Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia (23240 Views)

Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So / 9 Things To Consider Before Launching Your Blog / 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia by pressplay411(m): 3:18pm On May 21, 2017
vantage001:

You need to get properly informed. Asia is not the hub of technology.
China is the hub for cheap labour and industrial manufacturing, but it is definitely not the hub of technology.
Name one chinese car, phone or laptop, or airplane that is world class and widely used.? Which would you choose between an infinix phone and an apple or an american dell laptop and whatever chinese brand is out there?
So how can they be the hub of technology when their products is not the leading global standards.? Their only advantage is their enormously cheap labour and the fact that they have a decent degree of technical ability.
The hub of technology is Europe and America.

The way you speak of China you remind me of Jon Snow... You know nothing.
China is no doubt the technology hub.
America has the advantage of market value. What ever is branded in USA is globally accepted, period.
Re: China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia by vantage001: 8:01pm On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:

The way you speak of China you remind me of Jon Snow... You know nothing.
China is no doubt the technology hub.
America has the advantage of market value. What ever is branded in USA is globally accepted, period.
Illiterate.
Name one chinese product that is the leading global brand since they are the technology hub?
Do you even know what technology hub mean? It is not just having factories churning out millions of products that better countries designed.
If i give you a choice between a Ford and a chinese car, which one would you choose?
Re: China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia by pressplay411(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2017
vantage001:

Illiterate.
Name one chinese product that is the leading global brand since they are the technology hub?
Do you even know what technology hub mean? It is not just having factories churning out millions of products that better countries designed.
If i give you a choice between a Ford and a chinese car, which one would you choose?

Guess you're right. I confused China for Japan but US still tops the list. But haba that does make me an illiterate na, someone canor pley wiyu?
https://exploredia.com/top-10-most-technologically-advanced-countries-in-the-world/
Re: China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia by GrandGarcon: 11:22am On May 22, 2017
The level of ignorance of people who use this site is quite alarming. The CCP or Chinese Communist Party is doing this because the Wikipedia guidelines say that it is either you a country allows the whole of the website or you ban it all, that is to say, under no circumstance will a country for one reason or the other censor parts of the site for any reason. Now the CCP is very itchy on many issues, for example the Tiananmen Massacre, when they killed many young people, they don't want to see Chinese people reading such articles, and want to censor it, but Wikipedia convention won't allow them, so they have to find an alternative and that is why they came up with this nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked / Pictures From Mark Zuckerberg's Visit To Cchub, Yaba / Top Google Searches In Nigeria In 2020, Rahama Sadau, Laycon, Hushpuppi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.