Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience (40392 Views)

5 Common Phone Charging Mistakes / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia / Overnight Phone Charging Causes The Demise Of Seven (7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Hassan080196(m): 8:01pm On May 18, 2017
OHIsIManuEL:

you guys have started again, what do you mean?
was it not samsung that released bombs as phones last year, if it was all these smaller brands, we won't hear word again.
take a chill pill jor
thank you

Bomb or no bomb, you can never compare Samsung and IPhone with any chinco phone. That's just the fact you have to deal with... I've been using Samsung for some times now and I've never had an issue with it.. even, I'm typing with my S7edge now.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by kcy(m): 9:19pm On May 18, 2017
Hassan080196:

Bomb or no bomb, you can never compare Samsung and IPhone with any chinco phone. That's just the fact you have to deal with... I've been using Samsung for some times now and I've never had an issue with it.. even, I'm typing with my S7edge now.
My tecno l6 since 2015 is till keeping on
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by dasanchez1(m): 9:47pm On May 18, 2017
bjhaid:
This is the most dumbest post have seen on nairaland
grin
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by OHIsIManuEL(m): 10:14pm On May 18, 2017
Hassan080196:

the highest selling / shipped android phone in the world for Q1 of 2017 is oppo, a "chinko phone"
moreover, there's no phone made with major contribution from china
but i have to agree with you, you can't compare Samsung and iPhone to some terrible chinese brands
but then you have huawei, xiaomi, oppo etc that are global brands and you can't discard them.
the iPhone is just a us brand, it is manufactured in china by foxconn, the world's biggest contract electronics manufacturer
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by baba4thegehs: 11:25pm On May 18, 2017
DaCharis2016:
Am considering a tecno, infinix phone. Which do u suggest I buy. Because I hate low quality phones. Samsung is kinda 2 xpensive for. And my budget is 40k. Whats ur take on LG, Gionee or xaomi fones?

You can get a used galaxy S5 for ₦40k

You don't have to buy new you can get a London used S5 and I bet you won't regret it.

Or better yet check aliexpress for xaomi the snapdragon variant

Used LG G3 also goes for that price.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Hassan080196(m): 12:00am On May 19, 2017
From Forbes 2017.

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Hassan080196(m): 12:12am On May 19, 2017
Take this too.... There's no such smartphone selling more than Samsung and Apple in world market

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by peterbello(m): 7:33am On May 19, 2017
ShinyJay22:
It seemed to me as though i was in a dream cos i couldn't believe i was going to be in this kind of situation that sunday morning (30th of april 2017).

I don't see any issue with overnight charging here. It could have happened even in the day time. It's not like you would be close to your phone through out and dive in slow-mo (Indian movie style) when the power surge occurs.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by ShinyJay22(m): 8:48am On May 19, 2017
peterbello:

I don't see any issue with overnight charging here. It could have happened even in the day time. It's not like you would be close to your phone through out and dive in slow-mo (Indian movie style) when the power surge occurs.
I beg to differ on that Mr.P.
One thing you should understand is that you can not prevent what happens whilst you sleep but if you were awake even if there'd be damage it'd be minimal cos you could pull it off the charger.
Anyways i know most people would discredit my experience as not related to overnight charging (whilst sleeping) infact i used to be like you but now i've learnt my lesson the hard way.Thanks
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 10:45am On May 22, 2017
ZAWs:
Tecno, infinix and their kinds na apology.
I rather use a 2013 Samsung, HTC, LG than these 2017 Chinese roadside substandard plastic toys.
When you tell them how dangerous these roadside substandard failures are to use; they would be equating them to STANDARD PHONES. Telling you they have eyes and ears scanners, pepper spray etc.
That phone would have stopped charging if it were a STANDARD PHONE once it detects a power surge.
Nonsense

Rome wasn't built in a day, I still recall a certain Samsung flagship phone blew up people's cars and houses. All the top brands you mentioned took years of evolution right? Plus it's these so called chinese toys that put Android technology in the hands of the low income earners, and still giving the Giants a fight for market share in Africa and Asia at least.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 10:50am On May 22, 2017
durentchigozie:
Before i opened this thread, i knew i would see tecno, gionee, infinix. Later they'd be shouting "my infinix has 50mp, 30gig RAM, 10000mAH battery capacity" na by that one?

The phone don blow throway, chinko.

Pls try buy better phone next time.

Sent from my SONY xperia Z5 premium™

You should understand that no everyone has the money to buy a z5 premium. Do you know what will happen if these chinese brands were to die off, your Sony will monopolize the market and kill you with cut throat prices, so much that you may not be able to buy it anymore. Understand that.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 22, 2017
Princeboca12:

Can i have ur number

08159865430.... Call me
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by tafat: 6:00pm On May 22, 2017
And what phone was that?
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by marlenesaffan: 8:03am On May 23, 2017
Just follow https://besttrackingapps.com/mobile-phone-lookup/ to find out the main features of a spy app that can help you.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 8:18am On May 24, 2017
Princeboca12:

Can i have ur number

O8159865430

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by TheRealMykel: 6:44am On May 30, 2017
[quote author=OHIsIManuEL post=56633952][/quote] do you wanna get a panel? I got one for sale. A SGH-i19500. Call me. 08135690207
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Queentito(f): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
ZAWs:
Tecno, infinix and their kinds na apology.
I rather use a 2013 Samsung, HTC, LG than these 2017 Chinese roadside substandard plastic toys.
When you tell them how dangerous these roadside substandard failures are to use; they would be equating them to STANDARD PHONES. Telling you they have eyes and ears scanners, pepper spray etc.
That phone would have stopped charging if it were a STANDARD PHONE once it detects a power surge.
Nonsense

Mister, it's wrong to slander brands like this. My brother's Samsung S7 had the same issue because he charged it with Gen overnight. So it's not just infinix, tecno and the likes, your so called bigger brands are not immune to this
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by GEJDHERO: 10:14am On Jun 27, 2017
durentchigozie:
Before i opened this thread, i knew i would see tecno, gionee, infinix. Later they'd be shouting "my infinix has 50mp, 30gig RAM, 10000mAH battery capacity" na by that one?

The phone don blow throway, chinko.

Pls try buy better phone next time.

Sent from my SONY xperia Z5 premium™
Imao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi 7 User's Official Discussions Thread / New Tecno A7 Specifications / List Of Addresses Or Phone Numbers Of Nokia Care/repair Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.