Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,230 members, 7,846,087 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Still On The Wedding Party - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Still On The Wedding Party (26953 Views)

"The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy / Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React / My Honest Review Of The Movie 'the Wedding Party' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Still On The Wedding Party by mpowa(m): 9:46pm On May 17, 2017
bjhaid:
thats not a comedy movie bro, it wasn't that funny.
Well, different strokes for different folks, It was funny to me. A comedian said that in this recession, some folks aren't laughing any more, so e go just be like say comedians no funny again...grin
Re: Still On The Wedding Party by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 17, 2017
mpowa:
Well, different strokes for different folks, It was funny to me. A comedian said that in this recession, some folks aren't laughing any more, so e go just be like say comedians no funny again...grin
Lol, I enjoy comedy tho, at least I saw jenifa and the return of Jenifa at the movies and ''twas funny to me, but over acting just too much for this wp movie, recession aside.
Re: Still On The Wedding Party by laudate: 11:48pm On May 17, 2017
murmee:
The Film was meant to entertain and it did just that. In the peak of Winter, people troop to Wembley Stadium in London to watch football matches just to get entertained and not to receive any message!
What a beautiful rejoinder!! God bless you. cheesy I still do not understand why some folks think that every film has to have some kind of political undertone or message, for it to appeal to the audience. Haven't they ever heard of people creating "art for art's sake?"
Re: Still On The Wedding Party by laudate: 11:52pm On May 17, 2017
Afam4eva:
Exactly. The picture quality and the pomp and pageantry is up there. But the delivery especially from the Actors were average a best. Alibaba was not convincing as a typical Yoruba man. Neither was RMD and Iretiola doyle as an Igbo man and woman respectively.

What is a typical Yoruba man, and how exactly does he behave? And in what way did RMD and Ireti Doyle fail in their attempts to portray an Igbo man and woman, respectively? Each ethnic group is made up of people with diverse features, characters, backgrounds, lifestyles and inclinations. Sadly, most folks only believe and propagate stereotypes, for reasons best known to them.
Re: Still On The Wedding Party by Fashionsglaze(f): 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
☀THE WEDDING PARTY PART 2...☀
Touch the IMAGE to watch the PART 2....
Grab your POPCORN and sit tight..
Don't forget to SUBCRIBE
Motto: bringing entertainment to your door step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=extTyApWuls
Re: Still On The Wedding Party by LaudableXX: 2:03am On Feb 09, 2018
Wedding Party 2 lacked the infectious comedy that characterised its' predecessor - the original Wedding Party 1. angry On a scale of 1 to 10, I will give Wedding Party 2 a rating of 4/10, while Wedding Party 1 would get a 7/10.

Except for a few flashes of great acting from Deidre's parents - the Winstons, as well as the great acting by Sola Sobowale, Banky Wellington and Adesua, every other actor was almost bland. There was very little drama in the film, no twists and turns that could give rise to suspense in the plot, and very little else to make it memorable. sad Too many of the scenes were cut short abruptly.

In the scene where Diedre goes to Dunni's room, the night before the wedding looking tearful, their dialogue ends sharply, with the entry of Dunni's husband, Dozie - even before it begins. sad And everyone is left wondering what Deirdre was actually going through, and left guessing about what she really wanted to say. It would have been a great scene, if she could have been allowed to do some soul-searching, and was given a chance to unburden herself.

It would have been nice, to turn it into a moment showing the bond of sisterhood, and how true female friends can offer a shoulder to cry on and even become a rock of Gibraltar, in the valley of decision, for their befuddled pals. But no, the writer ruined it, and the actors couldn't rescue that scene from the dustbin.

The marriage introduction scene ended in a fiasco, due to Dozie's aunt and Deirdre's father losing their temper and exchanging words. It could have been an opportunity to juxtapose the different marriage cultures (i.e. British and Nigerian), and highlight their differences, while showcasing similarities, in the bonds of love and relationships, formed at such occasions. undecided

At the end of the film, the skyline of Dubai made more impression on my mind, than the content of the movie. I wish I had waited for the DVD version to be released, and watched it in the privacy of my home, instead of taking out time, effort and energy to watch it in a cinema. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere / BBNaija: Khafi To Gedoni "I Was Celibate For 8 Years After I Became Christian" / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.