Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,505 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye (22163 Views)

Has President Buhari Appointed Kingibe as New Chief Of Staff? (Fact Check) / Malami Asks Tony Ojukwu To Resume As NHRC Boss Without Senate Confirmation / Photo Of Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, The Newly Appointed DG Of NIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Principe67(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2017
Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial district, Dino Melaye, in a point of Order (43) Wednesday, stated that the Director General of National Lottery Commission was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari without confirmation of the Senate.

He explained that the appointment has seen the Director General discharging responsibilities in clear breach of section 8(1) of the lottery act.

Dino cautioned that if the illegality was allowed, it would create disrespect for the rule of law, noting that Nigerians must be respected for Democratic norms they yearned for.

“Mr. President, distinguished colleagues, as I speak, the DC has resumed at the Commission without passing through the checks of Senate as required by laws. Nigerians must be respected,” he submitted.

Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki in response noted that the issues are weighty despite the fact that the matter came through order of personal explanation.

He stated that thorough investigation would be carried out, adding that the Senate will make sure that the appointee is stopped.

“The issues raised by Dino are weighty, though it came through a personal explanation. I think the matter may come through a motion so that the gentleman can stop the nonsense he is doing,” he said.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/05/17/senate-threatens-stop-appointment-dg-national-lottery-commission/amp/

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by IgbosAreGreat(f): 3:54pm On May 17, 2017
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by myopinion2011: 3:56pm On May 17, 2017
Sariki is now the President, Dino the Vice President. That is what you get when you have a sick General as President.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by softwerk(f): 3:57pm On May 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Principe67(m): 3:58pm On May 17, 2017
Oya let the afonjas and flatinoes jump on these, they always find a way to bring tribalism into any matter

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by CACAWA(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2017
Pls can the person above stop using my pix for goodness sake.

Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Principe67(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2017
CACAWA:
Pls can the person above stop using my pix for goodness sake.

SEE AS FOOLISHNESS DEY SMELL FOLLOW THIS ONE

Mtchewwwww

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by SillyMods: 4:17pm On May 17, 2017
So so so threats wey no get effect.

They threatened to bring govt down over Magu, yet nothing happened.

They threatened to crash governance over Custom's Ali for uniform, wetin don happen?

They threatened not to screen recently appointed ambassadors, dem finally screen dem.

Take the useless senate serious at your own risk. Bunch of incompetent looters.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by chuksjuve(m): 6:26pm On May 17, 2017
So what should we do to it?
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by NwaObinkita: 6:26pm On May 17, 2017
grin

You mean this country has a Director for Baba Ijebu, Lotto and BetNaija.

We are finished.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by engrjacuzzi: 6:27pm On May 17, 2017
I wonder who the cabals of this country are

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Nigeriadondie: 6:27pm On May 17, 2017
Useless Dino

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Unimaginable123: 6:28pm On May 17, 2017
One chance government

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Alwaystruth: 6:28pm On May 17, 2017
Na wa oo..APC is the ruling and opposition party altogether...

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Unimaginable123: 6:28pm On May 17, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
Useless Dino
is his allegation true or false? Attack the message, not the messenger

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Victornezzar: 6:29pm On May 17, 2017
Principe67:
Oya let the afonjas and flatinoes jump on these, they always find a way to bring tribalism into any matter
what u just said duz it correspond with d topic

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Unimaginable123: 6:30pm On May 17, 2017
Alwaystruth:
Na wa oo..APC is the ruling and opposition party altogether...
I tire o. Apoointer APC, opposer APC. That bitter party will soon implode

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by mr2kay(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2017
Honestly didn't read the op
Anyways check my signature for your web design projects.Also thanks to all those who has patronized me.Thanks to seun for this nice platform also
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by emmabest2000(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2017
myopinion2011:
Sariki is now the President, Dino the Vice President. That is what you get when you have a sick General as President.

God is our only Hope ..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by dungas30(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2017
CONCENTRATE ON DOING SOMETHING FOR THE MASSES NOT FOCUS UR ENERGY ON FIGHTING THE PRESIDENT. I THINK THE SENATE NEEDS A POWER STIRRING
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Pavarottii(m): 6:31pm On May 17, 2017
SillyMods:
So so so threats wey no get effect.

They threatened to bring govt down over Magi, yet nothing happened.

They threatened to crash governance over Custom's Ali for uniform, wetin don happen?

They threatened not to screen recently appointed ambassadors, dem finally screen dem.

Take the useless senate serious at your own risk. Bunch of incompetent looters.
Later u say u guys use Ur brain. Me thinking u r educated and knows how a democratic government works. If actually u r learned sha. This is wrongest comment from u. An educated man will focus on d message first before any other thing. Please go back to school.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by jwart(m): 6:31pm On May 17, 2017
Noted!
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Olukokosir(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2017
Unimaginable123:

Tell him my brother

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by massinola(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2017
Principe67:
You are pathetic. Who's bringing bigotry to this now apart from you?
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Philinho(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2017
this government cannot rule for a long time. I doubt

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by tectonotimes: 6:32pm On May 17, 2017
IMAGINE HOW YOUR COMPANY WILL GROW WHEN 20,000 CEOs PATRONIZE YOU
Folks, have you ever imagined how the financial status of your firm will be when more than 20,000 CEOs and other key decision makers of blue-chip corporations pay for your products and services or even give you very juicy deals. The link below will tell you more:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2015/07/tectono-business-review-in-conjunction_21.html
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by abbeyty(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2017
which lottery ? can some1 give me a link where to play the so called Nigeria lottery
Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by Nigeriadondie: 6:33pm On May 17, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Until he has told us what he and other useless senators has done with the constituency allowance they get?All the fleet of exotic cars he flaunts is it not with d allowance for constituency projects? What projects have they executed? Why are they not enacting laws to make corruption have higher jail terms instead of the current 2 years? What are they doing with the billions they have allocated to themselves in d budget? I can see u re a fan of people who by their actions and inactions have left Nigeria without hope
Look at d case of Magu while were they against his appointment? Their approval is not required cos they are not there to really serve that is while Nigeria is doomed beyond redemption
It amuses me that Nigerians wud stand to defend people who have destroyed their future and those of d unborn. Even u are a victim of their stinking greed. Can u say u re satisfied with d way u re living?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by AtlanticBreeze: 6:35pm On May 17, 2017
APC FIGHTING APC

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointed DG Of Lottery Commission Without Senate's Approval- Dino Melaye by fyneguy: 6:35pm On May 17, 2017
grin These people will always demand ''settlement'' from every nominee before confirmation.

NASS leadership must be changed, if we are serious about effecting enduring changes in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Publish Assets Declarations Of Buhari, Osinbajo, Others, PDP To APC / Senate Panel Presents Buhari’s Impeachment Report Today / Afenifere: We Can't Help Osinbajo Because He Has Not Admitted There Is A Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.