Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan (3787 Views)

Ben Kalu Reacts To Exclusion Of South East From 9th NASS Leadership / Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief / Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by INTROVERT(f): 6:28pm On May 17, 2017
ABARIBE SPITS FIRE IN THE SENATE.

It was a charged atmosphere today in the Senate during the consideration of the request sent in by President Buhari to borrow 5.8 Billion Dollars from the China Exim Bank to finance some critical railway projects across the country.

When proceedings started, a visibly angry Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP ABIA) in his motion, drew the attention of the Senate to the fact that from the document before them which outlined the projects to be financed with the loan, no single rail project in the entire South East was included.

The Senator wondered why a whole region will be excluded from such key development while every other region benefited.
Senator Abaribe who is the Chairman of the South East Senate Caucus described the situation as unfortunate and a deliberate attempt to frustrate development in the South East calling on the Senate to roundly reject the request for the loan until the anomaly is corrected and the South East included.

Senator Gbenga Ashafa (APC LAGOS) countered Abaribe and said that since government is a continuum, the South East should be patient and wait for another time. This sparked a heavy row in the Senate as majority of the Senators shouted down their Lagos colleague.

Senate President, Bukola Saraki agreed with Abaribe and stated that it was wrong to exclude any region from such heavy project. He pledged to lead a delegation of the Senate Leadership to meet with Presidency officials to sort out the issue.

In the meantime, consideration of the loan has been stood down while the Senate agreed with Abaribe to summon Transport Minister, Rotimi Amaechi to come and provide explanations for this mischievous exclusion.

Yet again, Abaribe has risen in defense of our people.

Most Distinguished Senator,

Man of Courage...

Ala Asaala.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=435386910159553&id=100010647431897

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by INTROVERT(f): 6:29pm On May 17, 2017
Who watched the live session??
Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by leofab(f): 6:53pm On May 17, 2017
Civil war grudges.. we all know Nigeria and Biafra is still on a Cold War.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by lordmayor4(m): 8:04pm On May 17, 2017
I thought that was settled during budget defense?

1 Like

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Nature8(m): 9:01pm On May 17, 2017
Good one from Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe..

23 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Dedetwo(m): 9:26pm On May 17, 2017
Some bloody fools will ask why Ndigbo want out of the cesspit called Nigeria. Anything short of total disintegration of the colonial contraption called Nigeria is waste of time and energy.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by vantage001: 10:07pm On May 17, 2017
God punish that amaechi wherever he is.
Useless son of a bittch.
angry

19 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by mrvitalis(m): 10:16pm On May 17, 2017
Yes I am angry the south east was excluded
And I complained when Jonathan did it

Did we just realise this now ??

We all adopted Jonathan ..this was his deal not buhari ..buhari only renegotiated the cost

There is an Eastern line that passes from port Harcourt to meduguri ...there is a proposed rail from ajokuta to onne through aba ..

Allow the project but seek for a compensation that's the best ..

5 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Alariwo2: 10:26pm On May 17, 2017
I stand with Amaechi..

Exclusion well on point

3 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:07pm On May 17, 2017
mrvitalis:
Yes I am angry the south east was excluded now ??

We all adopted Jonathan ..this was his deal not buhari ..buhari only renegotiated the cost

There is an Eastern line that passes from port Harcourt to meduguri ...there is a proposed rail from ajokuta to onne through aba ..

You must be a Fool! Goodnight.

21 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Xway(m): 11:32pm On May 17, 2017
mrvitalis:

Ur an idiot bro

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by ejanla077: 11:56pm On May 17, 2017
mrvitalis:

Alariwo2:
I stand with Amaechi..

Exclusion well on point
mrvitalis:

my yoruba muslim brothers. its been stopped nothing our coneheads can do about it. I'm pained by this Flattheads

18 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Mujaheeeden: 12:00am On May 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

If only you can stay off internet until you clock 25. You always sound shallow that Ipobexposed the Jambite makes more meaningful contribution than you

20 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Malawian(m): 12:03am On May 18, 2017
Senator Gbenga Ashafa (APC LAGOS) countered Abaribe and said that since government is a continuum, the South East should be patient and wait for another time. This sparked a heavy row in the Senate as majority of the Senators shouted down their Lagos colleague.

Na dem dem.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by AbakalikiPress: 12:42am On May 18, 2017
SE is not excluded from Nigeria's railway masterplan if anyone has actually seen the map.

They are even planning to link up Abakaliki, can you imagine.

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Christistruth00: 1:14am On May 18, 2017
Actually Aba,Asaba,Onitsha and Agbor are included, but I think it would have been better to construct two branches ,A little Like the northern line in London .The first branch will be Calabar to Benin via port harcourt and warri onward to Lagos and the second would be calabar to Benin. Via the Southeast heartland taking in towns like Ikot Ekpene umuahia,Owerri,Orlu,Awka ,Onitsha Asaba to Benin then on to Lagos,or the branch line can alternatively start at Aba through Umuahia,Owerri,Orlu Awka Onitsha Asaba Benin then onwards to Lagos instead of the back loop through Igbanke which is only a few minutes drive to Agbor.
The Railway station buildings do not need to be elaborate as long as the track runs through and the trains stop there.

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by mrvitalis(m): 2:17am On May 18, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
If only you can stay off internet until you clock 25. You always sound shallow that Ipobexposed the Jambite makes more meaningful contribution than you

Mr wise man ..did u complain about this when Jonathan brought out this project??

Or ur complaining now ??

4 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by roofplus: 2:48am On May 18, 2017
The Complete Roofing Solutions

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:25am On May 18, 2017
Malawian:

Na dem dem.
why would a sane mind make such senseless statement. This country is just messed up.

18 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Nobody: 4:47am On May 18, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
SE is not excluded from Nigeria's railway masterplan if anyone has actually seen the map.

They are even planning to link up Abakaliki, can you imagine.

Like they are still planning to build second Niger Bridge?

9 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by lordkhalifa(m): 5:17am On May 18, 2017
buhari is a coward... good one abaribe, 2018/2019 campaign kickstart

12 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by btcfarm: 5:28am On May 18, 2017
This is very wrong how can you exclude a whole region from such a gigantic project

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by softmind24: 5:37am On May 18, 2017
sad
Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by fulanimafia: 5:46am On May 18, 2017
mrvitalis:
Yes I am angry the south east was excluded
And I complained when Jonathan did it

Did we just realise this now ??

Your brothers are clearly allergic to admitting that Azikiwe Jonathan thoroughly failed the South East but I salute your courage and sincerity in identifying and admitting the root cause of the exclusion.

4 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Mujaheeeden: 7:29am On May 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

Mr wise man ..did u complain about this when Jonathan brought out this project??

Or ur complaining now ??
I don't reply kids

9 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by mrvitalis(m): 7:32am On May 18, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
I don't reply kids

Yea..yea easy way out when u got nothing to say ...engage me in a debate n I will dust u to the ground ...so run along old man ..ur type kept us were we are today

1 Like

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Mujaheeeden: 7:37am On May 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

Yea..yea easy way out when u got nothing to say ...engage me in a debate n I will dust u to the ground ...so run along old man ..ur type kept us were we are today
Engage a kid that's typing on a forum like you are typing on your BBM and Whatsapp undecided

I've got bigger Fish to fry in Fulanimafia than someone that's
not worth my time.

Run along kid. Continue submitting your CV. Confused kid

3 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Caseless: 7:39am On May 18, 2017
The one going to calabar does not pass through SE? What about the old rail line?
Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Mujaheeeden: 7:40am On May 18, 2017
fulanimafia:
Your brothers are clearly allergic to admitting that Azikiwe Jonathan thoroughly failed the South East but I salute your courage and sincerity in identifying and admitting the root cause of the exclusion.
No matter how long SE is neglected, we can never be poor like the whole North. Tell me one positive thing that the North has got that yhe SE have not achieved a million times.

The North don't need Railway rather they need EDUCATION wink

11 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by mrvitalis(m): 7:40am On May 18, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Engage a kid that's typing on a forum like you are typing on your BBM and Whatsapp undecided

I've got bigger Fish to fry in Fulanimafia than someone that's
not worth my time.

Run along kid. Continue submitting your CV. Confused kid

Submitting CV ..like u did?? ...nah we created jobs for our self's ....what rule the word is ideas and I got them plenty ...

Bigger fish to fry than the interest of ur country ??

Like i said ..people like u spoiled this country ...we will amend it they way we can ...run along old man

2 Likes

Re: Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan by Caseless: 7:41am On May 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

you don't pay attention to kids like mujaheeeden.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Razat Village Near Gana Ropp, Plateau State Is Under Heavy Attack / Breaking News!!! Spain Massacre Hundreds Of African Migrants!!! / Apc Governors In Group Photography With Asiwaju Bola Tinubu In Lagos [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.