Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience (40389 Views)

5 Common Phone Charging Mistakes / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia / Overnight Phone Charging Causes The Demise Of Seven (7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Abudu2000(m): 8:54am On May 18, 2017
I don't know when people will ever learn that Chinese are wack.America onces made mockery that they are not afraid of their bombs coz they know Chinese quality is next to zero....

Buy quality phones, htc,lg,samsung...infact now that unremovable battery is the trend i wouldn't even bet on any Chinese product..

Better to use a 2011 htc or Samsung than a 2017 Chinese...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Princeboca12(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2017
Justice96:
You should have switched it off i charge my phone overnight but i always make sure i switch it off (Galaxy S6) overheat alot due to fast charge but once its 100% full it cools down automatically even without removing the charger. Use quality phones

Baba u go sell ur phone
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Jbleenk: 8:58am On May 18, 2017
u no no say anything chinko no dey last? Sorry o
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by uzzyphilip(m): 9:01am On May 18, 2017
I use samsung core 2, once its 100% fully charged, it stops charging.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 9:02am On May 18, 2017
The danger is only applicable to archaic phones. New models are smart enough to disconnect
from charger when full. The archaic models keeps charging even when full, therefore, eliminating, assassinating
and annihilating the battery.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by questionpsgg: 9:04am On May 18, 2017
my newly bought laptop screen got damaged because of overnight charging. All of a sudden it started showing pink.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by whitebeard(m): 9:05am On May 18, 2017
Na NEPA spoil the phone no be charger..if u don't charge your phone overnight pls signify
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by chiraqDemon(m): 9:12am On May 18, 2017
Not necessarily ovwrnight charging tho. D phone could have still blown in ur hands if u were using it at the time it happened.
The reason i actually fear overnight charging is if ur phone decides to go note 7 on u and when u wake up its too late and the fire from the exploding phone burns u and ur house
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 9:23am On May 18, 2017
Pictures of the phone? I dont know why we are so wasteful, we over charge our phones, laptops and other gadgets.

We dont switch them off when going to sleep.

Owners of borehole will spend millions sinking the bore hole but cannot invest 10-15k to buy the regulator that ensures that the tank is not overfull and spill water all over the area.

Where I live when nepa brings light there is artificial flooding and erosion of the roads becos many residents are just too lazy to switch off their sumo thus flooding the road with water.

Many homes dont have fire extinguishers, if not for FRSC many Nigerians would be losing their flashy rides to fire because they wouldnt even know what a fire extinguisher looks like.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by bigtt76(f): 9:23am On May 18, 2017
You didn't tell us if you were charging on gen or public power supply or if you were using a different charger from the one that came with the device undecided

ShinyJay22:
It seemed to me as though i was in a dream cos i couldn't believe i was going to be in this kind of situation that sunday morning (30th of april 2017).

Some hours before then i had been keeping tabs on the boxing bout between A.j & Klitchko via nland with my infinix hot 2. Around 11pm after the bout i was feeling dizzy due to long hours of being wide awake, so i then decide to go to bed.

Meanwhile,my phone was at 50% charge at the time but due to the unpredictable nature of our guys (nepa or whatever the name they choose to call themselves) i decided to plug my device whilst i go to sleep (big mistake).

That was how i woke up on Sunday around 8am, after observing a lil meditation i decided to go for my phone. On picking it up first thing i observed was that my phone was switched off. That's when i sensed danger (because i didn't switch my phone off in the first place). I then tried to switch it on but it didn't come up but rather my screen backlight was flashing on and off in sync with the back cameras flash light.

I later checked my charger only to discover that it had blown overnight, that was when my worst fear was confirmed. I proceeded to check if it was a minor problem that could easily be fixed but i found out the power surge had damaged the phones panel therefore rendering it irreparable.

Thats my story nlanders. If anyone had told me i'd lose my device to overnight charging i would have laughed it off but that's where i'm at today.

Therefore, I decided to share my story with you guys so that you may learn from my error. Good day guys.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by DBannedAssassin(m): 9:26am On May 18, 2017
Kai..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ZAWs:
Tecno, infinix and their kinds na apology.
I rather use 2013 Samsung, HTC, LG than these 2017 Chinese roadside substandard plastic toys.
When you tell them how dangerous these roadside substandard failures are to use; they would be equating them to STANDARD PHONES. Telling you they have eyes and ears scanners, pepper spray etc.
That phone would have stopped charging if it were a STANDARD PHONE once it detects a power surge.
Nonsense
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Chukazu: 9:29am On May 18, 2017
baba4thegehs:
China phone plus fake charger equals disaster.

I'm not surprised.

Original chargers have regulators even if there is a power surge it's output doesn't change.

Buy OEM stop buying all these China brands with mediocre components embedded inside the phone.

I once used Tecno C8, the phone just crashed just like that after an OTA update ever since then I don't do MTKs

Unfortunately you learnt the hard way.

Sorry Chap

Is there any phone that is not china?

Or you meant original china phone?

2 Likes

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by thunderbabs: 9:31am On May 18, 2017
All dz pangolo phones, tecno, infinix etal....na infinix i dey use post this comment oo buh I pray i hammer quick to geh a class phone Samsung...

Dz infinix na error...phone has numerous issues yet dey ve craxy price tags coz of camera...

China n fake products
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by kk4real: 9:40am On May 18, 2017
[quote author=coldcase post=56631104][/quote]
SCAM ALERT! DO NOT PATRONIZE!
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:41am On May 18, 2017
Gkemz:
I'm a witness. My Galaxy s4 panel was badly affected after an overnight charging with an infinix charger. Suspecting that the battery is bad, i tried to clean it with petrol (that's a mistake i made) and inserted it afterwards to phone. The phone refused to power and when i sent it to a technician, i was meant to understand that the panel is gone.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by vincentjk(m): 9:42am On May 18, 2017
Among all these Chinese products i prefer gionee pass,
I'll be getting xperia z or Samsung Galaxy Note soon tho

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by wakes: 9:44am On May 18, 2017
Sorry
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by HellRaiXer: 9:48am On May 18, 2017
That's what you get for patronising non-major brands.

A standard brand would have damaged your battery or charger and at the very worst damage the charging circuit of your phone , but never to render it irreparable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:51am On May 18, 2017
He definitely wasn't using the recommended charger.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2017
The problem was definitely not charging overnight.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Henri8: 10:13am On May 18, 2017
shiftback:

Lol...you obviously do not know what OEM means do you? grin

Lol...he doesn't.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:19am On May 18, 2017
9ja niqqas * use a nokia phone * battery is samsung * use a tecno charger why won't ur phone explode ?
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by ShinyJay22(m): 10:21am On May 18, 2017
bigtt76:
You didn't tell us if you were charging on gen or public power supply or if you were using a different charger from the one that came with the device undecided

It was not on gen,i would have specified that already in my post.The damage was as a result of a bad neutral causing a bad power surge and by the way please i appeal that no one(or company) is to be blamed other than me for this incident so those blaming infinix should pls take a chill pill.Afterall i was the one that used a third party (not infinix but a samsung chinese cloned) charger to charge my phone and prior to that day it had been functioning perfectly.
I just wanted to use my story to highlight the unpredictablity of life.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by mailemy(m): 10:21am On May 18, 2017
Better to download battery alarm app which alerts you when the phone is fully charged.
Although my Samsung stop charging once is fully charged to 100%.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 10:22am On May 18, 2017
This is the very reason why you should buy quality phones with wireless charging.

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Pennywise(m): 10:25am On May 18, 2017
People lose houses to NEPA power surge. You lost a phone. Be thankful.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by bigtt76(f): 10:27am On May 18, 2017
It's clear now. Hard luck.

ShinyJay22:
It was not on gen,i would have specified that already in my post.The damage was as a result of a bad neutral causing a bad power surge and by the way please i appeal that no one(or company) is to be blamed other than me for this incident so those blaming infinix should pls take a chill pill.Afterall i was the one that used a third party (not infinix but a samsung chinese cloned) charger to charge my phone and prior to that day it had been functioning perfectly.
I just wanted to use my story to highlight the unpredictablity of life.Thanks
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by JayJustus(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2017
LordZero:

lmfao. ..

When you tell them there is a difference between quality and quantity, they'll say you are hating or you have a nonsense mentality. .... Even original Nokia charger has surge protector and charge regulator...

as they say "who no know go know" ...let them keep buying mopstick calling it phone
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Hassan080196(m): 10:48am On May 18, 2017
Heartmender1:
My Samsung Galaxy prime also got damaged within 10min when i charged it with GEN, I was surprised dat the phone i just used in chatting and calling people suddenly became a dead phone. I even had an argument with my neighbor concerning how i met my phone switched off whereas it was ON Wen I left it to charge.. But unfortunately, wen i took the phone to a care center; they said its because i didn't use the specified charger of the phone and it has caused damage to the phone which can't be repair again than to change the panel...

Perhaps you're using perforated Samsung.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Addresses Or Phone Numbers Of Nokia Care/repair Centres / 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / New Tecno A7 Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.