Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? - Travel Ads (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? (197126 Views)

Buy Goods From Dubai And Have Them Delivered To You In Nigeria / What Is The Best Shipping Option From USA To Naija? / Import Honey And Other Goods From Nigeria To Atlanta,ga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by bizzle2: 12:13am On Apr 11, 2013
try allworld international, used them once and dey were kina ok
anochuks08: i need a realiable shipping company that ships from U.S to Nigeria at affordable rates, i ship just laptops and phones in small quanties. I use express mail (EMS) Usps and items are delivered at post office, but the charges are very high. Please help
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by a2shipping: 2:05am On Apr 11, 2013
Hi anochuks08, kindly send an email to rate.request@a2globalshipping.com for more details.
We just dispatched a large shipment last night and there is another one leaving on Friday to Lagos, Nigeria.We dispatch
shipments at least twice a week.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by a2shipping: 2:09am On Apr 11, 2013
Hi koksybrown,

Kindly contact 734-799-0001. Thank you.

koksybrown: @a2shipping Give me your phone number. Mine is 08037580448
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by anochuks08(m): 10:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
bizzle*:
try allworld international, used them once and dey were kina ok
thanks bro, will check them out.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by anochuks08(m): 10:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
a2shipping: Hi anochuks08, kindly send an email to rate.request@a2globalshipping.com for more details.
We just dispatched a large shipment last night and there is another one leaving on Friday to Lagos, Nigeria.We dispatch
sent a mail
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by anochuks08(m): 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
Dou am still double minded about using your company a2shipping, i might give it a trial and I just hope i won't regret it.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by bizzle2: 1:26am On Apr 14, 2013
DON'T even TRY xpedited shipping, my ordeal with them presently Is a little worse dan a nightmare..their organisation/Logistics is absolutely ZERO. this is my first time with them and I honestly regret it.

before I made up my mind to try them, I took the pain of adding them on bbm so I cud get information easily. on enquiry (via bbm) I was told it wud take "within a week" for me to receive my item,and that dey were shipping out the following Tuesday, bla bla bla. after much hesitation I decided to give dem a try, I had my frnd drop a small package wt dier new York office on sat 6/4/2013. fast foward a few days, I ping on Wednesday to find out if the package left the U.S. as promised, dude ignores me. next day I send anoda mssg politely asking again and telling him hw important it is that I knw the state of affairs. my mssg ws read and ignored again. I help ppl buy stuff frm the U.S. through my frnd and its important that I can give a reasonable reply whn my customer asks me questions about the delivery.
I start to get rily pissed so I call their new York line twice my calls go unanswered and were nvr returned (I start to wonder if they don't pick 9ja calls or something). so I call my frnd in NY and he tells me he was given a numb for dier contact person in Nigeria, I call d dude on Saturday 13/4/13 , he asks me to call him back so he cn findout frm d clearing agent if my package hs arrived. I call him back and he starts giving me gist about nt being able to reach the agent bla bla bla and abt not haven spoken to him in a while, and asks me to call my frnd and ask him to ask dem to give him (my frnd) the agents numb...I was so mad I lashed out at him. after a few mins he sends me a numb and says I should get in touch with the agent. I call Mr agent who says he hs no package for me (after their promised one week had elapsed) I ask him whn d next shipment myt be and he say MAYBE next Friday ...dats like two weeks frm whn my package was dropped, and that one na MAYBE OOO.
My frnd is a research fellow at a univ in New yrk and takes time out of his very busy schedule to help me run dese little errands so I didn't even want to bug him about it.

The most annoying thing in this whole episode is still my inability to even findout the exact location of my package. how do I evn knw if the thing hs even left new York? I was so pissed whn the dude kept reading my bbm mssgs and
ignoring. If late delivery ws jst the problem I wouldn't hav been upset cos dts bound to happen sometimes...customs and all dt, as long as I have a good idea whn i'll be picking up my package. but being ignored and left in the dark for a service i'm paying for dts the height
their setup/collection arrangement is so messedup... imagine the contact person asking me to call my frnd in the U.S. and get the numb of the agent. infact the guy sounded like he was jst helping the comp out as a favour.

if ure looking for efficiency..FORGET XPEDITED SHIPPING, dey're nothing close to professional

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by anochuks08(m): 6:24am On Apr 14, 2013
@ bizzle, thanks for this contribution, it would have both me and others trying to use them think twice. From my research, it seems peoples experiences shipping from U.S to Nigeria has never been smooth sailing. I just pray I find a reliable shipping company that wil deliver my items on time at a cost effective rate because I don't want to use EMS again. Please keep us updated with the development
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by anochuks08(m): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2013
a2shipping: Hi anochuks08, kindly send an email to rate.request@a2globalshipping.com for more details.
I haven't shipped already with your company and your middle man, Mr. John don dey Bleep up. I called him for truck rates from lagos to Enugu and he put me on hold. I called later and he didn't answer. So am kinda wondering, if the experience is like this before shipping, how e go be when my items enter una hand?

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by bizzle2: 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2013
lol, there are quite a numb of consistent and experienced shippers u jst gotta take ur time and do enough research if u have the luxury of time. I hear PSI is ok, allword is prob my favourite the only prob I have with them is probaly their location...long Island is quite far frm my New York contct.
some of these shippers don't knw the importance of effective communication, keeping ur customers in the loop at all times not only puts u in a good light but also keeps ur customers' mind at rest, even when theres a delay they understand wts going on and they're aware their package is safe. all the best
anochuks08: I haven't shipped already with your company and your middle man, Mr. John don dey Bleep up. I called him for truck rates from lagos to Enugu and he put me on hold. I called later and he didn't answer. So am kinda wondering, if the experience is like this before shipping, how e go be when my items enter una hand?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by a2shipping: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
TELEPHONE CALLS - from the carriers perspective:

Telephone conversations between a transportation provider in the USA and someone from Nigeria are usually a waste of time due to the difficulty of understanding accented English over the telephone. Even when callers are native English speakers I do not want to take address, shipment information or an email over the telephone. I want it coming in by email or online form so that we have the data exactly as specified by the customer and it can be later reference.

Emails also allow us to respond in detail with link to relevant information on our site and to cc: others in our company who need to be aware of the communication to the inquirer/customer.

On a weekly basis, we receive shipments from private individuals and company with no email or phone number on the shipping label that is in our email or database that we can search for, and determine what we are supposed to do with that particular parcel.

As a licensed Air Carrier, the Transportation & Safety Administration requires that the party and address from which cargo is shipped to our facility, be "known" or in the TSA database, otherwise the cargo must go on a freighter rather than regular cargo service (aircraft that carry both passengers and cargo). Confusion on the sender and origin of the cargo and how the TSA requires us to classify the cargo can and will result in delays.

Accordingly, it really helps if rather than a client having had one, distracted telephone conversation with one person in our company, we received a completed web form or email: to rate.request@a2globalshipping.com that can be found and accurately referenced by all.

http://www.a2globalshipping.com/nigeria-air-consolidation
http://www.a2globalshipping.com/contact-form-general
http://www.a2globalshipping.com/inbound-cargo-alert
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by anochuks08(m): 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
a2shipping: TELEPHONE CALLS - from the carriers perspective:

Telephone conversations between a transportation provider in the USA and someone from Nigeria are usually a waste of time due to the difficulty of understanding accented English over the telephone. Even when callers are native English speakers I do not want to take address, shipment information or an email over the telephone. I want it coming in by email or online form so that we have the data exactly as specified by the customer and it can be later reference.

Emails also allow us to respond in detail with link to relevant information on our site and to cc: others in our company who need to be aware of the communication to the inquirer/customer.

On a weekly basis, we receive shipments from private individuals and company with no email or phone number on the shipping label that is in our email or database that we can search for, and determine what we are supposed to do with that particular parcel.

As a licensed Air Carrier, the Transportation & Safety Administration requires that the party and address from which cargo is shipped to our facility, be "known" or in the TSA database, otherwise the cargo must go on a freighter rather than regular cargo service (aircraft that carry both passengers and cargo). Confusion on the sender and origin of the cargo and how the TSA requires us to classify the cargo can and will result in delays.

Accordingly, it really helps if rather than a client having had one, distracted telephone conversation with one person in our company, we received a completed web form or email: to rate.request@a2globalshipping.com that can be found and accurately referenced by all.

I heard the Mr. John speak, before he asked me to hold, he is a Nigerian, so, there is no problem with accent on both sides. If you can clearly remember, i already sent a mail to rate.request@a2globalshipping.com, you replied, sent me John's contact and asked me to call him for truck rates from Lagos to Enugu.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by anochuks08(m): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
bizzle*:
lol, there are quite a numb of consistent and experienced shippers u jst gotta take ur time and do enough research if u have the luxury of time. I hear PSI is ok, allword is prob my favourite the only prob I have with them is probaly their location...long Island is quite far frm my New York contct.
some of these shippers don't knw the importance of effective communication, keeping ur customers in the loop at all times not only puts u in a good light but also keeps ur customers' mind at rest, even when theres a delay they understand wts going on and they're aware their package is safe. all the best
I just pray i get one that is reliable. I dn't mind paying $5 per lb. Am doing an intensive research. Anyone i get, i wil test them with just a laptop and see who it goes
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by a2shipping: 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
NIGERIA TRUCKING RATES:

This is what we have in our database courtesy of John. Someone mentioned that a link or form was not working, so we will check on that.

Please email or use our online form if you have any questions. There are two of use that go through the online form submissions, even on the weekends and try to get back to all requests by Sunday night USA so that you will have an answer Monday morning if you are doing business in Lagos.

Origin Dest. City Min Weight Rate (NGN / Kg) Rate (US$ / Kg)
Lagos Ibadan 75 ₦100 $0.64
Lagos Lokoja 75 ₦100 $0.64
Lagos Benin 75 ₦100 $0.64
Lagos Warri 75 ₦100 $0.64
Lagos Abuja 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Port Harcourt 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Owerri 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Aba 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Awka 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Onitsha 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Gwagwalada 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Mbaise 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Umuahia 75 ₦140 $0.89
Lagos Kaduna 75 ₦170 $1.08
Lagos Uyo 75 ₦170 $1.08
Lagos Jos 75 ₦170 $1.08
Lagos Calabar 75 ₦170 $1.08
Lagos Akwanga 75 ₦170 $1.08
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by a2shipping: 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
anochuks08,

No need to worry. Just send us an email if you have any questions.

rate.request@a2globalshipping.com

anochuks08: Dou am still double minded about using your company a2shipping, i might give it a trial and I just hope i won't regret it.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by jamalking: 4:23am On May 09, 2013
I think [url]Rokobi.com[/url] uses a2shipping too, but I am not completely certain. Their service is great though...
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Tayogeorge(m): 11:21pm On May 09, 2013
kdships: Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest?

I have stocks of items waiting to be shipped to Nigeria from the US but am finding it hard paying for the shipping. UPS, DHL, FEDEX, AIRBOURNE fees are a little too expensive for me.

If you have an idea about a much cheaper company or a better way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

most suppliers are going to offer free shipping to any location in the USA, or if they are charging for shipping it will be the same or less to ship to a destination in the Midwest than to ship the same box or freight to the east coast. Major reasons for this are the lower taxes and costs of warehousing and personnel in the Midwest which is less unionized and regulated in Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, than NY, NJ and Maryland.Please let's know what you're shipping in order to know what and what solution will be fit in...you can also use this specially created platform for US to Nigeria Shipments http://www.geokaz-usa.com/inbound.php If you cann't click through, please copy and paste the link into your browser.[b][/b]Also read Procedures involved in shipping from US to Nigeria here http://www.valuehandlers.com/#!us-cargo-consolidation-to-nigeria-/c8l2
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Dyt(f): 2:11am On May 12, 2013
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by jamalking: 3:24am On May 27, 2013
You guys should try www.rokobi.com. Though it is not a shipping company par se, but with their system (shopping concierge), you can buy goods from any retailers and it will be delivered to your destinations. I think they are just starting new in Nigeria though...
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by donmike122(m): 8:27am On May 30, 2013
Hello,please how much would it cost to send a laptop and 2 phones from houston texas to lagos.and whats your delivery time
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 02, 2013
Good evening all of you,pls anyone had any Good Or bad experience with these freight companies recently?pls share..
If u were asked to refer some of these freighters who would that be?
I have stopped judging them by Page 1 and 2 of these threa...I believe that a couple of them must have improved their serv ice...pls
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by tosnat: 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
ican2020: Hey,
What will it cost to ship a laptop and external hard disk from Texas to Abuja Nigeria.

Both of these items weighs less than 6 pounds.
Laptop 5 pounds
External Hard dist 0.6 pounds

Your subjection are welcome. Thanks in advance
hy ican.wer u able to ship those stuffs?..ave got stuffs i also wana ship from texas.pls put me thru as to how u got it done,.thanks bro
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by tosnat: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
ican2020: Hey,
What will it cost to ship a laptop and external hard disk from Texas to Abuja Nigeria.

Both of these items weighs less than 6 pounds.
Laptop 5 pounds
External Hard dist 0.6 pounds

Your subjection are welcome. Thanks in advance
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by tunjiup: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2013
I am giving rokobi.com a trial for now. Will share the experience soon
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Cuebabs: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
The worst shipping company to use is Impexworldwide. I had a terrible experiences with them

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Roland17(m): 2:08am On Jul 04, 2013
Shipping goods back home is one hell of a night mare for Nigerians in diaspora, TRUST by far is one inevitable factor that affects how both parties work.

I am following this thread religiously with hopes someone comes up with a name that is credible enough to burden your trust on.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by bluerange(f): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
l have been using aascargo for a year-no disappointment. my last shipment left the US yesterday and am expecting FedEx to deliver it at my place next friday if there is no delay with the customs. l track my goods online, also do get email updates.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by yemama20: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
Impexworldwide not sure I want to use them again. They are not straightforward. Any one ever had parcel missing with American air sea cargo, mine is, I was notified it was shipped out half arrived at destination. Please has anyone had this before and was your package ever located.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by mavinc4u(f): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2013
yemama20: Impexworldwide not sure I want to use them again. They are not straightforward. Any one ever had parcel missing with American air sea cargo, mine is, I was notified it was shipped out half arrived at destination. Please has anyone had this before and was your package ever located.

i have and i will give you a reply later
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by esosa4real(m): 4:06am On Jul 28, 2013
kcatetra: Well i decided to share ma own experiences. I am also a business man and ship in all sorts ranging from phone cases to laptops. Neva done a car or container shipping tho, strictly airfreight

IMPEX: ive used them, they are quite reliable, always ship out on thursdays. Problems arise in Nigeria when they try to clear. I have dis feeling they land in mayb Togo or Ghana and drive the goods down to Lagos, i may be wrong but their delivery time of about a week is fair enuf. Note they only ship out on thursdays last i checked.

XPEDITED: ah, my very good friends. they are quite reliable, do free pickup for me in NY from a friend. tho the three times i used them, my shipment neva came on time. sheduled delivery is 2-3 weeks except u were lucky enuf to get ur items to them just two days b4 they have agglomerated enuf to ship out. i believe low customers is their main issue but a good customer care (the first shipment was sent free due to the delay) helps a lot. would def use again for less priority parcels

ALLWORLD: currently in test phase. i have sent them my package, was delayed due to easter holidays. got an invoice for about $212 (with a ps3 and a laptop in it coupled with about 6 shoe boxes and a lot of other electronics) which i think is fair. cheapest price per lb out there ($3.12), wonderful customer care in a certain DJ chap. wat else can i say? all i hope is that i get a call to pickup by say monday/tuesday and i wud give them a stellar performance.

The truth is that no freight forwarder is gonna ship out only ur items if its less than say 50kg, they need to agglomerate. as such, u need to find a company that has customers, yet no figure on its minimum shipping weight. Allworld and Xpedited kill it for me (IMPEX has a 5lbs minimum weight). Corporate Messengers is also a nice company, ive heard reviews, neva used them. would probably try them if Allworld screw me over (which i heavily doubt)

All in all i think ma preference is

Allworld - Xpedited - Impex/Corporate Messengers (cos of their minimum policy)

U should also know Nigerian customs are asses! one week NAHCO & FAAN were arguing about new policies so shut down the airport!! stuff like this creates delays and ur companies can only say 'we are sorry, the goods have been delayed for some reason' u have to be patient. i have neva lost any goods via Xpedited or Impex we thank God. U can consider all these companies locations too, if u have a friend in say NY, Allworld and Xpedited wud be splendid. NJ residents wud use IMPEX. for other state capitals, try Corporate Messengers as they have quite a branch network.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this post, i am considering Allworld tho but please do you know if they can successfully ship a car-part item such as "window glass" and car lights successfully from ilinois to lagos??
This would be my first time and cant stand receiving a breakable item or it being stolen.

Lastly, why nobody considering the BIGGER guys like Fedex,UPS, DHL?? or are they very expensive?? Because i think our goods would be safer with them or what do you guys think??

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.