Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns (741 Views)

Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA / Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP / Lai Mohammed Slams FFK & Fayose, Warns Nigerians On Fake News Regarding Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by eyesoflagos: 5:37am On May 18, 2017
No law stops me from leaving PDP – Fayose warns
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/05/no-law-stops-me-from-leaving-pdp-fayose.html

Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose has hinted on his readiness to quit the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) over the protracted factional crisis tearing the green-red-white umbrella to shreds.

The governor has also showcased new campaign buses which have no PDP name and logo fueling speculations that he had perfected plans to move to another party.

The campaign buses have the following inscriptions: “Support Continuity 2018, Fayose Wherever You Go, We Will Go”; “Ekiti 2018…Continuity, Fayose Leads, We Follow.”

Buses including 35-seater Toyota Urvan and 18-seater Toyota Hiace, otherwise known as Toyota Hummer bus are parked in the premises of the Government House.

The buses which are painted lemon green are embossed with the picture of a smiling Fayose wearing black “danshiki” with red embroidery and waving.

The non-appearance of the PDP name and logo are tell-tale signs that Fayose has made up his mind to quit the umbrella party.

But Fayose who hosted students and youths Wednesday evening at Government House grounds whose ages range between 18 and 22 emphasized that he won’t wait a day longer in the PDP if his faction loses the case at the Supreme Court.

Many of the students who were attracted to the Government House with the governor’s promise of giving the first 300 that arrived laptops went home disappointed when the promise was not fulfilled.

Fayose promised to organize a raffle draw to determine the laptop winners which did not go down well with the youths who were eager to go home with their prizes.

Addressing the audience earlier, Fayose He also dropped a bombshell that stakeholders in the party loyal to Senator Ahmed Makarfi will defect to another party, if Senator Ali Modu Sheriff wins the appeal pending at the apex court.

He did not mention the party they (Makarfi loyalists) would defect to in the event of a loss to Sheriff.

When asked whether he has the intention of leaving the PDP as being rumoured, Fayose stated that no law prohibited him from defecting if the PDP can’t be a veritable platform for him to advance his political frontiers in 2018.

Fayose said: “I am still a member of the PDP and still the Chairman of the PDP governor’s forum, there are no two sides to it.

“But the strategy for 2018 poll is strictly my own business. No law says I should not run on the platform of another party if the PDP is no longer a right direction depending on circumstances.

“If they are bent on destroying the PDP, let them go ahead but I will never have anything to do with Senator Sheriff. The party is like a vehicle and the vehicle can’t be more important than the driver.”

Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by HungerBAD: 5:38am On May 18, 2017
Why is Ambode picture here?and the story is about Fayose?

Fayose is still going around looking for the party that will accept him into their fold, but unfortunately for him, no party wants to be associated with somebody suffering from Hydrocephalus and Logorrhea.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by skelewu404(m): 5:39am On May 18, 2017
He don dey use style eye apc
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by skelewu404(m): 5:41am On May 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Why is Ambode picture here?and the story is about Fayose?
the mumu op no even know fayose

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by HungerBAD: 5:41am On May 18, 2017
skelewu404:
the mumu op no even know fayose

LOL
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by ipobarecriminals: 5:50am On May 18, 2017
cool sad cheesy wink grin lipsrsealed embarassed Baba Aladiye,the Ewa Aganyin,Ponmo cutter is looking for a way to RUNZ.Abi,moja mosa la mu Akinkanju
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by Nobody: 5:50am On May 18, 2017
Immunity Clause end don de near.
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by Tolexander: 5:52am On May 18, 2017
Many of the students who were attracted to the Government House with the governor’s promise of giving the first 300 that arrived laptops went home disappointed when the promise was not fulfilled.

Fayose promised to organize a raffle draw to determine the laptop winners which did not go down well with the youths who were eager to go home with their prizes
If it was the presidency that failed to fulfill the promise of 300 laptops, Fayose and Lere would attack and criticize the presidency.

But why are many students in this country so dumb? So the Ekiti students actually believed that Fayose, a politician, could actually dole out 300 laptops for gathering to talk to them?

Our Education system and curriculum needs being reviewed.

3 Likes

Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by prospero5(m): 6:04am On May 18, 2017
Nigeria and one party system is like .......
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by segebase(m): 6:06am On May 18, 2017
vv
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by EazyFrenzy(f): 6:09am On May 18, 2017
here we talked about Fayose but i can only see Ambode's picture. Well! Fayose, that controversial governor (thug governor) that has a turn a state so educated into a state of modern slavery.
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by Elmojiid(m): 6:14am On May 18, 2017
the man is looking for a way out now...becos if he did nt win the next election in 2018....he is a dead man, am not suprise becos during fayemi election he told his pple to vote for fayemi back then...he now unsit fayemi so he is fearing the same thing might happen to him.
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by mzirawo: 6:47am On May 18, 2017
grin grin
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by omenkaLives(m): 6:50am On May 18, 2017
Fayose has left PDP, all that is left for him to do is make it official.

What a shame.
Re: No Law Stops Me From Leaving PDP – Fayose Warns by DamiBukola: 7:16am On May 18, 2017
I support you my leader, let Sheriff go with his party all thanks our judiciary inclusive of Abang Okon

(1) (Reply)

Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust / Yoruba Is Not Dividing Nigeria Nor Are We Afraid Of Secession. / Northern Youths Threatening Igbos Are Jobless - Southeast, Southsouth Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.