Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? - Travel Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? (197113 Views)

Buy Goods From Dubai And Have Them Delivered To You In Nigeria / What Is The Best Shipping Option From USA To Naija? / Import Honey And Other Goods From Nigeria To Atlanta,ga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by kdships(m): 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2007
Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest?

I have stocks of items waiting to be shipped to Nigeria from the US but am finding it hard paying for the shipping. UPS, DHL, FEDEX, AIRBOURNE fees are a little too expensive for me.

If you have an idea about a much cheaper company or a better way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Coleslove: 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2007
And don't you think its better you make known what sort of stocks you are shipping? I guess that would aid better suggestions.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by ikamefa(f): 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2007
depends on where you are in the US there is a company called Nedlinks here in Ny they do a good job and there are other independent Nigerian companies too doing the same thing.

Coleslove:

And don't you think its better you make known what sort of stocks you are shipping? I guess that would aid better suggestions.

word! @ topic what do you normally ship to 9ja cheesy
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by rikkyjen(m): 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2007
If you are lucky to know a FEDEX worker like me cheesy cheesy, then U go dey ship goods every day like crazy.Actually, FEDEX gives its staffs a whooping 70% discount off on all shippings. So try and sabi any Nigerian broda working there, then you are game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Shinor(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2007
I shipped some Movie cameras i bought from B&H in Newyork to lagos via Global Express (USPS) there was a $70 difference between them and UPS. It took 28 days . but it arrived Lagos in one piece. It was deposited at General Post Office marina. NIPOST is the official partners of USPS/GLOBAL EXPRESS. They in turn sent a slip to the person i sent the cameras to who now went to collect them.
The customs office there (GPO , marina) asked for N35k which was eventually brought down to N7k,
If you are brave enough to leave your goods in the hands of NIPOST like i did, then try USPS.
Worse still you can't track the goods when they leave America.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by GNature(m): 11:58am On Apr 02, 2007
@kdships

Before you consider using anything related to NIPOST, I suggest you read this thread:-

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-334.0.html#msg189266
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Rogo: 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2007
i like that but 28days is too much for goods to arrive
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by adconline(m): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2007
I saw this company ad in a magazine.

Antioch International
Shipping and Services
232 E 181ST Street
Bronx New York 10457-2104
Tel.#: 718/367-2936
Fax#: 718/367-8896
gowusuafriyie2993@yahoo.com

Disclaimer. I have not done business with them and dont really know them. Doing business with them is at owner's risk.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Consultant(f): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2007
I shipped some Movie cameras i bought from B&H in Newyork to lagos via Global Express (USPS) there was a $70 difference between them and UPS. It took 28 days . but it arrived Lagos in one piece. It was deposited at General Post Office marina. NIPOST is the official partners of USPS/GLOBAL EXPRESS. They in turn sent a slip to the person i sent the cameras to who now went to collect them.
The customs office there (GPO , marina) asked for N35k which was eventually brought down to N7k,
If you are brave enough to leave your goods in the hands of NIPOST like i did, then try USPS.
Worse still you can't track the goods when they leave America.

GASP!!! Don't do it! The first time i tried this my parcel arrived. The second time, it never saw the light of day. USPS does not guarantee the arrival of its Global Express packages so you have no recourse if the goods don't get there.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by bameyi(m): 1:38am On Apr 04, 2007
please i also need information on shiping from USA i ship computers if any one have info post it for your fellow 9ja brothers. am in Oklahoma, Dallas/TX info is also go.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 04, 2007
GREAT NAIRALANDERS!.

plz i have the same kind of problem, a friend of mine sent a camcoder to me from US. the worst part of it is that he gave me the tracking number and when ever i try to track it, it kepp on saying that "the item is not available in this web" and he said he sent it through USPS.

plz guyz am damn confused, what would have happen? i dont really know what to do again. he sent the camcoder like 3days ago, does that mean that i will still see or may be i should kep on tracking it? till when?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by adconline(m): 5:17am On Apr 04, 2007
USPS is not a guaranteed way of sending items to Nigeria. I really had a nasty experience with USPS and NIPOST. Their tracking system is not real time. It can only track within US. Items are delivered to NIPOST which in turn delivers to you.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Shinor(m): 9:46am On Apr 04, 2007
@consultant & adconline
Thanks for your experiences. To be honest i didn't choose USPS. the name that was given to me was Global express mail which i thought was a new player in the courier world. It was when the goods did not arrive after 1 week that i started to phone up B&H, By this time i was back in london and only then did i realise that USPS/Global mail Express were one and the same and that they deliver in Nigeria through NIPOST. I almost fainted and started confessing that the goods will arrive in Nigeria in Jesus name. During this period, my goatee turned grey very quickly cos my thoughts were always on what would happen should the cameras not arrive.
I have learnt my lesson and your experiences will further compel me not to use USPS again to ship anything to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by snltec(m): 1:53am On Apr 05, 2007
Check this company out, I believe they are the most effective, Impex Worldwide Express. , mmm I think their rates are about $3.3/lb, takes about 3 days. looked up their site -- www.impexworldwide.com
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by adconline(m): 6:45am On Apr 05, 2007
pls run a background check on these companies before you send your package. its better not to fall into wrong hands than hiring a lawyer.

you can check bbbonline.org or local directory.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by TopeFl(m): 3:59am On Apr 07, 2007
Are U sure your friend realy sent that Camera? He might just say that for you to get off his back especially if you have been worrying him too much. Dont get it wrong its only a thought.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by kolabit(m): 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2007
Having someone in the FEDEX with 70% off, to me is a better idea to ship goods to the country.
I can check on a guy to see if he can be of help at least.

Cheers!
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by kottelo(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2007
if are in the Maryland area, Midas does a great job and they will deliver to any designated location.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by wweekes(m): 6:51am On Jan 31, 2008
Hi,

Im WW Shipping Co., a shipping company that does Roll on Roll off shipping for cars and suv's from 2000.00 to 2600.00 depending on the size. We are also a DHL Authorized shipping center that provides 30-40 percent off of all DHL shipments, look up up on DHL.com. We also do ocean cargo to Nigeria @ $350 per CBM. We are located in Orange, NJ, and accept Credit Cards for all DHL Shipments. We are a licensed and bonded company and licensed with the FMC as a NVOCC. for more information please contact us @ 973-674-8932. or via email at wweekes@gmail.com

ww shipping co.
51 main st.
orange, nj 07050
973-674-8932

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by OrderBay(f): 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2008
Hello,

You can check out www.orderbay.com.

The company will help you make purchases in the US and ship to Nigeria using
various shipping and courier companies they have partnered with.

The shipping or courier company they will use for your order depends on the content
and weight/dimensions of your order.

Thanks
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by MadMax1(f): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2008
I saw something similar somewheres. There's a company here that buys all the stuff I need overseas and sends them to my office. The longest it's taken anything I ordered to get to me was 10 days. I can keep track of my stuff too while its in transit. Honestly, so far they've really impressed me with their courtesy and proffesional support. I'll wait a few more months before I give them a five-star rating, see if they don't slip up. But so far, amazing service. Their website is www.palemilion.com.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by hydra: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2008
In LA use JB Cargo: (213)6293080. Price/lb is fair, takes 5 days and you can pick up @ their Lagos office. It pays to consolidate your goods in a box to save cost.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Gobi38: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2008
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by tRoOE(f): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2008
[size=13pt]@topic
Don't let these online 419 people fool you
My advice is to look for someone you can trust, and pay him/her to ship it for you
My mom had a bad experience with this shipping people, her goods did not arrive in Naija
What is does now is ship her goods along with the cars my family sends to Naija to sell
Nigerians are 419, they can not be trusted, in fact doing business with Naija people na bad news
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by stkris(m): 1:00am On Sep 16, 2008
@ trooe

we'v all had our bad experiences, but try n refrain from generalising when u make such statements, because if we'r to work by

your words, then anyone doing business with you, "na real bad news for them"

2 Likes

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2008
'
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by paulmamud(m): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2008
my thots exactly!i would rather stick with FEDEX and DHL and get the peace of mind that comes with the slightly higher cost.how much are u really saving?its like flying with a cheap airline with no guarantees of getting there.U go pray tire!
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2008
'
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by bukythom: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2008
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by mimicargo: 6:52am On Jan 04, 2009
Call Ethania Logistics in Virginia for reliable and budget friendly air freight services.
www.ethaniaworld.com
(703) 6616333
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by MadMax1(f): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2009
You can try these guys PB&V. It's mainly shopping in America from Nigeria. It's operated by Nigerians and Americans and they're very professional. The service is really excellent. 50-70% Off regular DHL,FedEx etc shipping rates and my stuff arrives at my door in just a few day. I use them whenever I'm in the country. 

I had reservations about dealing with Nigerians at first but these people aren't frauds.

http://palemilion.com/
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by dvonne(f): 3:25am On Jan 16, 2009
It has to be IMPEX WORLD WIDE, They are the best, used them for tranfering my goods, I totally love impex, i donot know why they are not in the uk,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.