017
Unless you have never done business or in fact lived in the Nigeria of today, you should NEVER doubt that the original article is true.
At the risk of sounding misogynist, I will put most of the blame with the womenfolk. Nothing drives a man to the pursuit of filthy lucre as the promise of a warm and willing mate. Internet scams are even small. This mayhem is what you get when the entirety of a country's females will see you as nothing, less than nothing, if you do not have a lot of money to your name.
Thus corruption perpetuates.
Did our women become like this because corruption cornered our commonwealth, reducing the common man to unattractive penury? Or did corruption fester because our women DEMANDED it of their men?
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kpaminose: 12:29pm On May 18, 2017
Everyday we see people that find bags full of millions of naira that return it. We see lots of honest people in Nigeria. But to be frank, honesty has become so rare that it's become a shocking when one see an honest person. It's not only in Nigeria but the world over. Just yesterday, a school girl returned a wallet containing some little amount of money, but that amount is a big sum for the said girl, yet she returned it. That's what we're talking about
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by thawgy(m): 12:40pm On May 18, 2017
Diademk07:

Lmao!

I simply called you out on our stupid post especially when you were labelling people who were all for the truth idiots..

The truth is this country is messed up and to try justify these evil by comparing with whatever mess happens in another country shows how stupid you are. If Indians are rapist, does that justify Nigerians becoming one? The funny thing is in our case, we had onlookers who preferred to video and enjoy such acts rather than come to the rescue of the little girl!

We have leaders, security men (Police and Soldiers) who are more or less crooks and corrupt and you dare compare that to the europeans? Exam malpractices and all sorts of crooks are found in our society even at a tender age and your foolish self is all about other countries that are equally messed up?

I won't be surprised if you're one of these crooks you champion! What a waste!
bros, get sense.. no society without its own flaws and for someone to label an entire 180 million people scammers is a far cry and you think that is fair on the people who make their living legitimately?.. where in my post did i champion the bad ones amongst us?.. you have nothing to say and you only want to be seen as just and right at the detriment of 180 million people .. i dont have to reply you because its quite obvious you are a one minded person and you need to broaden your spectrum to understand the post in the first place.. our leaders are crazy yes, how do you justify someone saying he hates Nigerians?.. every flaw he condemned us with is rampant in their own country too if not worse and everything i said is in favour of all the hardworking nigerians who make their daily bread legitimately.. simple as ABC
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by biztip: 1:04pm On May 18, 2017
lekbel09:
the article is very true because am a living testimony to that fact. the average Nigerian is always looking for a way to scam yoh no matter what it takes, thats not to say that they aren't good Nigerians its just the bad eggs have soiled the good ones so much. and to those saying that the guy is racist, pls we should try and tell ourselves the truth, the world does not trust us at all its so bad. in mg area alone they are about 40 yahoo boys and I stay at Surulere so whaf are we saying
bros even ur senators, governors and all politicians re yahoo boys. am sure if u get chance to b there u go even become a bigger yahoo boy. our religious leaders most re Yahoo boys too. NEPA na yahoo. schools na yahoo. morals on d lowest. materialism at d highest level

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Sebastine1994(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2017
I have been attentive reading the whole reply of nigerians. It surprised me that you guys forgo all those your ethnic insult and can stand as one nigerians. It is commendable.
But my opinion is this. There is a problem with this country but we are waiting for the same government that started it to bring about a solution. The solution must come from a united citizenry. We should take back our country.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kpaminose: 2:51pm On May 18, 2017
America is a country of fraudsters. lots of wire fraudsters living in one shithole. They're scamming with insurance, scamming with welfare, scamming with whatever government program that's put in place and yet one dumbass from there has the right to insult my country? If there's a country of honest people, America is not anywhere one of them. Everybody there wants to outsmart the other, many people don't have job, their job is to strategize on how to get money from Government through programs they're not eligible for. I've seen so much of them. it goes on everyday and it's still going on.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Sebastine1994(m): 2:57pm On May 18, 2017
White Americans dont commit much crime. These crimes are done by african Americans. As a matter of fact the black race has the highest rate of prison incarceration in the united state. Dont leave the message and attack the messenger
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by alolimet: 4:09pm On May 18, 2017
This comment is full of hate. For someone to sit down and analyze a country so bad, shows he has nothing better to do. Here some bitches came out to say Trump should deport green card and US citizens in America, I bet it's beyond you and Trump to do. When this people were busy paying school fees, you and ur fellow Americas never rejected that, but only for you to talk about their deportation after paying taxes, tuition, and all sorts of bill. Tell me so who is the better scam here?
Every country has its own issues, killing out of hate like y'all do in America doesnt happen here. Opening fire on a store manager all because of a cigarette piece, doesn't happen here. Wickedness and evil heart towards people you meet doesn't happen here, Drugs sale and usage isn't trending here, mental problems isn't trending here, unruly acts towards elderly, isn't trending here, Elementary students having sex, smoking and selling drugs, isn't trending here. So Please make your own Country perfect before spitting fire, Mr Evil Writer!
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ifyan(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2017
Countries Highest Lowest Crime Rates

https://www.nairaland.com/3806043/countries-highest-lowest-crime-rates#56644736

Robert Lindsay need to see this.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by mitchmang(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2017
The writer is an asshole
USA are they most greedy pple on Earth
They are part of problem we are having today
If I get the writer, I will wipe his ass and his account United States is the No.1 country with the highest number of scam
There govt is digging into Africa to reap our money while we dig into there Bank to reap them They are bunch of fellows!
Selfish pink pple They will continue to be reap till they pay for Colonization Because Colonization is a scam So they started the scam tin! And they will pay with there lives
Have you read about the invasion of the pink people into our land?
After reading, your thoughts and ideology about the pink people will change!
How do you think that scam that involved millions works? Because they are Gold Diggers too, trying to marry a good looking guy with millions of dollars contracts
I don't idolize pink people because they re greedy!
What were they looking at Libya
They plot to remove Gadaffi, now Libya is suffering, who plot to remove Jonathan?? The answer is United States of greedy people, now me and you is suffering it!
So my brother!
Our slavery with the pink people will stop when we stop to idolize the pink people
Can you trace the race of the African American??
They are slaves sold to serve in United States
Could you remember Michelle statement during the outdone Election in the United States!
She said "I woke up every morning in the house built by slaves" she's referring to the "White House"
Michelle Obama
Africans are seen as slaves in America! That's why we have real racist all over there.
They classified us as low life!
They helped Nigeria won during the Biafra war because they discovered that Mighty Talented Giants are coming out from the East part of the country
They know that the Igbos are wise enough to dethrone them!
Lemme stop here!
Bcs I got much anger for that stupid set of pple!
Looking for whom to steal from via Colonization.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ClintonDal(m): 6:07pm On May 18, 2017
SSBN:

You are the biggest idiot in history . I am not a scammer, but these Nigerians you despise are doing nothing but surviving. They sustain their family and train the less priviledged to school. The peopme doing real damage to Nigeria are our crooked politicians. Rather than hold them accountable you make excuses for them and blame Yahoo boys. Did you know that the Nollywood movie industry which we Nigerians all have pride in was Bourne out of money made from Yahoo?

I was this close to firing back at you in the same tone but nah, you ain't worth it. Irrespective of my previous post not mentioning the politicians being crooked, it is still not a yardstick for you or anyone to go about swindling people of their hard earned money. You my ignorant fellow Nigerian is a criminal and just using excuses of the hardship and cruelty of the politicians to justify your criminality. I never mentioned hating or despising Nigeria but rather i pointed out the damage internet fraud has brought on us because that is the topic of discussion.
Now i bid you farewell, go and be stupid no more!
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by mitchmang(m): 9:29pm On May 18, 2017
The writer is an asshole
USA are they most greedy pple on Earth
They are part of problem we are having today
If I get the writer, I will wipe his ass and his account United States is the No.1 country with the highest number of scam
There govt is digging into Africa to reap our money while we dig into there Bank to reap them They are bunch of fellows!
Selfish pink pple They will continue to be reap till they pay for Colonization Because Colonization is a scam So they started the scam tin! And they will pay with there lives
Have you read about the invasion of the pink people into our land?
After reading, your thoughts and ideology about the pink people will change!
How do you think that scam that involved millions works? Because they are Gold Diggers too, trying to marry a good looking guy with millions of dollars contracts
I don't idolize pink people because they re greedy!
What were they looking at Libya
They plot to remove Gadaffi, now Libya is suffering, who plot to remove Jonathan?? The answer is United States of greedy people, now me and you is suffering it!
So my brother!
Our slavery with the pink people will stop when we stop to idolize the pink people
Can you trace the race of the African American??
They are slaves sold to serve in United States
Could you remember Michelle statement during the outdone Election in the United States!
She said "I woke up every morning in the house built by slaves" she's referring to the "White House"
Michelle Obama
Africans are seen as slaves in America! That's why we have real racist all over there.
They classified us as low life!
They helped Nigeria won during the Biafra war because they discovered that Mighty Talented Giants are coming out from the East part of the country
They know that the Igbos are wise enough to dethrone them!
Lemme stop here!
Bcs I got much anger for that stupid set of pple!
Looking for whom to steal from via Colonization.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 18, 2017
Wow......interesting.
I wonder if this article is truly real undecided
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 18, 2017
Mitchmang,
Brother tell us how you really feel!!!!!
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 18, 2017
Sebastine1994:
White Americans dont commit much crime. These crimes are done by african Americans. As a matter of fact the black race has the highest rate of prison incarceration in the united state. Dont leave the message and attack the messenger

Hi brother,
Are you sure about that statement? White Americans commit "white collar" crimes...but being the majority race in America makes them commit more crimes. Oftentimes, the crimes go unpunished or for shorter sentences.
You would need to break down statistics.
Black Americans are disproportionately imprisoned for longer sentences & for "lesser" crimes (not just murders)...so for a population of only 12-13% in the U.S., yes...more are imprisoned.
However, if you have some stats, then I"d love to see them...cause maybe things have changedsmiley
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Sebastine1994(m): 11:04am On May 19, 2017
Hi sister
let us remember to keep our eyes on the call and not veer off-course. The matter at hand is that a whole country has been branded thieves and idiots even illiterates. We are trying to see how true such statement is. We are talking about our beloved country here not about black american. Most of these statements are true. But my patriotism to my country will not let me keep an open mind.
The thing is not to compare ourselves with other people but find a way to better ourselves. This is a problem sister. Problems are opportunity. So we should be thinking up solutions rather than whine about it
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by jpphilips(m): 11:57am On May 19, 2017
fratermathy:

But he is generalising. The truth is that people that give Nigeria bad images are in the minority, contrary to what many think. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of honest Nigerians!

You are not correct, we deceive ourselves they are not minority, my dear, they are majority, my most problem with Nigerians isn't the "they are bad part" it is their shallowness in reasoning yet makes the loudest Noise. the average nigerian youth is as dvmb as an European 5yr old, yet they don't know it. Their conttributions on Nairaland scare the sh!t out of me.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by jpphilips(m): 12:44pm On May 19, 2017
Amberon:
This guy is not lying at all. While I lived in eastern Europe, I got to understand these things more. I met some guys who were internet scammers. All their Nigerian friends who lived there (and i mean all with the exception of none) were internet scammers too. Eventually one got arrested (he's probably still in jail now) and several others fled the country for fear of being arrested too. One ran to Ghana after he was caught withdrawing money from western union with fake documents. He was under strict investigation and fled the country using a fake passport (which is another crime). Apparently he would create fake bank websites that are identical to the original websites. Imputing your credit card details in those websites would result in him getting all your information and subsequently he would "wire" out every penny you have. I also got to know that they did a lot of online shopping with stolen cards.

We shouldn't play the"racism card". The op is 100% correct. This op isn't exaggerating at all. Nigerians have also destroyed the reputation of Malaysia. A cyber cafe was busted in Lagos for habiting fraudsters and the locals all came out to support the fraudsters.

We don't need to lie to ourselves, the op isn't saying that EVERY Nigerian is bad, he is simply saying that an overwhelming majority of us are bad and that is the gospel truth if we mean to be truthful to ourselves. Look around and you'll find that several of your colleagues steal office property when the opportunity arises.

most of the Nigerians denying these claims are the real bad eggs in Nigeria, if you ve never lived outside this country, you will never know how fvcked up we are as a people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kjhova(m): 1:35pm On May 19, 2017
Hmmm...

That was about the first sound I could think to make after surfing through the 18 pages thus far on a topic that ought to be burning national issue requiring emergency action.

So an obvious racist member of an organized racists group says ugly things about Nigeria. Firstly, he (and his cohort) are racists and ought to be despised. That said, Nigeria (and by a wide extension, Nigerians) are "fantastically corrupt". You all know where I got that expression from and yes, we had this same 28 pager debate on that when it was uttered in the hallowed corridors of No. 10, Downing Street. If Lindsay is racist, Mr. Cameron cannot easily be accused of racism. Yet they offered quite similar opinion of Nigeria and Nigerians. Somewhere in there, my friends, lie the truth or at least the likelihood of it!

I have lived all of my life in Nigeria and have visited 2 (or 3 other countries depending on if you will accept passing through as visitation). I have interfaced with a few more others electronically on personal activities or official office business. I am convinced that outside Bangladesh and Pakistan, there is no other nation on Earth that can remotely compete with Nigeria in the field of corruption and ignorance. My opinion is not born out of racism (obviously) nor is it of self hate. It is my conclussion after spending couppla decades in this place.

Everyone in Nigeria is corrupt (ah ha! I generalise, of course)!! But is this generalisation so far fetched? Let us test with examples:

The police guys at the check point who is your "friend" or at the police station where bail is "free".
The beef hawker who you dare to ask what the price is for a measure of beef.
The artisan who you contracted for a job (tailor, capenter, plumber et al).
The attendant at the petrol station when you go to fill your fuel keg.
The owner of the petrol station himself and what he does to the pump guage.
The elderly woman who sells food stuff in the open market and her "de rica" measure.
The "blind" beggar on the street corner during rush hour.
The stranded school kid along your route who lost his lunch and transport money.
The baggage man at the airport.
The security guy at the eatery and the mall...and the bank.
The guy who heads the choir at your local parish.
The general overseer and his entourage.
The entire workforce at the government ministries, departments and agencies.
The folks at the Senate, House and the Assemblies.
The journalist who attends your press release or conference.
The Community Development Association members.
Your biology teacher in school and your Vice-Principal.
The WAEC external examiner.
The student in the examination centre (before,, during and after the tests).
The thrift collector.
The NGO campaigning for funds to help the North East.
The contractor who won the contract to build the new bridge.
The "Oba", "Emir" or "Baale" of your district.
The squad selected to represent primary schools in inter-school competitions.
The Nigerian national squad members for under 17s and under 20s.
The politicians at all levels.
Your lecturer in the university and your VC or Provost.
The doctor at the general hospital.
The bus driver during the raining season.
Those uncles of yours back home whom you send money to from overseas to build a house.
The office mate (who is never caught) who pilfers the office perforator, stapler and even staple pins!

I can go on and on and on...

Please reply my post if you are not familiar with half of the samples above.

Thank you.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 19, 2017
Sebastine1994:
Hi sister
let us remember to keep our eyes on the call and not veer off-course. The matter at hand is that a whole country has been branded thieves and idiots even illiterates. We are trying to see how true such statement is. We are talking about our beloved country here not about black american. Most of these statements are true. But my patriotism to my country will not let me keep an open mind.
The thing is not to compare ourselves with other people but find a way to better ourselves. This is a problem sister. Problems are opportunity. So we should be thinking up solutions rather than whine about it

I see what you are saying.
I've never lived in Nigeria (although my dad is Nigerian)....but it does have a bad reputation...& it seems to be getting worse.
The scamming & fraudulent activity is an issue...which is a fact.
I was trying to see about what made you say the info about Black Americans.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Sebastine1994(m): 4:24pm On May 19, 2017
My sister from another country who has never been to nigeria but identity herself as nigerian american. I was born a full nigerian and will die as nigerian. I cant change my country because it is bad.
As for the black america statistics you keep hammering about, use your phone. GO to google.com. You will see a rectangular box. That is the search box. Then type PEOPLE WITH HIGHEST INCARCERATION RATE IN AMERICA. LOL
you Are not nigerian sister but part of the problem nigeria has. I mean it. Stick with one country only. Dont be lukewarm
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 19, 2017
Sebastine1994:
My sister from another country who has never been to nigeria but identity herself as nigerian american. I was born a full nigerian and will die as nigerian. I cant change my country because it is bad.
As for the black america statistics you keep hammering about, use your phone. GO to google.com. You will see a rectangular box. That is the search box. Then type PEOPLE WITH HIGHEST INCARCERATION RATE IN AMERICA. LOL
you Are not nigerian sister but part of the problem nigeria has. I mean it. Stick with one country only. Dont be lukewarm

Brother,
Why are you being hostile? No I haven't been to Nigeria just yet...but am I to deny my Igbo blood? I am truly African-American....
I'm not flip-flopping between countries but the FACT is....
I can have DUAL citizenship....and right now I'm learning about my Igbo lineage through NL...so deal with it. I'm not criticizing or condemning a country that I am learning about (Nigeria)....and neither should you about (the U.S.)..
You seem to have a problem with Black Americans (which is my other half) & I'm wondering why?
I don't need to google my country....i know the stats.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nigeriadondie: 4:44pm On May 19, 2017
I am a Nigerian living abroad and I cam authoritatively tell u all that what the writer said is d truth. The criminal records of Nigerians here has really given us a bad image which also makes even the decent one to be potrayed as criminals limiting the oppurtunities we can get.
The present condition of d country is a testament of d criminal nature of Nigeria. I am living in one of the world's richest countries with d highest possible standard of living and I say it to all that if Nigerians wud be transferred here, this country wud be in total mess in less than a month. Nigeria is forever doomed and that is y i ran away as a sharp man. It is a very hopeless place that even d Devil has more hope than Nigeria
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 19, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
I am a Nigerian living abroad and I cam authoritatively tell u all that what the writer said is d truth. The criminal records of Nigerians here has really given us a bad image which also makes even the decent one to be potrayed as criminals limiting the oppurtunities we can get.
The present condition of d country is a testament of d criminal nature of Nigeria. I am living in one of the world's richest countries with d highest possible standard of living and I say it to all that if Nigerians wud be transferred here, this country wud be in total mess in less than a month. Nigeria is forever doomed and that is y i ran away as a sharp man. It is a very hopeless place that even d Devil has more hope than Nigeria

Wow.....I guess you are being honest.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Sebastine1994(m): 4:56pm On May 19, 2017
Sister.
I am sorry if I was harsh before we are branded disrespectful too. Sorry again. If I may ask why are you suddenly taking interest in your Igbo heritage again?
Sister watch fared Zekeri for his analysis on black incarceration rates. Even the media is not sparing Black's. With all those negative stereotypes. Half of the black kids dont have a father because he is behind bars. We are all coloured folks whether from america africa or Brazil. This is not good. African american has the highest divorce rate and dropout rates. The only african american we see are rappers with sagging pant. These are no mentor. Ben Carson stands out. Obama too. We are proud of them
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Sebastine1994(m): 5:00pm On May 19, 2017
That is not what a sharp man should do. Running away and leaving the problem for whom? When you make all these money then what?
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 19, 2017
Sebastine1994:
Sister.
I am sorry if I was harsh before we are branded disrespectful too. Sorry again. If I may ask why are you suddenly taking interest in your Igbo heritage again?
Sister watch fared Zekeri for his analysis on black incarceration rates. Even the media is not sparing Black's. With all those negative stereotypes. Half of the black kids dont have a father because he is behind bars. We are all coloured folks whether from america africa or Brazil. This is not good. African american has the highest divorce rate and dropout rates. The only african american we see are rappers with sagging pant. These are no mentor. Ben Carson stands out. Obama too. We are proud of them

I accept your apology.
Well growing up in the U.S, I had really no reason to want to venture outside of it. I felt I knew the "world" by living in the U.S.
However as I've gotten older, my thoughts have changed. My dad is Igbo.....so it's in my blood. I know my Black American side (my late mother was black American) but I don't know my Nigerian side. This is a direct descent (meaning some of my uncles & aunts are still alive...i have several cousins too)..not some deep ancestry situation where I'm trying to find who my people are or my lineage. So the desire has always been in me....it's just been dormant/sleeping. Now it's awaken.
Yes there's a crisis in the Black American community.....has been since slavery.
But now it's time for a solution.
We have more Carsons and Obamas.....also. We have many black men who work blue collar jcbs, take care of their families, and are productive citizens.
But the question remains about what to do with Nigeria's problem?
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nigeriadondie: 7:02pm On May 19, 2017
MZLady39:

Wow.....I guess you are being honest.
I forgot to say that I ve a neigbhour of mine a white woman a divorcee and in her middle age that was defrauded by a Nigerian. Though with my advice she was able to get d fraudster arrested by d EFCC and recovered her money but sadly she is still in debt as she is paying interest on the money she lost as part of it were with credit card. My sis if u ve the chance to travel out of Europe u will curse our leaders and their greed.It is here in Europe especially the part of the world i reside I came to see what difference it makes when there is no corruption and where such is punished. That there is more than enough to satisfy everyone. With a very transparent system, all benefits. I mean it when I say all. Not even as little as one person is poor cos of the social security for the disabled, unemployed or aged, free school at ALL levels, subsidised health for all but free for those who are unable to pay.
Not until I came here, constant power which will forever be a mystery to solve in Nigeria is solved as I am living for my first 3 years of my entire life without power interruption. Even I as a foreigner what I ve benefitted here in this few years I wud never get in Nigeria my entire life unless i am of the elite which shud not be.
I will say it again and again it is far easier for d Devil to make heaven than for Nigeria to progress. Our desire to make wealth without moral principles, greed will lead that nation to unavoidable ruin and misery it is experiencing. What baffles me is that we call God pass, here oyibo nonsend God. Infact if u come thier church u will ask urself why d need for a church building.
Some of us that may want to contribute our quota to do what govt suppose to do they wud be requesting for bribes can u imagine that.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by mickey45: 11:12pm On May 19, 2017
just when you're coming to terms with lost and recovered millions in usd, then this;

" A suspected thief was caught red handed on Arik Air flight from Lagos to Abuja this morning stealing money from a passenger's bag and transferring to his own.

According to Japheth Omojuwa who shared the story, this has been a common occurrence but when they catch them, the thieves would claim, "sorry, I thought it was my bag..."

"Arik Air actually had someone pose like a regular passenger seated far behind pretending to be asleep. That person saw everything. This time though, the spy let them complete the transfer before making his own move. They were caught literally in the act" Omojuwa tweeted.

The police were alerted as soon as the incident happened on air and the thief was arrested on arrival.

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/05/see-how-thief-was-caught-on-arik-air.html "
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 21, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I forgot to say that I ve a neigbhour of mine a white woman a divorcee and in her middle age that was defrauded by a Nigerian. Though with my advice she was able to get d fraudster arrested by d EFCC and recovered her money but sadly she is still in debt as she is paying interest on the money she lost as part of it were with credit card. My sis if u ve the chance to travel out of Europe u will curse our leaders and their greed.It is here in Europe especially the part of the world i reside I came to see what difference it makes when there is no corruption and where such is punished. That there is more than enough to satisfy everyone. With a very transparent system, all benefits. I mean it when I say all. Not even as little as one person is poor cos of the social security for the disabled, unemployed or aged, free school at ALL levels, subsidised health for all but free for those who are unable to pay.
Not until I came here, constant power which will forever be a mystery to solve in Nigeria is solved as I am living for my first 3 years of my entire life without power interruption. Even I as a foreigner what I ve benefitted here in this few years I wud never get in Nigeria my entire life unless i am of the elite which shud not be.
I will say it again and again it is far easier for d Devil to make heaven than for Nigeria to progress. Our desire to make wealth without moral principles, greed will lead that nation to unavoidable ruin and misery it is experiencing. What baffles me is that we call God pass, here oyibo nonsend God. Infact if u come thier church u will ask urself why d need for a church building.
Some of us that may want to contribute our quota to do what govt suppose to do they wud be requesting for bribes can u imagine that.

Interesting....
That fraud/scam thing is real...and some guys get offended when I'm being extra cautious...and trying to check motives.
I cannot imagine having power problems on a consistent basis. The only times power goes off in the U.S. is if
1). A person hasn't paid his/her bill
2). A severe storm has occurred and knocked down power lines or trees have fallen on the lines...
It's sad cause Nigeria was once such a great country....from what my dad tells me and from what I've read.
The whole continent (that magnificent cake) is such an agriculturally rich place....but it's been robbed....
How to make it great again....is the question.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 22, 2017
fratermathy:

I think its a "he". I also think this was informed by racism and hate more than anything else. There are too many generalisations. There are bad eggs in Nigeria, no doubts about that, but to say ALL NIGERIANS are like that? That's an overstretching of falsity!
read properly, the writer narrated experience, yes, drew a conclusion yea Buh she never really generalized, she did say 50, 2-3, blah blah.

how is it racism if what the writer is a saying is the truth, do yhu really know what racism means.

there are some hostel in Nigeria, practically everyone there into one form of internet scam.

that bad name would definitely rub off on the good ones.

one of the reason a friend killed an online idea, was cause of Nigeria's reputation outside.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by MiddleDimension: 6:51pm On May 25, 2017
Ishilove:
This is awkward... embarassed

An ignorant racist writes nonsense and some Nigerians are accepting it as gospel truth.

While we accept that Nigeria is a country bedevilled by corruption, this kind of generalisation has rendered the article nonsensical. How can you say 'every Nigerian is a scammer'? The most notorious scammers in history are Americans, Europeans and Asians. Every crook hiding in cyberspace can claim to be Nigerian because we already have a bad rep.

I dismissed the entire article when the silly writer inferred that Nairobi is in West Africa. I cannot take the thoughts of such an ignorant person seriously, whether black or white.

As for the Emmanuel who commented on the blog, he evidently belongs to that class of Nigerians in Diaspora who display their rock bottom self esteem and inferiority complex by being more American than the Americans.

Crap!

you spoke my mind completely. infact, i will have to join this conversation in full force.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Face Of The Thief Electrocuted By Barbed Wire in Kogi (Photos) / 42-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping A 32-Year-Old Woman In Ogun / Ruth Kamande, Beauty Queen Sentenced To Death In Kenya (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.